The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if he's said that, he really is pretty stupid....

He did said it, according to this tweet released from Bob Woodruff Foundation
Bob Woodruff Foundation @Stand4Heroes
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, said it best, "Service is what happens in the quiet and the chaos." Every dollar is impactful – this year more than ever – so if you can, please #donatenow to our veterans at https://standup.bobwoodrufffoundation.org #SUFH2020 #Stand4Heroes
1:14 PM · Nov 19, 2020·Twitter Web App​

I watched the video on the Daily Mail and "Service is what happens in the quiet and the chaos." was said by Prince Harry.
I wanted to honor the legacy of these men and women who have given up so much - from time with family to birthdays missed and even births missed.

Some lost their limbs and others lost their lives. It's for that reason that I created the Invictus Games - to give injured servicemen and women a platform to excel and reaffirm their values of resilience, of community and strength, which are inherent in each and every one of us.

For the whole world, this year has been and continues to be incredibly hard,' he said. 'But we've also seen incredible resilience and purpose.

As far as I see it, service is what happens in the quiet and in the chaos. It's what happens when people aren't looking and it's about how we take care of each other every single day.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...quiet-fury-tasteless-cemetery-photoshoot.html

Last edited:
Harry was referring in that statement to his and other vets' service careers, and his devotion to that in creating the Invictus Games, in appealing for donations. The Bob Woodruff Foundation which aims to help vets, quoted it so obviously thought it was fine.

Last edited:
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, said it best, "Service is what happens in the quiet and the chaos." Every dollar is impactful – this year more than ever – so if you can, please #donatenow to our veterans at https://standup.bobwoodrufffoundation.org #SUFH2020 #Stand4Heroes

I watched the video on the Daily Mail and "Service is what happens in the quiet and the chaos." was said by Prince Harry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...quiet-fury-tasteless-cemetery-photoshoot.html
really? A man who takes a photographer with him to a private act of remembrance says that service is done quietly?

really? A man who takes a photographer with him to a private act of remembrance says that service is done quietly?

Harry performed quietly enough in his ten years of service in the armed forces and also in the chaos of war on active service.

Anyone would think that he took a hundred celebrities and a rock band with him to the LA cemetery instead of his wife and one photographer, when he left flowers on Commonwealth graves.

Harry performed quietly enough in his ten years of service in the armed forces and also in the chaos of war on active service.

Anyone would think that he took a hundred celebrities and a rock band with him to the LA cemetery instead of his wife and one photographer, when he left flowers on Commonwealth graves.

it doesn't matter how many. One photographer or 100, it was unnecessary and it is pretty stupid of him now just after that event to refer to service as being quiet and unnoticed. As I've said before yes charity and service SHOULD be done quietly, without fanfare or advertisement. Sadly, that isn't a message that resonates well in today's world.. where with some people everything trey do no matter how meaningless or trivial, winds up on social media and charity has become big business and a way of celebs getting their faces in the paper....

Charities are set up to help various sections of the community who need assistance. To give that assistance doesn't just require volunteers, but also donations. And just because people are famous doesn't automatically mean that they are insincere about helping with worthwhile causes. In fact some celebrities have given millions to charities of all types and set up their own Foundations to help others.

I don't know how these organisations are to assist those who need it if they get no publicity for their cause, and that requires public figures, whether they are well known locals, celebrities, sports people, etc or royals getting involved. How else are these charities to get donations?

Last edited:
No surprise the Daily Mail takes what Harry says out of context and spin it!

Charities are set up to help various sections of the community who need assistance. To give that assistance doesn't just require volunteers, but also donations. And just because people are famous doesn't automatically mean that they are insincere about helping with worthwhile causes. In fact some celebrities have given millions to charities of all types and set up their own Foundations to help others.

I don't know how these organisations are to assist those who need it if they get no publicity for their cause, and that requires public figures, whether they are well known locals, celebrities, sports people, etc or royals getting involved. How else are these charities to get donations?

There are always going to be people who will give large donations. and there are people who will give small donations and give their time.. which can be more valuable. I don't say all celebs are insincere about this sort of thing, but a lot of them are doing it because it is "expected" now of a rich celeb that he has some charity work that is supposed to be "giving back to the community".. and it gets him or her attention.

There are plenty of celebrities who give generously of both their time and their money and are absolutely sincere in wanting to help others.

I'm sure there are, but its expected of movie stars and music stars and so on now that they have "foundations" and "help others." So by the law of averages, many are no doubt doing it simply because its expected.

Yes, and royals also 'do it (charity work) because it is expected'. Because otherwise, even more Britons than do now would question what use exactly are they to the nation, considering the large expense to the taxpayer. And in exchange for their charity work which is certainly not fulltime, most royals are given expenses, an allowance, and often subsidised or gifted accommodation.

We don't know however, how absolutely dedicated heart and soul every Royal is to their charities. Nor do we know if they were each offered a sum like fifty million pounds and a nice villa of their own in the south of France, with no obligations to be opening a fish factory in Grimsby or a new hospital in Tumbridge Wells at which they are expected to show great interest, that any or all of them bar the Queen wouldn't choose to go off and do exactly what they wish to do, which may or may not include some charity work that they fancy occasionally.

Last edited:
Yes Im sure that many royals also do it because it is expected. Im not sure the queen wouldnt have been a lot happier if she could take off and live in the country with her horses and dogs.

okay - it looks like Harry and Meghan have started asking around for endorsement deals. Rather Sunshine Sachs is on their behalf. I cant see anything online - but PR people in America seem to think it is funny. (unsure why - trying to find out)
So Meghan and Harry want to be paid to wear specific clothes, watches and jewelry. And this might also include Archie.
I am told celebrities get better salaries this way then movies and that this is how David Beckham made a lot of his money. if there is any truth in this - looks like they have moved on to part 2 of how to make money. Don't you also have to appear in the commercial - or was this the way it was done in the 1990's. Now you just post it online or slip it to Omid?
I understand that royals have done this in the past, so they might have precedence. It is just we might have a situation where designers will be bidding to have their clothes at royal events.

This.. isn't exactly new news. It has been rumored for over two years now that Meghan has been merching.

:ohmy:
Is the quoted part the entire thing he said?
Because, at least the quoted part, was.. well that was pretty well written, so not written by Meghan, because it sounds alot like the old Harry I remember reading and hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay - it looks like Harry and Meghan have started asking around for endorsement deals. Rather Sunshine Sachs is on their behalf. I cant see anything online - but PR people in America seem to think it is funny. (unsure why - trying to find out)
So Meghan and Harry want to be paid to wear specific clothes, watches and jewelry. And this might also include Archie.
I am told celebrities get better salaries this way then movies and that this is how David Beckham made a lot of his money. if there is any truth in this - looks like they have moved on to part 2 of how to make money. Don't you also have to appear in the commercial - or was this the way it was done in the 1990's. Now you just post it online or slip it to Omid?
I understand that royals have done this in the past, so they might have precedence. It is just we might have a situation where designers will be bidding to have their clothes at royal events.

You don't necessarily have to appear in commercials - you can appear in magazine ads. Those endorsements ARE hugely lucrative.....

To me, this is unseemly.........and if Archie is involved, it's worse than that considering how Harry and Meghan keep harping about privacy (though, at this point, that's all empty words)

Does he not realise that his actions and his words contradicts each other?

Does he not realise how ridiculous and hypocritical he sound?

The answers to your questions are NO and NO.

Every time Harry opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it. He and Meghan are the living embodiment of hypocrisy; they love to tell people what they should do, but they do just the opposite.

:ohmy:
Is the quoted part the entire thing he said?
Because, at least the quoted part, was.. well that was pretty well written, so not written by Meghan, because it sounds alot like the old Harry I remember reading and hearing.

No, there are more parts to his speech that probably wasn't picked up by the press and myself :lol:.

Here is the full video of Stand Up for Heroes Comedy Festival released by the ABC News youtube channel.

Last edited:
Every time Harry opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it. He and Meghan are the living embodiment of hypocrisy; they love to tell people what they should do, but they do just the opposite.

But the beauty is, they seem to have surrounded themselves with people who are unwilling to tell them so. Lets see, perhaps they do end up making some money selling their royal brand, in which case they will feel vindicated in their actions.

But the beauty is, they seem to have surrounded themselves with people who are unwilling to tell them so. Lets see, perhaps they do end up making some money selling their royal brand, in which case they will feel vindicated in their actions.

Harry and Meghan don’t like to be told “no”, so they have deliberately surrounded themselves with “yes” people.

I’m sure they will; making money seems to be all they are about...

Harry and Meghan don’t like to be told “no”, so they have deliberately surrounded themselves with “yes” people.

I’m sure they will; making money seems to be all they are about...

They have managed to get the Netflix deal, I suppose that all depends then on how well they work on it. If they come up with good programme ideas that make money, they will do all right. But I think that all through the last few months, Meghan has been "being seen" enough that they get some coverage in the media and hopefully some admiration.

Thank you for posting the program.
It was wonderful program- Ray Romano is great, and what amazing stories of bravery. Also nice was The Boss' perfromsnce. It really was great tribute to our veterans. Kudos to Harry for participating.

The Daily Mail should be ashamed of themselves- taking Harry's words at an event like this honoring veterans out of context and misconstruing them to fit their hateful agenda. Absolutely shameful!

No, there are more parts to his speech that probably wasn't picked up by the press and myself [emoji38].

Here is the full video of Stand Up for Heroes Comedy Festival released by the ABC News youtube channel.

According to Hello, the Sussexes have moved the rest of their items out of Frogmore and shipped them to California. Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank and their growing family will be the home's new residents. I guess this explains all the talk about Frogmore being "prepared," rather than Harry returning for a visit. I'm glad that the house will be used again.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...more-cottage-meghan-markle-prince-harry-home/

This is not at all surprising to me. I suspected that when they announced that they would be "splitting their time" between North America and the UK that they would actually be spending very little time in England, and it was confirmed when they bought the mansion in Santa Barbara instead of returning to the UK when things began getting bad with COVID, and when Meghan commented on "how good it felt to finally be home" to Gloria Steinem. This just cements the fact that they will not be living in the UK again as a family.

According to Hello, the Sussexes have moved the rest of their items out of Frogmore and shipped them to California. Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank and their growing family will be the home's new residents. I guess this explains all the talk about Frogmore being "prepared," rather than Harry returning for a visit. I'm glad that the house will be used again.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...more-cottage-meghan-markle-prince-harry-home/

This is not at all surprising to me. I suspected that when they announced that they would be "splitting their time" between North America and the UK that they would actually be spending very little time in England, and it was confirmed when they bought the mansion in Santa Barbara instead of returning to the UK when things began getting bad with COVID, and when Meghan commented on "how good it felt to finally be home" to Gloria Steinem. This just cements the fact that they will not be living in the UK again as a family.

That story is leading one of the newspapers for tomorrow.
It makes sense for it to be used, after all the money spent on it. Maybe that is why they paid money back as they had no intentions of using it again.
I don't think anybody expected them to be back for any real length of time, especially when they came back in January then March without Archie, the writing was on the wall.

Do the Brooksbanks also keep Ivy Cottage as a London pad? And will Eugenie and Jack be considered responsible in the future for any refurbishments and repairs that are really the responsibility of the Sovereign Grant, and will the tabloids rise up in faux fury to slam the couple if the Sovereign Grant pays and not them? Or is that 'honour' only reserved for the Sussexes?

It's pretty clear to me that Harry and Meghan are happy and settled in their new roomy house in sunny California and don't want to live in Frogmore. Good on them!

Last edited:
So are Eugenie and Jack paying rent to Harry and Meghan? BP telling the reporters that it is still Harry and Meghan's home but a "private arrangement" was made for Eugenie and Jack. I guess they wanted them to have a bigger space and since they are not there then why not allow them to use it.

That story is leading one of the newspapers for tomorrow.
It makes sense for it to be used, after all the money spent on it. Maybe that is why they paid money back as they had no intentions of using it again.
I don't think anybody expected them to be back for any real length of time, especially when they came back in January then March without Archie, the writing was on the wall.

Glad that an agreeable arrangement has been made so that the Brooksbank family can now live at Frogmore Cottage now that the Sussexes have settled in California.

So are Eugenie and Jack paying rent to Harry and Meghan? BP telling the reporters that it is still Harry and Meghan's home but a "private arrangement" was made for Eugenie and Jack. I guess they wanted them to have a bigger space and since they are not there then why not allow them to use it.

I’m also interested to find out the answer to this. Were Harry and Meghan also responsible for the upkeep of Frogmore while they were away? I think this arrangement does make sense, Harry and Meghan seem to want to build their lives in their new home in California and with COVID it’s not like they could come and visit Frogmore anyway, so this way it’s being used. It also is a plus for Jack and Eugenie because it gives them space for their growing family.

Do the Brooksbanks also keep Ivy Cottage as a London pad? And will Eugenie and Jack be considered responsible in the future for any refurbishments and repairs that are really the responsibility of the Sovereign Grant, and will the tabloids rise up in faux fury to slam the couple if the Sovereign Grant pays and not them? Or is that 'honour' only reserved for the Sussexes?

It's pretty clear to me that Harry and Meghan are happy and settled in their new roomy house in sunny California and don't want to live in Frogmore. Good on them!

This should end any obligation from the Sussexes and I really like the idea of Eugenie and Jack (plus baby) living there. They can change whatever decor they dont care for.

As far as redurbishments..time will tell.

LaRae

I guess the next step is for H to become a citizen...

Well, as you said, it’s no surprise. I’m glad Charles has become much closer to William lately and that he’s spent more time with his family, because he’s not going to see Harry much ...and certainly not Archie.

Part of me is thinking if Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank want their child to grow up and attend school in Windsor (or other schools in the Berkshire county) rather than London, similar to how Princess Beatrice and herself (or even Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn) grew up with. I wonder if this would be same for Archie had the Sussexes decided to stay in Frogmore Cottage for a while (regardless of leaving as senior working royal). These are of course, only my thoughts and speculation.

I also wonder on what happened to Nottingham Cottage in the Kensington Palace estate. Have they completely moved out from Nottingham Cottage? Do they keep it as a London based properties? Or is it now a residence or office for palace staff?

Last edited:
I also suspect that this arrangement worked for all sides. Eugenie and Jack don't have to go looking for a place in this pandemic. Frogmore is all set up for a new family. They can live there and take their time finding something of their own with little stress.

My guess that Eugenie didn't want to be in London. Windsor allows her to be close to her grandparents and it is a slower pace. If Harry and Meghan need to pop in for a week or so, they can easily be there. Or maybe by the time they happens Eugenie and Jack will have already moved on to their future home.

At least the home is not sitting empty. The arrangement seems to work for all parties involved. And as usual, despite what we *think* we know of this family and their relationships, we really have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom