The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2020, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Prince Harry Surprises Marathon Runners

Prince Harry Surprises London Marathon Runners with a Special Video Message. "The extraordinary spirit of the London Marathon will continue to shine across the globe."
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...video-message/

Prince Harry Surprises Marathon Runners in Person in Los Angeles. "The Duke of Sussex took an adorable snap with the husband and wife teammates."
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...source=twitter

Old 10-05-2020, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why are there several posts “accusing” Harry of intending to avoid paying taxes? Link, or other evidence that he is planning to be a tax evader, please. This is nothing but a slippery slope.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-05-2020, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just a note. There are more kinds of taxes in the US than just income tax. I would imagine that being property owners tags property taxes on his home. I don't know what federal, state and local taxes apply to Harry and Meghan.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

So Royal Marines has been removed from HRH Prince Harry and rumor is because of his political comments. So sad.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
So Royal Marines has been removed from HRH Prince Harry and rumor is because of his political comments. So sad.
Why is it sad? Harry seems to be moving into a diffrent life to his royal life.. H's not living in the UK and it looks like in spite of the review period, he has no desire or intention of coming back.. so of course he is going to eventually drop close involvement with UK life.. and things like army roles...
Old 10-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is there a link because Im not seeing anything about this...

LaRae
Old 10-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
A quick search of "Prince Harry military appointments" turned up three stories making this claim.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
A quick search of "Prince Harry military appointments" turned up three stories making this claim.
Its the Daily Mail and Express - lets wait for the palace.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8806185/Prince-William-set-head-Royal-Marines.html

Nothing official, but a source is claiming that the role will be given to William. This is not a surprise, as Harry has made it pretty clear that he will not be primarily living or working in the U.K. or for the royal family.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

May I ask something -- was the reason for the year trail given?
Was it to give him a chance to see how life would be outside and see if it was feasible so that they could do it or was it a chance to see how compatible their manner of doing engagements would be with the virtues of the royal family in order for them to see if it is possible for them to do half in half out?
Old 10-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
May I ask something -- was the reason for the year trail given?
Was it to give him a chance to see how life would be outside and see if it was feasible so that they could do it or was it a chance to see how compatible their manner of doing engagements would be with the virtues of the royal family in order for them to see if it is possible for them to do half in half out?
No no reason was given, The Palace are not likely to say.. but its obvious that they couldn't be half in and half out.. that was made very clear to them.. and the year's review was almost certainly in hopes that after a year of trying to make money, living in Canada etc they would want to come back...
Old 10-05-2020, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just as I figured...tabloid stories. I guess the moderator statement about using factual sources and avoiding speculation are being ignored.

LaRae
Old 10-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Why is it sad? Harry seems to be moving into a diffrent life to his royal life.. H's not living in the UK and it looks like in spite of the review period, he has no desire or intention of coming back.. so of course he is going to eventually drop close involvement with UK life.. and things like army roles...
I feel he spent his whole life growing up to be Prince Harry and to do engagements. Such a shame his life now is in Hollywood, where imo he is out of place. The Royal Marines meant a lot to him and the Invictus games too.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
I feel he spent his whole life growing up to be Prince Harry and to do engagements. Such a shame his life now is in Hollywood, where imo he is out of place. The Royal Marines meant a lot to him and the Invictus games too.
And he has moved on....
Old 10-05-2020, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The Royal Marines was an honorary position given because of who he is in the Royal Family. Invictus Games are his own project that he's passionate about and I don't see him ever giving up on that.

A lot of times a child is raised to step into the shoes of the family business. As the child grows into adulthood, he may feel that as an individual, he'd be the happiest raising penguins in the Solomon Island. What is desired for the child to become isn't always where the child will be the happiest.

Harry's situation reminds me a lot of the movie "Dead Poet's Society". What everybody else wanted for him turned out to be not what Harry, himself, wanted. He may or may not excel in his new life but he chose his own way and was able to experience it.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...al-summit.html

I don't understand what the presenter was saying here; was Meghan slighted by a perceived remark/s?
Old 10-05-2020, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Royal Marines was an honorary position given because of who he is in the Royal Family. Invictus Games are his own project that he's passionate about and I don't see him ever giving up on that.

A lot of times a child is raised to step into the shoes of the family business. As the child grows into adulthood, he may feel that as an individual, he'd be the happiest raising penguins in the Solomon Island. What is desired for the child to become isn't always where the child will be the happiest.

Harry's situation reminds me a lot of the movie "Dead Poet's Society". What everybody else wanted for him turned out to be not what Harry, himself, wanted. He may or may not excel in his new life but he chose his own way and was able to experience it.
I think this is a very good comparison (off topic, but Dead Poet’s Society is a favorite movie of mine). I hope that Harry is able to find the happiness in his life that he must have been missing as a full time working royal. Invictus has always been one of his passion projects and always will be. I think we’ll find that he will still be very involved in the Invictus Games, especially once things with COVID ease up. I think that most of the other “passion projects” that the Sussexes are promoting these days are Meghan’s issues that have been important to her for years that Harry’s kind of lobbed on to.

However, I DO think that losing the Royal Marines is a blow to Harry. He seems to have relished and thrived during his time in the military, and he also seems to have been very proud of this appointment. Especially having it go to his brother must be very disappointing.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

The presenter was just trying to broaden the conversation saying that she like many other powerful women are in the same boat in this regard; she was in no way intending to put Meghan down but Meghan's reaction (especially her throat) seems to suggest that she did perceive it as such.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

HM Royal Marines deserve the best. It is about them not about the duke or any other member of the royal family. I think a UK resident Captain General is obvious common sense.

The royal family serve them not the other way round.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not a body language expert, so I could never say with certainty what specific facial reactions during an interview mean or don't mean. Eye-blinking and throat swallowing can mean anything.

Based on the depth of the interaction between Meghan and the Fortune editor (and even the interaction between Meghan and the The *19th founder, Emily Ramshaw, and between Meghan and Gloria Steinem) the context and the actual content and give-and-take of such conversations, in my opinion, are the best indicators of a person's actual feelings and intentions.

In particular, Meghan referencing the words of Georgia O'Keefe, is very inspirational:

"I have already settled it for myself, so flattery and criticism go down the same drain, and I am quite free."