The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Yes, and I find this troubling. Great, I’m glad he saw his grandmother, but he could have made time for his father..and didn’t, turned him down, in fact. I don’t think H has any interest in reconciliation - at least with Charles - and none will be possible as long as he remains convinced that he did nothing wrong both before and after the interview.

Well, if you take the POV that Louis and Archie’s pictures being released on the same day and around the same time was likely intentional on the Sussexes part....I’m not sure he has much desire to reconcile with William either. It’s not a big thing really, it isn’t. But- it’s not behavior that suggests: I want to work things out and am doing my part. It just doesn’t.

Honestly, how often do we ever see Louis and Archie? Louis, of course, having a picture released for his birthday is expected.

Last edited:
Well, if you take the POV that Louis and Archie’s pictures being released on the same day and around the same time was likely intentional on the Sussexes part....I’m not sure he has much desire to reconcile with William either. It’s not a big thing really, it isn’t, but it’s not something I see as going over well with William. (And he’ll surely be aware IMO.) And it’s not behavior that suggests: I want to work things out and am doing my part. It just doesn’t.

Honestly, how often do we ever see Louis and Archie? Louis, of course, having a picture released for his birthday is expected.

Right, especially since Meghan brought poor Kate into this mess, dragged her under the bus..

H could have stayed an extra day or two. Originally I wasn’t bothered by him leaving when he did because I was pleasantly surprised he stayed the extra day. Now that I know he refused to make time for Charles because he HAD to get home to Meghan...it bothers me, a great deal. It just strikes me as excessive, his desperately missing her so much that he couldn’t bear one or two more days without her, even to see his father.

H could have stayed an extra day or two. Originally I wasn’t bothered by him leaving when he did because I was pleasantly surprised he stayed the extra day. Now that I know he refused to make time for Charles because he HAD to get home to Meghan...it bothers me, a great deal. It just strikes me as excessive, his desperately missing her so much that he couldn’t bear one or two more days without her, even to see his father.

But apparently he couldn't have stayed the extra day or two because there was a wealthy philanthropist on the calendar for a lunch date on HM's birthday. And we know that nothing is more important than money with these two...

But apparently he couldn't have stayed the extra day or two because there was a wealthy philanthropist on the calendar for a lunch date on HM's birthday. And we know that nothing is more important than money with these two...

I didn’t know that. I don’t think missing the Queen’s birthday is a huge deal if Harry saw her twice - Charles didn’t see her at all (I guess he’s still in Wales), for instance, nor William. Skipping out on his father to meet with a philanthropist (naturally wealthy) seems a very Harry thing to do.

I didn’t know that. I don’t think missing the Queen’s birthday is a huge deal if Harry saw her twice - Charles didn’t see her at all (I guess he’s still in Wales), for instance, nor William. Skipping out on his father to meet with a philanthropist (naturally wealthy) seems a very Harry thing to do.

I'm not certain that the "too heavy of a schedule to meet with his father" is actually the way it really happened or was invented by someone "outside the box" of the inner circle surrounding the BRF. One thing I do believe though is that there isn't a person in this world (with an actual heart) that wouldn't reschedule something with Harry should he have decided to spend extra time in the UK after his grandfather's funeral as much publicized that grandfather's funeral was. If Harry had decided he wanted to spend some one on one time with Charles in Wales and formed a "bubble", I think it would have been understandable.

We really don't know at all how the meetings between Harry and his father and his brother went and if things were looking brighter or even disintegrated more. We do know they met though and that now, Harry is back in California.

Or...did he choose his work over a family birthday, like i think many of the BRF might do :flowers: (and yes, i think in Harry's new life, this is part of his job..whether we like it or not)

And the daily mail sure know how to write headlines that bait us to click :lol:

I could only glance at it for now, but ....now we know where Harry’s priorities lie, and it’s not with his family. He chose some billionaire over his own father...

What happened to quarantine when he returned.. His grandmother sat on her own and watched her husband of 73 years lowered into the vault, rather than not follow the guidelines .
He chose not to wait for her birthday but he could break quarantine for lunch with a rich philanthropist.
The more I hear the more I hope they stay in America.

I know that this is going to be an odd sell but I am beginning to think that all of it is part of the PR campaign.
I think they are pushing various articles though Scobie, through their friends and then the royal sources so we have Harry is regretting the interview, Harry is having meetings with his father, to Harry is writing letters and talking to the Queen. Yes - it keeps them in the news and pushes the assumption that they are still relevant and newsworthy, but it is also telling the public that we cannot trust the media as the story is all over the place. So when they have another interview they can say - can you believe the stories they make up about us? It seems very orchestrated, it seems very expensive and it is very dangerous.
Is it all deflection? If so - from what?

Pic is definitely planned - Meghan is often seen around the areas with 4 bodyguards where are they in the pic? Very nice of them to walk far behind enough for people to take a clean shot. This shot is not even zoomed in to cut them out. Have a look at a few pap shots they are zoomed so that the celebrity cant see the shot been taken - this is a clean shot. The photographer was able to be seen by Meghan and her security. It is even taken at a level angle. No celebrity paparazzi photographer is this lucky.

From what I understand Harry and Meghan spoke about the half in and Half out from when they got married. So it would make sense that the palace would say Meghan should continue acting - but I think Harry is simplifying or simply missing the point on what was really said. I expect that it was more like Meghan might enjoy making her own money or that Meghan's earning money might come in handy if cash is needed - note that most of Harry's money is tied up in trusts.

What happened to quarantine when he returned.. His grandmother sat on her own and watched her husband of 73 years lowered into the vault, rather than not follow the guidelines .
He chose not to wait for her birthday but he could break quarantine for lunch with a rich philanthropist.
The more I hear the more I hope they stay in America.

I wish they weren’t over here, but it’s better here than in the UK...

What happened to quarantine when he returned. His grandmother sat on her own and watched her husband of 73 years lowered into the vault, rather than not follow the guidelines.

That's an interesting point. CDC guidelines say travellers do not need to be tested or self-quarantine upon return to the US if they have been *fully* vaccinated.

I believe California only opened up vaccinations to people 16+ late last week, but it's possible he secured one by other means.

And fully vaccinated means both shots, where applicable. Not just the first.

Last edited:
It is possible that Charles recommended that Harry go back to the U.S. out of concern for Meghan, needing time to process Philip's passing, or because he just didn't want to deal with Harry. Personally, I think it is most likely that Charles needed some time to himself to mourn because he has always been an introvert.

With respect to staying over for the Queen's birthday, that may have been more likely if there weren't COVID restrictions. We don't know how many people were able to visit in person on her birthday. I like to think that she received many Zoom calls and some beautiful hand made birthday cards.

Right, especially since Meghan brought poor Kate into this mess, dragged her under the bus..

I agree with you. I think they wanted equal or even higher billing. Maybe because Meghan would have seen the three of them (W, K, H) do a lot of things together before she got involved with him ( I don’t buy for a New York second that she didn’t have plenty of info about both Harry and the RF before she met him. She wore Diana’s perfume on their first date, for Pete’s sake);perhaps she honestly thought the “billing” would be equal. She seems to have a thing about Kate and does not like to be in second (really 4th) place: HM, Camilla, Kate, Meghan.

Obviously clueless about how things work in the RF, and I really think that Harry is too in some ways if he didn’t seem to know who makes the decision about his security. Rather entitled sounding.

It really bothers me that he set this business lunch on HM’s birthday. Most likely this was on the calendar before Philip died. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't actually have an issue with him not waiting for the birthday, with covid restrictions plus a pregnant wife I fully understand.
I am a bit disappointed that it appears to be ok to break quarantine for lunch. He attended a family funeral, probably mixed even with the best intentions to social distance, went to an airport and flew on an airplane. I am disappointed that he thought quarantine so unimportant.

I'm not certain that the "too heavy of a schedule to meet with his father" is actually the way it really happened or was invented by someone "outside the box" of the inner circle surrounding the BRF. One thing I do believe though is that there isn't a person in this world (with an actual heart) that wouldn't reschedule something with Harry should he have decided to spend extra time in the UK after his grandfather's funeral as much publicized that grandfather's funeral was. If Harry had decided he wanted to spend some one on one time with Charles in Wales and formed a "bubble", I think it would have been understandable.

We really don't know at all how the meetings between Harry and his father and his brother went and if things were looking brighter or even disintegrated more. We do know they met though and that now, Harry is back in California.

Harry did choose to rush back to CA, so he clearly decided meeting with this billionaire was more important to him (and the spin was that he so desperately missed Meghan, which as spin doesn’t work to me because, come on, it’s a couple of days...).

I know that this is going to be an odd sell but I am beginning to think that all of it is part of the PR campaign.
I think they are pushing various articles though Scobie, through their friends and then the royal sources so we have Harry is regretting the interview, Harry is having meetings with his father, to Harry is writing letters and talking to the Queen. Yes - it keeps them in the news and pushes the assumption that they are still relevant and newsworthy, but it is also telling the public that we cannot trust the media as the story is all over the place. So when they have another interview they can say - can you believe the stories they make up about us? It seems very orchestrated, it seems very expensive and it is very dangerous.
Is it all deflection? If so - from what?

We're always going to get conflicting reports from the media, and this is about every member of the family not just them. I think most people would agree you can't trust the media to give you completely accurate details of what's going on. However any royal watcher and even some of the general public know that Scobie is an authorised mouth piece "we leaked some wrong information to our friend to lie to the media" isn't going to get them anywhere.

Possibly some stories were just made up, some possibly came from the The Firm side but in the last few days the Sussex side has been firmly Charles/William =Bad, HM = Good, which seems to be the extent of their current plan.

Whilst I wouldn't rule out a strategy for another interview but on their current track Harry's more likely to say "Charles and William leaked that Kate was being a peacemaker! That's wrong, Meghan is the only peacemaker my life!" They're meanies who ganged up on me!", than anything else and both sides agree that Charles/William wanted to meet with him together.

Their last attack on the media was overshadowed by everything else and they had to falsify headlines, they literally complained via Gayle that no one was talking about how evil the media were to them because they were talking about how racist the family might have been(!). Even "blaming" the media for hyping up a potential reconciliation between brothers seems self defeating. "You thought we might bury the hatchet, you were so wrong....!"

Harry "regretted the interview" was followed up with the next sentence with "but he still feels they had to do it, get their story out there." Whilst his grandfather was on his death bed and before they want to come to the Jubilee next year (fingers crossed for HM). So basically that he didn't regret it at all but wanted that headline.

The Sun is claiming that the BRF is fed up with the Sussexes leaking. I'm sure they are but take the report with the appropriate amount of salt.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14736526/prince-harry-peace-william-leaking-meghan-markle/

The Sun is claiming that the BRF is fed up with the Sussexes leaking. I'm sure they are but take the report with the appropriate amount of salt.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14736526/prince-harry-peace-william-leaking-meghan-markle/

I can absolutely sympathize - the leaks would drive me nuts - but surely these 'sources' close to the BRF shouldn't be talking either?

I mean, if you work for the BRF, and you go to a paper to say 'they're all annoyed that Harry and Meghan are going to the papers', that seems just a little rich, yes? ?

I can absolutely sympathize - the leaks would drive me nuts - but surely these 'sources' close to the BRF shouldn't be talking either?

I mean, if you work for the BRF, and you go to a paper to say 'they're all annoyed that Harry and Meghan are going to the papers', that seems just a little rich, yes? ?
I agree but the question is who is authorizing the leaks. Are the leaks being authorized by Meghan and Harry? Are the palace leaks being authorized by a member of the royal family? Both sides likely have friends and staff who are providing information without authorization and there is very little control. We also know that the media sometimes invents sources.

I am reasonably sure that the royal family has not authorized leaks over the last few weeks. At the same time, I am sure that many of the leaks that we have seen from the Sussex side were authorized (the calls to the Queen and the details about the wreath). I tend to think that if Omid reports something, (ie, such as Harry didn't write a letter) he has authorization from the Sussexes based on his previous experience and relationships with them.

I agree but the question is who is authorizing the leaks. Are the leaks being authorized by Meghan and Harry? Are the palace leaks being authorized by a member of the royal family? Both sides likely have friends and staff who are providing information without authorization and there is very little control. We also know that the media sometimes invents sources.

Those are all very good points, yes. It seems to me, that everyone involved, whether participants, employees or friends, just needs to STOP TALKING. If only for a few weeks, to allow the pot to come off the boil.

And it had honestly never occurred to me that papers might invent sources. I guess they do it to lend credence to an opinion they are sure is absolutely correct e.g. 'the royals are tired of having conversations shared', but it strikes me as being horribly dishonest.

Those are all very good points, yes. It seems to me, that everyone involved, whether participants, employees or friends, just needs to STOP TALKING. If only for a few weeks, to allow the pot to come off the boil.

And it had honestly never occurred to me that papers might invent sources. I guess they do it to lend credence to an opinion they are sure is absolutely correct e.g. 'the royals are tired of having conversations shared', but it strikes me as being horribly dishonest.

It is horribly dishonest when the tabloids invent sources. I agree that all sources should stop talking with the media, at least for a few months to allow the family to mourn Philip without constantly stirring the pot.
Cecilia

Archie is such a sweet boy! So big now!

But yes, I'm rather sceptical it was just a paparazzi sighting. I've been waiting for something to emerge right on Louis' birthday because there has been a pattern. Coincidence? Perhaps. But I don't think so.

And even if it was a coincidence, the difference is striking. Harry and Meghan supposedly ran away from cameras and such, yet their child is getting his photo taken in the most casual of circumstances while HRH Prince Louis of Cambridge, in the midst of evil media interest, gets his casual photo taken by his mother. Harry and Meghan did miscalculate if their children's privacy was one of their major reasons for leaving.

For a long time I kept doubting whether it couldn't be a coincidence (and we just noticed that they also happened to release information on 'special days') but I am afraid that I need to conclude that it isn't if they even feel the need to steal the limelight of their 3-year old nephew on his birthday (the only day in a year that he is the center of attention (in a very limited way)) to promote themselves; by allowing a picture of Archie being taken after being able to shield him from the moment they arrived in the USA.

They must feel rather insecure if they feel the need to do this and/or they have a huge issue with jealousy. I am curious to see what we will see next week on W&C's 10th wedding anniversary and Charlotte's birthday a few days later.

Some sources are authorised to speak to the media and some are aides/staff who aren't or are simply made up. I don't know which category this falls in to. I agree it doesn't necessarily help anything in the long run whoever said it.

However the article in the Sun doesn't give any details about meetings or what was said. Just that the family were unhappy with all the leaks over the funeral, including specific details like Meghan zooming with the Queen and probably all the other stuff with the wreath, "Meghan's friend" Scobie talking with authority directly from them, just like the stuff with Gayle. It's no more than we've said here. No "Prince Charles is really beside himself, he's meditating and talking to his flowers in Wales trying to calm down and Zooming with Louis on his birthday, being a good grandpa."

I could have written that article but I couldn't have written Scobie's.

Unless H&M are banking on the possibility of the British Monarchy being abolished after the death of the Queen.

I don't see that happening, monarchy is very popular, and Britain has to deal with so much right now, I don't think it will take any huge steps like that

I don't see that happening, monarchy is very popular, and Britain has to deal with so much right now, I don't think it will take any huge steps like that

The monarchy isn't "very popular". Its reasonably popular, and there's a certain sadness over PHilips death..

If Charles and William can't trust Harry not to reveal private conversations, that's a pretty significant hurdle. If they tried to explain that in their "summit" and they got the impression that Harry didn't agree.......well, I just don't know that there's much hope for a genuine reconcilation.

Isn't the below the truth, lol

Meanwhile, Mr Dampier said the leaks are in complete contrast to Meghan and Harry's repeated requests for privacy.

And mending relationships will be "extremely difficult" unless the couple stop "conducting negotiations through the public media", he said.

"When it comes to his dealings with his own family, the privacy seems to go out the window," he said.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14730902/harry-struggle-heal-wounds-charles-william-fear-leak/

Last edited:
The monarchy isn't going to be abolished after the Queen's death.

I doubt that the Queen was too bothered about her birthday: even without the Covid restrictions, she can hardly have been in the mood for celebrations. But it does seem a bit tacky if Harry rushed back for a meal out with a billionaire. And apparently this is supposed to be a very exclusive club where no-one reports on who's dining with whom, and yet, quelle surprise, this ended up in the papers - another leak.

For a long time I kept doubting whether it couldn't be a coincidence (and we just noticed that they also happened to release information on 'special days') but I am afraid that I need to conclude that it isn't if they even feel the need to steal the limelight of their 3-year old nephew on his birthday (the only day in a year that he is the center of attention (in a very limited way)) to promote themselves; by allowing a picture of Archie being taken after being able to shield him from the moment they arrived in the USA.

They must feel rather insecure if they feel the need to do this and/or they have a huge issue with jealousy. I am curious to see what we will see next week on W&C's 10th wedding anniversary and Charlotte's birthday a few days later.

Only, the Sussexes haven't really taken the focus off of Louis's birthday. The only place that I have seen the Archie photos even being discussing is here at TRF.

So IF that was the intention (I am not truly convinced that it was tbh) Meghan and Harry have badly miscalculated. Again.:cool:

Louis' birthday isn't that big an event, and is probalby only noticed by royal fans.. but it seems odd to me that they suddenly have a photo appear, just like they published that photo in November of themselves in a miltiary cemetery....

It is horribly dishonest when the tabloids invent sources. I agree that all sources should stop talking with the media, at least for a few months to allow the family to mourn Philip without constantly stirring the pot.
Cecilia
The papers have to make a living and they write stories... That's not going to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis' birthday isn't that big an event, and is probalby only noticed by royal fans.. but it seems odd to me that they suddenly have a photo appear, just like they published that photo in November of themselves in a miltiary cemetery....

All that signifies to me that the Sussexes can only ride on the coat tails of the remaining members of the BRF to stay relevant. They have yet to show that they have anything of importance to be noticed in their own right.

I think they're trying too hard to show and prove that they're still "in" with the British Royal Family where the truth actually is that they're "out". As in left field in a land far, far away removed from anything of importance that the BRF and it's "Firm" does.

Precisely. Any truly good PR firm knows the value of not being so obvious so I'm truly baffled why Sunshine Sachs is making the big money. Good PR firms know that making something look unintentional, uncalculated, and coincidental is important for the long run. If everyone can see through the facade and even comes to expect the "leaks" on certain days and in a certain pattern, it definitely loses some of it's value. At this point it's entirely predictable and even expected that Harry and Meghan and family will be pictured or release "news" any time there's a birthday, anniversary, or important event for that big, bad, mean bunch of Brits across the pond. Another poster earlier on said it well...once or twice is simply coincidence or bad timing. At this point, it's a fully expected pattern.

Perhaps we will see a Sussex vow renewal on the 29th for W & C’s 10th wedding anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom