The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, thinking back now, that Shaman and the Princess dog and pony show doesn't look so bad now eh? :whistling:

I suppose ML and Durek haven't straight up publicly attacked and blackmailed her family but I'm not sure I could say it's hugely better. They've done a lot more than just one embarrassing stage show - that parts grieving people from their cash.

I just can't get over what huge ego there is to say all you want "The Institution" to do is protect you from the press whilst getting "upset" that everyone in the world took your accusation about the BRF being racist "the wrong way" and aren't really focusing on H&M in that scenario.

How no one wants to talk to the person who spent nearly 2 hours bringing up every little petty thing that went wrong and purposely distorted the truth for revenge.

And giving your new "friend" permission to say this on life TV in front of millions.

I do not follow Oprah - beside knowing who she is, i have a very limited idea of who she is . Gayle King I have no idea who she is besides a TV presenter and Oprah's friends. Doesn't the coverage of this seem off and very bias. Why does it seem like that have a personal investment here - I find it very odd this. They appear to have a perceived moral high ground that I do not understand. They appear gleeful in these attacks - almost as it they are getting vindication for the treatment of women, treatment of black people or the treatment of Diana. Or is it the coincidence that this combines all three - that they appear to have found a crusade ?

But, if Her Majesty knew that they were leaving, why did she grant them the titles?

I don't believe she knew then that they were leaving. I remember reading that at one point prior to their wedding she gave them the option to work full time for the RF or to do their own thing but without a dukedom. I assume this was due to Meghan's previous career and Harry's prior statements that he might have been wanted to do something else with his life. They declined and stated that they wanted to work for the RF so the dukedom was granted, the massive wedding proceeded, and now here we are. I don't honestly know if it was all true, it was simply a rumor that circulated, but it does make a lot of sense and is very, very plausible.

One thing amid all of this "War of the Wails" is something that was bound to happen sooner or later and to be honest, it's so disgusting I won't even post a link to it here but it's easily found doing a "CNN, Charlie Hebdo" search. *This* kind of thing is the result of two people not thinking things through and realizing what repercussions could and would come out of their words and their actions. Like a game of telephone, it grows teeth and changes its message and although, in the Sussexes eyes, they believed what they were doing is right and the story needed to be told, they didn't stop to think of long range effects and the possibility that the "mean old press" that printed so many baseless untruths about Meghan, would not be chastised into apologizing or mending their ways when the axe was lowered on them by the "Institution" but, in reality, get even worse.

It's like believing nothing will happen to them in a horrid hurricane when the weather forecast says its going to be catastrophic category 5 and heading right towards them and the officials are telling everyone to evacuate and they remain steadfast in their homes saying "it won't happen to me". Then, when they lose everything and their lives are hanging by a thread, they're the "victims".

I do not follow Oprah - beside knowing who she is, i have a very limited idea of who she is . Gayle King I have no idea who she is besides a TV presenter and Oprah's friends. Doesn't the coverage of this seem off and very bias. Why does it seem like that have a personal investment here - I find it very odd this. They appear to have a perceived moral high ground that I do not understand. They appear gleeful in these attacks - almost as it they are getting vindication for the treatment of women, treatment of black people or the treatment of Diana. Or is it the coincidence that this combines all three - that they appear to have found a crusade ?

They're coming across as increasingly unprofessional.

"The family has to acknowledge that there are issues. Houston we have a problem."

I think Gayle King is getting carried away with the melodrama of it all.

To paraphrase the first Elizabeth to Robert Cecil: "has is not a word to use to princes".

They're coming across as increasingly unprofessional.

"The family has to acknowledge that there are issues. Houston we have a problem."

I think Gayle King is getting carried away with the melodrama of it all.

To paraphrase the first Elizabeth to Robert Cecil: "has is not a word to use to princes".

They family has acknowledged there are problems, the official statement even acknowledged H&M's feelings. They just aren't playing ball by entering in to a public slanging match.

They aren't going to get Charles, William and Kate on an opposite sofa like it's Jerry Springer. Even if Charles had forgotten Dimbleby they have the more recent example of Andrew to show them what a bad idea that is.

Even then Gayle in contradictory saying all they wanted to do was have the BRF spend all their time defending Meghan against every article and didn't mean the race accusation but they HAVE to deal with it all in public.

That's actually a great point and it certainly speaks to the no publicity is really bad publicity thing. But, I have to wonder, where do you draw the line? I mean, it's all well and good, I guess to do their tell-all, rehash all the old complaints ad nauseum, etc. but at a certain point the RF will stop speaking to them entirely if they continue to pull stunts like this Gayle King thing. Then what happens? How long can they traffic on the same old rehashed whines? How long do they really have have to be big draws when they run out of material? I mean, I'd think that high-priced publicity firm would warn that if they overshoot the mark too frequently or too boldly they will eventually shoot themselves in the foot...:whistling:

yes surely Netflix is goign to expect them to do SOMETHING, not just interviews.... because there is a limit to how many awful revelations they can trump up about the RF (when they only worked there for a year or so)....

They family has acknowledged there are problems, the official statement even acknowledged H&M's feelings. They just aren't playing ball by entering in to a public slanging match.

They aren't going to get Charles, William and Kate on an opposite sofa like it's Jerry Springer. Even if Charles had forgotten Dimbleby they have the more recent example of Andrew to show them what a bad idea that is.

Even then Gayle in contradictory saying all they wanted to do was have the BRF spend all their time defending Meghan against every article and didn't mean the race accusation but they HAVE to deal with it all in public.
But they don't want a public slanging match. Before today, I thought they did but they really don't,

They want a bent knee, a humble apology, the proverbial heads of the British press on a platter and the admission that what Sarah, Camilla, Catherine, etc. went through combined can't hold a handle to Meghan's suffering.

They want the glory of restoring order and justice, the acknowledgment that they were totally right and the RF totally wrong and from where I stand, they seem to believe they can really get it.

They also want to dictate the conversation. Other people aren't entitled to "their truth". Everyone should just accept and discuss Harry and Meghan's, and only in glowing terms.

yes surely Netflix is goign to expect them to do SOMETHING, not just interviews.... because there is a limit to how many awful revelations they can trump up about the RF (when they only worked there for a year or so)....

One thought comes to mind of an unique twist they could do for Netflix that would guarantee a large audience and float sympathy and favoritism towards Meghan. Comparisons. It's actually something we're not supposed to do here in these threads. A "now and then" total comparison between Diana and her woes with "The War of the Wales" and Meghan's woes and victimization today in her "War of the Wails". I see that being huge in the American market but totally putting the British population in a tail spin of horror. I'd be among the British population with this one.

Make it to be released by Netflix when the next season of "The Crown" is released like they did this year with a tandem Diana documentary on the same day. If we get a whiff that Harry and Meghan have gone to the Taj Mahal for a quick visit, we'll know why. ;)

Just odd thoughts.

But they don't want a public slanging match. Before today, I thought they did but they really don't,

They want a bent knee, a humble apology, the proverbial heads of the British press on a platter and the admission that what Sarah, Camilla, Catherine, etc. went through combined can't hold a handle to Meghan's suffering.

They want the glory of restoring order and justice, the acknowledgment that they were totally right and the RF totally wrong and from where I stand, they seem to believe they can really get it.

I tend to agree & that's not going to happen of course. Therefore there's an impasse. So next move to the H&M.

No doubt they can & probably will cause more damage to the BRF. If they do then existing attitudes will only harden.

Next, it's going to be "William stopped taking my calls!" *sad face*. My, I wonder why that would be.

Wonderful start to healing the rift, Harry! Good job!

Harry has no interest in healing any rift. He wants money and titles for doing nothing.

M&H are on the cover of People magazine, so on it goes.

The interview has a robust Wikipedia page all of its own now. With 154 references no less.

Welcome to the world of famous - or infamous. Time will tell...

"... All of those things that I hoped for, have happened" HRH the Duchess of Sussex
This sentence was the one truly truth that Meghan has said in the interview. It was said at the end of the interview, probably she has let her guard down a bit too early.
I managed to see the whole interview.... it was a cringe-fest! They deserve each other...

cnn.com has written a scathing article on the royals. So sad these two could cause such irrepable damage to the RF. It gets bigger and bigger.

They also want to dictate the conversation. Other people aren't entitled to "their truth". Everyone should just accept and discuss Harry and Meghan's, and only in glowing terms.

Actually I think you're right, although they might have settled for giving them something else to go on in public. Because at this point any attention is better than no attention.

Not surprised they've made the cover of People again, Hello! even broke their self imposed no Sussex embargo last week.

This article I'm linking is just more of the same regurgitation from Gayle King, but it phrased it in a way I thought was interesting:

"The news anchor shared that while the palace wants to keep this feud private, they aren’t making any moves to reconcile with the person who was hurt the most in this: Meghan."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/not-one-royal-picked-phone-193103019.html

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Meghan lives in her native country a few miles down the road from her mother, with whom she seems to have a good relationship. Harry lives thousands of miles from his native country and close relatives, and he may never be close to any of them again after this. Even if he's 100% ok with all of that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.

Last edited:
This article I'm linking is just more of the same regurgitation from Gayle King, but it phrased it in a way I thought was interesting:

"The news anchor shared that while the palace wants to keep this feud private, they aren’t making any moves to reconcile with the person who was hurt the most in this: Meghan."

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Even if he's 100% ok with that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.

A self proclaimed "victim" rarely presents themselves as being at fault at any stage in the relating of the victimization. Those on the victim's bandwagon will not and cannot look at the entire picture objectively. The aim is that if they proclaim the wrongs long enough and loud enough, they'll eventually drown out the truth. ;)

Since Meghan isn't a straight white male (that's SARCASM folks...) She gets the rights to the most victimhood in that couple.
:cool:

Last edited:
cnn.com has written a scathing article on the royals. So sad these two could cause such irrepable damage to the RF. It gets bigger and bigger.

There's been quite a few in the US media including the NY Times & The Washington Post. BRF colonialist, empire, racist, blah blah blah.

In fact there's been quite a few ever since H&M decamped from Britain. Many US liberals seem to be using H&M as some sort of proxy in the culture wars.

It's all very sad & unnecessary & unfair for the BRF's reputation in the US but it is what it is. The H&M propaganda machine knows its target audience & plays a clever game.

If opinion in the Commonwealth goes the same way then that'll just be further damage.

What's far worse is division caused by H&M in Britain. That does matter. A lot.

Last edited:
Since Meghan isn't a straight white male (that's SARCASM folks...) She gets the rights to the most victimhood in that couple.
:cool:

Every so often my age does me a grand favor and pops a colloquialism into my head that I've heard from my parents or my grandparents. Reading through all these posts about the situation that the Sussexes are in and looking at Harry, I can hear my mother (or is it my grandmother) describing Harry as a "Casper Milquetoast". Believe it or not, the word "milquetoast" is actually in the dictionary and defined as:

noun
a timid or feeble person.
"Jennings plays him as something of a milquetoast"

adjective
feeble, insipid, or bland.
"a soppy, milquetoast composer"

https://www.cjr.org/language_corner/milquetoast.php

Why are US networks so worried about the British RF, it is still a story here, but more about the fallout for other people. Or is it friends helping to raise Meghans profile, keeping her on the front page. Ooops sorry she likes privacy.

Their stories have been seen for what they are, stories, causing trouble but we will move on from them, sorry folks you are stuck with them in the USA>

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Meghan lives in her native country a few miles down the road from her mother, with whom she seems to have a good relationship. Harry lives thousands of miles from his native country and close relatives, and he may never be close to any of them again after this. Even if he's 100% ok with all of that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.

Given that Meghan admitted that Kate "owned" her actions and apologised but she (Meghan) still can't let it go years later, there's no reason for William or Charles to think that anything they say will be apology accepted.

She's not even speaking to most her own family and hasn't for a while at least. Granted I definitely understand some of those. But she's not a kumbaya person.

Surely Harry should be the "in" point for these conversations considering it's his family and Meghan was there for less than 2 years? They can perhaps talk to Meghan once the initial talks have progressed because Harry also talked about being hurt by them, not just Meghan. If a couple have a falling out with the parents its usually the direct relationship that starts to mend fences first.

Quite apart from anything else they know for sure that anything they write or say will be used against them in the near future.

Not to mention most of them will be worried about Prince Philip, their own families going back to school and everything else going on.

And after all this. They're allowed to be hurt, angry and not want to talk to the person who gleefully and deliberately took a wrecking ball to them. They don't have to initiate dialogue right away.

Last edited:
Nobody had a problem with them doing something different, good for them.
I listened to him saying that he respected his grandmother , how can he possibly say that while he is destroying everything she stands for.
Why could they not move on and make their new life without destroying everything in their wake,

I dont think that things will ever be quite the same wiht the RF and Harry.. or at least not for a LONG time. They may have been kidding themselves some of them that this is all about MEg being difficult nad not blaming him so much. But his words and actions have shown that he is bitterly resentful about his own family, and doesn't care how much he hurts or damages them...

The cnn article goes on about the only way to stop racism in the RF is to abolish the monarchy. It talks about thier jewels were stolen and how they had colonys were used and so forth. Harry has opened a can of worms he can't close. This article makes there interview look mild.

The cnn article goes on about the only way to stop racism in the RF is to abolish the monarchy. It talks about thier jewels were stolen and how they had colonys were used and so forth. Harry has opened a can of worms he can't close. This article makes there interview look mild.

Glasshouses come to mind.

Is it that Meghan and Harry have been used by the media who have an agenda.

Ugh.. that one is even more disgusting that the one I was referring to. I think I need a nap. :(

It’s a very profitable crusade. Oprah and Gayle are two very privileged, very powerful people, who happen to be women of colour, who are taking the narrative of another extremely privileged person, who also happens to be a woman of colour, and recognizing that it has the potential to make them even more money, and make them more relevant and newsworthy than either of them has been in a long time. They’ll keep going as long as the story continues to be beneficial FOR THEM and their brand, and CBS.

This quote from Ms King:

‘And I think it's frustrating for them to see that it's a racial conversation about the Royal Family when all they wanted all along was for the royals to intervene and tell the Press to stop with the unfair, inaccurate, false stories that definitely have a racial slant.’

is a flat out lie. If Meghan and Harry didn’t want to provoke a racial conversation about the royal family they wouldn’t have tied Archie’s lack of title to his race and they wouldn’t have mentioned a private conversation about race they say happened with a member of the family.

Gayle King has worked in media for a long time. She knows very well the BRF can’t tell the British press to do anything. It’s also convenient that apparently these unfair stories have “a racial slant.” A racial slant is anything Meghan says it is. It’s not something that needs to be - or even can be - backed up by evidence. It’s all about how the press coverage made Meghan feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom