The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All male offspring in direct line gets a title when they marry. Not the minor Royals, not the ladies, but the males do. Has always be done that way and is not connected to being "working Royals". Edward, AFAIK, was not considered to be a future "Working Royal" and still got his titles.

Edward might have received a title - but never used it in business he was only ever Edward Windsor, on all things from contracts, to business cards.

That was his choice. It doesn't have to be Harry's or anybody else's in the BRF. And it was in the days before SM started demanded that those in the public eye do it their way or else! Faced with demands about his life from keyboard warriors he didn't know, Edward may well have used his styling as HIS choice.

Clevr Blends looks like a down-to-earth, holistic-minded and smart mail order start-up. From their website 'story' blurb, the company started out making oat milk lattes via operating out of a van traveling through parts of California. They caught on with a contingent of customers, and then they decided to work on developing their mostly caffeine-free, oat milk home blends for mail order purchase.

I might try the Matcha and Golden latte packs. The frother is included in the special two-pack order. Because there has been an increase in sales on their website, orders are not expected to ship until January. Orders with frother won't ship until late January. They will also begin offering international shipments in January.

This is a fascinating investment by Meghan. Yet it is very much in line with her interests in food, ethical brands, holistic practices, advocacy for women, and her overall belief in the motto: "Lift while you climb." (That's one of the inspirational words of wisdom Meghan once shared on her original Instagram).

Meghan was a hard-working achiever, successful actor, entrepreneur, and humanitarian (not to mention a millionaire) prior to meeting Prince Harry. This current investment is very much in keeping with the enterprising and caring person she has always been.

Last edited:
This is a fascinating investment by Meghan. Yet it is very much in line with her interests in food, ethical brands, holistic practices, advocacy for women, and her overall belief in the motto: "Lift while you climb." (That's one of the inspirational words of wisdom Meghan once shared on her original Instagram).

No one has a problem with her investing her money. No one even has a problem with her shilling the products of a company she's invested in (though expecting anyone to pay $2/serving for a drink they have to make themselves is rather tone-deaf, to put it mildly). What people have a problem with is her trying to frame it as charity, which it stopped being the moment she became entitled to a cut of the profits. If she wants to put her celebrity friends up to hawking her wares on social media, she and they should be honest about her personal financial stake in those products. There's a reason she didn't ask Oprah to include to include that information in her video, and that's because people would perceive Oprah trying to make money for Meghan as incredibly tacky - which it is. Shady advertising practices don't stop being shady just because someone else is being "lifted while she climbs," no matter how nice that person is or how good their products might be.

This is an interesting debate. How do other royal families do this? Maybe we should have a thread on royal ethics?

I wonder if there's a British/non British difference here?

They simply have jobs and everyone accepts they got that job in part because of who they are and who they know. Just like plenty of other people out there. My father being one of them or some people at work. They still need to prove their worth when on the job.

Same for the Sussexes. They may have gotten this chance because of who they are, they still need to prove they are worth it.

Clevr Blends looks like a down-to-earth, holistic-minded and smart mail order start-up. From their website 'story' blurb, the company started out making oat milk lattes via operating out of a van traveling through parts of California. They caught on with a contingent of customers, and then they decided to work on developing their mostly caffeine-free, oat milk home blends for mail order purchase.

I might try the Matcha and Golden latte packs. The frother is included in the special two-pack order. Because there has been an increase in sales on their website, orders are not expected to ship until January. Orders with frother won't ship until late January. They will also begin offering international shipments in January.

Meghan was a hard-working achiever, successful actor, entrepreneur, and humanitarian (not to mention a millionaire) prior to meeting Prince Harry. This current investment is very much in keeping with the enterprising and caring person she has always been.

I actually think the company will live to regret the association. It is bringing unwelcomed attention on the company.

Clevr is not a women owned company. It is co-owned by a man, which appears to have been brushed out for the benefit of PR. A number of Newspapers are actually asking for his exact involvement, as he is still listed, as co- owner, co - founder and co- CEO of the organization. If they have received any money as a "female - fronted " company they are in serious trouble. They source their raw material from India and China and claim it is ethically done. That is impossible - many business owners will tell you anything from China and India can never be 100 % verified , not even 50 % verified as ethical. So yep, child labour, unfair working practices ect. The claims about the holist health benefits of the product are not verified by the FDC - they don't claim that. If anyone does - might be interesting.

I've seen statements like this a lot about how Meghan is reportedly worth $5 million without explanations about how she became a millionaire. Claire Foy was paid $40,000 per episode on The Crown, one of the most expensive TV series ever made, and she was the main character who appeared in all episodes in series 1 and 2. Yet Meghan, who was a side character on a show filmed in Canada and doesn't even appeared on many episodes, managed to get paid $50,000 per episode on Suits. Sorry, I simply don't believe that claim, especially when she has no records of owning assets like a house or a car in Toronto. While she did have her own website to merch stuff as well as having a collaboration with Reitmans, it's not enough to make her worth $5 million. If she DID own millions, it's probably from the divorce settlement with her ex-husband.

They simply have jobs and everyone accepts they got that job in part because of who they are and who they know. Just like plenty of other people out there. My father being one of them or some people at work. They still need to prove their worth when on the job.

Same for the Sussexes. They may have gotten this chance because of who they are, they still need to prove they are worth it.

Yep - it is a very thin line. And one that was debated in a never ending circle in BP and outside of it.
Royals, regardless of their line in success, or rank, will be seen as been advantaged due to their position. The received the best education or had access to all the greatest opportunities. So regardless of what they do they will be nailed for it - point in case: Earl Snowdon - who is still a furniture designer.
The thing is we will never know that if is was born Joe Soap where he would be in live. However much of his "talent" is due to his circumstance and opportunity affording it - it is impossible to say.
Been a royal and been an ex - royal opens doors and even if they say they are not taking the free ride - they are sometimes completely unaware of the journey of normal people to recognize it. Royals and lets say rich people have a very lubricated existence. Money and Status provide opportunity. In a world where a lot of people say use what you got to get ahead, they don't mind. You have the body use it. But when the status is a class system - you have hit a wall in the UK, not everywhere, but definitely in the UK. Even actors that are educated in public schools hid the fact. People with posh accents change it to get jobs. American's might not see a problem - UK and UK influenced areas will.
That been said - There is a code of Ethics that the royals have. I would not be surprised now if they have to sign contracts with the Queen. Normally if they break it - the Queen, or Charles comes down on them. Harry and Meghan appears to have free reign.

Last edited:
I've seen statements like this a lot about how Meghan is reportedly worth $5 million without explanations about how she became a millionaire. Claire Foy was paid $40,000 per episode on The Crown, one of the most expensive TV series ever made, and she was the main character who appeared in all episodes in series 1 and 2. Yet Meghan, who was a side character on a show filmed in Canada and doesn't even appeared on many episodes, managed to get paid $50,000 per episode on Suits. Sorry, I simply don't believe that claim, especially when she has no records of owning assets like a house or a car in Toronto. While she did have her own website to merch stuff as well as having a collaboration with Reitmans, it's not enough to make her worth $5 million. If she DID own millions, it's probably from the divorce settlement with her ex-husband.

That's interesting. I have wondered too how well off Meghan was, when her only serious acting job was in a show filmed in Canada which was not a big popular success like Friends.

I actually think the company will live to regret the association. It is bringing unwelcomed attention on the company.

Clevr is not a women owned company. It is co-owned by a man, which appears to have been brushed out for the benefit of PR. A number of Newspapers are actually asking for his exact involvement, as he is still listed, as co- owner, co - founder and co- CEO of the organization. If they have received any money as a "female - fronted " company they are in serious trouble. They source their raw material from India and China and claim it is ethically done. That is impossible - many business owners will tell you anything from China and India can never be 100 % verified , not even 50 % verified as ethical. So yep, child labour, unfair working practices ect. The claims about the holist health benefits of the product are not verified by the FDC - they don't claim that. If anyone does - might be interesting.

:previous: Thank you for pointing these out!
Btw, the guy name is Coppola, I wonder if this is any connection to the famous Coppola?

Also, they only donate 1% of their revenue.. 1%!, even if they sale 2000 units a month, that's about $550 (give or take) that's very little imo.

In Addition, there have been questions on whether they stole the idea and their looks (both package and the PR pics on their IG) from a black women owned company located in NYC that sales the same products just in different flavors.

On top of that, I have non white friends who questioned why after talking about uplifting and supporting black people, and taking on racism as one of her issues, would she not make a black owned company her first investment.

Not to mention the tone deftness of talking about food hunger, and only a day later announcing you have invested in a brand that is the epitome of opulence privilege tone deftness.

It is her right to invest in whatever company she wants, but personally I think this is a bad look and bad financial move (but I also don't think she invested that much money and that this may be more of a IG influencer plugging brand kind of deal. than your average investment.

Also, the Fortune article said they have been in business for a couple of years? but have been self invested (so their own cash plus family assistance plus loans?) which makes me wonder: why has no other investor been interested at investing in them?

Let's just say, for a 1 hour CABLE drama SAG current fee is about $8K per episode.
The only way I can see her being a millionaire is if she smartly invested in crypto coin or the stock market- not impossible. But I feel like if she had she would have owned a lot more designer clothes, and had a better car (she had a KIA) and would have lived in a more luxurious area of Toronto.
And most of the people I know who are invested really well! always buy a house/condo and use the interest to pay it back.

So yea, maybe she was worth a single million, maybe.

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you for pointing these out!
Btw, the guy name is Coppola, I wonder if this is any connection to the famous Coppola?

Also, they only donate 1% of their revenue.. 1%!, even if they sale 2000 units a month, that's about $550 (give or take) that's very little imo.

In Addition, there have been questions on whether they stole the idea and their looks (both package and the PR pics on their IG) from a black women owned company located in NYC that sales the same products just in different flavors.

On top of that, I have non white friends who questioned why after talking about uplifting and supporting black people, and taking on racism as one of her issues, would she not make a black owned company her first investment.

Not to mention the tone deftness of talking about food hunger, and only a day later announcing you have invested in a brand that is the epitome of opulence privilege tone deftness.

It is her right to invest in whatever company she wants, but personally I think this is a bad look and bad financial move (but I also don't think she invested that much money and that this may be more of a IG influencer plugging brand kind of deal. than your average investment.

Also, the Fortune article said they have been in business for a couple of years? but have been self invested (so their own cash plus family assistance plus loans?) which makes me wonder: why has no other investor been interested at investing in them?

That was the bit I really didn't like. One minute you're on CNN being "Duchessy" and official talking about real problems and thanking Key workers etc and pretty much straight after your billionaire friend posts a video of herself opening your product placement without mentioning that. It's at best incredibly awkward and worst a deliberate attempt to boost sales by being piously "royal".

The company itself is ok, although you bet you're ass many media outlets are going to be fact checking every claim as above, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary for what it is. There are a lot of start up brands like it charging a lot of money for promising the earth in health benefits and salving peoples' social conscience by saying they're 100% verified as perfect (which is impossible as pointed out), walk into any health food store and there are aisles of them. Obviously Meghan chose this one and she can invest where she wants but how she's promoted it so far is questionable.

For the Sussexes to be able to land the deals they have landed IMO is not solely about any 'royal' status. It has more to do with the value of their individual and collective talents. Harry and Meghan both have an impressive background in developing successful humanitarian projects that have benefited people in need. If we were to ask the CEOs of Netflix, Spotify, and even Time magazine, I'm quite sure they would give reasons other than M&H's 'royal' connections as to why they have invested in this high profile couple. The Sussexes already have a proven track record of successful creation and engagement in a variety of worthy endeavors. But sure, with these recent deals, they will have more to prove.

Part of the Sussexes' appeal surely has to do with their worldwide fan base who have donated thousands of dollars to a number of charities supported by M&H, including Camfed, WellChild, Save the Children, and most recently Invictus (a one-day fundraising drive last week garnered over $20,000 to support military veterans). Several months ago over $129,000 was raised for Camfed (to fund university education for young women in Africa). To acknowledge this effort, M&H matched the amount that was raised with an additional $130,000 donation to Camfed:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pri...pRxPMQu89hlWUKOol-X-HWAVXnOAdsvmPBbuRY6JS9CDQ

Overall, the beneficial work Meghan & Harry have both accomplished is measurable and well-known. To name just a few: Sentebale, Invictus, Endeavour Awards, HeadFit (all created by Harry), plus his work with CamFed and WellChild, et al; Meghan: UN Women, One World (Meghan helped work on a clean water - community well water - project in Rwanda), Myna Mahila (Meghan wrote an article for Time magazine to raise awareness about this charity, in addition to providing personal support), SmartWorks initiatives, Hubb Community Kitchen's Together Cookbook, guest editing British Vogue's Forces for Change 9/19 edition which highlighted a number of important charitable groups, in addition to the focus on women enacting change in a number of fields; as well, Meghan's entrepreneurial success with The Tig, her two capsule clothing collections for Reitmans, and her advocacy on behalf of animals, which led to her Mayhew patronage. Meghan also famously lent public support to the jeans brand, Huit Denim, which helped grow the company during a difficult time, aiding much needed job expansion for the people of Cardigan, Wales. An entire documentary was made about this welcome boost Huit Denim and the surrounding community received. Meghan & Harry have also engaged in hands-on volunteer work for a number of charitable organizations in Los Angeles, which helped raise awareness and donations for these groups.

Honestly, I doubt this recent investment in Clevr Blends by Meghan is necessarily going to be a source of huge income for her. The exact terms of the investment have not been revealed. Plus, this might be only one of the investments Meghan has been involved with, as per the wording in articles implies there may be other women-owned businesses she has financially supported. In any case, there's nothing wrong with making money, spreading wealth with others, and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

FWIW, the ethical part of the Clevr Blends brand has to do with the company's focus on actively participating in community wellbeing and advocacy for food justice. One of the organizations the company is collaborating with is El Centro SB, a group that supports regional aid and community resilience. These details are provided on the company's website and in some of the articles reporting on Meghan's investment.
https://www.clevrblends.com/pages/ourstory

Last edited:
That was the bit I really didn't like. One minute you're on CNN being "Duchessy" and official talking about real problems and thanking Key workers etc and pretty much straight after your billionaire friend posts a video of herself opening your product placement without mentioning that. It's at best incredibly awkward and worst a deliberate attempt to boost sales by being piously "royal".

The.
This is why the wrokng RF dont engage in business. If Meghan would be straight up and say " Im a businesswoman, Im here to earn a living"... and just gave donations to charity like any other rich person does (at least we hope they do) or went to a few events and promoted the odd charity in a quiet way, it wound't be so bad.. but the way they are doing it ( as witnessed by that awkward event in November of standing in a miltiary cemetery) seems to show that they are trying to keep up the royal connextion and act like they are still full time royals and their work is all about helping people...

. . If we were to ask the CEOs of Netflix, Spotify, and even Time magazine, I'm quite sure they would give reasons other than M&H's 'royal' connections as to why they have invested in this high profile couple.

The fact that Netflix and Spotify announced deals with "the Duke and Duchess of Sussex" rather than "Harry and Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor" suggests to me that the couple is basically cashing in on their royal brand (not necessarily "royal connections"). And it also confirms to me that has been Meghan's "business plan" from the start.

A team of people (over 25 people) set up Sentabale and currently run it - Harry's name is on it , yes . But directly physical contribution, sorry it is over his head. This is in no way different to how most royal projects work. Royals may have some involvement, but set up the charity and its running - nope. Sentabale was already ready to go when he was asked to join. It really should have gone to William, it was offered to him first.
The Invictus games as well - there are a number world wide such programmes and yes - many people. Harry is just the figure head. And personally I feel that this will be the first patronage to leave Harry in the future.
I am also concerned when people talk about Meghan at the UN. I know as a former lobbyist that every Tom, Dick and Harry and BTS member can speak at the UN. They have their own TV channel. One World was created in the 70's and anyone can join. Many people have gone to various African countries to work see the work of the organization. You can too if you have the money to fund your trip, as that is how it works. A number of celebrities of various levels - mostly low level celebrities (youtube influences) have worked with them. Meghan was just a name in the grain for them.
Furthermore, no celebrity or royal involvement is tangible. Yes the Sussex Squad raised money for causes - but if the Sussex's weren't there who is to say that they wouldn't have send the money to other charities and such. People who donate, usually donate regardless of celebrity involvement. Emotional donation might spike due to social media but is is constant donation and voluntarism that is really needed to be encouraged.

I thought that Sentabele was Harry's own idea.. not that he's a full time worker for them but that it was out of his head.

https://www.nickiswift.com/162785/how-much-money-is-meghan-markle-really-worth/

Meghan was a full-fledged member of the Suits ensemble cast. Of course, Patrick J. Adams, Gabriel Macht, and Gina Torres were the main stars of the original cast. But Meghan, Rick Hoffman, and Sarah Rafferty were important members of the main cast from the beginning of the series. So no, Meghan was not a 'side' character on Suits. Meghan appeared in practically every episode in some capacity. There was an ongoing 'love' interest story between her character and Patrick J. Adams' character throughout the series.

The above article states that Meghan reportedly made $50,000 per Suits episode for a total of approximately $450,000 annually. She was on the show for seven seasons, so surely she received a pay increase over the years of the production's moderate, but significant success. For a small, very brief role as a bartender in the Robert Pattinson film, Remember Me, Meghan earned $187,000. She also had small or featured roles in a number of other films and television shows. Plus, she starred in two Hallmark romance flicks, filmed in Vancouver. She also did modeling work for hair, fashion and beauty brands and publications.

Meghan still receives royalties (or residuals) for Suits episodes and for all of her other onscreen work that is still being aired or sold on DVD. That can amount to a substantial annual income. Meghan also has a business accounting firm that has handled financial investments for her over the years to help grow her income. But there hasn't been any confirmed reports of Meghan's exact wealth/ total assets.

Not everyone who makes a lot of money decides to purchase a house and/or a car. Meghan rented her Toronto townhome, and she probably utilized a car service provided by the studio to get to work. They often filmed episodes overnight.

It's been reported in biographies of Meghan that she returned her engagement ring to her former husband, and didn't request a financial settlement, as she was making plenty of money on Suits. The Tig blog and Meghan's contract with Reitmans also netted her substantial income.

Last edited:
Edward might have received a title - but never used it in business he was only ever Edward Windsor, on all things from contracts, to business cards.

As if this would change things! Plus he used Edward Wessex as well as Windsor.

During his television career, the Prince used the names Edward Windsor and, later, Edward Wessex, leading "The Guardian", for one, to refer to him as "the Edward formerly known as Prince". [http://www.guardian.co.uk/leaders/story/0,,288894,00.html "The Guardian" "Wessex Prince... Or Having Your Cake and Eating it", 22 June 1999.

However, he was accused in the media of using his Royal connections for personal and business gain.

My comment:

So what news is there? The exactly same happened to Edward and finally he went back into the Royal fold. As long as the media and the Royal followers don't let Harry forget he was a Royal prince, he will always be accused of using something he has no control over (for he simply is the son of the future king of the UK) to do business.

Harry has never said he wanted to be Harry Mountbatten-Windsor, which isn't his surname anyway. Nor has he ever demanded that others call him HRH or Prince.
It isn't his surname? Then what is it? :confused:

A team of people (over 25 people) set up Sentabale and currently run it - Harry's name is on it , yes . But directly physical contribution, sorry it is over his head. This is in no way different to how most royal projects work. Royals may have some involvement, but set up the charity and its running - nope. Sentabale was already ready to go when he was asked to join. It really should have gone to William, it was offered to him first.
The Invictus games as well - there are a number world wide such programmes and yes - many people. Harry is just the figure head. And personally I feel that this will be the first patronage to leave Harry in the future.
I am also concerned when people talk about Meghan at the UN. I know as a former lobbyist that every Tom, Dick and Harry and BTS member can speak at the UN. They have their own TV channel. One World was created in the 70's and anyone can join. Many people have gone to various African countries to work see the work of the organization. You can too if you have the money to fund your trip, as that is how it works. A number of celebrities of various levels - mostly low level celebrities (youtube influences) have worked with them. Meghan was just a name in the grain for them.
Furthermore, no celebrity or royal involvement is tangible. Yes the Sussex Squad raised money for causes - but if the Sussex's weren't there who is to say that they wouldn't have send the money to other charities and such. People who donate, usually donate regardless of celebrity involvement. Emotional donation might spike due to social media but is is constant donation and voluntarism that is really needed to be encouraged.

"Sentabale was already ready to go when he was asked to join. It really should have gone to William, it was offered to him first."
:ohmy: This is new.. to me anyway.

Somehow I doubt members of the squad would have donated to those specific charities (many of whom have been major orgs with a big wealthy backers already). And there has already been two times, that I know of, where they @ the charities in a major tantrum when it failed to mention the squad or even thank them publicly for doing a fundraiser.

I thought that Sentabele was Harry's own idea.. not that he's a full time worker for them but that it was out of his head.

Sorry - the project was one of many social projects directed at AIDS in Southern Africa. One of the original considered patrons of the organization was Princess Diana. There are sister organization in several South African provinces and in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Namibia. They were split up as many people wanted to invest directly in a specific region and the UN was worried about corruption in some areas. Harry was in Lesotho for several UK foreign aid projects. Including the building of a school and hospital wing. Sad to say neither are standing - I would love some foreign aid to rebuild, but no foreign aid anymore - not for a while at least. Maybe I should write him a letter.

It isn't his surname? Then what is it? :confused:
Yes it is Mountbatten Windsor nad if he were in a situation where he needed to use his legal surname, that's what he would use. Royals often use their titles as informal surnames, such as "Eugenie York".. or when H was in the army he was "Harry Wales" but his legal surname, is M Windsor.

Sorry - the project was one of many social projects directed at AIDS in Southern Africa. One of the original considered patrons of the organization was Princess Diana. There are sister organization in several South African provinces and in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Namibia. They were split up as many people wanted to invest directly in a specific region and the UN was worried about corruption in some areas. Harry was in Lesotho for several UK foreign aid projects. Including the building of a school and hospital wing. Sad to say neither are standing - I would love some foreign aid to rebuild, but no foreign aid anymore - not for a while at least. Maybe I should write him a letter.

Surely Sentabele didn't appear until some years after Di's death? I dont recall hearing anyting about it until Harry was about 20 or so and I understood that he'd set it up with the aid of another prince from Africa I think as a memorial to his mother.

Well, Sentebale was an early project of Harry's after his gap year, and Prince Seiko of Lesotho has often spoken of it coming from both he and Harry having lost their mother at an early age. I remember the early years distinctly, and there was no mention of it being a project of William's. In fact he didn't visit Lesotho until he later went With a film crew accompanying his brother.

The organisation speaks of Prince Seiko and Harry's beginning the charity in their names on their Home Page.

https://sentebale.org/who-we-are/

Similarly, Harry went back to the UK with the idea for an international competition for maimed and wounded soldiers after seeing a similar US based contest for Wounded Wartiors in the US.

He was already involved on treks with maimed ex service personnel to the North and South Poles, and with vet organisations so that was an extension of it. That others thought of the Invictus Games first is completely incorrect.

Last edited:
The fact that Netflix and Spotify announced deals with "the Duke and Duchess of Sussex" rather than "Harry and Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor" suggests to me that the couple is basically cashing in on their royal brand (not necessarily "royal connections"). And it also confirms to me that has been Meghan's "business plan" from the start.

As someone else already mentioned, Prince Harry was born a prince. It's part of who he is. But it's who he has become on his own merit that garners him respect and Netflix/Spotify deals. Meghan did not grow up in a wealthy family, but she lived a fairly privileged childhood, receiving an excellent education at The Little Red Schoolhouse, St. Mary's (middle school & high school), and prestigious Northwestern University.

Meghan has always worked hard and given back throughout her life. Believing in herself and never giving up is how she landed the lucrative and life-changing role in Suits that brought her to Toronto, where she made friends and developed connections that coincidentally and fatefully led to her meeting Prince Harry. The rest is history-in-the-making.

To each their own views and opinions. Happy Holidays everyone!

"Sentabale was already ready to go when he was asked to join. It really should have gone to William, it was offered to him first."
:ohmy: This is new.. to me anyway.

Somehow I doubt members of the squad would have donated to those specific charities (many of whom have been major orgs with a big wealthy backers already). And there has already been two times, that I know of, where they @ the charities in a major tantrum when it failed to mention the squad or even thank them publicly for doing a fundraiser.

Yep - it is difficult to judge . But basically this is what happens. And you can use any large scale event - Live Aid for example.
Most people who donate, donate as part of their religion or consider it their morale duty. That is roughly 7% of the UK pop, regular donate to charities ie. not their church or mosque. They either do this monthly or yearly. Monthly is what aid workers want. It is a guaranteed steady income. Yearly - it will be less, and more inconsistent as it will go the charity with the biggest bandwagon. So you want to donate some money at the end of the year - you look at what you are interested in or what you think needs the most funds or what is a worth cause. You see the Sentable and it ticks all the boxes, do an internet check and see that it had received money due to Harry and Megan and the Sussex squad and think well they probably dont need my money and place it elsewhere. So the price of the twitter appeal will be several years of people passing it by on regular donations.

Same with Live Aid - we got millions from one event that year but lost millions for several years to come on basic donations. And now when you try to raise money for African Food Project people say what happened to the money Bono raised for you.

Social media and TV emotionally appeals work well with immediate and short terms problems - corona, hurricanes, tsanami's ect. Not long term problems, food and water sovereignty, human rights, health care ect.

Donation fatigue is a real thing and people should be encourages to donate month or simply drop their small change into the tins for any charity, they all need the money.

https://www.nickiswift.com/162785/how-much-money-is-meghan-markle-really-worth/

Meghan was a full-fledged member of the Suits ensemble cast. Of course, Patrick J. Adams, Gabriel Macht, and Gina Torres were the main stars of the original cast. But Meghan, Rick Hoffman, and Sarah Rafferty were important members of the main cast from the beginning of the series. So no, Meghan was not a 'side' character on Suits. Meghan appeared in practically every episode in some capacity. There was an ongoing 'love' interest story between her character and Patrick J. Adams' character throughout the series.

The above article states that Meghan reportedly made $50,000 per Suits episode for a total of approximately $450,000 annually. She was on the show for seven seasons, so surely she received a pay increase over the years of the production's moderate, but significant success. For a small, very brief role as a bartender in the Robert Pattinson film, Remember Me, Meghan earned $187,000. She also had small or featured roles in a number of other films and television shows. Plus, she starred in two Hallmark romance flicks, filmed in Vancouver. She also did modeling work for hair, fashion and beauty brands and publications.

Meghan still receives royalties (or residuals) for Suits episodes and for all of her other onscreen work that is still being aired or sold on DVD. That can amount to a substantial annual income. Meghan also has a business accounting firm that has handled financial investments for her over the years to help grow her income. But there hasn't been any confirmed reports of Meghan's exact wealth/ total assets.

Not everyone who makes a lot of money decides to purchase a house and/or a car. Meghan rented her Toronto flat, and she probably utilized a car service provided by the studio to get to work. They often filmed episodes overnight.

It's been reported in biographies of Meghan that she returned her engagement ring to her former husband, and didn't request a financial settlement, as she was making plenty of money on Suits. The Tig blog and Meghan's contract with Reitmans also netted her substantial income.

I'm sorry but all of these numbers incredibly inflated are inaccurate.

An unknown actress like Meghan (this movie was made before Suits!) would not get 100K for a minor role in a low budget indie movie (how many total minutes is she even in the movie?), I mean she's not even listed in the main cast list at Wikipedia, so i'm guessing 5 minutes, maybe 10 - out of 120 minutes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(2010_film)#Cast
She likely made scale, maybe a bit more because Trevor was a producer, given how small her role was.

As an unknown actress with very little to her resume let alone any noteworthy parts, Meghan would not make more than scale (which as I previously noted have just been updated to about 8.5K per episode- meaning it was less than that in 2011) for being the last billed on a barely known show in a minor cable channel.
Even her costars would likely not have made much more than scale (except Gina Torres and the guy who played the characters called Louis(?), but they both had a strong and long body of work long before Suits)
The amount of time she was per episode was not alot - from what I could tell her time averaged at 5 -10 minutes an episode, she does of course now gets syndication percentage (I believe it is around 3 to 5% I will need to double check on the SAG website), and I do remember that is based on how many minutes an actor is on screen and the percentage is calculated from the amount they got per episode. I know the show is on Netflix, but I would be surprised to learn they have a higher viewer number than 1mil (and even than I am inflating a bit.

Add in paying taxes in two countries than fees to her Agent, lawyer, accounted, PR!!, people like Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne (who does not come cheap).
And if memory serves me right, when Suits was not filming she had to pay rent from her own pocket.

I am sorry but Meghan was not a millionaire - the only way she was is if she invested in the stock market - and even than the market only sky rocketed in the last three to four years! before that it was raising but very slowly, and if she did her money would be tied up in stocks, she would need to cash in to actually be considered a millionaire.
And yes, I have yet to see an actor who make it big enough to make big money (I mean big enough to become a millionaire) and not buy even a small house as a safety net in case they never get an acting job ever again, at least the smart ones do.

Last edited:
Surely Sentabele didn't appear until some years after Di's death? I dont recall hearing anyting about it until Harry was about 20 or so and I understood that he'd set it up with the aid of another prince from Africa I think as a memorial to his mother.

At the age of 18, Harry met Prince Seeiso in Lesotho.* There Harry learned about the plight of poor orphaned children, many infected with AIDS or HIV. There are several documentaries available on YouTube (filmed by Tom Bradby) about Harry's work in Africa. The films fully explain his journey from lost young man to humanitarian. It was in Lesotho and Botswana that Harry began to gain a sense of purpose and to begin placing his grief over his mother's death into manageable perspective.

Harry formed a friendship with Prince Seeiso, and together they created Sentebale (which means 'Forget-me-not'), in memory of both their mothers. Harry was nearly 19 at the time. Prince Charles had suggested to Harry that he wait until he was older and that he should graduate from Sandhurst first. But Harry was determined to waste no time in creating the charity because he felt so strongly about helping the needy children and the community. The development of the Royal Foundation in 2009 was in large part a joint effort by Harry & William to help Harry raise funds for Sentebale. Of course, other charitable projects supported by each brother either jointly or individually were later included under the RF umbrella.

* Eventually, the work of Sentebale which began in Lesotho was expanded to include assistance for needy children and young people in Botswana and Malawi.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but all of these numbers incredibly inflated are inaccurate.

An unknown actress like Meghan (this movie was made before Suits!) would not get 100K for a minor role in a low budget indie movie (how many total minutes is she even in the movie?), I mean she's not even listed in the main cast list at Wikipedia, so i'm guessing 5 minutes, maybe 10 - out of 120 minutes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(2010_film)#Cast
She likely made scale, maybe a bit more because Trevor was a producer, given how small her role was.

As an unknown actress with very little to her resume let alone any noteworthy parts, Meghan would not make more than scale (which as I previously noted have just been updated to about 8.5K per episode- meaning it was less than that in 2011) for being the last billed on a barely known show in a minor cable channel.
Even her costars would likely not have made much more than scale (except Gina Torres and the guy who played the characters called Louis(?), but they both had a strong and long body of work long before Suits)
The amount of time she was per episode was not alot - from what I could tell her time averaged at 5 -10 minutes an episode, she does of course now gets syndication percentage (I believe it is around 3 to 5% I will need to double check on the SAG website), and I do remember that is based on how many minutes an actor is on screen and the percentage is calculated from the amount they got per episode. I know the show is on Netflix, but I would be surprised to learn they have a higher viewer number than 1mil (and even than I am inflating a bit.

Add in paying taxes in two countries than fees to her Agent, lawyer, accounted, PR!!, people like Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne (who does not come cheap).

I am sorry but Meghan was nowhere near a millionaire- the only way she was is if she invested in the stock market.
And yes, I have yet to see an actor who make it big enough to make big money (I mean big enough to become a millionaire) and not buy even a small house as a safety net in case they never get an acting job ever again, at least the smart ones do.
I dobut she was a millionaire.. I think she made a decent living but as you say, most actors who are starting out, who get a break, want to buy a home so that at least they have a roof over their heads.. so it is pretty surprising if Meg didn't buy a little place to live in. She could have gotten a mortgage and bought a small property in LA.. she didn't know she was going to be so lucky as to meet Harry.

With reference to Harry's surname (He has never used Mountbatten Windsor privately or publicly.

https://www.royal.uk/royal-family-name

'...that The Queen's descendants, OTHER than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor.'

Harry still has his HRH (which he doesn't use commercially) and has the title of Prince.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom