The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Meghan's co-star on Suits, whose name I cannot remember, has just Tweeted that the other members of The Royal Family are not "in the same league" as Meghan.

Indeed Her Majesty The Queen who has served selflessly for some seventy years without a thought to herself, not in the same league as Meghan.

His Royal Highness Prince Prince Philip, a veteran of the Second World War in service to the United Kingdom, himself an immigrant mocked and vilified in a country not his own where he was not wanted by the establishment but these same seventy years a silent and stalwart supporter to his wife the monarch, not in her league.

Prince Charles, among the leading quiet supporters of modernization and change in Great Britain and a champion of youth and the homeless, not in her league.

The Duchess of Cambridge, from a teenager the never-ending victim of press harassment and bullying along with her family, never the "right or privilege" of a word of complaint, an international icon of the United Kingdom who works behind the scenes on behalf of mothers and for the improvement of mental health, not to be thought of in the same league.

This has become embarrassing and I can only think maybe they don't actually mean to support her and are secretly stabbing her in the back because it cannot be a serious thought.

This is not to mention that when a victim has come forth to speak of the abuse they suffered (as is the case where these people have come to say they were bullied) responding to say "well this person did not bully me!" is a low form of victim shaming and these people need to be called out for it forthwith.
I think this illustrates the disagreement that so many of us are having on the board. if the royal family should defend Meghan and Harry against attacks made by the tabloids, shouldn't Meghan and Harry defend the royal family against attacks made by her friends.

I don't think Meghan and Harry be held responsible for what their supporters say but from what I can see, the attacks are not one way.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Much of the myth is tied in to Americans attitudes about work. It defines who they(we) are much more than in Europe.

An Italian friend described it this way... " Americans live to work. Italians work to live".

He said that taking a few hours off to lunch or nap during the day would not raise eyebrows in Southern Europe especially....but in the US it would be unheard of.

I much, MUCH prefer the European way.
I think if you compare like to like the countries are more similar than they are different. A British actor wouldn’t be unfamiliar with the working culture and hours of an American production. A British banker who’s been working in The City isn’t going to transfer to the Manhattan office expecting to leave work at four o’clock. A senior staff member working for the Prime Minister would recognize the pace and workload of his or her American counterpart at the White House.

I imagine the culture and lifestyle of the British Royal Family would seem strange to the majority of people in both America and the UK. That’s what the staff is for - they’re people who are familiar with that world and can guide a newcomer away from the potential pitfalls.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
The Britain’s Charity Commission is investigating Sussex Royal for the second time. It first look into the Sussex Royal (Charity Foundation) in July last year after Republic asked to examine the nearly £300,000. This time the Commission is investigating how the charity foundation was run.

Claire Newell, Katherine Rushton, Victoria Ward and Camilla Tominey have written in both The Telegraph (UK) and Sydney Morning Herald (Australia). This article in the SMH is part of the five articles one can read for free, whilst in The Telegraph is completely on paywall.

Exclusive: Charity Commission reviewing Harry and Meghan's Sussex Royal organisation
Telegraph understands watchdog is examining how charity, shut down last July following couple's move to US, was run
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...box=1614980887

UK watchdog investigating Sussex Royal, Harry and Meghan’s charity
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...06-p578ch.html
Here's what on Telegraph, but hasn't been mentioned on Sydney Herald:
Quote:
(...)

The Duchess is thought to confirm rumours of a rift with her sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge, by suggesting she was among those who failed to support her as a newcomer to the Royal fold.

"There is going to be a lot of discussion about how Meghan felt unsupported – including by Kate," a US TV insider revealed.

(...)

A source said it was "very frustrating" and looked from the outside like "rash" decision-making by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, adding: "They might have thought about that before setting it up, but using charitable money to set up a foundation is completely legitimate and it happens all the time. The issue was setting it up and closing it down months later."

In addition to the £145,000 grant to Sussex Royal, The Royal Foundation made grants totalling £151,856 "for the continued development of the Duke of Sussex's Sustainable Tourism programme, Travalyst".

It is understood that some money from the Royal Foundation was also earmarked for the community kitchen set up for victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.

(...)
I still can't understand the narrative of blaming Catherine for Meghan downfall. Meghan's fan always claim that she's a strong, high achiever, and independent woman, why she needs protection from a woman they called "lazy", stepford wife who's there only for breeding who never achieved anything other than becoming a wife of a prince?
And they're angry that "everyone" attacking Meghan when she's pregnant and having young child, but don't they realise that during the time Meghan "didn't feel supported", Catherine was pregnant with HG with two under 5 kids to care?
Old 03-05-2021, 11:00 PM

Wow what a **** show!

Friends and people who are on equal (or higher) footing or those who are needed, coming to her defense does not feel like defense, for the reasons many posters explained here.

Regarding work ethics of different cultures, my work involves working with people of many different countries and cultures, mainly North American and European, but not limited to them. I haven't seen that kind of difference in work ethic, yes in communication, but sticking to universal values of respect and being polite in general work with everyone. For such a woke couple, evoking (or shall I say creating?) terrible cultural stereotypes as her defense is if anything very contradictory. And one can be a WOC and a terrible bully, when have they become mutually exclusive?

So I find this "lazy" thing incredibly offensive. These people got their jobs merit and their hard work, while Meghan got the job because of whom she married. That is her only qualification. She wasn't like a new manager of CEO who are hired for their skills and experience. Even in those cases, they would be more effective to learn the people and office culture. Meghan's only qualification is that Harry fell in love with her. Her job experience is working as an actress, half of the year I believe, and having a blog and an Instagram account. She had no office experience, no management experience. Plus she got a title (of a foreign country) and a position through her marriage. Some humility would have gone a long way.

That is what I see as her problem. She feels entitled and does not understand she is what she is because of the BRF. I knew she was trouble the moment she appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair. Kate could have done hundreds of covers, but didn't.

She really feels her new friends are her real friends, that she deserves attention (she was top news in serious news outlets the midst of a pandemic and many other serious political things happening in the world and I resent that as a regular human), that we have to hear her opinions, her "suffering", her side of the story. I've never met a person with such an over inflated ego. What she said to Oprah, that she was not allowed to talk to her? Oprah only knew she existed because of the BRF.

Interesting that it seems like she identifies herself as Diana, being wronged by the BRF, the Firm, the grey suits (And the Times article, which has staff saying, she wanted to be rejected gives an even more disturbing angle to it). But she really is Fergie, through her position and how she has been handling things, including giving an interview to Oprah.

The sad thing is, in this world of tribalism, her shtick is working on the American public.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:25 PM
Gentry

What a terrible, awful mess this whole situation is.

The one thing I just can't understand - what does Harry think this interview is going to achieve re: his relationship with his brother, father and grandmother? Does he somehow think it's going to improve the situation, and not cause potentially irreparable damage?

I don't doubt that he loves his family back in the UK, and that they love him, but I'll be amazed if he comes through this interview with all his relationship bridges still intact...
Old 03-05-2021, 11:42 PM
Royal Highness

Why so much railing against Meghan though when there aren't any concrete and detailed specifics of the accusations, nor the full context of exactly what happened in these alleged situations behind palace walls? I suppose those who want to believe the worst of Meghan will do so regardless of anything that is said by anyone, positive or negative.

I prefer to think the best of the Meghan I have done my homework on closely researching, reading about and watching her every interview and video clip that were easily accessible on YouTube prior to the avalanche of hate which ratcheted up after M&H's engagement announcement and especially in the months after the royal wedding and the announcement of M&H's first pregnancy. And now after Meghan suffered a miscarriage last summer and is in the midst of her third pregnancy, the nastiness being thrown against her for falling in love with and marrying Prince Harry is astounding for its levels of cruelty and vindictiveness. I want to see solid evidence with full context, not spurious smears.

Honestly, Meghan's friends have a right to share their detailed, heartfelt and concrete experiences of knowing Meghan intimately over many years. I am particularly struck by Abigail Spencer's poignant and joyful portrayal of the Meghan she knows:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDrYQzn...d=lzmxmzc3khyw
Old 03-06-2021, 12:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

Honestly, Meghan's friends have a right to share their detailed, heartfelt and concrete experiences of knowing Meghan intimately over many years. I am particularly struck by Abigail Spencer's poignant and joyful portrayal of the Meghan she knows:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMDrYQzn...d=lzmxmzc3khyw

Thing is- none of Meghan’s friends know what she was like to work for. None of her co- workers do either. And from experience- the face people present outside their office can be very different from the one you get when you’re the employee in the room with them. They can talk about what a great friend she is, but that’s their only frame of reference.

I have no idea- and have no opinion whatsoever- whether there is any validity to these claims or not. I don’t know. But- her friends saying how nice she is doesn’t mean anything to me either. It proves nothing. I would expect nothing less. And they have no direct knowledge on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sionevar View Post
What a terrible, awful mess this whole situation is.

The one thing I just can't understand - what does Harry think this interview is going to achive re: his relationship with his brother, father and grandmother? Does he somehow think it's going to improve the situation, and not cause potentially irreparable damage?

I don't doubt that he loves his family back in the UK, and that they love him, but I'll be amazed if he comes through this interview with all his relationship bridges still intact...

Yes. This is just sad. It seems likely this will cause more damage to family relationships. Is it really worth it? I guess they think so.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
But if she is going to give an interview stating all were mean to her and unsupportive doesn’t the others have the right to defend themselves? I mean she is kind of opening this box and firing the first shot. They could have waited till After her pregnancy

Agreed. She and Harry chose to do this interview. They chose to do it while she’s pregnant. So....what is the expectation- Harry and Meghan can say what they want, and no one can respond because Meghan is pregnant?
It doesn’t work like that.

They opened the door. They can deal with the consequences. That seems to be a difficult concept for them and their biggest supporters to grasp. If you want to throw a public temper tantrum- again- expect fallout.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
Here's what on Telegraph, but hasn't been mentioned on Sydney Herald:

I still can't understand the narrative of blaming Catherine for Meghan downfall. Meghan's fan always claim that she's a strong, high achiever, and independent woman, why she needs protection from a woman they called "lazy", stepford wife who's there only for breeding who never achieved anything other than becoming a wife of a prince?
And they're angry that "everyone" attacking Meghan when she's pregnant and having young child, but don't they realise that during the time Meghan "didn't feel supported", Catherine was pregnant with HG with two under 5 kids to care?
I agree with you and I would even include of some modern feminists to the mix who slags off Catherine for not having a career before her marriage and being "submissive" to the archaic sexist monarchy by simply following protocol. At the same time, they complained Meghan is being unsupported by the royal family despite claiming that she is a strong independent women, who is theoretically supposed to have a very thick skin. Another hypocrisy amongst these 3rd or 4th wave feminists is that they claim to support all women as sisterhood. This is unless you do or believe something different from the progressive agenda. They made negative comments (i.e. lazy, work-shy) towards Catherine and now Palace staffs who are women not "men in grey suit" and have credentials.

Here is a tweet from Tim Shipman, who is a political editor of the Sunday Times and hardly tweets about the Royal Family. He mentioned that the drama surrounding the Meghan's bullying allegation is not so simple as black and white or good v.s. bad. I couldn't agree with him more and almost reinforce that this bullying allegation makes both Harry & Meghan and Royal Family (including Palace staff) look bad.
Tim Shipman @ShippersUnbound
A reminder: It is possible to think BOTH that royals/courtiers are dinosaurs ill equipped to deal with the mental wellbeing of staff/members AND that some who marry into it ought to have more respect for the institution and the staff and that not everything is all about them
1:30 AM · Mar 6, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/...45048763744258
Old 03-06-2021, 01:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Thing is- none of Meghan’s friends know what she was like to work for. None of her co- workers do either. And from experience- the face people present outside their office can be very different from the one you get when you’re the employee in the room with them. They can talk about what a great friend she is, but that’s their only frame of reference.

I have no idea- and have no opinion whatsoever- whether there is any validity to these claims or not. I don’t know. But- her friends saying how nice she is doesn’t mean anything to me either. It proves nothing. I would expect nothing less. And they have no direct knowledge on the situation.
Her co-workers would very much know what she is like to work around.

Being a full time working actress, working long hours on set as well as her blog and charity work would have been far more stressful then being a royal. She had people working doing her make up hair and other jobs for her when she was on set. They would certainly know better then most how she would handle a high stress situation at work.

But of all course all former employers are never disgruntled. Never think their poop smelled like heaven and they didn't get enough credit for their work.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:54 AM
Serene Highness

Doria Ragland hasn't said a word in all of this yah-boo-sucks name-calling. What a classy, dignified woman she is.

What a shame that Meghan hasn't followed her example.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think this illustrates the disagreement that so many of us are having on the board. if the royal family should defend Meghan and Harry against attacks made by the tabloids, shouldn't Meghan and Harry defend the royal family against attacks made by her friends.

I don't think Meghan and Harry be held responsible for what their supporters say but from what I can see, the attacks are not one way.

THIS, Harry and Meghan also contacted a member of the Sussex Squad who wrote insults on the BRF, they had the chance and opportunity to tell her to stop the insults, but they didn't.

Meanwhile, the palace has wrote several statements defending Meghan in the past 2 years, which is more than the statements defending Kate in the past 15 years.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Being a full time working actress, working long hours on set as well as her blog and charity work would have been far more stressful then being a royal. She had people working doing her make up hair and other jobs for her when she was on set. They would certainly know better then most how she would handle a high stress situation at work.

But of all course all former employers are never disgruntled. Never think their poop smelled like heaven and they didn't get enough credit for their work.

To be fair, some guests on Ellen did say that she was a nice person, while her staffs had a completely different story. It's possible that Meghan was nice to her co-stars because she thought they were "equals", but was horrible to the people "beneath" her, just like Ellen.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I am sorry I am laughing at this. Since when is being an actress a tough job? Particularly one where it isnt a particularly well known show and you have exactly serious issues of fame to deal with. She was an average actress in a pretty below average show and it was not stressful in any way. She sounds, ala her own words in FF, a pretty nice life during those years. Plus she had a little vacuous blog too. I mean life was good. And no I dont feel it is cruel.to call that job fairly easy and her blog.vacupus because it was.

As for that claim that bringing an ice cream truck to Kensington Palace was the best day of work ever. Most employers do that stuff. Token gestures to make them.think they are addressing well being.

They fell out with Harry's friends
The staff cause them.of bullying
The family is obviously split.

I mean it tells.its own story.
Old 03-06-2021, 03:59 AM
Serene Highness

This is all so unpleasant and undignified.

OK, social media is a fairly new thing, and maybe Anne Boleyn's friends would have been sniping about Catherine of Aragon all over social media if it'd been around then, and Wallis Simpson's friends would have been saying all sorts if it'd been around then, but nothing like this has ever happened before. "Sussex Squad" fan clubs sniping at William and Kate, as if they were a rival football team. Meghan's ex-colleagues saying that the Queen isn't "in the same league" as Meghan. Meghan saying that Kate didn't look after her, as if she was the new kid at school and expected another kid to get her in with the in crowd.

It's just embarrassing. And it's very sad. As Sionevar said, it's just a mess. How do you put an end to this now?
Old 03-06-2021, 04:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
This is all so unpleasant and undignified.

OK, social media is a fairly new thing, and maybe Anne Boleyn's friends would have been sniping about Catherine of Aragon all over social media if it'd been around then, and Wallis Simpson's friends would have been saying all sorts if it'd been around then, but nothing like this has ever happened before. "Sussex Squad" fan clubs sniping at William and Kate, as if they were a rival football team. Meghan's ex-colleagues saying that the Queen isn't "in the same league" as Meghan. Meghan saying that Kate didn't look after her, as if she was the new kid at school and expected another kid to get her in with the in crowd.

It's just embarrassing. And it's very sad. As Sionevar said, it's just a mess. How do you put an end to this now?
You cut out the poison so you can create something new in its place and continue on.

And I mean that for both sides.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:12 AM
Majesty

I am appalled at the regurgitation of year old spite and malice coming from the palace supposedly pre-empting the Oprah interview.

I have now lost ALL respect for the Firm having announced their HR department will be investigating Meghan bullying staff on the strength of these anonymous victims pitiful tales leaked and printed in the media. Hell, The Times even published an accusation from one of these shrinking violets that Meghan was deliberately unkind as part of her master plan to have she and Harry appear forced to leave. Really?

Harry and Meghan have no control over out of context clips released as publicity by Harpo Productions and said nohing until the palace decided to leak like a sieve and then announce they will investigate mean Meghan.

The way I see it, the Oprah interview cannot possibly be worse than "Malice at the Palace".
Old 03-06-2021, 04:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
You cut out the poison so you can create something new in its place and continue on.

And I mean that for both sides.
When one gets rid of toxic garbage in their home, they put it by the curb to be picked up by garbage trucks. Once it's gone, it's gone. Have you ever in your life seen anyone chasing after a garbage truck wanting their garbage back?

Until the past is thoroughly filed away in an ancient history file and all parties move on (including the middle man players of social media and the press), the toxic garbage will continue to smell up the place more and more.

Issues surrounding the employer/employee situation at the palaces should remain an internal affair to be dealt with internally whatever they decide on. The court of public opinion has no bearing on the outcome of any of this mess.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am appalled at the regurgitation of year old spite and malice coming from the palace supposedly pre-empting the Oprah interview.

I have now lost ALL respect for the Firm having announced their HR department will be investigating Meghan bullying staff on the strength of these anonymous victims pitiful tales leaked and printed in the media. Hell, The Times even published an accusation from one of these shrinking violets that Meghan was deliberately unkind as part of her master plan to have she and Harry appear forced to leave. Really?

Harry and Meghan have no control over out of context clips released as publicity by Harpo Productions and said nohing until the palace decided to leak like a sieve and then announce they will investigate mean Meghan.

The way I see it, the Oprah interview cannot possibly be worse than "Malice at the Palace".
Why are you assuming that anyone who made a complaint about Meghan must be a “pitiful shrinking Violet” or a stooge? Many of the people who used to work for them came from and moved on to even more high powered, stressful jobs.

Is it not possible that Harry and Meghan could have every reason to want to leave the firm and find a new life AND also have been difficult people to work for that might have spilled over into actual bullying?

This doesn’t make The Firm look good if there is no mechanism to complain about members of the family’s conduct and accusations that they actually covered this up and moved people to different jobs (how very Roman Catholic Church of them). If Harry and Meghan have nothing to worry about they should welcome an inquiry into making The Firm a safer working environment. If they want to walk their talk of "are you okay?" and being supportive, they should welcome a clear "dignity at work" procedure for everyone, not just themselves.

The Times has actually been more positive about the Sussexes in general and a day before the bullying allegations had a very unflattering headline for HM. It has been explained that the timing of the complaints also had lot to do with the court case than Oprah. The Sussexes have been very busy.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When one gets rid of toxic garbage in their home, they put it by the curb to be picked up by garbage trucks. Once it's gone, it's gone. Have you ever in your life seen anyone chasing after a garbage truck wanting their garbage back?

Until the past is thoroughly filed away in an ancient history file and all parties move on (including the middle man players of social media and the press), the toxic garbage will continue to smell up the place more and more.

Issues surrounding the employer/employee situation at the palaces should remain an internal affair to be dealt with internally whatever they decide on. The court of public opinion has no bearing on the outcome of any of this mess.
Some people do. Some people always chase it. Particularly when it's all you have, and to be brutally frank it is all Meghan and Harry have. The royals have moved on. Life does move on but some people remain stuck and it is sad. I do think M and H got caught in a catch 22 self fulfilling prophecy that they thought in that very over dramatic way 'they will miss us, they will see, they will see' and well whatever they may have felt live continued for the royals. And that probably infuriated the Sussexes too but I think they put too much store in gaining self worth from external forces and had no boundaries.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex