The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

You're welcome Pranter. I agree that the Sussexes likely would have made an announcement if Doria had chosen to settle permanently at their home.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Unless Doria is staying with them. Seems like she was this summer. No idea if that is still the case though.
Not sure how you managed to reach that conclusion, was this reported by the Sussexes PR?
Doria still has her own career and life (granted under covid restriction) isn't she working at the elderly home?

Old 12-23-2020, 11:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Not sure how you managed to reach that conclusion, was this reported by the Sussexes PR?
Doria still has her own career and life (granted under covid restriction) isn't she working at the elderly home?
wasn't ther a picture of Archie with his grandmother? If so, presumably they are living togehter or she wouldn't be able to be with him...
Old 12-23-2020, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Denville the photo of Doria and Archie was taken during the late spring/early summer when the Sussexes were still living in Tyler Perry's Los Angeles home. I don't believe that she's moved to Montecito with them.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Not sure what her working has to do with her maybe staying with her daughter during these Covid times. Over the summer it did seem like she was spending a lot of time with Harry and Meghan as a few pap pictures did turn up with her at Tyler's home. I wouldn't be surprised if she continued when they relocated.

It would seem she has moved out of her old house. Paps used to watch her home quite a bit and apparently no one has been there for while. But she could have also just moved to a more secure location.

Also why would they announce Doria lives when them? It is literally none of our business.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Denville the photo of Doria and Archie was taken during the late spring/early summer when the Sussexes were still living in Tyler Perry's Los Angeles home. I don't believe that she's moved to Montecito with them.
but even then, i thought that she'd have had to be careful unless she was actually sharing the house with them...and given restrictions, if she had moved in then, perhaps she moved with them, so as to be able to see her grandchild...
Old 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I understood (and perhaps this is incorrect) Doria had retired from her job and was just teaching yoga on the side at a little studio.

LaRae
Old 12-23-2020, 03:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I understood (and perhaps this is incorrect) Doria had retired from her job and was just teaching yoga on the side at a little studio.

LaRae
I'd say she's probably living with them and helping with baby sitting.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:56 PM
Nobility

I think if they want to put out a Christmas pic of the family, it will be on their Facebook page. They are now PRIVATE, so they are not obligated to post photos at all. The best to them all, for the Holidays.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I disagree. At this point in time couple do not have an official social media account. If the Sussexes choose to officially share a Christmas card photo, it will likely be done through their own communications team. Often times I believe that royals release an official one publicly but also have a different set that are sent to close family and friends.

However if they decide to send out photo cards and someone on the list chooses to share it via social media or the tabloids, then I don't believe that the Sussexes will say anything about it. Charities seem to do this when they receive a card from the Prince of Wales, the Wessexes etc.. Then again that recipient might not be on the list in 2021.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

One of the charities that Meghan is a patron of, shared the Christmas Card. The original photo was taken by Doria earlier this month and the Christmas decorations were picked out by Archie.

https://twitter.com/themayhew/status...59375883952130

Quote:
Family spokesman: “The original photo of the family was taken at their home earlier this month by The Duchess’s mother. The small Christmas tree, including the homemade ornaments and other decorations, were selected by Archie, and the tree will be replanted after the holidays.”

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1341860752395816963
Old 12-23-2020, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Awww. This is very sweet looking. Also they donated to three charities.

Archie is so big now. All that hair and looks like he is kinda ginger. Or blondest brown. The dogs too. Very very cute.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Majesty

The first thing I noticed of course is how much Archie has grown. He's an adorable little boy now, not a cute baby! And the dog members of the family being there as well is great. A lovely little family enjoying the sunshine in the grounds of their home and looking very happy together. And Doria took the photo, so I would guess she has been staying there for some time.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is such a sweet image and you can tell what a tight and happy family unit they are! I also love that it was taken by Doria.

I do have to say that I wish they had released a picture version rather than this artistic style version. While you can certainly tell who’s who, none of the figures have distinct features and I wish we could see that (in fact, I actually thought that their lab was a trash bag at first). I’m not sure if the intent was to obscure Archie’s features to give him a bit of privacy/protection or if they just wanted to be creative with it, but I wish we got to see THEM rather than a blurred rendering.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
This is such a sweet image and you can tell what a tight and happy family unit they are! I also love that it was taken by Doria.

I do have to say that I wish they had released a picture version rather than this artistic style version. While you can certainly tell whoís who, none of the figures have distinct features and I wish we could see that (in fact, I actually thought that their lab was a trash bag at first). Iím not sure if the intent was to obscure Archieís features to give him a bit of privacy/protection or if they just wanted to be creative with it, but I wish we got to see THEM rather than a blurred rendering.

I agree 100%. Love the image and that it was snapped by Archie's grandmother. Still I really wish that we could view a clear image of Archie as it's been many months since we've had an updated photo. Toddlers change so quickly during this time and it would have been so fun to see how he's developed from infant to toddler/
Old 12-23-2020, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Looks like an Enid Blyton 1950's cover. I mean seriously like a 30's picture of Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret Rose. I happen to think we have no right to see Archie. He isn't his cousins and therefore it is possible for him to have a private life. In a way no member so close to the royal family have ever had.

Really don't like the card. Last year's was actually lovely...this is a book cover to a children's book. But it is so them.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A very creative and different Christmas card from usual! Lovely photo of the Sussexes.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-23-2020, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Its a charming old style card, sure I wish we had a real image but this is very neat, something more artistic.

LaRae
Old 12-23-2020, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently Archie is a redhead ! I am delighted !
Old 12-23-2020, 07:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree 100%. Love the image and that it was snapped by Archie's grandmother. Still I really wish that we could view a clear image of Archie as it's been many months since we've had an updated photo. Toddlers change so quickly during this time and it would have been so fun to see how he's developed from infant to toddler/
I really love the card, itís so artistic and unique, but I also would have liked to have seen the original...

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex