The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Exactly my point, they could have just bought some pretty holiday themed cards from a local artist, or a British one

evolvingdoors-Or another suggestion might be to have someone affiliated with one of their UK charities/patronages create a unique image ie watercolor, photograph, ink print etc...as their official public card. I believe there are about UK based 25 patronages/charities combined. The card could later be reproduced and sold the following year as a fundraiser. The couple could consider initiating a contest for their charities to compete for the honor.

As for a family photo card, that could be distributed to trusted family and friends who wouldn't dream of sharing it publicly.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:57 AM
Commoner

Surely, two grown adults should be free to share…however, whereever, whenever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
And even today there were complaints from detractors that the card did not show Archie's features because his parents want to hide him, either because he isn't with them or there is something physically wrong with him.

If there were never any photos of their son on any cards those furphies would continue and probably grow louder. And, after all, the Sussexes are a family. Harry and Meghan never said they weren't ever going to show Archie anywhere at any time. They love him, they are proud of him and if they want to show him on their Xmas card once a year surely they should be allowed to without others criticising their choice.
Wow, no wonder my mom thinks "the end is nigh!"

I mean, darned if they do; darned if they don't. How some are still surprised by H&M's choice is far beyond me

For sure, it's their prerogative how, where, when, and if they (two grown free adults) choose to share their adorable son Archie, with the world…

Old 12-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

I am no fan of Harry and Meghan, but come on - making a stink about their Christmas card? It’s fine if you don’t like it - I’m not a huge fan of Charles and Camilla’s card - but H and M were under no obligation to buy British or to buy any other kind of card. I have no doubt Archie is adorable, but I personally don’t have this NEED to see him, at any time, so I don’t have any issue with this card...and anyway, my gut tells me this was not an attempt to hide him. I think H and M just liked the card.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The holidays are also about family. What I saw was a family together with their dogs wishing those who received the cards a a happy holiday. Nothing more, nothing less and for me, there's no reading "between the lines".

These kind of holiday cards have been around for as long as I can remember (that is if my memory actually cooperates with me).
Actually it looks like a painting that they went to the trouble to have someone paint for them. If you enlarge you can see what I mean. Quite different and took a lot of thought JMO
Old 12-24-2020, 07:23 PM
Majesty

I think they devised a beautiful way to satisfy most followers. They have shared a lovely painted picture yet Archie would still not be easily recognised.
Old 12-26-2020, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Lots of good info here...2021 looks like it will be better for the BRF, personally-wise

Quote:
HARRY and Meghan are brokering an extension to the 12-month Megxit deal – and the prince plans to return here in the New Year to seal it.

They want a more permanent agreement to continue as non-working royals in California despite big-money deals with Netflix and Spotify.

They will make friendly video calls to senior royals next month before Harry heads here for face-to-face talks, possibly accompanied by Meghan. Their deal with Buckingham Palace expires on March 31.

A thawing of hostilities is under way. We told last week how Meg and Harry posted Christmas presents to William, Kate and their children.

And royal biographer Andrew Morton said the couple want to return – Covid restrictions willing – for the Queen’s 95th birthday on April 21, the Duke of Edinburgh’s 100th in June and the unveiling of a statue of Princess Diana on July 1 — what would have been her 60th birthday.

He said: “Although they will do some of it by Zoom, Harry wants to meet face to face to tie it all up.

“Things seem to have calmed down. Harry has been in contact with the Queen more often than you would think. But certain things you need to be there in person to sort. They will need a few weeks. That could be done after April, depending on Covid.”

The pair have moved on after what Andrew Morton called “a pretty dismal time” in their first few months in Canada and then the US.

He added: “You could see the trauma etched on their faces. They were barely on speaking terms with William and Charles.

“If Harry had a real regret, it was how he handled the announcement of stepping back. He pushed the Queen and his father into a corner and it made the whole thing far more dramatic.

“There was a period when Harry was uncertain, but not any more. He is loving life in the sunshine, the pace of life and lack of formality. This is what he has dreamed of for a long time.

“The rift between the two brothers is healing. It has been a good year and a bad year — court cases, paparazzi and, most difficult, Meghan having a miscarriage. But Covid has brought the family back together and forced Meghan and Harry to slow down and think. They have proved their point. Any conversation will be far more amicable.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/135791...box=1609018812
Old 12-27-2020, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Agreed. If this story is accurate then it does sound like 2021 will be better for the relationship between the BRF and the Sussexes.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...atronages.html

Sources are claiming the story is rubbish.
===================================================================
However, sources last night described the latest Megxit extension reports as ‘rubbish’.

One said: ‘This review period was inserted in case Harry and Meghan wished to return as working royal, but they have made it clear they want to live an independent life.’

Another said: ‘Harry and Meg are happier than they have ever been. Why would they want to return?’
Old 12-27-2020, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since the family has no control over the actions of the Sussexes (the article implies they do) I am suspicious of the accuracy of that article.

If the review part is true then I would say that would be in place in case the Sussexes decided they couldn't or didn”t want continue independently. I see nothing indicating they want to return.

LaRae
Old 12-27-2020, 05:54 AM
Majesty

I do think that Harry may wish to return briefly at a certain point next year, perhaps for his grandparents' birthdays and the unveiling of Diana's statue. However, I don't believe that any biographer or tabloid journalist has been told anything from sources close to the Sussexes about the supposed review next year. I read in March that the review was the Queen's idea anyway and wasn't asked for by Harry. As far as I can see he and Meghan are as happy as Larry, living a great informal family life in sunny California.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:16 AM
Courtier

I'm probably going to wait until 31st March or when BBC/Sky/ITV do pick any updates earlier. I would also welcome articles from The Telegraph, The Times, Evening Standard, The Independent, The Guardian and Evening Standards. It's just tabloids (The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Express and Daily Mirror) that I'm skeptical of and tend to take them a pinch of salt. At this point, most things reported are just speculation and prediction with little or nothing confirmed.

I really think The Sun and Daily Mail probably just keen to jump on the "transition period", "negotiation" and "extension" bandwagon just like how Brexit was mentioned. [This is especially when the Brexit negotiation was reached near this year's 31st December]. I would not be surprised if the terms "Hard Megxit", "Soft Megxit" or "No deal Megxit" (similar to "Hard Brexit", "Soft Brexit" or "No deal Brexit") will be used again at 31st March next year (or at the end of 12 month review). These "Brexit-related" terms have been thrown around since Harry and Meghan announced that they are leaving as senior working members of the Royal Family. Even more so, when a 12-month review was decided by The Queen (similar to the transition period).

I'm guessing the meeting between the senior working members of the Royal Family and Harry & Meghan will happen virtually, rather than face-to-face near 31st March. This is unless the pandemic eases down significantly.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think they devised a beautiful way to satisfy most followers. They have shared a lovely painted picture yet Archie would still not be easily recognised.
Would it really matter if he was at this stage? I just find their attitude so bizarre as regards their child.
Old 12-27-2020, 07:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...atronages.html

Sources are claiming the story is rubbish.
===================================================================
However, sources last night described the latest Megxit extension reports as ‘rubbish’.

One said: ‘This review period was inserted in case Harry and Meghan wished to return as working royal, but they have made it clear they want to live an independent life.’

Another said: ‘Harry and Meg are happier than they have ever been. Why would they want to return?’
Those sources sound like idiots - the original Sun article never mentioned the Sussexes returning permanently 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Old 12-27-2020, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Pretty sure this was the same reporter who claimed they were prepping Frogmore for Harry’s return only for it to have been a temporary stay for the Brooksbanks.

So yeah...
Old 12-27-2020, 10:17 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Pretty sure this was the same reporter who claimed they were prepping Frogmore for Harry’s return only for it to have been a temporary stay for the Brooksbanks.

So yeah...
I would imagine that stay is more than temporary but seeing as Eugenie does not appear to have started maternity yet, I would presume a more permanent move will wait until then.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Like everyone else on the planet, they probably just don't know what they're going to do next year. It's unfortunately very difficult for anyone to make plans at the moment.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:36 PM
Majesty

^^^^^ And that is an inconvenient truth. Nobody knows what the coming year will bring just as we didn't have a clue what this year would bring. All bets are off because the idea the BRF can plan the coming year is as empty as the Sussexes being able to. Covid-19 has and is impacting everyone's lives and we shall all see how they roll in 2021 and beyond. And the tabloids are reduced to navel gazing and those adept at the use of a crystal ball!
Old 12-27-2020, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Pretty much. They are just throwing things out and hoping anything sticks.
Old 12-27-2020, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
Would it really matter if he was at this stage? I just find their attitude so bizarre as regards their child.
As long as Archie is not easily identifiable, he can go out with a nanny, or a manny and not be mobbed in public. Seems reasonable to me...

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-27-2020, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Okay. Real talk. I am sure Archie is cute charming child but he is not more special or delicate than any other Royal or semi Royal toddler. His occasional appearance In public or for Pete’s sakes in a normal family photo even won’t cause mass hysteria or the market to crash or his psyche to be damaged. H&M need to get over it already.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex