The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 1: September-December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever Malala feels or does not she is a seasoned speaker and interviewer for her mission By now. She is a professional so not going to show discomfort or awkwardness On camera.

Well, there was no need for Malala to spontaeously send love and kisses to Archie if she didn't wish to, or interact as warmly as she did with the Sussexes, so my guess is from my observations that she enjoyed talking with the couple. If she hadn't wanted to then she wouldn't have done it. She was under no obligation.

Malala and the Sussexes seemed very comfortable with each other. I won't be surprised if they work together again in the near future. They all seemed to very much enjoy the conversation and I enjoyed listening to it.

And the Teenagers Therapy podcast has really taken off due to their chat. They have gained almost 10K followers and the video hit a million views on YouTube. No doubt they are thrilled with the exposure and reach it has provided. That was the point. Bringing more attention to causes and people.

I agree--Malala and the Sussexes were doing their job and they did them well.

As far as the Teenage Therapy interview goes, I still find Harry and Meghan's comments about themselves to be cringeworthy and inappropriate. Things were expressed under the guise of expressing empathy, but I read them as incredibly self-absorbed.

They have a difficult road ahead, in my view.They have to sell themselves as relevant and informed, but they also have to demonstrate that they can conduct themselves in challenging interpersonal situations.

It seems to me,there is no help needed in the USA for education of children, or adults? only in what is called the 3rd world. Sadly to say, every country has these problems. If one educate a women one educate a family. Sadly to say the educational system seem to be below the standard and noone seems to care.

Fortune Magazine has released an approximately 2 minute video of the interview with Meghan

FORTUNE @FortuneMagazine
“Something, algorithmically, is creating this obsession.”
Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex warns against the pitfalls of social media addiction during a conversation at the #FortuneMPW Next Gen Summit. https://bit.ly/315Ealb
7:20 AM · Oct 14, 2020·Twitter Media Studio​

What do you all think the chances of Meghan and Archie coming back to the UK with him are? At first I didn’t think that they would, seeing as taking a baby on a plane during a pandemic does NOT seem like a fun time. But Harry would have to be away for at least two weeks with the quarantine period, then another two weeks when he gets back to the states (although I’m sure their house is large enough for him to quarantine mostly apart from Meghan and Archie and still see them and spend time with them, same for Windsor). So is there a chance that they could be coming back with him and maybe staying for a more extended time?

I think the 3 of them will come to the UK. Forgive my cynicism, but contact with HM and other members of the family only enhances their brand. IMHO, HM and her advisors might be very much aware of this and prevent photos of the Sussex family with Her Majesty.

I think the 3 of them will come to the UK. Forgive my cynicism, but contact with HM and other members of the family only enhances their brand. IMHO, HM and her advisors might be very much aware of this and prevent photos of the Sussex family with Her Majesty.

I doubt if they'll come in the next months. If Harry and hte queen and Charles feel it is necessary for him to come home to have the 1 year review, he will come alone. I agree that they will still visit the UK, but I think for Meghan it will be very much in a spirit that she has to do thsi at times

They already said hadn’t for Covid they would have returned by now. Meghan has a case in January, so there is potential they will be back for that. But regardless, they kept Frogmore Cottage when they didn’t have to. It’s clear they will return and stay a bit here and there as they see fit.

They already said hadn’t for Covid they would have returned by now. Meghan has a case in January, so there is potential they will be back for that. But regardless, they kept Frogmore Cottage when they didn’t have to. It’s clear they will return and stay a bit here and there as they see fit.

Of course they are keeping Frogmore, they need ot have a home in the UK in case things go wrong and they have to come back here... Besides, its not that easy for the RF to give it to anyone else...

Sure they could. Not like Harry and Meghan owned it. They could have got a new home. They had others while in the UK. But they invested time and money into it and despite they whining from others, I do think they enjoyed their time in Windsor.

This idea they will never return also was silly to me.

Sure they could. Not like Harry and Meghan owned it. They could have got a new home. They had others while in the UK. But they invested time and money into it and despite they whining from others, I do think they enjoyed their time in Windsor.

I can't see who else would be able to take Frogmore, it had been done up for Harry and Meghan, and was meant to be a sutiable house for 2 young senior royals who were starting a family and a long term career as working royals... And its not a house that coudl be rented to someone outside the family...
H and Meg cant have enjoyed it much when they moved to LA... And where were they going to get a new home? Frogmore was in Windsor, in a "royal" area where it was cheaper and easier to give them security, where else would they live? They'll return for holidays and if America goes wrong, they'll return.. but I dont think Megan will want to....

Last edited:
They might not have wanted to be in the constant drama of whatever was going on in the family but that doesn’t mean they didn’t enjoy the time in a home they created as their own. The two arent mutually exclusive. And people banking on failure to bring three back? I also doubt that would happen if things went bust.

Neither do I, though many are absolutely slavering for them to fail. I think Harry at least will return at regular (and occupy FC) once this pandemic has ended and his wife and child(ren) will come back sometimes. However I think the family like California and will settle there.

They might not have wanted to be in the constant drama of whatever was going on in the family but that doesn’t mean they didn’t enjoy the time in a home they created as their own. The two arent mutually exclusive. And people banking on failure to bring three back? I also doubt that would happen if things went bust.

Whhere woudl they go, if they found that America didn't work out?

America? Not sure why they would leave. What’s your definition of not work out?

America? Not sure why they would leave. What’s your definition of not work out?

If they weren't able to make a living in the US. If they didn't get that deal wiht Netflix....I doubt they'll leave but if the money side went wrong, they might have to....

To be honest, I don't see the Sussexes ever being standing in the welfare lines and at soup kitchens anytime in their lifetime. They may have setbacks at times or other worries but they're never going to be broke. They will live where they want to live because they choose to.

When its open again and safe to do so, I do think the family will spend a good amount of time in the UK to visit home and family and to also support incentives and patronages they already have in the UK. I don't believe for a minute that Meghan finds the UK intolerable. They love Windsor and chose it for their home. So, in effect, I see them having the best of *both* worlds. ?

If they weren't able to make a living in the US. If they didn't get that deal wiht Netflix....I doubt they'll leave but if the money side went wrong, they might have to....

Again I ask why would they have to? I doubt they will ever be broke. And if they have to downsize they will but not sure why any of that means they would leave America. I’m just failing to understand that.

Again I ask why would they have to? I doubt they will ever be broke. And if they have to downsize they will but not sure why any of that means they would leave America. I’m just failing to understand that.

I think its obvious a nd Im not going to go on arguing......

To be honest, I don't see the Sussexes ever being standing in the welfare lines and at soup kitchens anytime in their lifetime. They may have setbacks at times or other worries but they're never going to be broke. They will live where they want to live because they choose to.

When its open again and safe to do so, I do think the family will spend a good amount of time in the UK to visit home and family and to also support incentives and patronages they already have in the UK. I don't believe for a minute that Meghan finds the UK intolerable. They love Windsor and chose it for their home. So, in effect, I see them having the best of *both* worlds. ?

I definitely agree that even with the ups and downs that inevitably happen to everyone throughout life, they definitely won't want for anything. As a couple they seem to be pretty savvy at making connections and working for themselves, so I think they're going to be generally successful.

However, I DO think that they won't be spending any sort of substantive time in the UK again. I for one do think that Meghan did not enjoy living there, and by her own words she considers California to be her (and now, her husband's and son's) home. If they had wanted to stay in the UK permanently or even semi-permanently, they would have. It's very telling to me that they chose to stay in the US when COVID hit rather than return to the UK at a time when many foreign nationals, even those based primarily in the US, returned to their home countries. Sure, I think that they will certainly still visit the UK since they do still have loved ones there. I think we'll see them spend a few weeks over the summer or time during the holidays once things with COVID are a bit easier, but I don't think we'll see them spending half the year like some people are suggesting. I doubt we'll even see them spend more than a month there at a time. I think Harry will be the one more likely to travel back and forth or spend a more extended amount of time there, but I think for all intents and purposes the US is their permanent home. I think this will particularly become apparent once Archie is in school, because I very much doubt that they will move back to send him to a UK school or will send him to boarding school when he's 13. I think he'll be raised in California and will mostly consider himself to be an American, probably with strong appreciation for his British roots but still mostly an American.

Longer term, I cannot see the rationale for them to keep their UK patronages. For example, if you are the National Theatre, you signed up to have a working member of the BRF, resident in the UK, as your patron. What you now have is a former royal, resident abroad, and openly hostile to the BRF. IMO, it is just a question of time.

Supposedly the Queen was sending them somewhere in Africa (didn't specify the country) when they upped and moved to the US. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly the Queen was sending them somewhere in Africa (didn't specify the country) when they upped and moved to the US. [...]
why woudl the queen be "sending them somewhere in AFrica?" I presume that when they were designated as working for the Commonwealth the idea was fro them to be based in the UK and travel to different countries...

Longer term, I cannot see the rationale for them to keep their UK patronages. For example, if you are the National Theatre, you signed up to have a working member of the BRF, resident in the UK, as your patron. What you now have is a former royal, resident abroad, and openly hostile to the BRF. IMO, it is just a question of time.

Agree. I think they will drop the UK patronages in a couple of years....

Last edited by a moderator:

That would be the smart thing to do. Not only with the Queen but with ANY members of the BRF. IMO, they will definitely come back for short visits and engagements, not because they want to, but they will need to remind everyone they are Royals to keep the interest in their brand alive.

I am sure they won’t be earning big money on their Netflix deal on cartoons and documentaries. This money will be earned on showing their unfiltered access to the top of the BRF. The BRF and the “men in grey suits” would be smart to restrict audio/visual evidence of that.

Ah I see the lacey book? Sounds to me, if ti was true, it was the queen trying to sort them out when they started to complain bout being unhappy, she thought if they had a year or 2 in Africa, it might soothe them.. and they cuold take up full time royal work later....
I suppose its possible that if they were complianing for some time, and saying they wanted out of royal life (or at least to go part time) the queen felt they could move to Africa for a time, and have some freedom, as Willi and Kate had had... but hoped in a couple of years they'd be ready to settle into royal life.. but Meg didn't want Africa.. what she wanted was to go to the US nad be free to earn money.....

Last edited:
You seem to see Meghan as having money as her top priority. I don't. In fact, I sincerely believe that money was the *least* of their troubles. People that actually have a lot of money don't focus on it as a priority usually. :D

I never thought that Harry would NEVER return - he “divorced” himself from the BRF as a working Royal, not as a son/brother/cousin/uncle, etc.. If he could have, he would have visited Charles after he was sick - I’ve no doubt about that, based on what I’ve read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom