The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I also think there's something very "California" about it. I'm not a native Californian but lived there for a year. It was 65 degrees and sunny and I was in shortsleeves, and so many people would be walking around wearing parkas. 65 isn't too cold for me, but for people who are from an area that rarely dips below the mid-70s 65 F is quite cold!
Same in parts of FL. Below 65 many pull out boots, coats the whole winter garb. I am still in tank top and shorts. I also tend to run hot. It is 40 degrees Fahrenheit in Jersey, my Windows open and fan running.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering she lived in Canada for many years, this is so confusing to me. Isn't it pretty warm in LA? She probably misses wearing parkas.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah, it’s been in the 70’s, so a winter coat is an odd choice.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Considering she lived in Canada for many years, this is so confusing to me. Isn't it pretty warm in LA? She probably misses wearing parkas.
Depending on the day, and time of day, it can get quite cool. It’s not northern Canada cold or anything, but it’s a significant different from summer and the low humidity makes it feel colder than it really is.

Maybe she runs cold, maybe she misjudged how cold/warm it would be, maybe Harry was wishing he’d brought a coat.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I also think there's something very "California" about it. I'm not a native Californian but lived there for a year. It was 65 degrees and sunny and I was in shortsleeves, and so many people would be walking around wearing parkas. 65 isn't too cold for me, but for people who are from an area that rarely dips below the mid-70s 65 F is quite cold!
Californian here, born and raised. Lived in both Northern California and Los Angeles. Never have or anyone I know donned a jacket like this and a hat in 70'+ weather.

The temps in Beverly Hills on the day the photo was taken were 73-80'.

It is bizarre....
Old 12-22-2020, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Reportedly one of the buildings that the couple were reported entering/exiting on Sunday 12/20 has various businesses in it including a medical spa.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1221094...-beverly-hills
Quote:
Just days before ringing in their first Christmas as California residents, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were spotted out and about in Beverly Hills on Sunday, Dec. 20.
The Duchess and Duke of Sussex were bundled up in comfy winter attire while appearing to run errands around the city. At one point in the afternoon, they entered a large building that holds multiple businesses, including a popular medical spa.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Same in Morocco. I went in the spring a few years ago and was in summer clothes being British, but the locals in Marrakech were wearing similar outfits to Meghan here.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-22-2020, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Oh please...let her wear what she wants.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Commoner

I am surprised at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan. They seem like a harmless couple. I live in the U.S. and honestly, their public image does not reflect poorly on the U.K. I admire their entrepreneural spirit . At least, they are not dependent on the government, saving British taxpayers’ money.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Live and let live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny2 View Post
I am surprised at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan. They seem like a harmless couple. I live in the U.S. and honestly, their public image does not reflect poorly on the U.K. I admire their entrepreneural spirit . At least, they are not dependent on the government, saving British taxpayers’ money.
Thank you for a kind-hearted, not cynical nor sarcastic, comment about these ‘harmless’ and well-meaning people.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-22-2020, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Hi Binny2-Could you please clarify this statement "at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan?" Were you referring to this site? Or were you referring to opinion polls in the UK? I'm asking because I want to be sure that I answer you correctly.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Hi Binny2-Could you please clarify this statement "at the degree of anger towards Harry and Meghan?" Were you referring to this site? Or were you referring to opinion polls in the UK? I'm asking because I want to be sure that I answer you correctly.

I don’t follow them closely; I tend to hang out at the Diana board who I find endlessly fascinating. My impression of H&M comes from reading this forum. It seems more like bitterness as if they deeply offended the British people. I am not writing this to denigrate other posters. I respect their point of view; just trying to understand why. There’s a cultural component I am missing. I would think there would be greater anger towards Andrew who truly has damaged the monarchy.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I don’t follow them closely; I tend to hang out at the Diana board who I find endlessly fascinating. My impression of H&M comes from reading this forum. It seems more like bitterness as if they deeply offended the British people. I am not writing this to denigrate other posters. I respect their point of view; just trying to understand why. There’s a cultural component I am missing. I would think there would be greater anger towards Andrew who truly has damaged the monarchy.

Even though I agree with you this thread has had some special guidelines added to it. You will find some like to 'hold the edge' sort of speak in order to get their points across and will carefully word it so. See post #2 to be sure. Thank goodness we have admins...lol.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hi Binny2-Thank you for your response. As Rayal pointed out, this forum/thread comes with some special considerations, so I am going to private message you my response.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:19 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several off-topic comments have been removed.

Let's not bring rumours of merching back into the discussion thank you.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:42 AM
Courtier

re, the BH images and the ru cold comment: if her wardrobe during her time in the UK is any indication I think she may runs hot. so the coat is weird. I lived in north CA, I don't think I ever saw anyone wear such thick coats.. not even the homeless people, and it is a slightly cooler area than LA.

[.....]
Old 12-23-2020, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

[...]

Still hoping for Christmas photos! They have some beautiful options as backdrops on their new property!

Not sure where CA is at on their Covid requirements when it comes to family get togethers, hopefully Doria is able to join them for the holiday.

LaRae
Old 12-23-2020, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
[...]

Still hoping for Christmas photos! They have some beautiful options as backdrops on their new property!

Not sure where CA is at on their Covid requirements when it comes to family get togethers, hopefully Doria is able to join them for the holiday.

LaRae

Pranter-So like in many places around the world, COVID 19 restrictions are changing. The state of California previously had its counties on a color coded tier system for restrictions but now counties are grouped by region. SB Co. falls into the Southern California region and is under very strict restrictions. Here's the information regarding leisure travel to SB Co. from other parts of the state/nation/world through the end of December 2020.

Since Doria likely does not fall under the category of essential traveler, I doubt that she will be coming to Santa Barbara Co. for Christmas. Likewise the Sussexes should not be traveling to Los Angeles Co. where Doria lives.

https://santabarbaraca.com/plan-your...9-information/

Quote:
When is the right time to visit Santa Barbara?
Due to the increased spread of COVID-19 within Southern California, Governor Gavin Newsom has issued a Regional Stay at Home Order, effective at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 6, 2020. During this time, leisure travel to Santa Barbara and Southern California is restricted for a minimum of three weeks.
I am an essential traveler, coming for work, quarantining, or caring for others. Am I allowed to travel to Santa Barbara?
If you fall within the category of “essential traveler,” including medical first responders, workers in essential sectors, those self-isolating/quarantining, or caring for vulnerable people, you are allowed to travel to the Santa Barbara South Coast and stay in open hotels and other lodging properties.
I will note that the following counties: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura all sought to have their respective counties removed from the Southern California Designation but as far as I know their appeal to Sacramento was unsuccessful. https://www.noozhawk.com/article/san...9_restrictions
Old 12-23-2020, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Unless Doria is staying with them. Seems like she was this summer. No idea if that is still the case though.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Pranter-So like in many places around the world, COVID 19 restrictions are changing. The state of California previously had its counties on a color coded tier system for restrictions but now counties are grouped by region. SB Co. falls into the Southern California region and is under very strict restrictions. Here's the information regarding leisure travel to SB Co. from other parts of the state/nation/world through the end of December 2020.

Since Doria likely does not fall under the category of essential traveler, I doubt that she will be coming to Santa Barbara Co. for Christmas. Likewise the Sussexes should not be traveling to Los Angeles Co. where Doria lives.

https://santabarbaraca.com/plan-your...9-information/

I will note that the following counties: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura all sought to have their respective counties removed from the Southern California Designation but as far as I know their appeal to Sacramento was unsuccessful. https://www.noozhawk.com/article/san...9_restrictions
Thanks for the info! Here in the midwest where we are we do not have these types of restrictions.

I had wondered if Doria would move onto their property but I guess we would not know unless they announced it.

LaRae

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex