The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem at a lot of organisations. If it's a big organisation with several layers of management and the involvement of a trade union, bullying complaints will probably be dealt with. If it's a small organisation and the alleged bully is the boss, not much is likely to happen. Seen that too many times :-( .

I don't think this is about culture or nationality. Upsetting someone to the point where they're in tears and shaking is not acceptable whether you're from Britain, America or anywhere else.

(I still use the term Mitteleuropa. I know no-one else does, but it makes me think of Einspanners, lovely cake, strudel and beautiful baroque buildings, and I like it!)

Last edited:
This is the problem at a lot of organisations. If it's a big organisation with several layers of management and the involvement of a trade union, bullying complaints will probably be dealt with. If it's a small organisation and the alleged bully is the boss, not much is likely to happen. Seen that too many times :-( .

I don't think this is about culture or nationality. Upsetting someone to the point where they're in tears and shaking is not acceptable whether you're from Britain, America or anywhere else.

(I still use the term Mitteleuropa. I know no-one else does, but it makes me think of Einspanners, lovely cake, strudel and beautiful baroque buildings, and I like it!)
Lots of bosses are bullies and in spite of "anti bullying policies".... but when a couple claim to be forward thinking, kindly, radical minded people.. you kind of hope they wont be difficult bosses or bullies..

I'm not sure that the investigation into the bullying allegations is an investigation of Meghan and Harry. It is more likely an investigation into how these complaints were handled by senior staff.

Yes, as someone who has conducted internal investigations, I think the process is causing confusion.

If the employer had rules and/or legal obligations to investigate certain behavior, regardless of whether the wrong behavior actually occurred, there would still be a serious violation for breaking these rules.

The primary investigation is often whether the rules and policies were followed. There may eventually be an internal finding of fact as to whether the offensive behavior did occur, or not. It depends on many factors and legal requirements. Many investigations do not involve the accused wrongdoer in the investigation.

It was said that the ‘grey men’ were well aware of the bullying that so traumatized some of the staffers, and that no action was taken to report it further, to the HR Dignity of Work department.

If the Sussex behavior so ‘destroyed’ some of their aides, then Senior Staff should have reported it. Why didn’t they? Maybe these older, more worldly employees were less likely to identify the ordinary conflicts of a busy office as anything other than the usual back and forth of daily work life. These aides were described as ‘traumatized’ and ‘broken’.

Maybe it didn’t look that way to those who should have taken it to a higher level.
I’m inclined to think this situation has been dramatized and exaggerated by some who waited years to bring it up.

Most of us have worked in situations where the “boss” upset us; but we let it go and kept on working.
My understanding is that it was a Kensington Palace senior staffer, Jason Knauf, who reported his concerns to another Kensington Palace senior staffer Simon Case. It ultimately did get routed to a high ranking HR/Dignity at Work staffer based at Clarence House.

Last edited:
Most of us have worked in situations where the “boss” upset us; but we let it go and kept on working.

Sadly, it's not always as simple as 'upset us'. I was bullied to the extent I had to take 6 weeks off work on stress leave, then, when nothing really changed (despite investigations and assurances that it would) I had to leave the job.

I obviously have no idea what the truth of this H&M situation is, but I know for a fact that workplace bullying can cause PTSD-like symptoms. I'm still dealing with the after-effects of what I went through, SEVEN years on. It's not always as simple as getting up and walking it off.

I'm not sure that the investigation into the bullying allegations is an investigation of Meghan and Harry. It is more likely an investigation into how these complaints were handled by senior staff. It's not like Meghan and Harry would have been fired - he is the grandson of the Queen. However, the palace may have guidelines on how to handle complaints about the family members and the issue is whether they were followed.

If it were true, and we don't know that it is, I imagine that if complaints about Harry and Meghan persisted and senior staff couldn't deal with it, the complaints would have been brought to Prince Charles's attention. If he decided not to intervene or the intervention was unsuccessful, there is not a lot that could have been done. I suspect they would be very careful about who would be assigned to work with Meghan and Harry (some people can withstand negative treatment) Some of this is the perils of working for a family owned company or working for a bad boss who owns the company. People have to make choices about their careers.

I don't think they necessarily have guidelines on family members. Knauf wrote in his e-mail that they have anti-bullying guidelines but how to deal with them when it is a member of the royal family who is the bully? So apparently there are no guidelines on that, and he believed that nothing would be done.

I'm sure that was often the case in the past with royal families, but I don't think that's always acceptable today. After all, Maria Theresa was relieved of most of her duties, told that it was not her place to supervise staff and now essentially lives in exile after an independent investigation proved that employees had been bullied.

I'm not saying that this would happen in Britain and obviously Meghan & Harry have already left, but I do think that if there is significant public pressure, bullying claims would probably need to be investigated and consequences drawn in the British or any of the European Royal Families.

They are no longer untouchable in this sense either. As long as bullying allegations are not public knowledge, the BRF or another RF might get away with not doing much about it, but once they are it's a different story. And now that these allegations are public, the BRF is forced to investigate them, but will also need to be much more careful not to be accused of bullying in the future. Firmer guidelines will need to be established and adhered to. They really can't afford to do anything else.

I agree but one also can't deny that some people will look down at people in higher position than them because they feel they are superior. Like women in a all male space.... or POC positions of power. We have seen incidents all last year where people accused people of things and weaponized parts of themselves only to be discovered it was false.
We also can't deny that personality is a factor and that some people look down on them because of origin (lower class than they see themselves), being deeming unsuitable as the wife of a member of the Royal family by reason of education, character, career, culture or nationality.
In other news... The Mail on Sunday has been ordered to post a statement/apology on their front page in the same front size as their articles about the letter. It has to run for a week.

It's a damnable shame that such a ruling isn't the baseline norm . . . . . there are just so many deserving cases out there.

The Britain’s Charity Commission is investigating Sussex Royal for the second time. It first look into the Sussex Royal (Charity Foundation) in July last year after Republic asked to examine the nearly £300,000. This time the Commission is investigating how the charity foundation was run.

Claire Newell, Katherine Rushton, Victoria Ward and Camilla Tominey have written in both The Telegraph (UK) and Sydney Morning Herald (Australia). This article in the SMH is part of the five articles one can read for free, whilst in The Telegraph is completely on paywall.

Exclusive: Charity Commission reviewing Harry and Meghan's Sussex Royal organisation
Telegraph understands watchdog is examining how charity, shut down last July following couple's move to US, was run
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1614980887

UK watchdog investigating Sussex Royal, Harry and Meghan’s charity
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...rry-and-meghan-s-charity-20210306-p578ch.html

There was another Telegraph article on the conflict between Palace staff and the Sussexes in 2018-2019, released about the same time as the above Charity Investigation story. It was very comprehensive with details on allegation behind palace gates from royal sources. Again, these rumours are nothing new, I have encountered them from tabloids, but choose not to believe them (even now, I'm still having scepticism). I managed to find an archived website that capture the whole telegraph article.
https://archive.ph/jeOHZ

'She wanted drama': The inside story of the rift between Harry and Meghan and The Firm
As the Sussexes give their tell-all Oprah Winfrey interview, royal insiders reveal the 'other side of the story'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/05/wanted-drama-inside-story-rift-harry-meghan-firm/

Meghan's co-star on Suits, whose name I cannot remember, has just Tweeted that the other members of The Royal Family are not "in the same league" as Meghan.

Indeed Her Majesty The Queen who has served selflessly for some seventy years without a thought to herself, not in the same league as Meghan.

His Royal Highness Prince Prince Philip, a veteran of the Second World War in service to the United Kingdom, himself an immigrant mocked and vilified in a country not his own where he was not wanted by the establishment but these same seventy years a silent and stalwart supporter to his wife the monarch, not in her league.

Prince Charles, among the leading quiet supporters of modernization and change in Great Britain and a champion of youth and the homeless, not in her league.

The Duchess of Cambridge, from a teenager the never-ending victim of press harassment and bullying along with her family, never the "right or privilege" of a word of complaint, an international icon of the United Kingdom who works behind the scenes on behalf of mothers and for the improvement of mental health, not to be thought of in the same league.

This has become embarrassing and I can only think maybe they don't actually mean to support her and are secretly stabbing her in the back because it cannot be a serious thought.

This is not to mention that when a victim has come forth to speak of the abuse they suffered (as is the case where these people have come to say they were bullied) responding to say "well this person did not bully me!" is a low form of victim shaming and these people need to be called out for it forthwith.

Meghan's co-star on Suits, whose name I cannot remember, has just Tweeted that the other members of The Royal Family are not "in the same league" as Meghan.

Indeed Her Majesty The Queen who has served selflessly for some seventy years without a thought to herself, not in the same league as Meghan.

His Royal Highness Prince Prince Philip, a veteran of the Second World War in service to the United Kingdom, himself an immigrant mocked and vilified in a country not his own where he was not wanted by the establishment but these same seventy years a silent and stalwart supporter to his wife the monarch, not in her league.

Prince Charles, among the leading quiet supporters of modernization and change in Great Britain and a champion of youth and the homeless, not in her league.

The Duchess of Cambridge, from a teenager the never-ending victim of press harassment and bullying along with her family, never the "right or privilege" of a word of complaint, an international icon of the United Kingdom who works behind the scenes on behalf of mothers and for the improvement of mental health, not to be thought of in the same league.

This has become embarrassing and I can only think maybe they don't actually mean to support her and are secretly stabbing her in the back because it cannot be a serious thought.

This is not to mention that when a victim has come forth to speak of the abuse they suffered (as is the case where these people have come to say they were bullied) responding to say "well this person did not bully me!" is a low form of victim shaming and these people need to be called out for it forthwith.
Here is a link to his rant on Twitter.

Is he 100% sure that Harry and Meghan's baby is 'the newest member' of the Royal Family - whom he/she might grow up not knowing very well given the actions of his/her parents (although they seem quite forgiving given how much they keep emphasizing them being beloved family members while everything they stand for is torn apart or dismissed by H&M) - and not Mike and Zara's?

Good to know for the BRF that they hosted someone less than 3 years ago for the wedding of their family member and his bride who thinks that everything they represent is:
IMO, this newest chapter and it’s timing is just another stunning example of the shamelessness of a institution that has outlived its relevance, is way overdrawn on credibility and apparently bankrupt of decency.
Makes you wonder whether 'his friend' agrees with his assessment.

When can we expect him to start campaigning for Canada to become a republic?

Last edited:

Very well said. There are some royal watchers hoping The Queen and Royal Family could put this conflict/drama surrounding the Sussexes behind and look forward to Platinum Jubilee next year.

Without going off-topic Omid Scobie (Representative or even "Mouthpiece" for the Sussexes) got himself trouble for the past few days, before he appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain with Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-

That rant sure was epic. And dramatic.

I think it’s amusing that Patrick is tweeting like he’s some kind of expert on the institution or members of the family in general. He has no direct knowledge of any of it...much less who is in Meghan’s league.

I get that Meghan is his friend, but take a deep breath before hitting post.

When can we expect him to start campaigning for Canada to become a republic?

He moved from Toronto to LA when he was 19 according to Wikipedia. After having lived in the US for 20 years, I doubt he even votes in Canadian elections, much less is interested in the future of the monarchy in Canada.

Very well said. There are some royal watchers hoping The Queen and Royal Family could put this conflict/drama surrounding the Sussexes behind and look forward to Platinum Jubilee next year.

Without going off-topic Omid Scobie (Representative or even "Mouthpiece" for the Sussexes) got himself trouble for the past few days, before he appeared on ITV's Good Morning Britain with Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard.

And yet on certain pro-Sussex forums they’re convinced that the British public will be at the gates of BP, pitchforks at the ready, to relive the French Revolution after the interview airs

That rant sure was epic. And dramatic.

I think it’s amusing that Patrick is tweeting like he’s some kind of expert on the institution or members of the family in general. He has no direct knowledge of any of it...much less who is in Meghan’s league.

I get that Meghan is his friend, but take a deep breath before hitting post.

Really dramatic. These are the sugar highs people regret in the morning with the hangover. Very very embarrassing.

Reading Tominey they can all be bullying but seems these two took the cake. I can believe well believe William is difficult...among others. I hope they stamp it

It is all very Macbeth. Even down to the fact that I see their relationship as being powerfully innately physical.

I mean this, the friends it is absolutely ridiculous and what have the palace said. We will opwn an enquiry into this as it makes us look bad as being dreadful.
employers.

I don't use the word vile lightly but all this is vile. I am so glad that the children both Cambridges and Archie are too young to understand this because the damage it would do. Damage that was inflicted on Harry by the vile behaviour of his parents.

Last edited:
Really dramatic. These are the sugar highs people regret in the morning with the hangover. Very very embarrassing.

Reading Tominey they can all be bullying but seems these two took the cake. I can believe well believe William is difficult...among others. I hope they stamp it

Patrick Adams is an actor- and he writes like one. It’s way over the top. Meghan’s friends are putting her on a very high pedestal IMO...that generally doesn’t end well.

Thing is: this bullying allegation doesn’t reflect well on ANYONE. So I find it interesting that there is a mindset from Meghan’s friends that this is somehow deeply unfair and mean to poor put upon Meghan. It’s a bad look period. For all involved. If the palace wanted to drag Meghan through the mud, a better way would be something that only reflects on her. This doesn’t.

Besides- Harry and Meghan have decided to-repeatedly at this point- complain publicly. Well- it’s not exactly a shock if the other side responds. Harry and Meghan seem to have a habit of making choices- but not accepting gracefully the consequences that go with them. And their friends are of similar mindset best I can tell.

There’s difficult, and there’s bullying. Very different.

Patrick Adams is an actor- and he writes like one. It’s way over the top. Meghan’s friends are putting her on a very high pedestal IMO...that generally doesn’t end well.

Thing is: this bullying allegation doesn’t reflect well on ANYONE. So I find it interesting that there is a mindset from Meghan’s friends that this is somehow deeply unfair and mean to poor put upon Meghan. It’s a bad look period. For all involved. If the palace wanted to drag Meghan through the mud, a better way would be something that only reflects on her. This doesn’t.

Besides- Harry and Meghan have decided to-repeatedly at this point- complain publicly. Well- it’s not exactly a shock if the other side responds. Harry and Meghan seem to have a habit of making choices- but not accepting gracefully the consequences that go with them. And their friends are of similar mindset best I can tell.

There’s difficult, and there’s bullying. Very different.

But that’s what their fans claim, even some on this forum, they want. Harry and Meghan to complain and accuse and everyone else to just sit there and take it.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-

But that’s what their fans claim, even some on this forum, they want. Harry and Meghan to complain and accuse and everyone else to just sit there and take it.

Agreed. Fans, friends, even some of the media. If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen IMO.

But- I also find it fascinating there’s a mindset- even in some parts of the media- that I’m supposed to just blindly take the Sussexes word for everything. I don’t. Why would I?

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the investigation into the bullying allegations is an investigation of Meghan and Harry. It is more likely an investigation into how these complaints were handled by senior staff. It's not like Meghan and Harry would have been fired - he is the grandson of the Queen. However, the palace may have guidelines on how to handle complaints about the family members and the issue is whether they were followed.

If it were true, and we don't know that it is, I imagine that if complaints about Harry and Meghan persisted and senior staff couldn't deal with it, the complaints would have been brought to Prince Charles's attention. If he decided not to intervene or the intervention was unsuccessful, there is not a lot that could have been done. I suspect they would be very careful about who would be assigned to work with Meghan and Harry (some people can withstand negative treatment) Some of this is the perils of working for a family owned company or working for a bad boss who owns the company. People have to make choices about their careers.

The palace not having clear guidelines on how to handle complaints about family members seems to have been part of the problem. In his email, Jason Knauf asked for clarification on whether or not complaints against members of The Royal Family were covered under the existing workplace harassment policy.

There are different sorts of workplace conflicts that happen all the time and that don’t approach the level of bullying or harassment. In those sorts of cases, of course it would be the staff member, not the royal, who would need to adjust or be transferred. But I disagree that the only solution to severe or ongoing issues with a family member is to hope that The Queen or Charles can do something. That should probably be the first step, but if they won’t get involved, or their involvement produces no change, there needs to be a Plan B.

The palace not having clear guidelines on how to handle complaints about family members seems to have been part of the problem. In his email, Jason Knauf asked for clarification on whether or not complaints against members of The Royal Family were covered under the existing workplace harassment policy.

There are different sorts of workplace conflicts that happen all the time and that don’t approach the level of bullying or harassment. In those sorts of cases, of course it would be the staff member, not the royal, who would need to adjust or be transferred. But I disagree that the only solution to severe or ongoing issues with a family member is to hope that The Queen or Charles can do something. That should probably be the first step, but if they won’t get involved, or their involvement produces no change, there needs to be a Plan B.
Having a Plan B may be ideal but I am not sure what that would look like. If the abuser is a member of the family, they can't fire them. If they are working royals with important duties, they can't withdraw their staff. I am sure what else can be done.

I think this illustrates the disagreement that so many of us are having on the board. if the royal family should defend Meghan and Harry against attacks made by the tabloids, shouldn't Meghan and Harry defend the royal family against attacks made by her friends.

I don't think Meghan and Harry be held responsible for what their supporters say but from what I can see, the attacks are not one way.

Much of the myth is tied in to Americans attitudes about work. It defines who they(we) are much more than in Europe.

An Italian friend described it this way... " Americans live to work. Italians work to live".

He said that taking a few hours off to lunch or nap during the day would not raise eyebrows in Southern Europe especially....but in the US it would be unheard of.

I much, MUCH prefer the European way.:cool:

I think if you compare like to like the countries are more similar than they are different. A British actor wouldn’t be unfamiliar with the working culture and hours of an American production. A British banker who’s been working in The City isn’t going to transfer to the Manhattan office expecting to leave work at four o’clock. A senior staff member working for the Prime Minister would recognize the pace and workload of his or her American counterpart at the White House.

I imagine the culture and lifestyle of the British Royal Family would seem strange to the majority of people in both America and the UK. That’s what the staff is for - they’re people who are familiar with that world and can guide a newcomer away from the potential pitfalls.

The Britain’s Charity Commission is investigating Sussex Royal for the second time. It first look into the Sussex Royal (Charity Foundation) in July last year after Republic asked to examine the nearly £300,000. This time the Commission is investigating how the charity foundation was run.

Claire Newell, Katherine Rushton, Victoria Ward and Camilla Tominey have written in both The Telegraph (UK) and Sydney Morning Herald (Australia). This article in the SMH is part of the five articles one can read for free, whilst in The Telegraph is completely on paywall.

Exclusive: Charity Commission reviewing Harry and Meghan's Sussex Royal organisation
Telegraph understands watchdog is examining how charity, shut down last July following couple's move to US, was run
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1614980887

UK watchdog investigating Sussex Royal, Harry and Meghan’s charity
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe...rry-and-meghan-s-charity-20210306-p578ch.html

Here's what on Telegraph, but hasn't been mentioned on Sydney Herald:
(...)

The Duchess is thought to confirm rumours of a rift with her sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge, by suggesting she was among those who failed to support her as a newcomer to the Royal fold.

"There is going to be a lot of discussion about how Meghan felt unsupported – including by Kate," a US TV insider revealed.

(...)

A source said it was "very frustrating" and looked from the outside like "rash" decision-making by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, adding: "They might have thought about that before setting it up, but using charitable money to set up a foundation is completely legitimate and it happens all the time. The issue was setting it up and closing it down months later."

In addition to the £145,000 grant to Sussex Royal, The Royal Foundation made grants totalling £151,856 "for the continued development of the Duke of Sussex's Sustainable Tourism programme, Travalyst".

It is understood that some money from the Royal Foundation was also earmarked for the community kitchen set up for victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.

(...)

I still can't understand the narrative of blaming Catherine for Meghan downfall. Meghan's fan always claim that she's a strong, high achiever, and independent woman, why she needs protection from a woman they called "lazy", stepford wife who's there only for breeding who never achieved anything other than becoming a wife of a prince?
And they're angry that "everyone" attacking Meghan when she's pregnant and having young child, but don't they realise that during the time Meghan "didn't feel supported", Catherine was pregnant with HG with two under 5 kids to care?

Wow what a **** show!

Friends and people who are on equal (or higher) footing or those who are needed, coming to her defense does not feel like defense, for the reasons many posters explained here.

Regarding work ethics of different cultures, my work involves working with people of many different countries and cultures, mainly North American and European, but not limited to them. I haven't seen that kind of difference in work ethic, yes in communication, but sticking to universal values of respect and being polite in general work with everyone. For such a woke couple, evoking (or shall I say creating?) terrible cultural stereotypes as her defense is if anything very contradictory. And one can be a WOC and a terrible bully, when have they become mutually exclusive?

So I find this "lazy" thing incredibly offensive. These people got their jobs merit and their hard work, while Meghan got the job because of whom she married. That is her only qualification. She wasn't like a new manager of CEO who are hired for their skills and experience. Even in those cases, they would be more effective to learn the people and office culture. Meghan's only qualification is that Harry fell in love with her. Her job experience is working as an actress, half of the year I believe, and having a blog and an Instagram account. She had no office experience, no management experience. Plus she got a title (of a foreign country) and a position through her marriage. Some humility would have gone a long way.

That is what I see as her problem. She feels entitled and does not understand she is what she is because of the BRF. I knew she was trouble the moment she appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair. Kate could have done hundreds of covers, but didn't.

She really feels her new friends are her real friends, that she deserves attention (she was top news in serious news outlets the midst of a pandemic and many other serious political things happening in the world and I resent that as a regular human), that we have to hear her opinions, her "suffering", her side of the story. I've never met a person with such an over inflated ego. What she said to Oprah, that she was not allowed to talk to her? Oprah only knew she existed because of the BRF.

Interesting that it seems like she identifies herself as Diana, being wronged by the BRF, the Firm, the grey suits (And the Times article, which has staff saying, she wanted to be rejected gives an even more disturbing angle to it). But she really is Fergie, through her position and how she has been handling things, including giving an interview to Oprah.

The sad thing is, in this world of tribalism, her shtick is working on the American public.

Last edited:
What a terrible, awful mess this whole situation is.

The one thing I just can't understand - what does Harry think this interview is going to achieve re: his relationship with his brother, father and grandmother? Does he somehow think it's going to improve the situation, and not cause potentially irreparable damage?

I don't doubt that he loves his family back in the UK, and that they love him, but I'll be amazed if he comes through this interview with all his relationship bridges still intact...

Last edited:
Why so much railing against Meghan though when there aren't any concrete and detailed specifics of the accusations, nor the full context of exactly what happened in these alleged situations behind palace walls? I suppose those who want to believe the worst of Meghan will do so regardless of anything that is said by anyone, positive or negative.

I prefer to think the best of the Meghan I have done my homework on closely researching, reading about and watching her every interview and video clip that were easily accessible on YouTube prior to the avalanche of hate which ratcheted up after M&H's engagement announcement and especially in the months after the royal wedding and the announcement of M&H's first pregnancy. And now after Meghan suffered a miscarriage last summer and is in the midst of her third pregnancy, the nastiness being thrown against her for falling in love with and marrying Prince Harry is astounding for its levels of cruelty and vindictiveness. I want to see solid evidence with full context, not spurious smears.

Honestly, Meghan's friends have a right to share their detailed, heartfelt and concrete experiences of knowing Meghan intimately over many years. I am particularly struck by Abigail Spencer's poignant and joyful portrayal of the Meghan she knows:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDrYQzn1QE/?igshid=lzmxmzc3khyw

Honestly, Meghan's friends have a right to share their detailed, heartfelt and concrete experiences of knowing Meghan intimately over many years. I am particularly struck by Abigail Spencer's poignant and joyful portrayal of the Meghan she knows:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDrYQzn1QE/?igshid=lzmxmzc3khyw

Thing is- none of Meghan’s friends know what she was like to work for. None of her co- workers do either. And from experience- the face people present outside their office can be very different from the one you get when you’re the employee in the room with them. They can talk about what a great friend she is, but that’s their only frame of reference.

I have no idea- and have no opinion whatsoever- whether there is any validity to these claims or not. I don’t know. But- her friends saying how nice she is doesn’t mean anything to me either. It proves nothing. I would expect nothing less. And they have no direct knowledge on the situation.

What a terrible, awful mess this whole situation is.

The one thing I just can't understand - what does Harry think this interview is going to achive re: his relationship with his brother, father and grandmother? Does he somehow think it's going to improve the situation, and not cause potentially irreparable damage?

I don't doubt that he loves his family back in the UK, and that they love him, but I'll be amazed if he comes through this interview with all his relationship bridges still intact...

Yes. This is just sad. It seems likely this will cause more damage to family relationships. Is it really worth it? I guess they think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
But if she is going to give an interview stating all were mean to her and unsupportive doesn’t the others have the right to defend themselves? I mean she is kind of opening this box and firing the first shot. They could have waited till After her pregnancy

Agreed. She and Harry chose to do this interview. They chose to do it while she’s pregnant. So....what is the expectation- Harry and Meghan can say what they want, and no one can respond because Meghan is pregnant?
It doesn’t work like that.

They opened the door. They can deal with the consequences. That seems to be a difficult concept for them and their biggest supporters to grasp. If you want to throw a public temper tantrum- again- expect fallout.

Here's what on Telegraph, but hasn't been mentioned on Sydney Herald:

I still can't understand the narrative of blaming Catherine for Meghan downfall. Meghan's fan always claim that she's a strong, high achiever, and independent woman, why she needs protection from a woman they called "lazy", stepford wife who's there only for breeding who never achieved anything other than becoming a wife of a prince?
And they're angry that "everyone" attacking Meghan when she's pregnant and having young child, but don't they realise that during the time Meghan "didn't feel supported", Catherine was pregnant with HG with two under 5 kids to care?

I agree with you and I would even include of some modern feminists to the mix who slags off Catherine for not having a career before her marriage and being "submissive" to the archaic sexist monarchy by simply following protocol. At the same time, they complained Meghan is being unsupported by the royal family despite claiming that she is a strong independent women, who is theoretically supposed to have a very thick skin. Another hypocrisy amongst these 3rd or 4th wave feminists is that they claim to support all women as sisterhood. This is unless you do or believe something different from the progressive agenda. They made negative comments (i.e. lazy, work-shy) towards Catherine and now Palace staffs who are women not "men in grey suit" and have credentials.

Here is a tweet from Tim Shipman, who is a political editor of the Sunday Times and hardly tweets about the Royal Family. He mentioned that the drama surrounding the Meghan's bullying allegation is not so simple as black and white or good v.s. bad. I couldn't agree with him more and almost reinforce that this bullying allegation makes both Harry & Meghan and Royal Family (including Palace staff) look bad.
Tim Shipman @ShippersUnbound
A reminder: It is possible to think BOTH that royals/courtiers are dinosaurs ill equipped to deal with the mental wellbeing of staff/members AND that some who marry into it ought to have more respect for the institution and the staff and that not everything is all about them
1:30 AM · Mar 6, 2021·Twitter Web App​

Last edited:
Thing is- none of Meghan’s friends know what she was like to work for. None of her co- workers do either. And from experience- the face people present outside their office can be very different from the one you get when you’re the employee in the room with them. They can talk about what a great friend she is, but that’s their only frame of reference.

I have no idea- and have no opinion whatsoever- whether there is any validity to these claims or not. I don’t know. But- her friends saying how nice she is doesn’t mean anything to me either. It proves nothing. I would expect nothing less. And they have no direct knowledge on the situation.

Her co-workers would very much know what she is like to work around.

Being a full time working actress, working long hours on set as well as her blog and charity work would have been far more stressful then being a royal. She had people working doing her make up hair and other jobs for her when she was on set. They would certainly know better then most how she would handle a high stress situation at work.

But of all course all former employers are never disgruntled. Never think their poop smelled like heaven and they didn't get enough credit for their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom