The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 02-26-2021, 11:36 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't know. I don't have a problem with them promoting products as long as they are now celebrities and not royals. I just have a problem with them saying nasty things about the royal family.


I think this interview was before Harry lost his patronages. We'll see what he says in the Oprah interview.


For now I thought the interview was fine.
The fact remains that Harry and Meghan *are* royal and will remain royal. That isn't going to go away any time soon. Their restrictions are that they cannot allude to or use "royal" or their "HRH" in business transactions and deals.

As this was a fun interview and not really "plugging" anything the Sussexes are in, it was correct to refer to "Prince" Harry being "royal".
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #342  
Old 02-26-2021, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Privacy and never ending flattery are two separate things.
Like all royals they want to control the narrative and give the press what they want to for ex. not listing Archie's godparents.
As for the never-ending flattery. I doubt the couple wanted that after a while it becomes sugary and like saccharine. Useless. However what the couple got was unfair and mentally damaging treatment by the press. The far opposite of never-ending flattery. No one deserves that!
I disagree, it seems Harry has no problem with the "Hero Harry" stories from the early days of Invictus back in 2014, and let's not forget about their hardcore fans who praises them over the most trivial things.
__________________

  #343  
Old 02-26-2021, 11:56 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
So, Harry said this, apparently.

How nice of him that he’s comfortable about the lies that portray his father as a villainous b*****d. I give up on him.
Why dont you read the entire comment. This edits out the rest of what he said and you lose the context. He did not say that statement and stop.
  #344  
Old 02-26-2021, 12:23 PM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is online now
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
So, Harry said this, apparently.

How nice of him that he’s comfortable about the lies that portray his father as a villainous b*****d. I give up on him.


Quote:
Prince Harry said “I’m way more comfortable with The Crown than I am seeing the stories written about my family or wife or myself”
I know, right?

No mention that the show opened old wounds, that it started - once again - a wave of internet hate and trolls (plenty of them Sussexes' fans too) aimed at Duchess of Cornwall, who had to endure more harsh criticism than Meghan ever did. I'm quite interested about who he thinks when he says "family", because for certain it's not his father nor stepmother (or brother and sister-in-law...).

It's all just disappointing, terribly disappointing. And the worst thing is that I would like the segment a lot if it was promoting Invictus or any other charitable organization and not "Harry and Meghan, humanitarians and royals (please remember NETFLIX pays us big bucks)".
  #345  
Old 02-26-2021, 12:24 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,859
If this is his new world, good luck. There is no way to combine those two worlds, therefore I am glad they are out.
It's clear that this is a promo videol, I was waiting for him to suggest that Meghan plays herself in The Crown.
  #346  
Old 02-26-2021, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,100
Thank you Osipi for your positive comments about the Cordon interview. I too enjoyed this light hearted escapade into the wilds of LA and appreciated the many common touches (can I use your bathroom: even Royals need to pee!) that were highlighted by Cordon. Yes, there was clever product placement: Netflix and Jeopardy (Alex Trebek was famously Canadian) but Harry is a professional: his performance in the obstacle course, clearly marking his speed to help Cordon out, was exemplary. At the end of the interview, however, I was also sad because the Royal Family has clearly lost a star performer in the Prince; I am sure the 'grey men' at Buckingham Palace are kicking themselves with 'what could have been'. What I will be watching for is the British press reaction to this clear attack on their 'toxic' reaction to his 'stepping back', some of which I read in the various posters on this forum, to my dismay. Shame, really; but there are many Daily Fail readers on this forum, I think. A little bit of kindness never hurt anybody.....
  #347  
Old 02-26-2021, 12:34 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Thank you Osipi for your positive comments about the Cordon interview. I too enjoyed this light hearted escapade into the wilds of LA and appreciated the many common touches (can I use your bathroom: even Royals need to pee!) that were highlighted by Cordon. Yes, there was clever product placement: Netflix and Jeopardy (Alex Trebek was famously Canadian) but Harry is a professional: his performance in the obstacle course, clearly marking his speed to help Cordon out, was exemplary. At the end of the interview, however, I was also sad because the Royal Family has clearly lost a star performer in the Prince; I am sure the 'grey men' at Buckingham Palace are kicking themselves with 'what could have been'. What I will be watching for is the British press reaction to this clear attack on their 'toxic' reaction to his 'stepping back', some of which I read in the various posters on this forum, to my dismay. Shame, really; but there are many Daily Fail readers on this forum, I think. A little bit of kindness never hurt anybody.....



I am pretty the "grey men" (many of whom are actually women) couldn't care less and given Harry's and especially Meghan's plummeting poll numbers in the UK, they are probably relieved that the RF got rid of that liability.
  #348  
Old 02-26-2021, 12:36 PM
Nico's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am pretty the "grey men" (many of whom are actually women) couldn't care less and given Harry's and especially Meghan's plummeting poll numbers in the UK, they are probably relieved that the RF got rid of that liability.
Yep, can't agree more ...
  #349  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:11 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,792
I'm enjoying the interview. It's light hearted, they have good banter and as a viewer, I had a good time.
  #350  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am pretty the "grey men" (many of whom are actually women) couldn't care less and given Harry's and especially Meghan's plummeting poll numbers in the UK, they are probably relieved that the RF got rid of that liability.
As I said earlier, we've been hearing about how the Queen, despite being in her mid-90s and her husband being in hospital, has been doing video calls praising the vaccination programme, Sophie Wessex has trained as a volunteer at a vaccination centre, and Charles and Camilla have been visiting medical staff ... whilst Harry has been talking about a) himself and b) a Netflix series. That's a lot more important than asking to use James Corden's toilet. I agree that Harry, and indeed Meghan, could have done a lot of good, but they chose to walk away. I doubt that the "grey men" are shedding too many tears about it.
  #351  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:16 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 9,145
And from the interview we learn that Archie's first word was crocodile. Impressive!
  #352  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
As I said earlier, we've been hearing about how the Queen, despite being in her mid-90s and her husband being in hospital, has been doing video calls praising the vaccination programme, Sophie Wessex has trained as a volunteer at a vaccination centre, and Charles and Camilla have been visiting medical staff ... whilst Harry has been talking about a) himself and b) a Netflix series. That's a lot more important than asking to use James Corden's toilet. I agree that Harry, and indeed Meghan, could have done a lot of good, but they chose to walk away. I doubt that the "grey men" are shedding too many tears about it.
Well said Alison & others.

It’s a clever piece of propaganda. He's exploiting his likeablity to excuse abandoning his duty.
  #353  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:27 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
As I said earlier, we've been hearing about how the Queen, despite being in her mid-90s and her husband being in hospital, has been doing video calls praising the vaccination programme, Sophie Wessex has trained as a volunteer at a vaccination centre, and Charles and Camilla have been visiting medical staff ... whilst Harry has been talking about a) himself and b) a Netflix series. That's a lot more important than asking to use James Corden's toilet. I agree that Harry, and indeed Meghan, could have done a lot of good, but they chose to walk away. I doubt that the "grey men" are shedding too many tears about it.
Actually, Harry asked to use the bathroom at the home where "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" was filmed. It was a comedic spiel into getting Harry to have that home as his LA base. I thought it was funny. In these times, we *do* need a respite from everything being dire and gloomy. I don't know about anyone else but I mention watching Netflix a lot and Hulu and preferring to stream things rather than watch live TV. In fact, throughout the entire interview, I can't say that I saw either Harry or James "plugging" anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
And from the interview we learn that Archie's first word was crocodile. Impressive!
Three syllables. A most difficult word for a lad his size. I can just imagine the routing. "See you later, alligator" with Archie chiming in "After while, crocodile" and busting into a fit of laughter.

OH! Another part I found interesting is Harry being asked who would ever "play" him and he names Damian Lewis. I'm in the middle of streaming all the episodes of "Homeland" where Lewis plays Nick Brody. I remember clearly thinking that he's a ginger like Harry was when Lewis was on screen.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #354  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Thank you Osipi for your positive comments about the Cordon interview. I too enjoyed this light hearted escapade into the wilds of LA and appreciated the many common touches (can I use your bathroom: even Royals need to pee!) that were highlighted by Cordon. Yes, there was clever product placement: Netflix and Jeopardy (Alex Trebek was famously Canadian) but Harry is a professional: his performance in the obstacle course, clearly marking his speed to help Cordon out, was exemplary. At the end of the interview, however, I was also sad because the Royal Family has clearly lost a star performer in the Prince; I am sure the 'grey men' at Buckingham Palace are kicking themselves with 'what could have been'. What I will be watching for is the British press reaction to this clear attack on their 'toxic' reaction to his 'stepping back', some of which I read in the various posters on this forum, to my dismay. Shame, really; but there are many Daily Fail readers on this forum, I think. A little bit of kindness never hurt anybody.....
I seriously doubt that the "Grey Men" are kicking themselves, while it's true that Harry does have star power, he doesn't make a good royal, considering he and his wife almost exclusively champions issues that are considered left-wing and surrounds themselves with people from a certain political party in the US when the RF should be politically neutral.
  #355  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:33 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,289
i can't deny that i find these 2 rather hypocritical. they wax lyrical about their privacy, then engage in a celebrity-style interview with a late night show and in an interview with oprah, the queen of talk shows. they speak about their kid's first word, his christmas presents, their evening routine... all whilst claiming when they were still royals that they would not reveal the kid's godparents because it would be a breach of their privacy.

i honestly don't know what lies deep inside them, what they really want, what their plan is... because they make little sense. not just in this issue, but many others (like when they preach about climate change, then fly to a conference to talk about climate change by private jet, and then go on 2 holidays also by private jet).

this interview is not what i expected them to engage in. this is the sort of thing that i see a B rated celeb doing, not someone who claims they want to do good in the world. harry doesn't need to go this low (he has the money, has the fame, why engage in this circus?!) - but for some unknown reason has. it is almost as if they are fighting hard to stay relevant, whatever the cost.

maybe they realise their popularity ratings are hitting rock bottom and they thought getting harry in an interview on TV talking about life would make them more relatable...
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
  #356  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:36 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, Harry asked to use the bathroom at the home where "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" was filmed. It was a comedic spiel into getting Harry to have that home as his LA base. I thought it was funny. In these times, we *do* need a respite from everything being dire and gloomy. I don't know about anyone else but I mention watching Netflix a lot and Hulu and preferring to stream things rather than watch live TV. In fact, throughout the entire interview, I can't say that I saw either Harry or James "plugging" anything at all.



Three syllables. A most difficult word for a lad his size. I can just imagine the routing. "See you later, alligator" with Archie chiming in "After while, crocodile" and busting into a fit of laughter.

OH! Another part I found interesting is Harry being asked who would ever "play" him and he names Damian Lewis. I'm in the middle of streaming all the episodes of "Homeland" where Lewis plays Nick Brody. I remember clearly thinking that he's a ginger like Harry was when Lewis was on screen.
I have got to go google this actor!


Ok I know this guy ....LOVE him as as actor!!


LaRae
  #357  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:46 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I disagree, it seems Harry has no problem with the "Hero Harry" stories from the early days of Invictus back in 2014, and let's not forget about their hardcore fans who praises them over the most trivial things.
Hardly. What the press writes and what their "hardcore fans" think are not the same or of equal value.

Of course royals are going to like positive press when it's valid. The "Hero Harry" stories were valid. He did 2 tours of duty serving his country.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #358  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Three syllables. A most difficult word for a lad his size. I can just imagine the routing. "See you later, alligator" with Archie chiming in "After while, crocodile" and busting into a fit of laughter.

On a lighter note, "See you later, alligator" would sound quite different in British and American English due to the flapping (?) of the intervocalic 't' in the American pronunciation and the mute final 'r' in 'alligator' in the British pronunciation (the final 'r' in 'later' wouldn't normally be pronounced either in British RP, but in this particular sentence, I believe it is, because it is followed by a vowel).


I wonder how Archie would pronounce that sentence having an American mother and a British father.


On Harry's casting suggestion, isn't Damian Lewis too old to play him? Wikipedia says he's 50.
  #359  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:51 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I seriously doubt that the "Grey Men" are kicking themselves, while it's true that Harry does have star power, he doesn't make a good royal, considering he and his wife almost exclusively champions issues that are considered left-wing and surrounds themselves with people from a certain political party in the US when the RF should be politically neutral.
Considering the dude ranked #1 as most popular royal for years and did a lot of service for the BRF, this is not at all fair.
  #360  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 689
I enjoyed the video of the interview. It was fun and light.

This is not IMO an endorsement of the Crown. If you quote the whole sentences without editing it, this is what he said “I’m way more comfortable with the Crown than I am seeing the stories written about my family or my wife or myself, because the Crown is obviously fiction, take it how you will. But this(press) is being reported on as fact because you’re supposedly news. I have a real issue with that" .

But editing the sentence .... changing the narrative.....
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2223 12-19-2020 01:13 AM




Popular Tags
abdication america anastasia 2020 background story biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon daisy dna doge of venice doll dubai duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii emperor facts family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duke guillaume intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jewellery king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark names nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince dimitri prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia queen louise queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal ancestry royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family solomon j solomon speech stuart suthida taiwan thailand uae customs united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×