The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 04:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Curryong - sorry not sorry for Charles and Thomas being left out of Archwell opening of the website. Both fathers have hurt their children by different means but still publicly so why should Harry and Meghan owe filial loyalty to them? The Dads can stay mad. Besides in certain courts of public opinion Charles and Thomas are not getting Father of the Year awards. Both men have negative opinions placed on them and that's due to their voluntary actions.
Well, in a 2017 interview Harry made it clear how much he valued and loved his father for all he has done for him. He has essentially raised him and William alone! since their mother died! Maybe Harry (and Meghan too) need to than take their heads out of their A$$ and grow up!

Old 01-01-2021, 04:23 AM
Courtier

What evidence do we have that Charles did not at least try to do these things. I feel he is being attacked on here with no real evidence. We cannot possibly know what went on behind closed doors. Not every parent can be there 100% of the time.

They have got us talking though, the couple always manage that, good marketing strategy.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm kicking myself for again taking their bait, but i just don't see why it couldn't have been:

i am my parent's child
I am my child's parent

that would have been lovely and compassionate..
but i guess i'm not their target audience anyway, so i wish them succes in their endeavours and i'm happy for them that the website is launched and they took another step on the path in life they envision for themselves
Old 01-01-2021, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

When people behave, speak and present themselves a certain way long enough time know what their basic character is. Just As an example it’s not opinion When a person Cusses, hits and dismisses others Constant as less That person is bully Or when someone is speaks gently and Has a habit of reassurance and bring up people they a nurturer.

So people see how the This couple behave, speak and act and see a pattern. It’s not opinion BTW That the phrase “What Meghan wants Meghan gets“ has been said of her by people who know her quite well and she has a history of broken relationships.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Time to move on from discussing Charles' parental skills and his and Harry's relationship. Thank you.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

For me it's very simple: there are two people that draw interest to the Sussex' agenda, one is Archie (what happened to his privacy, of course featuring in a podcast is a different matter), the other one is Diana.

Whenever they need attention, one of the two has to come out of the closet (even in a 'design' that does not show the poor kid's face to make it even more interesting) to get people talking.

It's so predictable it's almost boring.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm confused, how on earth is propping up mothers a slap in the face of fathers?

How do you read criticism of Charles into "I am my mother's son" when the following line is "I am our son's mother"? Following that logic, are you insinuating that they're downplaying Harry's importance in Archie's life since they didn't write "we are our son's parents"?

Their emphasis is clearly on compassion. Their example of compassion is motherhood. Hardly surprising since one has recently become a mother and experienced firsthand how motherhood changes you on both an emotional and conscious level. And the other lost his mother at the age of 12. Was Diana perfect? Far from it but I have no doubt that for both William and Harry, she stands back as the very image of strength, comfort and, whoop here it is, compassion.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I'm confused, how on earth is propping up mothers a slap in the face of fathers?

How do you read criticism of Charles into "I am my mother's son" when the following line is "I am our son's mother"? Following that logic, are you insinuating that they're downplaying Harry's importance in Archie's life since they didn't write "we are our son's parents"?

Their emphasis is clearly on compassion. Their example of compassion is motherhood. Hardly surprising since one has recently become a mother and experienced firsthand how motherhood changes you on both an emotional and conscious level. And the other lost his mother at the age of 12. Was Diana perfect? Far from it but I have no doubt that for both William and Harry, she stands back as the very image of strength, comfort and, whoop here it is, compassion.

Judging by Harry's reaction after the birth, I would becoming a father has been an emotional and conscious level change for him. so yes the emphasis on motherhood is odd, why not choose: parents instead? (last I checked both their parents were hands on active parents)
Old 01-01-2021, 06:55 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Several posts have been removed, as their contents went way beyond the scope of this thread.

At TRF, we do not encourage arm-chair psychological diagnoses/speculation - it is highly inappropriate, considering the 'subjects' are people 99.95% of us have never even met, let alone had proper discussions with. We have removed posts like this in the past, and we will continue to do so in the future. Members who continue along this discussion path may find themselves suspended from posting for a period of time.

Additionally, in line with our standard TRF policy, posts comparing royals / reactions to royals have been edited and/or removed.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Judging by Harry's reaction after the birth, I would becoming a father has been an emotional and conscious level change for him. so yes the emphasis on motherhood is odd, why not choose: parents instead? (last I checked both their parents were hands on active parents)
I don't understand why the rest of us must to be taken captive in your inability to believe that they value fatherhood as much as motherhood unless they explicitly state it? Emphasising motherhood doesn't negate fatherhood. Just like saying "I love raspberries" doesn't mean I must then hate strawberries

Old 01-01-2021, 07:21 AM
Commoner

Quote:

Because he isn’t just his mother’s son. He’s also his father’s son, and his son’s father. Since his mother died when he was a child, his father must have had a larger role in his upbringing. I’m not sure why they felt the need to include anything about their family relationships, but if they had, “We’re our parents’ children and our child’s parents” would have worked fine.

Equating motherhood - but not fatherhood - with compassion is strange for someone who had a good relationship with both parents growing up. We know Harry did, and even for Meghan, it seems like her relationship with her father was fine until the past few years. Motherhood may have been transformative for her, but I don’t think fatherhood was any less so for Harry. Is he less compassionate than Meghan is towards their son? I doubt it. The notion that women have a monopoly on certain traits like nurturing and compassion is the sort of sexist rhetoric that these two - and Meghan in particular - rail against the rest of the time, and rightly so.

Meghan is portrayed as both the recipient of compassion from her mother, and the bestower of compassion upon her son. Harry is portrayed only as the recipient of compassion from his long-dead mother (with no mention of his father), but not as the bestower of compassion upon his son... even though he presumably does that as much and as well as Meghan.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
Because he isn’t just his mother’s son. He’s also his father’s son, and his son’s father. Since his mother died when he was a child, his father must have had a larger role in his upbringing. I’m not sure why they felt the need to include anything about their family relationships, but if they had, “We’re our parents’ children and our child’s parents” would have worked fine.

Equating motherhood - but not fatherhood - with compassion is strange for someone who had a good relationship with both parents growing up. We know Harry did, and even for Meghan, it seems like her relationship with her father was fine until the past few years. Motherhood may have been transformative for her, but I don’t think fatherhood was any less so for Harry. Is he less compassionate than Meghan is towards their son? I doubt it. The notion that women have a monopoly on certain traits like nurturing and compassion is the sort of sexist rhetoric that these two - and Meghan in particular - rail against the rest of the time, and rightly so.

Meghan is portrayed as both the recipient of compassion from her mother, and the bestower of compassion upon her son. Harry is portrayed only as the recipient of compassion from his long-dead mother (with no mention of his father), but not as the bestower of compassion upon his son... even though he presumably does that as much and as well as Meghan.
I know most posters in this forum dislike Richard Palmer (Royal Reporter of the Daily Express, where Camilla Tominey previously worked). However, since motherhood and fatherhood (in general) have been mentioned, I think his tweet showed similar observation from some posters here (myself included). He also attached the Express article.
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
A focus on mothers and not fathers at first glance.
3:08 AM · Jan 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...76814459953152

I probably should have posted this earlier, given that this tweet reflected Richard Palmer's first glance on the Archewell foundation website.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I know most posters in this forum dislike Richard Palmer (Royal Reporter of the Daily Express, where Camilla Tominey previously worked). However, since motherhood and fatherhood (in general) have been mentioned, I think his tweet showed similar observation from some posters here (myself included). He also attached the Express article.
Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter
A focus on mothers and not fathers at first glance.
3:08 AM · Jan 1, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...76814459953152

I probably should have posted this earlier, given that this tweet reflected Richard Palmer's first glance on the Archewell foundation website.
I saw that yesterday, and noted it ...I’m glad Richard did as well, since it seems none outside of Piers Morgan did (and he had the same issues as I)
Old 01-01-2021, 08:05 AM
Majesty

But what is this all about?? yes compassion is good. We know this, Do we need a website from Harry to tell us
Old 01-01-2021, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
But what is this all about?? yes compassion is good. We know this, Do we need a website from Harry to tell us
I rather think that is for them to determine and whatever audience is receptive of it. If a person has no interest in what the site provides then they need not bother with it.

LaRae
Old 01-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Majesty

I can't understand the whole point of it, or who wants to read or listen to it. Are tehy now going to make a living by "promoting compassion"?
Old 01-01-2021, 09:42 AM
Courtier

It seems pretty on brand for them, their two biggest money makers outside of their royal titles Diana and Archie along with a huge dose of word salad, vague feel good things. People have made money from just that so we'll see how it goes.

I do think having the same name for their for - profit and not for profit is going to muddy the waters and might come back to bite them in the arse.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:56 AM
Commoner

I'm still trying to figure out what they're actually doing. They've "partnered" with an odd smattering of organizations, but what does that mean? Are they donating money? Working on specific projects? Raising awareness by linking to them on their website and talking about them at media appearances?
Old 01-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out what they're actually doing. They've "partnered" with an odd smattering of organizations, but what does that mean? Are they donating money? Working on specific projects? Raising awareness by linking to them on their website and talking about them at media appearances?
Im puzzled as well, just as I'm puzzled what they are doing with this Netflix contract. Are they making money for themselves or to donate to charities? What ARE they doing to make money? I don't see what money is going to be raised from some vague "promotion of compassion" from mothers and other strangers on a website.. or podcast....And I'm not sure what they intend to do iwht the Netflix thing. Are they making movies? Commercially successful ones or more charity oriented or what? Honestly wouldnt it be more straightforward to set up an olnline business and sell toasters or something?
Old 01-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I think I'm just gonna repeat myself:

Quote:
I don't understand why the rest of us must to be taken captive in your inability to believe that they value fatherhood as much as motherhood unless they explicitly state it? Emphasising motherhood doesn't negate fatherhood. Just like saying "I love raspberries" doesn't mean I must then hate strawberries
How do you get to the conclusion that using motherhood as an example of compassion negates the importance of fatherhood? At no point do they say they don't equate fatherhood with compassion. That's just not the example they've decided to use.

I'm guessing they chose motherhood as a representation for compassion because it holds a special meaning to both of them. I don't doubt Charles is immensely important to Harry but I also think it's only logical that someone who had their mother ripped away from them at 12 years old is gonna have deep feelings about motherhood specifically. I think it's very far-fetched to twist this into a sexist narrative.

"Is he less compassionate than Meghan is towards their son?" I don't know, you tell me You're the one that argues their message indicates that fatherhood is somehow less important than motherhood, not me or the Sussexes.

And unless Meghan doesn't identify as a woman anymore, she isn't portrayed as the recipient as the text explicitly says "I am my mother's son". So following your logic, is it also offensive to Doria that it doesn't say "We are our mothers' children"?

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry, sussex