The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 04-15-2021, 05:56 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That is an interesting question, I am not sure,
What I do think is that they appear to be saying that they left because of the treatment they received, so a half in half out situation surely would not have changed that situation.
All the things they complained about had already happened so I am not sure what going public did to help the situation

Receiving money from the family, security also Harrys military titles seems to have been very important to them so if they had retained all them they might have had too much to lose. But once they were gone anyway, they had nothing to lose and remember Tom Bradbury hinted after the South Africa interview that they could do a blockbuster tell all interview. I saw that as a threat give us what we want or else. They didn't get what they wanted so they did the big interview

I wonder if the interview was payback for not giving them what they wanted.
What baffles me most now is that if things were so bad and dire and horrible and Meghan was having so many problems including thoughts of suicide, why would she even begin to think of assenting to be half in working for the big, bad institution and living part time in the UK where the problems stemmed from in the first place. This is what doesn't make sense to me at all. Unless.... the half in was intended to "foot the bill" for their lifestyle they wanted?

Things just don't really add up to the way I believe Harry and Meghan want them to.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #622  
Old 04-15-2021, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What baffles me most now is that if things were so bad and dire and horrible and Meghan was having so many problems including thoughts of suicide, why would she even begin to think of assenting to be half in working for the big, bad institution and living part time in the UK where the problems stemmed from in the first place. This is what doesn't make sense to me at all. Unless.... the half in was intended to "foot the bill" for their lifestyle they wanted?

Things just don't really add up to the way I believe Harry and Meghan want them to.
These are excellent points, I think there is validity to what you say.
The half in was the money, security etc with a few appearances to promote themselves as royal, the out was doing what they wanted in the USA. Although they now claim they are only working with netflix for the money.
__________________

  #623  
Old 04-15-2021, 06:03 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
So many of their friends have gossiped to the media openly that every "source" is potentially considered to have been authorised by Meghan.
You can say a lot of things about Meghan's friends and their willingness to talk to the media. Being afraid to put their names to their comments is not one of them. So respectfully, I think that's a very flawed conclusion to draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
The "Palace Hacks" have been over and over this ground for decades and know you can't deny everything, especially the trivial stuff. All the royals relationships are gossiped about as if nothing has changed from that one article years ago saying they hate each other. They just get on with their lives.

It was an inconsequential story of potentially two women having an argument and both getting upset in a very stressful week over flower girls outfits. There was no need to bring it up at all.
But it clearly wasn't inconsequential to Meghan. It was clearly a story that had been very hurtful to her. Which makes the Firm's unwillingness to rebut it all the more puzzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
(...) Meghan apparently felt truly, horrifically, terrible during and after her pregnancy, maybe she should have made allowances for a new mother? (...) It's also worth noting that Meghan didn't really single out any men for criticism by name, just Kate.
You say this as though Meghan was slamming Kate in the interview which begs the question: Because in the interview I watched, she was very careful not to let Kate come off as some "villain" in that story and also to say that she doesn't believe Kate has anything to do with it being misreported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
And then acted as if all Kate suffered was "rudeness" and not actual harassment for a decade.
That's in the eye of the beholder, methinks. To me – while I agree that Meghan could've used a more expressive word than rude – the intention with that statement was not to downplay Kate or anyone else's experience, but to stress that it isn't comparable to Meghan's experience because of the added element of racism. And she's not wrong about that.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #624  
Old 04-15-2021, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,780
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News April 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am not sure how Kate was "thrown under the bus" when Meghan made it a point to praise her grace by pointing out that she had apologized over the incident?


As far as I’m concerned, discussing it at all was out of line. That was a private issue between them. That the tabloids made an issue out of whatever it was that actually happened is no excuse in my mind. Private is private.

That said, since, according to Meghan, Meghan was the wronged party, I also think it’s unkind in general to announce to the world your sister in law made you cry. And then say- but it’s okay since she apologized and because I’m a wonderful person- I forgave her. What a great way to try and make yourself look really good. I did nothing wrong AND I’m forgiving. How classy of her. Only not. It was utterly tasteless IMO. (I seem to recall Meghan also making a point of telling Oprah that the pictures of her and Kate together seemingly friendly didn’t reflect reality. Or something along those lines. That was nice of her too.)

Also- I think you addressed this earlier- but this is still Meghan’s version of the story. This is not necessarily what actually happened. This is what Meghan SAID happened. No one else has confirmed this anywhere. And I’m not inclined to take Meghan’s word for it.
  #625  
Old 04-15-2021, 06:51 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
(I seem to recall Meghan also making a point of telling Oprah that the pictures of her Kate together seemingly friendly didn’t reflect reality. Or something along those lines. That was nice of her too.)
Do you have a source for that? Because I've never heard of that before.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #626  
Old 04-15-2021, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have a serious question here about a thought I've had.



Do you think it's possible that Meghan would still have wanted to tell "her side of things" had they been allowed to have the "half in and half out" way of doing things that was their original intention? Or did both Harry and Meghan feel they needed to "clear the air" because they didn't get things to go as they wanted them to go?



Seriously here. We tend to forget their original intention was to remain as senior working royals for the "Firm" representing the Queen while still pursuing the lifestyle they now have in California. The biggest thunderbolt was not being allowed to be "half in" with the perks that being working royal afforded them.


I have a strong feeling if they’d gotten what they wanted with their ill conceived half in half out plan, this interview would never have happened. Their passive aggressive statements last year made their anger crystal clear IMO. And evidently nothing changed in a year.

I think they were/are angry, bitter and lashing out. So they threw everything and the kitchen sink into the interview.
  #627  
Old 04-15-2021, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Do you have a source for that? Because I've never heard of that before.
I am sure it is in the interview Oprah says something about the photographs of Meghan and kate together and Meghan responds with something like things aren't always what they seem.
Watch the interview again
  #628  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:02 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,892
I have watched the interview and I don't recall any such comment about her and Kate specifically.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #629  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:03 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What baffles me most now is that if things were so bad and dire and horrible and Meghan was having so many problems including thoughts of suicide, why would she even begin to think of assenting to be half in working for the big, bad institution and living part time in the UK where the problems stemmed from in the first place. This is what doesn't make sense to me at all. Unless.... the half in was intended to "foot the bill" for their lifestyle they wanted?



Things just don't really add up to the way I believe Harry and Meghan want them to.


Like much of their interview- not much of what they said makes sense when you sit down and actually think about it IMO. There are contradictions left, right and sideways.

True. If Meghan really hated everything so much- why the half in/out plan.
  #630  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:14 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I have watched the interview and I don't recall any such comment about her and Kate specifically.


There was something in that interview where pictures of Meghan and Catherine together were shown and Meghan said something like appearances were deceiving. I can’t remember exactly, but she was clearly saying: we’re not close.
  #631  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think the interview was a horrible idea. Both Harry and Meghan came off very badly imo.

But in Meghan's defense, her sister-in-law Kate was "dragged into it" because up until the Oprah interview, the story was that Meghan had reduced Kate to tears. This was a false narrative that was allowed to fester and grow for two years. Kensington Palace didn't correct it. Buckingham Palace didn't either. So the press has had a field day with " The bad duchess made the good duchess cry. See how nasty she is"?

So no. I don't fault Meghan one bit for speaking out and setting the record straight...

In fact, I would have informed the Palace hacks as soon as the false story got out that if THEY didn't issue a rebuttal, I would.
I think it is unfair to call palace workers "hacks." Apparently they are very hard working, not paid that much, and put up with a lot from Meghan. Also, as I asked when she complained that no one helped her get mental health care, where was her husband? Harry insisted on issuing a statement condemning the Meghan's treatment before they were engaged. They also had a chance to do so with Finding Freedom, but didn't.
  #632  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:31 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,492
Heavs and Erin9, even though Kate graciously apologized, the story that Meghan made her cry is still generally accepted as part of the Meghan Canon. I suppose that is the reason it was brought up in the Oprah interview.

As much as I question Meghan's motives and her tendency to be economical with the truth in that interview, I genuinely do not believe she brought up the DoC's name for reason of spite. The fact that the false narrative that Meghan was the heavy in this story was allowed to spread and take on a life of its own with no rebuttal from Buckingham Palace or Kate's office even. It's all well and good to apologize, but why passively sit around and allow a lie to become pretty much gospel in the press and more fodder for the legions of Sussex detractors?

Meghan is obviously still resentful and I don't blame her one bit for that.

Now....IF the rumor that Meghan slammed the door in Kate's face is true, that is indeed a game changer and might go a ways toward explaining why KP did not originally shut down the story "made her cry" story.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #633  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:34 PM
BritishRoyalist's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 905
It seems CBS has scrubbed this interview from their site. Can't find where to watch it again n full anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Heavs and Erin9, even though Kate graciously apologized, the story that Meghan made her cry is still generally accepted as part of the Meghan Canon. I suppose that is the reason it was brought up in the Oprah interview.

As much as I question Meghan's motives and her tendency to be economical with the truth in that interview, I genuinely do not believe she brought up the DoC's name for reason of spite. The fact that the false narrative that Meghan was the heavy in this story was allowed to spread and take on a life if its own with no rebuttal from Buckingham Palace or Kate's office even. It's all well and good to apologize, but why passively sit around and allow a lie to become pretty much gospel?

Meghan is obviously still resentful and I don't blame her one bit for that.

Now....IF the rumor that Meghan slammed the door in Kate's face is true, that is indeed a game changer and might go a ways toward explaining why KP did not originally shut down the story "made her cry" story.
If I remember correctly it was Oprah who brought that up. Meghan seems very quick to move on ltohguh not without adding to it.
  #634  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:37 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Heavs and Erin9, even though Kate graciously apologized, the story that Meghan made her cry is still generally accepted as part of the Meghan Canon. I suppose that is the reason it was brought up in the Oprah interview.

You seem convinced that Meghan's version is the truth of the matter. May I ask why, especially when you say she was economical with the truth? What makes you think it was the truth or even "her truth" in this case, as opposed to an intentional lie? Even her mouthpiece Scobie claimed that no one cried.
I'm really curious why you're so sure Meghan is totally in the right here.
  #635  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:41 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I have watched the interview and I don't recall any such comment about her and Kate specifically.

Here’s the written transcript:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2475583...ll-transcript/
  #636  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,780
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News April 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Heavs, even though Kate graciously apologized, the story that Meghan made her cry is still generally accepted as part of the Meghan Canon. I suppose that is the reason it was brought up in the Oprah interview.



As much as I question Meghan's motives and her tendency to be economical with the truth in that interview, I genuinely do not believe she brought up the DoC's name for reason of spite. The fact that the false narrative that Meghan was the heavy in this story was allowed to spread and take on a life if its own with no rebuttal from Buckingham Palace or Kate's office even. It's all well and good to apologize, but why passively sit around and allow a lie to become pretty much gospel?



Meghan is obviously still resentful and I don't blame her one bit for that.



Now....IF the rumor that Meghan slammed the door in Kate's face is true, that is indeed a game changer and might go a ways toward explaining why KP did not originally shut down the story "made her cry" story.


There have been stories floating around about various family members not getting along forever- and whose fault it is varies almost by the week. They don’t get corrected one way or the other with almost no exceptions. This was not a unique situation IMO.

As you said- the truth is we really don’t know what happened between Meghan and Catherine. What if Meghan did slam the door in Catherine’s face? Well- then that doesn’t make Meghan look terribly magnanimous contrary to her version that makes her look pretty perfect. What if they actually both cried- also a version I’ve heard? Who knows?

All I know is Meghan dragged a story up that I’d long forgotten and shrugged off because that’s how much credence I give tabloid stories until given a reason to take them with more than a grain of salt....and used it to make herself look good IMO.

And I think it is incredibly unkind to say to a world wide audience: my sister in law made me cry. I promise most people watching had no clue about the story or ignored it as I did. And most probably don’t know much about Catherine either.....oh except she made Meghan cry.
  #637  
Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye1850 View Post
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
There was something in that interview where pictures of Meghan and Catherine together were shown and Meghan said something like appearances were deceiving. I can’t remember exactly, but she was clearly saying: we’re not close.
The below quote is the only part in the transcript Kaye1850 linked to that somewhat resembles what you describe:

Quote:
Oprah: Was it what it looked like? You are two sisters-in-law out there in the world, getting to know each other. Was she helping you, embracing you into the family, helping you adjust?

Meghan: I think everyone welcomed me.

Oprah: Mm-hmm.

Meghan: And, yeah, when you say, ‘Was it what it looked like?’, my under-standing and my experience of the past four years is it’s nothing like what it looks like. It’s nothing like what it looks like.
If that's the part you're referencing, "Meghan making a point of telling Oprah that the pictures of her and Kate together seemingly friendly didn't reflect reality" is an incredibly misleading summary of the actual conversation. She clearly wasn't referencing her and Kate's relationship. She was referencing the experience of marrying into the royal family when she said that "it's nothing like what it looks like".
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

  #638  
Old 04-15-2021, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I have a strong feeling if they’d gotten what they wanted with their ill conceived half in half out plan, this interview would never have happened. Their passive aggressive statements last year made their anger crystal clear IMO. And evidently nothing changed in a year.

I think they were/are angry, bitter and lashing out. So they threw everything and the kitchen sink into the interview.
I'm afraid I have to agree. I think that H and M were so frustrated with envy that they decided that they were going to lash out so that the institution WOULD be damaged (at least in the eyes of America). Let's face it - accusations, even if false, always cling to the person or people who is/are the target.
  #639  
Old 04-15-2021, 08:05 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I'm afraid I have to agree. I think that H and M were so frustrated with envy that they decided that they were going to lash out so that the institution WOULD be damaged (at least in the eyes of America). Let's face it - accusations, even if false, always cling to the person or people who is/are the target.
Yes, and that includes the Sussexes, especially Meghan, who was accused by the media of saying and doing multiple things every week, most of which proved later to be false.
  #640  
Old 04-15-2021, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye1850 View Post
Thank you for posting the link.

Whilst the link claims to be the full transcript, it appears it is only a partial one. For instance, the comment regarding title and security is nowhere to be found. Does a true full transcript exist?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2203 04-06-2021 12:08 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american american history ancestry baby names britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles canada carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house cpr dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jewellery jewelry kensington palace list of rulers maxima monarchy mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria resusci anne royal court royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×