The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 09-23-2020, 11:52 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 567
On a side note, Meghan gave an encouragement message to Archie Williams, a contestant (singer) on America's Got Talent
America’s Got Talent Finale Tonight! @AGT
No one, not even @Archieisfree, expected a special message from Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex!
12:01 PM · Sep 24, 2020·Twitter Media Studio
https://twitter.com/AGT/status/1308949767678906369
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-24-2020, 12:01 AM
Rayal's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Liberty, Missouri, United States
Posts: 59
Here in America we are hurting over several serious issues and it has been a painful spring and summer. My generation known as the 'baby boomers' are also known as the 'silent majority'. So when we see rioting, looting, and murder by criminals we have a tendency to admire people who speak out against injustices such as 'hate speech' which is directed at minorities. We are proud to have him and Meghan here as they have proven that they are decent people and genuinely care about all people. Its America, this is what is done here whether other countries like it or not. We say what we mean and we mean what we say. Most of us here want decency to return...so yes...get out and vote.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-24-2020, 12:07 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,112
When Mr Trump said at the News Conference that he; " wished Harry a lot of luck because he's going to need it." My first thought was --- given the Presidents history of retaliation towards people he doesn't like, I wonder if he has plans to send Harry home, or something like that.
Or it may be something completely inoccuous.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 333
I have the feeling Harry is not the brightest light also he can be lead around by the nose with little resistance sad really. He was happy in the Military maybe he should have stayed in ,he now would have served almost 20 years., with his fellow Soldiers he had a sense of belonging, he felt he was one of them. He always was kind of lost and he still is. Since his married he has changed a lot, but not for the better.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-24-2020, 12:17 AM
Lady Daly's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sherwood, United States
Posts: 483
The most recent flair up on this thread appears to originate from this tweet. https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCNetwor...97449028640769

This is an original tweet put out by ABC tv network, not a retweet, covering several recipients of Time Magazine's annual 100 most influential people around the world.
TIME will host 2020 TIME100 honorees for a special three-part series of consecutive TIME100 Talks, TIME’s series of virtual conversations that convenes influential leaders across fields to encourage cross-disciplinary action toward a better world. This series of TIME100 Talks will air on September 23, 24 and 25 on Time.com and across TIME’s social media platforms.
https://time.com/5892299/time100-tal...ies-2020-list/

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are just part of the TIME100 Talks and were highlighted on ABC's twitter account. Individually, Meghan and Harry were named in the TIME 100 2018 list. https://time.com/collection/most-inf...l-people-2018/.

At the beginning of the video featuring the Duke and Duchess of Sussex it explains that they were named to the TIME100 in 2018. Harry goes on to thank Time Magazine for including them in this year's virtual launch. He also says this: "When the bad outweighs the good, for many, whether we realize it or not, it outweighs our ability to have compassion and put ourselves in someone elses shoes. Because when one person buys into negativity online the effects are felt exponentially. It's time not only to reflect but act". Megan then continues to highlight "today is National Voter Registration Day".

Yesterday, September 22, the 4th Tues in September was National Voter Registration Day in the US. I think Harry telling us he had never voted before and cannot vote in the US was informative, speaking primarily to an American audience.

Elections in the US are always important but this current presidential election coming up is most important for a number of reasons I won't go into. Let's just say we all need to vote "like our life depends upon it".

I saw no problem with this tweet, infact I thought the messaging was excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-24-2020, 01:00 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
When Mr Trump said at the News Conference that he; " wished Harry a lot of luck because he's going to need it." My first thought was --- given the Presidents history of retaliation towards people he doesn't like, I wonder if he has plans to send Harry home, or something like that.
Or it may be something completely inoccuous.
Yeah I thought Trump will try to sic immigration on Harry. Now a Trump lackey Corey Lewendowski took a shot at the Sussexes. But I'm curious as to the reporter who asked the question at the press conference. Not identified and they usually are.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-24-2020, 01:37 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Another TV appearance by the Duchess of Sussex.

This time on "America's Got Talent" -

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...0-appeareance/

Nice to see a different room of the house. I like the decor.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-24-2020, 03:09 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Another TV appearance by the Duchess of Sussex.

This time on "America's Got Talent" -

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...0-appeareance/

Nice to see a different room of the house. I like the decor.
I haven't seen much of the season but I remember watching Archie when he first auditioned. His story will stick in my mind forever. Not surprising Meghan reached out, and not because of the shared name.

In a time where America is dealing with racial tensions more then ever, and the issue of racial profiling of cops is a hot topic, Archie Williams is a living embodiment of much of that. What he has achieved after all he over came is amazing.

37 years of his life lost to prison for a crime he didn't commit.

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-24-2020, 05:12 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Peterborough, Canada
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Another TV appearance by the Duchess of Sussex.

This time on "America's Got Talent" -

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...0-appeareance/

Nice to see a different room of the house. I like the decor.


Sun Lion, you say so much in so few words.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-24-2020, 05:49 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,288
Trump thinks Ghislaine Maxwell is a lovely woman and roots for her. He also does not like Meghan. I think Meghan is just fine with that.

Archie William — quite the story. My guess they were introduced to it and got hooked. I wish him all the luck I too. Unbelievable journey.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-24-2020, 08:15 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
My first gut reaction was that Harry is turning into Meghan's parrot. It happens when one person in the marriage is a leader and the other is a follower. Dominant/recessive kind of thing.
Almost cringeworthy In this respect Trump is right, good luck to Harry, because he's gonna need it!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-24-2020, 08:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 745
I completely agree that everyone should vote. Every democracy had its own struggles to bring about universal suffrage, a lot of countries don't have that even now, and I find it frustrating when people don't exercise their right to vote. And, yes, there is a big problem with hate speech and "online negativity" - I'm constantly amazed and distressed by the things that even friends whom I know to be decent people will post on social media when it comes to politics.


However, I don't think Harry should be making comments about an election, or lecturing American citizens on what they should be doing.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-24-2020, 08:34 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I completely agree that everyone should vote. Every democracy had its own struggles to bring about universal suffrage, a lot of countries don't have that even now, and I find it frustrating when people don't exercise their right to vote. And, yes, there is a big problem with hate speech and "online negativity" - I'm constantly amazed and distressed by the things that even friends whom I know to be decent people will post on social media when it comes to politics.


However, I don't think Harry should be making comments about an election, or lecturing American citizens on what they should be doing.
I completely agree with you !
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-24-2020, 08:56 AM
texankitcat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I completely agree that everyone should vote. Every democracy had its own struggles to bring about universal suffrage, a lot of countries don't have that even now, and I find it frustrating when people don't exercise their right to vote. And, yes, there is a big problem with hate speech and "online negativity" - I'm constantly amazed and distressed by the things that even friends whom I know to be decent people will post on social media when it comes to politics.


However, I don't think Harry should be making comments about an election, or lecturing American citizens on what they should be doing.
No, he should not. Neither should Meghan who enjoys all the benefits of being Royal Duchess and yet shows zero respect for the institution she married into and clearly wants no part of it except for the position it gives her to promote her own agenda....politically and otherwise. She can vote for Pee Wee Herman for all I care, but I have a big problem with either of them using their positions as members of the British Royal Family to lecture US citizens during an election.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-24-2020, 09:05 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 780
it is certainly important to vote if you live in a democracy, or at least engage and spoil your ballot etc and this is an incredibly important election.

Harry and Meghan bringing up the fact that he has never voted is frustrating to me because:

1) He's not a US citizen and cannot vote in the election anyway.

2) The reason he's never voted is because of his very privileged position (which also includes access to politicians and movers and shakers to support your personal initiatives). Equating that with disenfranchisement, attempted suppression of the vote or those who have never been interested in voting before is incredibly disingenuous.

And as a personal note some supporters are now criticising other senior members of the BRF for not speaking out more on political topics (or anti Trump/government platforms) which is completely against what they are supposed to stand for and is incredibly frustrating.

And as an aside I think if in the unlikely scenario Harry came out as a US Republican (even if not enthused with Trump) then all this "he's allowed to/should speak his mind now" would disappear in an instant for obvious reasons, even though it's the same principle.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-24-2020, 09:27 AM
texankitcat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
it is certainly important to vote if you live in a democracy, or at least engage and spoil your ballot etc and this is an incredibly important election.

Harry and Meghan bringing up the fact that he has never voted is frustrating to me because:

1) He's not a US citizen and cannot vote in the election anyway.

2) The reason he's never voted is because of his very privileged position (which also includes access to politicians and movers and shakers to support your personal initiatives). Equating that with disenfranchisement, attempted suppression of the vote or those who have never been interested in voting before is incredibly disingenuous.

And as a personal note some supporters are now criticising other senior members of the BRF for not speaking out more on political topics (or anti Trump/government platforms) which is completely against what they are supposed to stand for and is incredibly frustrating.

And as an aside I think if in the unlikely scenario Harry came out as a US Republican (even if not enthused with Trump) then all this "he's allowed to/should speak his mind now" would disappear in an instant for obvious reasons, even though it's the same principle.
You hit the nail on the head. They would be ostracized by Hollywood, the Obamas, Oprah and all the politically Liberal minded influential people they have aligned themselves with. Their minions would drop like flies. Of course there is no secret who and what they support and I could care less either way. My issue is being lectured by ANY puffed up celebrity (which is what they have become) on who or what to vote for. The fact they are using their position as members of a foreign Royal family to do this is really outrageous and dangerous IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-24-2020, 09:49 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
A breakdown of the Sussex taste - as displayed in a small corner of their Riven Rock mansion -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...a-mansion.html
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-24-2020, 09:57 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,750
I found out the reporter who asked Trump about Meghan at the press conference: Kim Scwab from the Daily Mail, the "paper" Meghan is suing. I'm more concern about a British tabloid mucking around in a US election than an American who is royal by marriage. That reporter implied to Trump Meghan endorsed Biden, knowing Trump would not discern the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-24-2020, 09:59 AM
AC21091968's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 567
Some politicians (former and backbencher) have commented on twitter

Ben Bradley retweeted Dan Wootton's video of Trump at Press Conference with an emoji of Smiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes. He is a Conservative MP for Mansfield.
https://twitter.com/BBradley_Mans/st...41754952413184


Kate Hoey (Former Labour MP for Vauxhall 1989-2019). She retweeted Ben Riley-Smith's video of Trump at Press Conference.
Kate Hoey @CatharineHoey
Whatever you think of the President this was a clever response to the question
7:28 PM · Sep 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/CatharineHoey/st...62206424784902


Nigel Farage (Leader of the Brexit Party, former leader of UKIP). He also retweeted Dan Wooton's video
Nigel Farage @Nigel_Farage
A bit of light-hearted relief.
7:19 PM · Sep 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/sta...59829604941825
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,214
Meghan can say whatever she likes, since as far as I'm concerned she is just another hypocritical celebrity who likes telling others what to do.

But Harry is a foreigner, and the election is none of his business. (I wouldn't presume to go to the UK and tell people to vote for Boris Johnson).
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 24 (6 members and 18 guests)
AC21091968, AutumnKitty, Bensgal, Rael, RJC, UglyAmerican
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: April-September 2020 JessRulz Current Events Archive 489 09-03-2020 05:10 AM
General News about the Sussex Family, Part Three: August-September 2020 JessRulz Current Events Archive 919 09-01-2020 07:59 PM
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020 JessRulz Current Events Archive 771 04-07-2020 11:20 PM




Popular Tags
abdication althorp anastasia baby names bridal gown british royal family buckingham palace chittagong clarence house diana princess of wales dna dubai duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals earl of snowdon facts future general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hill historical drama history hochberg hypothetical monarchs intro italian royal family jacobite japan jewellery list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal jewels northern ireland norway palestine pless prince dimitri princess chulabhorn walailak princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen louise queen mathilde random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown serbian royal family snowdon spencer family thailand thai royal family tips tracts uae customs united states of america unsubscribe wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×