The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Here we are...apparently Scobie was on GMB. There's video within the link of his interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-Scobie.html

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/13/harry...eral-14401720/

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-row-GMB-video

This interview does quite clearly push the positive PR spin from Meghan and Harry, the "it's not a dig" about William's statement, the unity of the family in their grief, etc.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:55 AM
Gentry

I wonder how Harry feels and how he'll feel at the funeral as a royal. No some celeb-like in California. Will he realise that he chose to lose the one of the highest possible status? Life he maybe didn't want but now sees what it's like.
It's very wise Meghan isn't there. It would have been awkward and paparazzis would probably attack her. This funeral also shows she simply doesn't fit in with the royal family. She'll be back in the UK for sure but it's clear for me it'd be awkward, she'd need to stuck to one narrative. Harry got quite a warm welcome. Meghan would be hated and a stranger.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

A post containing unsubstantiated claims has created confusion. Many of you have rightly asked for a source. The source that was suggested by helpful posters did not contain anything supporting the initial claim.

This original wild claim has been removed as it is not advisable for TRF to become a parallel universe where ill-intentioned hearsay is treated as fact. Several posts had to be edited or deleted due to the confusion that was created.

This thread is now reopened
Old 04-13-2021, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I just read her article and I agree with you Betsypaige. It was unnecessary and thank you for sharing your thoughts with the author.
You’re welcome ! Phil Dampier and Rebecca English did the same thing...it’s ridiculous.

Katie Nicholl, who I like, was on some radio program going on and in about how maybe this is a chance for William and Harry to start mending their rift. It bugged me how she ignored that she gave Harry’s relationship short shrift - there’s a rift there that needs mending, too. She’s right that people will be trying to read faces behind the masks, but even if they could, I think that’s a shame; I wish people could just focus on the grieving family.

When Charles and his sons (Charles likely in the middle) walk behind the coffin, that will be so emotional...
Old 04-13-2021, 12:33 PM
Nobility

I think he would stay by himself not at William and Kate's. The children are also there and Harry needs to quarantine.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
You’re welcome ! Phil Dampier and Rebecca English did the same thing...it’s ridiculous.

Katie Nicholl, who I like, was on some radio program going on and in about how maybe this is a chance for William and Harry to start mending their rift. It bugged me how she ignored that she gave Harry’s relationship short shrift - there’s a rift there that needs mending, too. She’s right that people will be trying to read faces behind the masks, but even if they could, I think that’s a shame; I wish people could just focus on the grieving family.

When Charles and his sons (Charles likely in the middle) walk behind the coffin, that will be so emotional...
I agree with you but I think Charles will walk with his siblings behind the coffin. The grandchildren will walk behind.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I think he would stay by himself not at William and Kate's. The children are also there and Harry needs to quarantine.
The Cambridges are reportedly in Norfolk for the Easter school break with the next term beginning on April 20th. So I doubt Prince Harry would have considered traveling to Norfolk and would have understandably stayed closer to London or Windsor. Reportedly he is lodging at Frogmore Cottage for now.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I agree with you but I think Charles will walk with his siblings behind the coffin. The grandchildren will walk behind.
I read that it’s Charles, William and Harry will walk together ...
Old 04-13-2021, 01:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I read that it’s Charles, William and Harry will walk together ...
I don't think anyone knows at this point; it is all speculation. And in any case, they would need to keep their distance from each other; while they don't need to keep their distance from their wives.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Here we are...apparently Scobie was on GMB. There's video within the link of his interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-Scobie.html

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/13/harry...eral-14401720/

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-row-GMB-video

This interview does quite clearly push the positive PR spin from Meghan and Harry, the "it's not a dig" about William's statement, the unity of the family in their grief, etc.
Thanks for posting.

Both speakers are under labouring under the misapprehension that this is solely a family matter. It isn't. The reputation of the British monarchy & the UK have been tarnished by h&m's interview. The damage is serious & probably long lasting. These are real world consequences & go far beyond a family tiff.

The uncomfortable reality for Harry Windsor is that Prince Philip's reputation was traduced for hours on social media after the interview until Winfrey made it public that he was not the individual concerned.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Almost every single front page in the UK today had analysis of "two very different statements" and I can't entirely blame them after the last few months. Although some seem to agree it's just different personalities.

Probably true. I don't imagine they were close or at least as close as today's spin is claiming. They so often go over board one way or the other in their PR. I can see why they'd want to counteract a lot of the negativity but "she was really close to him she 100% wants to be there it's just that she's pregnant and too famous" is making me roll my eyes a bit, even if I assume she might want to support Harry there.

And don't get me started on the "Meghan forgives them" quotes.

I acknowledge that this is undoubtedly a very difficult week for Harry for a number of reasons.
Where was the "Meghan forgives them "quotes?
Old 04-13-2021, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
It is not a confirmed direct quote from Meghan but apparently came from a friend of hers. Unfortunately, I tend to believe it because she obviously feels the royal family has wronged her.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...royal-23905248
Nobility

Quote:
I saw it in the Daily Mail, in the article about Meghan not wanting to draw attention to herself, according to her friends. I don't know if it's repeated in any reputable sources.
Majesty

Quote:
The quote can be found in the link in the post below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Oh, goodness. It really might be a good idea for Meghan to ask her friends to stop speaking to the press, especially right now. This article raises a whole myriad of questions that will now be dissected much in the same vein as the Oprah train wreck. It really was not a good idea to allow her friends to tell the press that Meghan left it up to Harry whether or not she would attend when a statement had already gone out that was perfectly reasonable and acceptable that it was on a doctor’s order. Combine that with some of the other things shared by this friend and I’d say that on the whole, the “friend” really did her no favors. Saying something to the effect of “Meghan advised that the family should come together” really doesn’t come across well. Granted, we can’t know for sure that this is all completely true but given past track records the chances are good that it’s somewhat accurate.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...yal-Family/amp
Old 04-13-2021, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

"Meghan deigns to forgive the RF"

I believe that this is 100% reversed and it should be the BRF that forgives H & M (if they can). Yes, Meghan deigns to forgive is laughable. She has nothing to forgive them for as they have not done anything wrong. Just my opinion.

And for the person that said that Charles is likely a pushover, agree with that too but William will be a lot more front and center here on in and he is not going to be a pushover.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Omar Scobie is out there saying Meghan wanted to go to the funeral [...]
Thank goodness her physicians advised her not to.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori138 View Post
"Meghan deigns to forgive the RF"

I believe that this is 100% reversed and it should be the BRF that forgives H & M (if they can). Yes, Meghan deigns to forgive is laughable. She has nothing to forgive them for as they have not done anything wrong. Just my opinion.
I agree but I think the "Meghan forgives the royal family" as a face saving way to move forward. The family has not capitulated and is not likely to do so. I don't think Harry wants a rift with his family and Meghan loves him. I believe they will take credit for the palace instituting diversity training. I think they are going to start making appearances, like the Trooping of the Color, with the Queen and arrange to spend a lot of time visiting her in the UK.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree but I think the "Meghan forgives the royal family" as a face saving way to move forward. The family has not capitulated and is not likely to do so. I don't think Harry wants a rift with his family and Meghan loves him. I believe they will take credit for the palace instituting diversity training. I think they are going to start making appearances, like the Trooping of the Color, with the Queen and arrange to spend a lot of time visiting her in the UK.
A genuine question.

Why do you think this? Is the enormity of the damage from their interview not understood in the US perhaps? After all the US media seem extraordinarily one sided in their opinion.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can we not call Charles a pushover? Harry is his SON, of course he’s not going to want to inflame the situation. He’s pretty clearly not happy with him over the interview, and if it’s true he didn’t take calls from Harry for a brief time, that’s an indication he’s not pushover.

Sibling relationships are often fraught, and sometimes they’re never good...Sometimes they’re merely ok, and sometimes they turn sour. It’s completely different with parents and children. Assuming we’re talking about a good parent, not one who pushes his or her children away due to abuse, etc..... - that parent will do almost anything to keep their connection. This has nothing to do with Charles and William’s personalities.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
That may be their intent as of this moment, but it doesn't really solve anything for them. I don't think anyone seriously believes they thought they were doing the world in general a favor by dishing about the royals on Oprah. They did it because their business model (such as it is) requires them to stay in the headlines. That hasn't changed, nor has the fact that it will be difficult for them to stay in the headlines long-term without continuing to dish about the royals in the media. But if they keep that up, they aren't going to be doing things like Trooping of the Colour and vacationing with the Queen, because there will still be a rift. If Harry wants the pseudo-part-time-royal thing to happen, he's going to need to make some lifestyle compromises, and he's going to need to persuade Meghan to go along with them.

Closed Thread