The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 04:54 AM
Nobility

So probably no uniform for Harry at the funeral....”Prince expected to wear a suit after being stripped of military roles following Megxit”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vice-suit.html

Old 04-12-2021, 05:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by solinka View Post
Something about ''emasculated'' Harry narrative bothers me.

Throghout his life and public work, Harry's granpa, Duke of Edinburgh, has been praised for walking two steps behind his wife , Queen Elizabeth. And supporting her and monarchy. I have never seen word emasculated next to Phillip's name.

Why do so many people have different standards for Harry , that supporting and caring about your wife and kids is not very masculine or regal?
That's his official supporting royal and by all accounts it did take some getting used to. Especially with things like "not being able to give his children his name " at first. He had to work to carve out a meaningful place as a Consort.

However it has always been said that he's very much patriarch of the family in private and it balances each other out.

The perception by some that Harry is "emasculated" comes from a very different angle. There's the idea that she's driving everything because they're living in California, signing Hollywood deals and speaking out on things that Harry never spoke about before, she was the one who was very much driving the Oprah interview etc. Literally everything changed drastically publicly when they married, although he has said he wasn't happy with his life before to be fair. Then you have articles with former staff complaining that it was Meghan arranging the media press releases for the Sussexes and falling out with his family over her, it's all presented from her POV both in public and rumours about how things went in private.

Whether or not that is at all true we have no idea. I hope it is a very equal relationship BTS it's extremely difficult to make any true judgements of what goes on behind closed doors.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
The perception by some that Harry is "emasculated" comes from a very different angle. There's the idea that she's driving everything because they're living in California, signing Hollywood deals and speaking out on things that Harry never spoke about before, she was the one who was very much driving the Oprah interview etc. Literally everything changed drastically publicly when they married, although he has said he wasn't happy with his life before to be fair. Then you have articles with former staff complaining that it was Meghan arranging the media press releases for the Sussexes and falling out with his family over her, it's all presented from her POV both in public and rumours about how things went in private.
Is there really such a perception? I don't think I've seen it this much, except when I happened across twitter and the likes where people need their witch and the bewitched victim.

I thought the general consensus out of those circles was that influenced by Meghan or not, Harry was a big boy making his own decisions, no matter how rash they might be. (Leaving without a plan, anyone?)
Old 04-12-2021, 06:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Is there really such a perception? I don't think I've seen it this much, except when I happened across twitter and the likes where people need their witch and the bewitched victim.

I thought the general consensus out of those circles was that influenced by Meghan or not, Harry was a big boy making his own decisions, no matter how rush they might be. (Leaving without a plan, anyone?)
My father blames Meghan. He said 'ah sure he may stay home now.' I laughed

But I think the isolation from the family has not helped and the general consensus among all of us that have had and know friends that have been quoted unquote 'body snatched.' But everyone is different. We don't know what has happened. Only what has been said directly.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
My father blames Meghan. He said 'ah sure he may stay home now.' I laughed

But I think the isolation from the family has not helped and the general consensus among all of us that have had and know friends that have been quoted unquote 'body snatched.' But everyone is different. We don't know what has happened. Only what has been said directly.
Unless you're on the young side of teen, your father is from a very different generation from mine. I admit I didn't take this generation into account. But I can see how they might think like this.

People do make jokes like this but I don't think many of them really believe their own words. I might well be wrong, though.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I thought the general consensus out of those circles was that influenced by Meghan or not, Harry was a big boy making his own decisions, no matter how rush they might be. (Leaving without a plan, anyone?)
I've seen it quite a bit, mostly because they're on Meghan's home turf, industry and the word salad that seems to come out of Harry's mouth whenever he speaks, not to mention seeming to follow her lead in cutting off from most of his family and old friends. The "cheeky, easy going Harry" narrative has been thoroughly smashed and people look for a reason why, but it was often a creation (albeit based in some form of truth) of Edward Lane Fox after his various scandals.

My personal view is a little different. I agree with what you said, I think Harry's perfectly capable of throwing his own toys out of his pram (bank of Dad comments etc) when he doesn't get what he wants and he and Meghan are partners in crime in this mess they created.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:58 AM

If I could give Harry and Meghan one piece of advice I would tell them to repair their relationships with their family members. It’s sad what has happened between William and Harry. Meghan has a deplorable relationship with her father and sister. I really think Meghan’s relationship with her family is toxic and her influence is making Harry’s family relationships worse. Harry’s and Meghan’s “statement” to remember his grandfather was so cold. Thanks for your service? How about We love you, Grandpa?
That’s what is missing. Love for their families.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

What statement? They haven't released a statement on Philip's death. They posted a few words to accompany the tribute on their website. That's not a statement.

And Meghan's relationship with her father's family may be toxic but then it certainly goes both ways. Actually, I'd say that an outright unwillingness to respect someone's boundaries is a textbook example of toxicity.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

According to journalist Chris Ship, Prince Harry is staying at Frogmore cottage where he's in quarantine to be able to attend his grandfather's funeral on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...828213764?s=19
Old 04-12-2021, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

William and Harry have both released solo statements about Philip today.

Here is Harry's https://archewell.com

It has also been confirmed that Harry is quarantining in his home at Frogmore Cottage.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Courtier

While I disagree with some of their decision/action, it is interesting to see people always blame EVERYTHING on her, yes, SOLELY on her. Just like he, a capable and mature adult, is a mindless puppet, utterly controlled by her.

Also annoyed me that some people only saw that, "thank you for your service" and make a big deal of it. It is just one of the sentence in the whole statement, one sentence to dedicate to Philip's naval career. (Guess what, I did saw some local media here criticizing Harry for being too cold by saying "thank you for your service", without quoting the whole statement. And everyone on the comment section calling Harry cold by that one sentence.) Both Anne and William's statement is missing that "We love you, Grandpa" too, does that mean their statement is "cold" too? No. You can still feel their close and strong relationship and bond with their grand/father. Same for Harry's statement (that "master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ‘til the end" did bring a smile to my face).

I recommend not to read the random article from media but read the whole statement by yourself.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Unless you're on the young side of teen, your father is from a very different generation from mine. I admit I didn't take this generation into account. But I can see how they might think like this.

People do make jokes like this but I don't think many of them really believe their own words. I might well be wrong, though.
My father is in his 70's.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

It has also been confirmed that Harry is quarantining in his home at Frogmore Cottage.
What a beautiful tribute! I love the sign off " Per Mare, Per Terram"- a beautiful ode to Prince Philip's love for the navy.

Well done Prince Harry!!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

If Harry is at Frogmore quarantined where are his cousin and family?
Old 04-12-2021, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
If Harry is at Frogmore quarantined where are his cousin and family?
There too presumably. You can do that but I don't know he would have been seen by the media going in. Its them saying that but I dont know.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

thank goodness he released something a bit more heartfelt than that icy statement on their site the day the death was announced. some on twitter pointed out that meghan sent a longer, more heartfelt message when ruth bader ginsburg died than they did now when philip died.

for ruth:

“With an incomparable and indelible legacy, Ruth Bader Ginsburg will forever be known as a woman of brilliance, a Justice of courage, and a human of deep conviction. She has been a true inspiration to me since I was a girl. Honour her, remember her, act for her,” she said.

for philip:

"Thank you for your service… you will be greatly missed"
Old 04-12-2021, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Again, what was posted as part of their tribute on the Archewell website was not a statement. I'm not sure why people are so adamant to pretend it is.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
There too presumably. You can do that but I don't know he would have been seen by the media going in. Its them saying that but I dont know.
Harry's spokesperson confirmed he is at Frogmore Cottage. Not idea if the Brookbanks are also there.

I don't see what the issue with the website message was. It was literally a landing message in honor as they set their website dark. It was not a "statement" nor presented as such. What Harry did today was a statement.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
thank goodness he released something a bit more heartfelt than that icy statement on their site the day the death was announced. some on twitter pointed out that meghan sent a longer, more heartfelt message when ruth bader ginsburg died than they did now when philip died.
It's a bit reactive though, isn't it? The first one was short and cold, then members of the BRF started (after sharing the official announcement from BP) with their warm words about Duke of Edinburgh, getting a lot of sympathy and support, so now comes Harry, of course.

The statement is... lovely, but very poorly written. It doesn't read very well, the wording is weird, not flowing at all. Which is interesting, as usually whatever the Sussexes' put out is maybe lacking in substance but never in the poetic, word-salad form.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

We’ve already had pages of discussion about the initial statement the Sussexes released on the day of Philip’s death, so let’s move on from rehashing it again.