The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #441  
Old 03-02-2021, 11:55 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
This was stupid of Knauf with this email, releasing it days before the Oprah interview. Announce to the world KP has the most to fear from this sit down. And the jewelry, it has been debunked. The earrings are not Meghan's; they are property of the Crown.

Wait until the interview airs before countering what is said and with solid arguments. You're proving the Sussexes ' point with this stuff.
__________________

  #442  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:03 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This was stupid of Knauf with this email, releasing it days before the Oprah interview. Announce to the world KP has the most to fear from this sit down. And the jewelry, it has been debunked. The earrings are not Meghan's; they are property of the Crown.

Wait until the interview airs before countering what is said and with solid arguments. You're proving the Sussexes ' point with this stuff.
Why would he have to wait? It’s not like he’s filing the complaint now. He’s telling what happened three years ago. I guess only Meghan has to right to tell her “truth”. They’ve been telling this story that Meghan was mistreated by so called grey-men for a while now.
__________________

  #443  
Old 03-03-2021, 12:36 AM
Claire's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,465
I think we are going to see a lot of this he said she said storyline in the press for at least a month. I expect some of the palace staff and the Sussex security teams - possibly even some of the team in Australia will do interviews. And I feel that if they are not bound by NDA, let them - they are the ones that might be accused of bullying and racism in the Oprah interview.
I have been told that M&H are under the impression that all of their staff and the rest of Kensington palace staff are under NDA - that is not true. Some were only placed on it after the Sussex's left. There is also people who witnessed several events were are not members of staff - the part time security that was hired in Australia for the tour.
  #444  
Old 03-03-2021, 01:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 212
According to this article, the issue surrounding the earrings is that in the beginning, Meghan said that it had been borrowed while now it's been revealed that it's actually a wedding gift (given, not borrowed).
Meghan’s earrings were gift from Saudi prince accused of murder
Quote:
The Duchess of Sussex wore earrings given to her by Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, to a state dinner while he was being condemned over the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

She told staff that the Chopard earrings she wore in Fiji had been borrowed, rather than stating that they had been a wedding gift from the prince, a source said.
Now, according to BRF Gift Policy (link)
Quote:
Gifts offered by private individuals living in the UK not personally known to the Member of The Royal Family should be refused where there are concerns about the propriety or motives of the donor or the gift itself.

Gifts in this category may be accepted in the following categories:
- Flowers, foodstuff and other consumable items (within reasonable quantities);
- Copies of books presented by the author, provided the subject matter is not controversial; and,
- Other items of small monetary value, i.e. items costing less than £150.

If gifts outside these categories are given, consideration should be given to returning them to the donor if it is believed that the donor or another body or organisation might be able to make better use of them than the Member of The Royal Family. If they are not returned to the donor, e.g. on grounds of cost, the gifts should be treated as official gifts (see Section 3.2).
And since of course those earrings worth more than £150 (and not returned), according to the policy, the ownership (should) goes to the Crown.
Quote:
Official gifts are not the private property of the Member of The Royal Family who receives them but are instead received in an official capacity in the course of official duties in support of, and on behalf of The Queen. As such, Members of The Royal Family are responsible for such gifts on behalf of The Queen (in right of the Crown).
Now, we don't know the truth behind this earrings, the fact is
- Fiji tour was not the only time Meghan wore it
- and if it's known as gift (not borrowed as claimed) then it should appears on the 2018 Official Gift Record since
Quote:
Official gifts should be acknowledged wherever possible, recorded and be traceable at all
times. The key information that should be kept about each gift is recorded on a 'Gift Received Form'. Such information should be recorded as soon as possible after receipt of the gift.
and with Meghan no longer a working royal, CMIIW, the item should be stored together with other Crown's jewels.

However, IF it turns out the earrings was not recorded or it is currently in Meghan's possession in LA, IMO it's fair if questions be raised either to BP or to the Sussexes.

As for the bullying allegation, the following Times' article is worse than the previous one:
Meghan bullying claims: ‘Nothing was ever good enough . . . she left staff shaking with fear’

IMO this allegation is surely worse than Harry's Invictus one (or even the Marine one) so if it's not true, legal action should be raised by the Sussexes either a complaint or even by suing them.
  #445  
Old 03-03-2021, 01:41 AM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, United States
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
According to this article, the issue surrounding the earrings is that in the beginning, Meghan said that it had been borrowed while now it's been revealed that it's actually a wedding gift (given, not borrowed).
Meghan’s earrings were gift from Saudi prince accused of murder

Now, according to BRF Gift Policy (link)

And since of course those earrings worth more than £150 (and not returned), according to the policy, the ownership (should) goes to the Crown.
I thought the definition of "official gift" is that the item was given while on an official duty - the presentation and exchange of gifts that often accompanies royal tours for example - but that things like wedding gifts were personal property?
  #446  
Old 03-03-2021, 02:18 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I thought the definition of "official gift" is that the item was given while on an official duty - the presentation and exchange of gifts that often accompanies royal tours for example - but that things like wedding gifts were personal property?
See Section 4 of the attached link on my previous post:
Quote:
4.0 Personal Gifts
4.1 Introduction
Gifts are classed as personal when they are:
- given by people whom the Member of The Royal Family knows privately and not during or in connection with an official engagement or duty;
- given by public bodies, businesses or private individuals with whom the Member of The Royal Family has an established relationship, such as Warrant Holders, on the occasion of a marriage, birth, birthday or other notable personal occasion (including Christmas), and where the value of the gift is less than £150 (if a gift is given where there is no established relationship, other than on a notable personal occasion or is over £150 in value, the gift should be classified as official);
- prizes won as a result of personal activity; or
- given on other occasions, for example by staff, where there is no connection to official duties.
So the question will be whether Meghan (or Harry?) knows this Arab Prince in personal capacity or has an established relationship with him (which if true, it's still not a good optic).
  #447  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:14 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,999
The Saudi Crown Prince knows many members of the BRF. In fact the Saudi and British Royal Families have been great friends for years. They are generous with their gifts of jewellery. I believe Camilla has been the recipient of some gifts from this family. Charles has visited the Kingdom regularly over the years.

The Saudi Crown Prince came on a lavish State Visit to Britain in March 2018, barely two months before Harry and Meghan were married. He had dinner with Prince Charles and Prince William while he was there and met with the Queen at BP for a meal, and with Theresa May. It's certainly not improbable that he sent these earrings as a wedding gift, having met Harry and/or Meghan on this trip, considering the close relationship both families have.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1261591/saudi-arabia
  #448  
Old 03-03-2021, 03:43 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,417
I believe it. If it's not true sue. One person's truth does not negate another's.
  #449  
Old 03-03-2021, 04:37 AM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,152
The accusation of bullying is very serious and have heavy consequences. John Bercow (former Speaker of the House of Commons) was not granted a peerage (as a life peer) due to ongoing bullying investigation as well as being accused of having anti-Brexit bias (though this could be debatable). Julie Payette resigned as the Governor General of Canada after the Rideau Hall workplace review (2020–2021) has found that she "belittled, berated and publicly humiliated Rideau Hall staff" and "created a toxic, verbally abusive workplace". Priti Patel, the Home Secretary was also accused of bullying twice with two on-going investigations.

Simon Case, who was mentioned in The Times article as the person who Jason Knauf emailed the "bullying" concern. Simon Case is the former then-private secretary to Prince William and now Head of the Home Civil Service (he had previously work as a secretary for David Cameron, Theresa May and Boris Johnson). There has been lots of cross-over of staffs between UK government (secretary or civil servant) and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The accusation of Meghan bullying staff is nothing new and has been flown around since 2018. Except at that time, it was tabloid/magazine gossip, where most people brush it under the carpet. Dan Wootton (Executive Editor of The Sun) boasted on twitter about publishing the bullying story (involving The Duchess of Cambridge) in which Meghan's staff denied.
https://twitter.com/danwootton/statu...81022692982789

The Sun article, where Meghan is accused of treating Kensington Palace's staff appallingly and Catherine telling Meghan off (if anyone is really interested )
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...meghan-markle/

There is also the accusation of Meghan being a diva towards a photographer in her acting days at Suits. The Tatler article was published on May 2020.
https://www.tatler.com/article/megha...toB4x7-gPf45sU

A lot of Times journalist who are political correspondent have retweeted the three articles. Given the ongoing Alex Salmond's inquiry with Nicola Sturgeon at Holyrood, COVID-19 vaccination progress and Chancellor's delivery of the Budget on Wednesday (3rd March), they actually have the time to do so (normally they don't).

Here is Chris Ship's take on the bullying allegation:
Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
This is in the Times tomorrow [Collision symbol]
A claim from Royal aides that Meghan faced “a bullying complaint made by one of her closest advisers” in what ⁦@valentinelow writes is a sign that the palace has “hit back” at the Duchess before her big interview with Oprah this weekend
9:17 AM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
This is pretty dramatic stuff. And anyone saying that the Oprah interview was "insensitive timing" because the Duke of Edinburgh is in hospital - will now have to make the same charge of Palace sources, surely?
9:54 AM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
NEW: A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan says:
“The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma."
10:08 AM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
The statement from the Sussex spokesperson goes on:
Meghan "is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”
10:08 AM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
Not surprising that sources in both camps are describing this whole thing as “ugly”.
3 days before Harry and Meghan’s Oprah interview airs, and palace sources decide it was time to tell @valentinelow at The Times about a bullying complaint filed against Meghan in 2018.
What next?
7:14 PM · Mar 3, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...75270645448718

Valentine Low (the author of The Times articles) replied to Chris Ship's first tweet:
valentinelow @valentinelow
Replying to @chrisshipitv
I am not sure this is quite right. It is not the palace hitting back. The palace is in fact very concerned about the allegations, because they do not reflect well on them.
9:18 AM · Mar 3, 2021·TweetDeck
https://twitter.com/valentinelow/sta...75539139624961
  #450  
Old 03-03-2021, 04:43 AM
Claire's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,465
The bullying claims are not new - they have been filtering out the palace for over a year now. But yes the timing of the article is strange , especially from the Times. but I suppose when you feel you can air your dirty laundry don't be surprised if others come along to watch.

Personally I did not think much of the bullying claim - we have all had horrible bosses and team mates and I think many of us have been in situation at work when you either put up with it or leave.

I did however noticed that Meghan was very much of the opinion that the staff worked for her. And that relationship or office culture is not really seen in the palace. Some office - the staff work for the Crown or the Queen you might say. Even for the country they view themselves as civil servants. They work as a team with the higher team at BP. That is not what was going on with that team. Meghan was in absolute power and when that power was questioned, she was angry. There was no team work - among each other or with the rest of the palace. I have been told that this was deliberate - holding out for evidence. We have also not been told how many people moved from one office to another, which apparently did happen.
  #451  
Old 03-03-2021, 05:03 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,074
Workplace bullying can be very damaging to someone's well-being, and it's not always that easy to leave - it damages your confidence and that makes it difficult to find another job, because it tends to mean that you come across badly at interviews. One person's definition of bullying can be very different to someone else's, and we don't know exactly what was said and done, but it can certainly be very distressing.


It's certainly interesting that this has suddenly appeared on the front pages of several newspapers 5 days before the Oprah interview, but I agree with Claire - if you're going to wash your dirty linen in public, it's going to attract attention, and more and more stories are going to come out, because anything with your name in it will be front page news. Harry and Meghan just go from one controversy and lawsuit to another. It's not pleasant for anyone.
  #452  
Old 03-03-2021, 05:12 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 14
I do suspect the bullying claims because a lot of them don’t say what she said or did. It’s always focused on the other person’s feelings, which is important but if you’re going to accuse someone of bullying, you need to say what was said (even vaguely).

And yes, this is clearly in response to the Oprah interview. We truly have no idea what Meghan will say and can only make guesses. And in the past, it’s been Harry who’s said the more “damming” statements - not Meghan.
  #453  
Old 03-03-2021, 05:15 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Can’t find the right forum thread that is open concerning the staff of the Sussexes, but the London Times have explosive story on Megan’s alleged bullying of staff.
“The sources approached The Times because they felt that only a partial version had emerged of Meghan’s two years as a working member of the royal family and they wished to tell their side, concerned about how such matters are handled by the palace. The complaint claimed that she drove two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...view-7sxfvd2c3
Rumors of this has been going around a few years now, as many of us said in the last 3 years: where there is smoke...

To be fair it doesn't make either party (Meghan or the palace) look good, but I can almost understand the palace, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place here: if they go cover it, well here we are.. if they don't and investigate and it is true.. what do you do, she's still a member of the family. They would have been 100% accused of racism towards her (even if the evidence was clear as clear can be) by her crazy fans plus likely by everyday people.

There seems to be an evidence trail, I hope there is audio trail too to back this up (that's always the best line of defense against a bullying employer). I do however don't think The Times would have actually posted this if they did not had a strong indication that it was true.
The fact Jason's and Samantha Cohen names are mentioned is pretty big!!
Plus we have the many aides who left during her time, a few went back to work for the Cambridges!

I truly hope, for everyone involved it is a misunderstanding, Ie cultural differences in how office environments are run in the US vs. UK. But with Jason, an american himself, being the one who reported on it to HR.. it seems a bit unlikely- since he, better than the UK staff would be able to tell.

It's also interesting to point out the couple lawyers/PR did not actually deny the allegations, now did they...
"Wholly false narrative based on misleading and harmful misinformation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
The bullying claims are not new - they have been filtering out the palace for over a year now. But yes the timing of the article is strange , especially from the Times. but I suppose when you feel you can air your dirty laundry don't be surprised if others come along to watch.

Personally I did not think much of the bullying claim - we have all had horrible bosses and team mates and I think many of us have been in situation at work when you either put up with it or leave.

I did however noticed that Meghan was very much of the opinion that the staff worked for her. And that relationship or office culture is not really seen in the palace. Some office - the staff work for the Crown or the Queen you might say. Even for the country they view themselves as civil servants. They work as a team with the higher team at BP. That is not what was going on with that team. Meghan was in absolute power and when that power was questioned, she was angry. There was no team work - among each other or with the rest of the palace. I have been told that this was deliberate - holding out for evidence. We have also not been told how many people moved from one office to another, which apparently did happen.


There was no team work - among each other
This is actually one of the biggest responsibility of a manager/leader (in this case the Sussexes) to delegate and build that team work.

I have been told that this was deliberate - holding out for evidence
will you clarify this further, i'm confused.
  #454  
Old 03-03-2021, 05:29 AM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
The bullying claims are not new - they have been filtering out the palace for over a year now. But yes the timing of the article is strange , especially from the Times. but I suppose when you feel you can air your dirty laundry don't be surprised if others come along to watch.

Personally I did not think much of the bullying claim - we have all had horrible bosses and team mates and I think many of us have been in situation at work when you either put up with it or leave.

I did however noticed that Meghan was very much of the opinion that the staff worked for her. And that relationship or office culture is not really seen in the palace. Some office - the staff work for the Crown or the Queen you might say. Even for the country they view themselves as civil servants. They work as a team with the higher team at BP. That is not what was going on with that team. Meghan was in absolute power and when that power was questioned, she was angry. There was no team work - among each other or with the rest of the palace. I have been told that this was deliberate - holding out for evidence. We have also not been told how many people moved from one office to another, which apparently did happen.
I think you raise a very important point on difference in workplace environment. I remembered Camilla Tominey mentioning in an interview on the supposed clash in workplace culture, when there were rumours about Meghan not treating her staff well. She said that the relationship between Royal and staff is almost colleague-to-colleague or even friendship-like. An example she gave was John Brown (personal attendant) and Queen Victoria.

This is not limited to just the royal family, even in the upper class aristocracy/gentry. A second example of this is how the Rees-Mogg family treated Veronica Crook (the family nanny), who has worked 55 years (turning 56 this year) for them [in two generations]. Jacob Rees-Mogg (described as Honourable Member of the 18/19th Century), who is the Leader of The House of Commons has said "Nanny is part of [our] family" and yes, she was Jacob and his four siblings' nanny as well as his young children's nanny.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-34317549

Another recent example of the friends-like relationship is between Angela Kelly (Personal Assistant and Senior Dresser) and The Queen.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/st...enior-dresser/

Even now, some people even in Britain find this relationship between upper-class/royal family member and nanny/staff unusual or absurd (i.e. different from the usual employer/manager and employee relationship). So I do understand why Meghan feels frustrated that she does not have the absolute power to tell her staff what to do. And in these three above examples I gave, the staffs do not come from a privilege background like nobility/aristocracy/gentry, in fact, they were/are brought up in a working class family. I understand that they have worked in their field for more than a decade (or even half a century) and hence the development into a very close relationship. And I also assume that the relationships probably starts as boss-employee before becoming friend/family-like.
  #455  
Old 03-03-2021, 05:45 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Saudi Crown Prince knows many members of the BRF. In fact the Saudi and British Royal Families have been great friends for years. They are generous with their gifts of jewellery. I believe Camilla has been the recipient of some gifts from this family. Charles has visited the Kingdom regularly over the years.

The Saudi Crown Prince came on a lavish State Visit to Britain in March 2018, barely two months before Harry and Meghan were married. He had dinner with Prince Charles and Prince William while he was there and met with the Queen at BP for a meal, and with Theresa May. It's certainly not improbable that he sent these earrings as a wedding gift, having met Harry and/or Meghan on this trip, considering the close relationship both families have.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1261591/saudi-arabia

How does any of the above information change the fact that Meghan is apparently in possession of an item that, per current regulations, should have been returned to the Crown after she left?


As for her wearing the earrings in Fiji, in that particular case I think her aides share the blame. They should have been aware of any potential political or diplomatic concern and advised her accordingly.
  #456  
Old 03-03-2021, 06:41 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
How does any of the above information change the fact that Meghan is apparently in possession of an item that, per current regulations, should have been returned to the Crown after she left?


As for her wearing the earrings in Fiji, in that particular case I think her aides share the blame. They should have been aware of any potential political or diplomatic concern and advised her accordingly.

I thought part of the problem was that Meghan told aides that the earrings were borrowed from someone, when they were actually a wedding gift from the controversial Prince? Aides then passed on the wrong information (= lie) to the press, along with other information on the outfit that is customarily given to press on such occasions.


I really wish the bullying accusations would be investigated by an independent & reputable professional as the situation with Maria Theresa was.

While bullying by bosses & especially very powerful people (to which group royals still belong, even if they don't always possess great political power these days - they are however very powerful in a societal sense) was sadly often prevalent in the past and little was done about it, I think it's a very good development that it's becoming increasingly unacceptable.

Bullying in the work place has a significant negative effect on the mental health & life quality of the employees who are bullied. After all, they have to go to work every day & spend a great amount of time there. Furthermore, it then usually becomes impossible for these individuals to forget about work and relax in their spare time because they are understandably worried about what will happen to them when they return to work.

All of it should be taken very seriously. This is not just an accusation by an unknown source, we have emails by Knauf written in 2018 (not now at the time of the Oprah interview!); the HR person at Clarance House, Samantha Carruthers, was reportedly informed and is said to have agreed with Knauf's assessment.

Working on mental health initiatives should not absolve anyone from bullying accusations. They should still be looked at very closely and again, I believe an independent investigation should be conducted as was done with Maria Theresa.
  #457  
Old 03-03-2021, 07:02 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,074
I don't think that a personal assistant would expect to be treated as a family member in the same way as a nanny or a dresser would. But there are bosses who are pleasant and polite and encouraging, and there are bosses who are aggressive, shout at people and knock people's confidence, and there are bosses at all sorts of levels in between. I've obviously never worked for Meghan so I don't know what she's like as a boss, but I don't see that politeness varies much from one country to another, so I don't think that it's really a cultural thing.
  #458  
Old 03-03-2021, 07:32 AM
Claire's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,465
It should be noted that the accusation was dealt with by the palace HR department so as far as they are concerned it was dealt with. There were other issues - one that I was told was taken further involving a flung teacup. I believe that was settled as well. If the issue of bullying was not raised with the palace - I do not think that the people in the press will realistically look at it.

Technically you work for the Private secretary, he/she does all that. Yes - the royal sets the tone, but it is private secretary who gives the marching orders

okay - need to give detail. There is a lot of co-ordination between the royal office offices, especially if they have a shared media office. But as Kensington had their own at this point makes it easier. okay - so everything is coordinated. Pics of hats, frocks ect are send out to make certain no one is wearing the same - noone hat is too brimmed for the front row. But far more important is the message from the palace must be coordinated to be streamlined. Royals cannot be at too similar or conflicting engagements. You cannot have the Duchess of Cambridge asking for more funds for early children development at the same time Prince Charles is asking for funds to be spend on environmental policies. You cannot have Camilla opening a dog shelter and Meghan opening a dog shelter during the same week. It is a masterclass in coordination, cooperation and diplomacy within the offices.
But there is a way around it - and well, do what you like - private visits.

You can essentially do any engagement, promote any cause, charity or patronage you want to and don't have to follow the rules of the royal rota.
you can call the media outlet you want and tell them to send the photographer you want.
  #459  
Old 03-03-2021, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 212
I’m quoting The Times article I’ve attached several post up-thread for those who can’t access behind paywall.

Quote:
(…)

In late 2017, after Harry and Meghan’s engagement was announced, a senior aide spoke to the couple about the difficulties caused by their treatment of staff. People needed to be treated well and with some understanding, even when they were not performing to their standards, they were told. Meghan is said to have replied: “It’s not my job to coddle people.”

There is no doubt that Meghan could be a demanding boss. There were a number of people, allegedly including Harry himself, who suggested that those early problems were partly to do with cultural differences in management style. (….)

>>>Several paragraphs mentioning what couple of former staff felt/thought about Meghan: “I had unpleasant experiences with her. I would definitely say humiliated.” Some worried about spending time with Meghan (“I feel terrified. I can’t stop shaking.”). Mention of ‘lot of broken people, young women were broken by their behaviour’ (“completely destroyed” is used). That Samantha Cohen had been bullied. (“They treated her terribly. Nothing was ever good enough. It was, ‘She doesn’t understand, she’s failing.’”) With other staff called Cohen as “a saint” to put up with her. And claim that Fiji tour was stressful for staff and a senior adviser reassured them by saying “You are dealing with a very difficult lady.”<<<

The palace knew that when Harry married a woman who was biracial, American and divorced, they had to go out of their way to make sure the marriage was a success: if it was not, the royal household and their supposedly hidebound ways would be blamed. “Everyone knew that the institution would be judged by her happiness,” a source said. (…)

>>>there’s a mention of the Sussexes’ lawyers denying this and that she wished to fit in.<<<

A source claimed that most of the tensions in the household at the time concerned the Sussexes’ relations with the media. “The way I see it, their view of not getting institutional support was that they were not getting permission to blow up the institution’s relationships with the media.” Again, lawyers for the duke and duchess deny this.

(...)

>>>mention how the palace was willing to help Meghan finding a role within the film industry if she wanted<<<

The source said: “The entire place, because of everything about her, and because of what Harry’s previous girlfriends had been through, was bending over backwards to make sure that every option was open.” They said Meghan thanked them, but said she had no wish to carry on acting, instead she wanted to concentrate on her humanitarian and philanthropic work, and to support Harry as a member of the royal family.

That might have been that, except of course it wasn’t. Part of the problem, according to the source, was that everyone in the palace was so genteel and civil; too genteel and civil: “When someone decides not to be civil, they have no idea what to do. They were run over by her, and then run over by Harry. They had no idea what to do.”

(…)
Really, this article is very damaging for Meghan (more than the letter on MoS). The palace also doesn't look good here because (if it's true) in a way it can be said that they're hiding this problem.
  #460  
Old 03-03-2021, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Rumors of this has been going around a few years now, as many of us said in the last 3 years: where there is smoke...

To be fair it doesn't make either party (Meghan or the palace) look good, but I can almost understand the palace, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place here: if they go cover it, well here we are.. if they don't and investigate and it is true.. what do you do, she's still a member of the family. They would have been 100% accused of racism towards her (even if the evidence was clear as clear can be) by her crazy fans plus likely by everyday people.

Plus we have the many aides who left during her time, a few went back to work for the Cambridges!
As you say, these rumors have been around a long time.
It almost seemed that at one point, staff were coming and going through a revolving door.

Now that it seems all discretion will be abandoned, we'll have to wait and see what unfolds. I suspect it won't be pretty!
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2223 12-19-2020 01:13 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes american anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dna duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise resusci anne royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family united states united states of america wales wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×