The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ummm but this was something that supposedly went on 2 or 3 years ago...why was it not investigated then? Ppl are now saying the person who filed the complaint did so without authorization of at least one “victim” who asked it be withdrawn....so none of this is clear, what a mess.

If Meghan was out of line then definately it should be addressed. Will be interesting to see if the investigation is leaked....and what the actual allegations consist of. I have seen nothing posted so far that seems to meet that claim.

LaRae
A source from the Sussex side said that: the person wanted it withdrawn.

However, he was within his rights to report something he was concerned about. It is our absolute right as an employee and every business protects this under it as a whistleblower.

He did not need anyone consent to make that allegation, complaint or whatever.

As for cultural clash. I would assume this was going on long after the initial: thisnis how we do things here, not like this etc.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:48 PM
Courtier

This is a general comment 're employer/ employee relations.
In any organisation if a member of staff, especially a senior member, has reason to believe or has been told that there are areas of concern especially involving younger or junior members then I would say it is there responsibility to ensure duty of care and to take some form of action to have the situation highlighted or investigated.It is then up to others to deal accordingly.
If an employee further down the line makes claims and it is established that senior staff were aware and did nothing, then that causes further issues.
Just a general comment in response to other views.

Old 03-03-2021, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I would be surprised if the Palace didn't open a full investigation, as that would look very bad on the Royal Household.

This has nothing to do with Meghan personally, but it is simply what any responsible employer should do. In Canada for example, the most recent Governor General had to resign due to allegations of bullying from her staff.
I know nothing about the standard procedures, but would a professional conflict of interest not be found in any investigation by the Royal Household, given that the Palace is under the command of the grandmother-in-law of the accused and that the Palace itself is being accused of previously suppressing the complaint?
Old 03-03-2021, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
This is a general comment 're employer/ employee relations.
In any organisation if a member of staff, especially a senior member, has reason to believe or has been told that there are areas of concern especially involving younger or junior members then I would say it is there responsibility to ensure duty of care and to take some form of action to have the situation highlighted or investigated.It is then up to others to deal accordingly.
If an employee further down the line makes claims and it is established that senior staff were aware and did nothing, then that causes further issues.
Just a general comment in response to other views.
Of course it is. It is also within the rights if an employee who is suspected of being a victim to also be interviewed and not say anything thereby meaning issue is dropped for the moment.

You cannot ask for it to be withdrawn once these things are in motion.

I dont know where that comes from but the papers are saying it is someone in the Sussex camp. Which tells me that no one is denying that this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I know nothing about the standard procedures, but would a professional conflict of interest not be found in any investigation by the Royal Household, given that the Palace is under the command of the grandmother-in-law of the accused and that the Palace itself is being accused of previously suppressing the complaint?
No. Unfortunately I know a thing or two about this. The investigators can be internal so long as they have nothing to do with what happened. Either as witnesses, or been talked too. They need to be external to what happened but can work in the same place
Old 03-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
No. Unfortunately I know a thing or two about this. The investigators can be internal so long as they have nothing to do with what happened. Either as witnesses, or been talked too. They need to be external to what happened but can work in the same place
What do you mean by 'can be'. I am sure it is allowed but I don't think it is good practice that the HR department looks into this issue - in general and especially when, as Tatiana Maria pointed out, the accused is a family member of the boss. That is bound to create conflicts of interest (although some might argue that now they are out that it isn't that much of an issue but given that the family has an active interest in not further detoriating their relationship especially those still within the royal household might be hesitant to share their experiences and true opinion).
Old 03-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Will M&H sue the Times?
Old 03-03-2021, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
What do you mean by 'can be'. I am sure it is allowed but I don't think it is good practice that the HR department looks into this issue - in general and especially when, as Tatiana Maria pointed out, the accused is a family member of the boss. That is bound to create conflicts of interest (although some might argue that now they are out that it isn't that much of an issue but given that the family has an active interest in not further detoriating their relationship especially those still within the royal household might be hesitant to share their experiences and true opinion).
While HR would oversee this a principal investigator will need to be brought in or appointed to investigate this. I
Old 03-03-2021, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
Will M&H sue the Times?
I don't know, as some posters and including myself have pointed out that The Times is not a tabloid, but a reputable newspaper with pay-wall subscriptions. A lot of politicians contributed to their publication (write for a column or appearing on Times Radio). Unlike The Telegraph, The Times have tried to be politically balanced by hiring people with left-wing and right-wing despite being a centre-right publication. A lot of politicians (i.e. Michael Gove) have worked there as journalists/contributor.

Suing for defamation and mis-information is very different from suing for invasion of privacy.

Valentine Low, the writer of The Times article has reached out to a twitter user who mentioned about the rumoured incident at Admiralty House, Sydney, Australia. This was when Meghan allegedly behave like a diva, use foul language, late night demands, threw hot tea at staff after not liking it and swearing at Lady Cosgrove (wife of the then Governor General of Australia).
Ly Salvadore @Del_Salvador_AU
Replying to @valentinelow
Ask the former staff member at the Governer General's house in Australia how she felt after Murkle threw a hot cup of tea at her in a fit of rage.
Oh yeah, you can't. Buckingham Palace paid her GBP250 to stay silent in the aftermath of this deranged attack.
12:28 PM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for Android

valentinelow @valentinelow
Replying to @Del_Salvador_AU
Please follow me so I can DM you
4:37 PM · Mar 3, 2021·TweetDeck

Ly Salvadore @Del_Salvador_AU
Replying to @valentinelow
I'm following you :)
5:05 PM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for Android
https://twitter.com/valentinelow/sta...86013487357953

Image of the brief conversation: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvkA4P_X...g&name=900x900

Images of the article (from Quora?) of the rumoured Admiralty House incident [Unsure about the reliability]: Picture 1 | Picture 2 | Picture 3 | Picture 4
Original source: https://twitter.com/Sukiweeks/status...45063981867008

There is also a Tatler article mentioning an allegation from a photographer of Meghan behaving like a prima donna. This "incident" happened in her Suits days, but the story was leaked in 2020. Meghan did not sue Tatler, but I guess it's before she married into the Royal Family.

Again, the rumours of Meghan being a prima donna or diva have been floating around for quite a while, including the photographer's incident. It's like a tidal wave, where these stories did go undercover before they go bang in the face, before heading back down again.

I hope the investigation is independent with no conflict of interest, given that some Palace staff have worked for the government (as private secretary or civil servant) and The Queen's granddaughter-in-law is involved in the allegation.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

I don't know the standard procedure either, but I suppose the investigation can be conducted by an independent third party/ review committee.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Courtier

I think they should get an outside firm or agency to do the investigation of that, like in Luxembourg. The Employee turnover at the Susssex's Household, was to many in a very short time, so there could be something true to the story. People who bully others think it is OK for them to do it and nobody would dare to question it, because of their status, until it sees the light of day. If guilty of it, admit it and show real remorse, not fake one. And being the victim wont wash anymore.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Interesting the Sussex's had send a legal letter of rebuttal to the Times.

Let’s just call this what it is — a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation.

"We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of The Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet.

"It’s no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining The Duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and The Duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years."

Okay - If you can read the Times article your will note that the Times is simply reporting that accusation of bulling was made, not that it was truth. They have evidence of the accusation as they have the email. So the question has to be asked - what is the Sussex' rebutting?
The Times is not a tabloid. At this point in time - I think the Times editor is wondering if the email didn't come from the Sussex Team and if they weren't used for some PR and free Oprah advertising.
If that is the case, has Jason Knauf denied he sent the email?
Old 03-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Hot! Buckingham Palace is set to properly investigate the allegations of bullying by Meghan.
I truly hope to eat my hat and that this was a total misunderstood situation, because no one deserves to be bullied by their superiors.

https://twitter.com/CamillaTominey/s...445982727?s=20
If BP finds that Meghan did not bully staff members, I feel that they will say so, but what if the evidence shows that she did? I wonder how they will handle that.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Afraid the tweet misleading - they are not investigating Meghan , they are having a Discord to find ways to prevent it happening again.
I was told that the palace drew a line under this years ago and it’s seems it wasn’t done correctly. So when the Times assked if it was investigate and correct procedures at HR. The palace were red faced. Yep , sorry to say if the complaint had been made against Joe Soap it might have been done correctly. But honestly we don’t even know if the Sussex’s were even made aware it. It appears the people were simply offered jobs elsewhere.

I also thought that it might be a miscommunication but I never brought the thing about the staff been angry about 3 am emails. In fact there was annoyance about the whole lazy British people can’t handle American energy and get up and go attitude. They really seem to have valid complaints, and there might have been many reasons why some wanted it pulled afterwards. One been they didn’t want to be se as rocking the boat. I have heard some of the complaints and am glad that’s it is finally been looked into.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

Valentine Low did an interview on ITV about the bullying allegation, more specifically why he believes Meghan 'bullying' allegations were brought to him.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
While HR would oversee this a principal investigator will need to be brought in or appointed to investigate this. I
I think in house investigations can be effective but this is so high profile and the person at the centre of it all is so polarizing that the public might not accept the results of even a well run investigation out of Buckingham Palace. No matter what they found they’d be accused by some of hushing things up to protect Meghan and of digging for dirt to smear Meghan by others.

Plus there’s the fact that these events allegedly happened a couple of years ago and rumours have been circulating for almost as long. To me that indicates that, whatever happened, there probably was a certain degree of senior palace aides trying to smooth things over in the hope that things would get better and nothing would ever need to be made public. They would have been under an enormous amount of pressure to keep Harry and Meghan happy and well functioning as working royals, especially since they knew there were plenty of people who would accuse them of being out of touch and racist at the first sign of trouble.

I don’t think any investigation needs to be punitive, or even to make any sort of judgment on Meghan’s behaviour, or that of the aides. The focus shouldn’t be on one person, but rather on coming up with ways to deal with these situations going forward.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Courtier

I think it's safe to say Harry and Meghan won't be at the queen's jubilee in July 2021 after this.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

The alleged incident was two to three years ago; it's being investigated now? Several days before the Oprah interview? It looks suspect and it guaranteed more people will watch. CBS and ITV are getting free advertising from this stunt. I wonder if someone got a heads up what's in the interview; therefore the allegations are being deployed now.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I think it's safe to say Harry and Meghan won't be at the queen's jubilee in July 2021 after this.
I think its looking increasingly unlikely that even Harry will ever be at any event ever again.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The alleged incident was two to three years ago; it's being investigated now? Several days before the Oprah interview? It looks suspect and it guaranteed more people will watch. CBS and ITV are getting free advertising from this stunt. I wonder if someone got a heads up what's in the interview; therefore the allegations are being deployed now.
It wasn't being investigated. The paper published it but to be fair there were embers of this for ages we just didn't really listen. High staff turned ( we just went it happens people move on) Kate having a word with her about the way she was treating Kate's staff (oh no she wouldn't do that), making Kate cry at Wedding fitting (well she was hormonal), the Tiara (I absolutely believe she wanted Eugenies now). And you know it has been obvious that friends didn't like her.

It is being investigated now because the palace have too.

I am perfectly willing to believe that Meghan just didn't fit in and that she was considered difficult in this milieu.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

They wouldn't be there this year, assuming it is not cancelled, due to her pregnancy/childbirth.

There is no reason to think such dramatic things like they will never return again ...The Firm is not the family. Unless you are trying to say The Queen is doing this on purpose. Surely not!

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex