The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #501  
Old 10-07-2020, 05:10 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,617
Im a little bit confused about the whole suing news papers and saying people are picking on them ......wasn't it her own family that started all this negative press ? ..why doesn't she go after her family as well for lies ? I know the newspapers are awful, but her family didn't help matters, Not like her lovely mother who is I think comes over as a lovely woman/ Mom x
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:49 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,249
is this for real?!

https://twitter.com/markle2020

the website, MeghanForPresident.com, looks remarkably similar to the sussex one and quite official, but taking it with a grain of salt as if it was official it would be all over the british media.

the site is encouraging people to 'Vote For A Write-In Candidate'.

Quote:
Besides the names on your ballot, you may be able to write in names of other candidates. Most states let you write in votes for president, U.S. senator, and U.S. representative. They may also allow write-in votes for governor and other state offices.

Check with your state election office to find out the rules for your state. If you check using your state’s election website, enter “write-in candidates” in the search bar.

usa.gov
there's even a hashtag... #BelieveInMeghan
__________________

__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 10-07-2020, 09:10 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
is this for real?!

https://twitter.com/markle2020

the website, MeghanForPresident.com, looks remarkably similar to the sussex one and quite official, but taking it with a grain of salt as if it was official it would be all over the british media.

the site is encouraging people to 'Vote For A Write-In Candidate'.



there's even a hashtag... #BelieveInMeghan
It looks real...but, the tweets are protected, so I can’t see them....not that I’d want to. The account has no followers, so....
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 10-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Not like her lovely mother who is I think comes over as a lovely woman/ Mom x
Doria has behaved impeccably ever since Meghan and Harry first got together. She has not put a foot wrong, and no-one's got anything but praise for her. I think she's great.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 10-07-2020, 01:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 344
There is a German saying, HOCHMUT KOMMT VOR DEM FALL. (....)they harder they fall. Maybe the next tweet will read MEAGHAN FOR QUEEN. really this commend will be removed swiftly since it will be viewed as negative. Give people the chance to judge for them self's.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 10-07-2020, 03:17 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
It looks real...but, the tweets are protected, so I can’t see them....not that I’d want to. The account has no followers, so....
It is clearly a spoof site.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 10-07-2020, 05:13 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She was welcomed in the same spirit that any royal bride would be.. IMO. Ie some royal watchers who are very enthusiastic about the RF were really pleased and ready to welcome her.. Most people just thought of it as a royal wedding coming up and weren't that excited.. People IMO aren't THAT into the RF unless there is an event, like a wedding, or a scandal/big fuss like the war of the Waleses. I don't think that people were one way or the other with MEghan except for ardent Harry fans or ardent royal fans...but it would be the same whoever he married...Once she was married it was then up to her to do the job and see how she worked out, but while she did well at first and I think got some admiration and good press for enthusiasm, she also got criticism..But again that's to be expected.. Kate has gotten criticism and so did her family but a lot of it was in her courtship days and now she's settled into life and is admired for her low key but increasing work rate... and to be honest, with Meghan bowing out of royal life after little more than a year, Kate has the field to herself....
But Meg and Harry began to react badly to any criticism within the first year or so, and began increasingly it seems to do things that gave the press an excuse to have a go at them...
Meghan actually garnered a lot more interest in the royal family from young people, which is something that other brides haven't had so much (apart from very famous brides like Diana) - especially young people from ethnic minority backgrounds. Many people who said they previously had no interest in the BRF or who shared more republican (in the English sense!) views were now taking an interest in Meghan and the rest of the royal family.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 10-07-2020, 06:17 PM
QueenMathilde's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
is this for real?!

https://twitter.com/markle2020

the website, MeghanForPresident.com, looks remarkably similar to the sussex one and quite official, but taking it with a grain of salt as if it was official it would be all over the british media.

the site is encouraging people to 'Vote For A Write-In Candidate'.



there's even a hashtag... #BelieveInMeghan

Well I tried to subscribe out of curiosity. I doubt she'd be happy as president - no one gets more negative press than the president. It's part of the job.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 10-07-2020, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 201
I think this is just idle chatter in the media about Meghan running for president. Considering the two current US presidential candidates are of advanced age, I don't think any political run, if any, will be imminent.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Meghan actually garnered a lot more interest in the royal family from young people, which is something that other brides haven't had so much (apart from very famous brides like Diana) - especially young people from ethnic minority backgrounds. Many people who said they previously had no interest in the BRF or who shared more republican (in the English sense!) views were now taking an interest in Meghan and the rest of the royal family.
While Meghan indeed attracted 'new' fans, I am not sure that truly extended to 'the rest of the royal family'. And her actions of late more likely pitched the new recruits against the royal family instead of resulting in a larger group of supporters/followers of the BRF.
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old 10-07-2020, 07:53 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
While Meghan indeed attracted 'new' fans, I am not sure that truly extended to 'the rest of the royal family'. And her actions of late more likely pitched the new recruits against the royal family instead of resulting in a larger group of supporters/followers of the BRF.
Well people who took an interest because Meghan had become a a royal are not that likely to remain interested in the RF after her speedy and somewhat dramatic departure. If they liked her, and she walked out on the RF odd are that they would lose interest in the RF, or become hostile to them... and follow Meghan in her new life
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:00 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Meghan actually garnered a lot more interest in the royal family from young people, which is something that other brides haven't had so much (apart from very famous brides like Diana) - especially young people from ethnic minority backgrounds. Many people who said they previously had no interest in the BRF or who shared more republican (in the English sense!) views were now taking an interest in Meghan and the rest of the royal family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
While Meghan indeed attracted 'new' fans, I am not sure that truly extended to 'the rest of the royal family'. And her actions of late more likely pitched the new recruits against the royal family instead of resulting in a larger group of supporters/followers of the BRF.
You are both right. Meghan has attracted "new" fans, particularly from the younger generation, people from ethnic minority backgrounds, republicans/anti-monarchist or just people not usually interested in the Royal Family. However, I think Meghan has also driven away traditional/conservative monarchists, who are quite "turn off" by her even going back to the engagement and wedding. Some of these traditional monarchists believed that The Queen and the Royal Family are too soft/lenient on Harry & Meghan and Andrew. Some of them even vow to become a Republican if the Queen does not act tough actions fast enough or when Charles become King. I am not quite sure what they meant by "tough actions", but I can guess along the lines of
  • Remove the Duke of Sussex and Duke of York from them, though it can only be done by an Act in Parliament
  • Remove the HRH style and Prince title (I assume they meant "editing/modifying" the Letters Patent, which I think it's quite ludicrous)
  • Remove Royal Patronages or other representative roles (Some posters here have pointed out that it's quite difficult to do so)
  • Completely cut them off financially and possibly "pay back" the money to HM Treasury (Not receiving from the Sovereign Grant, Duchy of Cornwall, Duchy of Lancaster or other Trusts) (Harry & Meghan of course have already pay back the renovation for Frogmore cottage and vow to earn independently for a living)
  • Not appear in the public eye or even complete ostracisation, similar to the 7th Earl of Harewood and possibly Marina Mowatt (daughter of Princess Alexandra) at one point (The latter one is in the extreme circumstance!)

Edited: I have included Marina Mowatt, because there was a "scandal" at that time, during her first pregnancy's announcement when Marina and Paul were not married
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Queens Village,, United States
Posts: 201
I think it is totally different from Harewood, he was involved with another woman while married and at that time it was a scandal. Times have changed and three of the queen's children have divorced. His mistress gave birth to his son while he was still married. Later it was found that Mark Phillips and Snowdon had had children by other women and it was not the "scandal" it was with Harewood. Snowdon was never ostracized and Mark Phillips and Anne divorced.

I think it would be too"draconian" to take Harry and Meghan's titles away and I doubt the Queen will ever remove Andrew's titles in any case. This might open a can of worms with questions about why the York Princesses and the Queen's cousins have titles.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:30 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I think it is totally different from Harewood, he was involved with another woman while married and at that time it was a scandal. Times have changed and three of the queen's children have divorced. His mistress gave birth to his son while he was still married. Later it was found that Mark Phillips and Snowdon had had children by other women and it was not the "scandal" it was with Harewood. Snowdon was never ostracized and Mark Phillips and Anne divorced.

I think it would be too"draconian" to take Harry and Meghan's titles away and I doubt the Queen will ever remove Andrew's titles in any case. This might open a can of worms with questions about why the York Princesses and the Queen's cousins have titles.
I have edited my post earlier to include Marina Ogilvy, but I am not quite sure if she was actually ostracised. This was after her first pregnancy announcement (whilst the couple were not married at that time). Apparently, there was a feud between Marina and her parents, who possibly suggested that she either married Paul Mowatt or have an abortion. To some, Marina has been described as a "loose cannon" or scandalous figure, particularly after a photoshoot with her in a "fake crown" surrounded with corgis.

I agree with you that removing the Dukedoms, Prince titles and HRH style will open a can of worms, though I think some people might think that York Princesses should not be punished for their father's action. They would probably believe that the Queen's first cousins (apart from Prince Michael of Kent, who is not a working royal) have been dutiful in serving the country and representing the Queen for almost half a century with little or no fuss despite getting little coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:36 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
I have edited my post earlier to include Marina Ogilvy, but I am not quite sure if she was actually ostracised. This was after her first pregnancy announcement (whilst the couple were not married at that time). Apparently, there was a feud between Marina and her parents, who possibly suggested that she either married Paul Mowatt or have an abortion. To some, Marina has been described as a "loose cannon" or scandalous figure, particularly after a photoshoot with her in a "fake tiara" surrounded with corgis.
I dont think they were too happy with her, but I dont know of her being ostracised per se. She went through a rebellious phase for a couple of years then seemed to disappear but she was never a working royal anyway
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 10-07-2020, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
It is clearly a spoof site.
I didn't think so.......I would have no idea how to tell a spoof site from a real one, especially since I wouldn't put it past any Meghan fan to open such an account.
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 10-07-2020, 10:06 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I didn't think so.......I would have no idea how to tell a spoof site from a real one, especially since I wouldn't put it past any Meghan fan to open such an account.
Most these sites have been opened by the Megxit crowd. I suspect this is another. There have been a few and the press even picked this up calling it a spoof as well. Creative though but you won't find me spending money and all that time on someone I clearly dislike. Couldn't be me. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 10-07-2020, 10:14 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 577
Gloria Steinem was on The Ellen Show (virtually) and Meghan was mentioned (starting from 3:10 to 4:00). The term "cold called voters" was used.
Ellen DeGeneres@TheEllenShow
.@GloriaSteinem reminds us why hope is so important.
4:33 AM · Oct 8, 2020·Twitter Media Studio
https://twitter.com/TheEllenShow/sta...95291087593473
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 10-07-2020, 10:43 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,290
Harry and Meghan will be chatting with Malala for "Day of the Girl"

Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 10-07-2020, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Most these sites have been opened by the Megxit crowd. I suspect this is another. There have been a few and the press even picked this up calling it a spoof as well. Creative though but you won't find me spending money and all that time on someone I clearly dislike. Couldn't be me. LOL
Oh, lol...well, that could be, lol. Like you, I would never waste my time on someone I dislike; it’s kind of pathetic.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 41 (11 members and 30 guests)
Apfelkuchen, Betsypaige, Biri, Curryong, Denville, Donna B., duchessrachel, evolvingdoors, Ista, Loyly, Queen Claude
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: April-September 2020 JessRulz Current Events Archive 489 09-03-2020 05:10 AM
General News about the Sussex Family, Part Three: August-September 2020 JessRulz Current Events Archive 919 09-01-2020 07:59 PM
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020 JessRulz Current Events Archive 771 04-07-2020 11:20 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baptism biography bridal gown british royal family brownbitcoinqueen canada carolin cht clarence house coronavirus countess of snowdon customs dna dubai duke of sussex dutch royal family emperor fantasy movie general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf historical drama history hochberg house of windsor introduction jewelry jumma kent languages line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mail mary: crown princess of denmark nepalese royal family northern ireland norway palestine popularity prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita queen consort queen elizabeth ii royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress settings startling new evidence stuart swedish queen thailand tips tradition united kingdom united states of america von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×