The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a matter of M&H 'matching up stories.' They spoke from the heart, based on their personal, painful experiences. The fact that somebody spoke to him about the 'skin color' concern before he and Meghan were married, does not negate that a number of subsequent conversations occurred once Meghan was pregnant.

I don't need to put up a 'defense' for Meghan. I'm merely sharing my views and perceptions in an honest, forthright way based on what I've seen, read, researched, witnessed and in certain aspects, personally experienced.

Seriously, no matter what does or does not 'hold water' for you has no bearing on what is at stake for Meghan and Harry, and the British royal family.

M&H did not discuss the Earl of Dumbarton title in the interview that was edited and broadcast. I doubt Oprah knew much about that courtesy designation, or she probably would have brought it up. Since the name 'Dumbarton' was being made fun of online even before Archie was born, I would think there's a perfectly understandable reason why M&H decided that Archie would not be officially known by that title. Since no questions along those lines were asked of them, what any of us might assume is speculative.

In my opinion, the Sussexes have continued to endure more than their fair share of negative speculation. It's enough already.

I'm about to share a very hurtful and painful experience I went through and I think it should be brought to the attention of everyone world wide and start a conversation that enact change so what I went through never happens again.

I was called a "four eyed, four eared giant purple eater" as a child (everyone knew that tune at the time). It left scars that I remember to this day and that was well over half a century ago. It wasn't fair. It wasn't kind. It was blatantly cruel and things like this still happen to this day (see bullying thread here in the Member's Corner that's been inactive for a while now). I survived this because of support I did get. I was made to believe that if someone had a problem with me, that's *their* problem, not mine.

Harry and Meghan very well could have realized that *one* person making a comment isn't reflective on an entire institution or an entire nation of people and realized it wasn't a truthful reflection on the two of them. Their use of something said by *one* person years ago had the intention of casting a disparaging light on even *more* things as their statements came forth.

It was totally unnecessary in my eyes. If I had to use a word to describe their motives with such statements, I would use the word "incite". They aimed to incite OMG faces and "how awful of them (the "institution") and install distrust towards the "other side" rather than open an intelligent conversation that could and would enact a difference. And all this from two people that profess to see the world with "kindness and compassion".

We all endure something in our lives that aren't pleasant and sometimes they're even chronic things that do no go away. We strive to enact change within ourselves rather than point fingers sobbing "they did this to me!!!" With the Sussexes, they *did* enact a change for themselves, they moved far, far away from the source of the hurt and hate and vitriol yet by their own actions, are inviting it into their lives even more now by calling attention to it.

Yes, true. Both of these questions are now 'water under the bridge,' in regard to M&H's offspring. Harry is paying for his family's security. Both of their children will be raised in California, with likely some visits to the U.K. and to other locales around the world. They will be global citizens aware of the importance of having a social conscience. Neither will be in need of bearing royal titles. In fact, their parents aren't using HRH either.

Yet, Harry will always popularly be known as Prince Harry, plus his birthright as a royal prince, a soldier, a patriot, and a citizen of the U.K. will remain a part of him. And I'm sure he will pass the important legacies and lessons of his upbringing on to his children.

Unfortunately by conflating titles & race in the interview M&H have caused a lot of mischief in Britain. So not quite water under the bridge here sadly.

Harry Windsor's popularity has been on a downward trajectory for a while now. Unsurprising really given his behaviour.

A princely title/style is best described as a privilege rather than a birthright I feel. Which of course comes with responsibilities. In fact it isn't actually a birthright at all because it's governed by letters patent. HM can issue new LP's making only the eldest child of a sovereign a prince if she wanted.

Last edited:
There were no clarifying comments................ that is the problem

Oh, I was being flippant... for example, when Harry 'clarified' that there was in fact one conversation that took place, and it took place not only not during the pregnancy, but well before the couple were even engaged, in the early stages of their relationship.

I'm about to share a very hurtful and painful experience I went through and I think it should be brought to the attention of everyone world wide and start a conversation that enact change so what I went through never happens again.

I was called a "four eyed, four eared giant purple eater" as a child (everyone knew that tune at the time). It left scars that I remember to this day and that was well over half a century ago. It wasn't fair. It wasn't kind. It was blatantly cruel and things like this still happen to this day (see bullying thread here in the Member's Corner that's been inactive for a while now). I survived this because of support I did get. I was made to believe that if someone had a problem with me, that's *their* problem, not mine.

Harry and Meghan very well could have realized that *one* person making a comment isn't reflective on an entire institution or an entire nation of people and realized it wasn't a truthful reflection on the two of them. Their use of something said by *one* person years ago had the intention of casting a disparaging light on even *more* things as their statements came forth.

It was totally unnecessary in my eyes. If I had to use a word to describe their motives with such statements, I would use the word "incite". They aimed to incite OMG faces and "how awful of them (the "institution") and install distrust towards the "other side" rather than open an intelligent conversation that could and would enact a difference. And all this from two people that profess to see the world with "kindness and compassion".

We all endure something in our lives that aren't pleasant and sometimes they're even chronic things that do no go away. We strive to enact change within ourselves rather than point fingers sobbing "they did this to me!!!" With the Sussexes, they *did* enact a change for themselves, they moved far, far away from the source of the hurt and hate and vitriol yet by their own actions, are inviting it into their lives even more now by calling attention to it.
It must have been hard to share your story with us. Thank you :flowers: I'm sure you went through a lot, and I fully understand your pain. I was called "whale", "fat", "God hates gluttons like you", "your tummy is horrible and ugly", it left scars for the rest of my life...I was an innocent child, and I became so damaged because of verbal bullying. Thankfully, my midset changed, but there are some things that I can't overcome such as going to the beach with a bikini (it might be a small problem to others, but for me it is not).

Yes, I felt very hurt and I cried almost everyday. However, I didn't hate those people all the time, I pitied them for most part (they were probably very unhappy too). If I wished them harm at some point? Yes, I did, but I realized it was damaging me too. If you dwell too much into it, you will become more unhappy and frustrated. I learned to live on, embrace life, family and those few true friends. It did heal me for most part, and I began to live a happier life.

The issue with Harry and Meghan is that they can't seem to move on, at all. I bet that their conversations at home must be only around their "problems", and not around "solutions". If they continue like this, they won't be truly happy in the future, and their lives will crumble eventually.

True, they may not be using the HRH but, for a couple who clearly despises the RF and "The Firm" so much, they sure are using the heck out of those Duke and Duchess titles. :whistling:

M&H are known to ask people to call them 'Meghan & Harry.' But Duke & Duchess of Sussex are in fact their titles, as are HRH, only they agreed to not use the HRH designation, and it doesn't matter anyway to their goals in life. The Queen gave them the Sussex title and there's no reason for them to not have accepted the title. Such a title was granted to Harry as a royal prince, and it is what it is.

Meanwhile, there's no reason for Meghan & Harry to ever renounce the Sussex title. If the British Parliament thinks it is of crucial urgency to strip M&H of the Sussex title, it would have to be debated in that government body, and a whole can of worms would be opened up which wouldn't just affect M&H, by the way.

Get used to the fact that M&H will continue to be known as and referred to as The Duke and Duchess Sussex, regardless of what anyone thinks about it, teasingly or otherwise. ;)

Last edited:
M&H are known to ask people to call them 'Meghan & Harry.' But Duke & Duchess of Sussex are in fact their titles, as are HRH, only they agreed to not use the HRH designation, and it doesn't matter anyway to their goals in life. The Queen gave them the Sussex title and there's no reason for them to not have accepted the title. Such a title was granted to Harry as a royal prince, and it is what it is.

Meanwhile, there's no reason for Meghan & Harry to ever renounce the Sussex title. If the British Parliament thinks it is of crucial urgency to strip M&H of the Sussex title, it would have to be debated in that government body, and a whole can of worms would be opened up which wouldn't just affect M&H, by the way.

Get used to the fact that M&H will continue to be known as and referred to as The Duke and Duchess Sussex, regardless of what anyone thinks about it, teasingly or otherwise. ;)

Do they have the right to use it? Sure they do. But my question is why on earth they'd want to? Since the entire institution and the RF are such big bad meanies and so horrible and racist and awful and won't protect or defend them....why do they so want to be associated with them by the use of titles? If they really hate them so much then why would they choose to keep using them?

As for getting used to it...first, there's really no need for this sort of comment because it really is quite rude. Second, we're all used to it, we just don't understand it. And third, I suspect we're all going to see a lot more of it because it's quite clear that they're never going to be happy or satisfied and will never just go and do their own thing without having to constantly scream about who or what they perceive is against them in the current minute.

But would it be appropriate for me to walk out into the street and accuse my neighbour of being a racist, on the grounds of something that his great-great-grandfather might have said or done 120 years ago?

Has happened to me when people find out I am German. It was not 120 years ago, though...

Hopefully parliament can amend the 1963 Peerage Act so that peers can renounce their titles at any time not just within the first year of inheriting them.

That way Harry Windsor could do the decent, honest & honourable thing & renounce his dukedom. Lots of people in Britain (probably most) would see that as a positive all round. It could also salvage some respect for Harry Windsor.

Then royal dukedoms would only be held by those who deserve them ie those who serve the crown & honour their duty to Britain & her people.

Last edited:
Hopefully parliament can amend the 1963 Peerage Act so that peers can renounce their titles at any time not just within the first year of inheriting them.

That way Harry Windsor could do the decent & honest thing & renounce his dukedom. Lots of people in Britain (probably most) would see that as a positive all round. It could also salvage some respect for Harry Windsor.

Then royal dukedoms would only be held by those who deserve them ie those who serve the crown & honour their duty to Britain & her people.

Durham, I'm sure you know that by "renounce" you mean "in abeyance", which means unless they change the laws even more, "Archie Windsor" would still end up with the Dukedom. They would have to bring up the treason laws to actually take it away.
...and even with those, Cumberland and Albany still aren't available, so it's just not that simple.

That way Harry Windsor could do the decent & honest thing & renounce his dukedom. Lots of people in Britain (probably most) would see that as a positive all round. It could also salvage some respect for Harry Windsor.

Then royal dukedoms would only be held by those who deserve them. Those who serve the crown & honour their duty to Britain & her people.

Seems I recall also that there have been murmurs in and around Parliament to change the Peerage Act so that daughters can inherit and pass on peerage titles. Totally change the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop to move into the 21st century. That is, if there's really a slow time in Parliament when everything concerning the government is all unicorns and rainbows and the MPs need to earn their paychecks. Hereditary peerage titles are actually, except for the royal and other odd occasion, a thing of the past anyways.

Titles and styles and forms of address :)ohmy:) are actually reflective of the continuity of what is the United Kingdom and its very rich and very far reaching into past history and that includes *all* of its history from the grand and glorious to the not so easy to swallow history. To obliterate a part of it would be like banning and burning books. We'd have nothing to learn from to see where changes need to be made.

Durham, I'm sure you know that by "renounce" you mean "in abeyance", which means unless they change the laws even more, "Archie Windsor" would still end up with the Dukedom. They would have to bring up the treason laws to actually take it away.
...and even with those, Cumberland and Albany still aren't available, so it's just not that simple.

The 1963 act allows peers to "renounce their titles".

https://www.parliament.uk/about/liv...form/lords-reform-1963-1999/peerage-act-1963/

You are of course right that this procedure is only for life & that Archie would in due course inherit the dukedom. Thank you for reminding me Prinsara.:flowers:

That said it's unlikely to be a royal dukedom by that time with the highly probable restriction in HRH styles.

Oh I think they could absolutely lose their titles if they continue the path they are on with attacking the Royal Family. If as you say, it doesn’t matter anyway to their goals in life whether they have titles or not then they should relinquish them. Meghan hates the Royal family and the UK so she should be perfectly happy to give up the titles. Archie and his future sister are going to be brought up in the US as Americans why do either of them need need a title? It’s useless in the US since the US does t recognize titles.

Do they have the right to use it? Sure they do. But my question is why on earth they'd want to? Since the entire institution and the RF are such big bad meanies and so horrible and racist and awful and won't protect or defend them....why do they so want to be associated with them by the use of titles? If they really hate them so much then why would they choose to keep using them?

As for getting used to it...first, there's really no need for this sort of comment because it really is quite rude. Second, we're all used to it, we just don't understand it. And third, I suspect we're all going to see a lot more of it because it's quite clear that they're never going to be happy or satisfied and will never just go and do their own thing without having to constantly scream about who or what they perceive is against them in the current minute.

People are going to refer to them by the Sussex title, despite the fact that they are informally called Meghan & Harry. It's not a big deal in the United States. Neither of them feel that the titles define who they are or determine what their passions and talents are in life. I think Harry appreciates being given the title by his grandmother, but he doesn't stand on ceremony with people he meets.

Neither Harry nor Meghan have done anything that warrants the Sussex title being removed. If there is felt to be an actual need to take the title away, it's not that simple to do so. I'm sure that many people in the aristocracy would not like to see such a precedent being set.

Plus there are specific rules governing the stripping of such a title, none of which have any bearing on M&H, no matter what anyone who dislikes them happens to think about anything they have done since stepping down, including their revelations in the recent interview.

Seems I recall also that there have been murmurs in and around Parliament to change the Peerage Act so that daughters can inherit and pass on peerage titles. Totally change the whole kit and kaboodle in one fell swoop to move into the 21st century. That is, if there's really a slow time in Parliament when everything concerning the government is all unicorns and rainbows and the MPs need to earn their paychecks. Hereditary peerage titles are actually, except for the royal and other odd occasion, a thing of the past anyways.

Titles and styles and forms of address :)ohmy:) are actually reflective of the continuity of what is the United Kingdom and its very rich and very far reaching into past history and that includes *all* of its history from the grand and glorious to the not so easy to swallow history. To obliterate a part of it would be like banning and burning books. We'd have nothing to learn from to see where changes need to be made.

Yes there's perennial discussion around inheritance rights & women. Of course many ancient peerages can & have passed down the female line.

Without wanting to go off topic the peerage has not always been seen fondly. To put it mildly. Plenty of radical history around that issue.

"When Adam delved & Eve span who was then the gentleman"

https://thehistoryofengland.co.uk/blog/2014/03/23/119-when-adam-delved-and-eve-span/

Meghan however did not ‘get to live in a Palace’, she and Harry were given former staff accommodation, and I don’t believe that any Royal from any dynasty living in the 21st century would wish to live as the Habsburgs or Romanovs did in the 1850s and ‘60s. So Meghan being an American actress is irrelevant.

WOW! "Former staff accommodation" - snobby much?! To be fair a lot of the apartments in Kensington Palace have been occupied by staff at some point as well as Royals. Millions was spent on turning this "former staff accommodation" into a lovely family home with several bedrooms, certainly more than needed for a family of 3 with plenty of space to invite friends and family over. Its not like they were shacking up in a one bed flat in BP. If they truly did ask for a flat in the main Windsor Castle then providing Frogmore Cottage was a huge step up from that and ensured they had their own space as a family to thrive in.
It is worth remembering the Windsor Estate includes a lot of private roads that while photos are taken from roads these roads are not entirely public but only open to those who can access the estate.

The Queen was more than generous to Harry and Meghan IMO - I truly expected a moderate KP apartment - the one that was last used by Charles' private secretary or similar sprung to mind - while Charles may have provided a country residence thus making them exactly the same as the Queen's children. I suspect Charles would have provided a country residence in time but H&M wanted to focus any country life around the Cotswolds where Soho House has a country site and where Charles wasn't able to provide a residence for them at the time. I suspect Charles hasn't become the savy landlord and Duchy holder by buying property on a whim. H&M were hardly around long enough to make fair decisions on what would have been done long term. I suspect in time Charles may have offered to buy a Cotswolds property outright for them. If they had wanted a property in a place Charles had one available I'm sure they would have had it.

The more we see and hear I truly think the issue H&M have (and I do thing it is their issue) is communication. They couldn't communicate their wishes for a new life clearly to the RF and make it clear what they wanted, they couldn't clearly communicate Meghan's mental health issues, they couldn't communicate Harry's unhappiness at playing an 'unequal' role in the RF to his brother, they couldn't communicate their unhappiness at their roles in the RF. All of their issues seem to come from not communicating what they want clearly enough. The RF may be quite formal and stuffy when it comes to communicating new ideas and new ways of doing things but that if life. My workplace is quite similar in terms of accepting new ideas- you really have to talk it through in depth and detail and be prepared to wait for them to get comfortable with it but maybe unlike H&M I feel it is worth it as I am proud and happy to work for the company I do which outweighs the issues.

I'll never know what makes Meghan so very special that she has to have all the King's men lined up to save her reputation when it was never done for the women before her. And I happen to disagree that she's the victim of all victims. Camilla was the most vilified woman in the UK for years, yet we never heard her whining on any TV that she had been let down.

Some of these "lies" turned out to be, in fact, true, as acknowledged by Meghan's mouthpiece in Finding Freedom, although he did his best to whitewash these as well. I fail to see why she should have been "defended" on this count.

For someone preaching on kindness on the internet, she speaks with both ends of her mouth. Noblesse obliges shouldn't be only about Richard III. Do as I say, not as I do. If she had chosen any other crusade to champion, it might have passed. And that's without her own ugly, self-serving hints about evil Catherine. She tried to bring Catherine down and elevate herself as all forgiving, with the effect that I wanted to reach through the screen and give her a good shake. She whined and whined how no one asked if she was OK after giving birth, yet she sobbed about her bridezilla feelings hurt by a woman who was either pregnant with HG or a postpartum mother. (Which can not be proved either way, the journalist who stated she was the one who made Kate cry stands behind her story and Meghan has told so many untruths that to me, she's totally discredited anyway.)

My sister in-law had HG with both pregnancies, although, unlike Catherine, she never had to be hospitalized. It took such a toll of her body that I don't want to even remember. To me, no matter what happened, Meghan is fully to blame for this one. It me. A personal opinion that I'm not going to change no matter what. This part of the interview made me think Meghan was considerably lacking in empathy. But well, I knew it since I first read about it in Finding Freedom. She had to say how she expected more guidance from Catherine who, at the time, was either pregnant or recuperating after a HG. She had to.

I'm not a fan.

Last edited:
People are going to refer to them by the Sussex title, despite the fact that they are informally called Meghan & Harry. It's not a big deal in the United States. Neither of them feel that the titles define who they are or determine what their passions and talents are in life. I think Harry appreciates being given the title by his grandmother, but he doesn't stand on ceremony with people he meets.

Neither Harry nor Meghan have done anything that warrants the Sussex title being removed. If there is felt to be an actual need to take the title away, it's not that simple to do so. I'm sure that many people in the aristocracy would not like to see such a precedent being set.

Plus there are specific rules governing the stripping of such a title, none of which have any bearing on M&H, no matter what anyone who dislikes them happens to think about anything they have done since stepping down, including their revelations in the recent interview.

For all the banging on about how they're entitled to use the Duke and Duchess titles, how Parliament won't remove them, etc., I'm still seeing absolutely no argument here about why they would wish to continue to be introduced, credited, or signed as the Duke and Duchess when those titles come from the institution and family that they now so clearly revile.

Will Parliament strip their titles? I doubt it. Do they technically hold those titles? Yes, absolutely. Can they use them if they so choose? Of course they can. But why? Why would they want to? They've now whined to the entire world that the RF and the Firm are ever so mean and cruel, so heartless, so thoughtless, won't defend and support them, won't take their side, racist, don't see their son as worthy, etc. but they want to use the titles on absolutely everything? I really don't care that they tell people to just call them Harry and Meghan. If they didn't want the titles used all they have to say is "Please list us as Harry and Meghan Mountbatten-Windsor in the credits/in the signature/in the introduction" and be done with it. They don't have to have them stripped or even formally renounce them. They just simply can make the choice not to use them. And after everything they just spewed in front of the world, I think most people would take one look and say "eh, makes sense when they were so unhappy with the institution and the family." Instead, they drone on and on and then insist that their titles are used. It really doesn't add up.

:previous:

There's plenty of terrible abuses, mischaracterizations and outright lies. If you can't see it, so be it.

Right. Meghan is supposed to call out individual instances of some supporters she's never met nor even directly knows anything about nor read anything about them having made personal claims and characterizations against some members of the BRF.

Meanwhile, Meghan has endured untold abuse and lies that no one in the royal family felt it was necessary to speak out against and nip in the bud as soon as it started. Not even the racist characterization of Archie as a chimp when he was two days old was called out by anyone in the BRF. Had the royal firm made the decision to call out the most egregious attacks, and had they presented a united front publicly from the very beginning of the concerted smear campaign, then things would probably not have escalated to this current state of affairs.

The very least Meghan could do is to dissociate herself from that vile Sussex club, that openly called for the assassination of Katherine, William and the kids

See, this is why I get so confused about Harry and Meghan. On one hand, they are supposedly strong and independent, on the other hand, they need to be protected at all cost and be financially supported by his father. On one hand, they said that "The Institution" is racist, on the other hand, they keep referring to themselves as "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex", a title that was given to them by said institution. Their words and actions simply don't match, they really should pick ONE narrative and stick with it.

The very least Meghan could do is to dissociate herself from that vile Sussex club, that openly called for the assassination of Katherine, William and the kids
But you forget. Meghan was the most trolled person in the world. She said so. She likely doesn't know that the Sussex club even exists. She only knows that everyone online hates her, although she doesn't read social media ;)

Meanwhile, Meghan has endured untold abuse and lies that no one in the royal family felt it was necessary to speak out against and nip in the bud as soon as it started. Not even the racist characterization of Archie as a chimp when he was two days old was called out by anyone in the BRF. Had the royal firm made the decision to call out the most egregious attacks, and had they presented a united front publicly from the very beginning of the concerted smear campaign, then things would probably not have escalated to this current state of affairs.

I agree here. It was bad enough that there were horrific and racist names on social media but that it was publicly done warranted a public response from the RF. We have a saying at my hospital organization- what you permit you promote.

But you forget. Meghan was the most trolled person in the world. She said so. She likely doesn't know that the Sussex club even exists. She only knows that everyone online hates her, although she doesn't read social media ;)

And they were thanked in the book.

I've been waiting to hear from Meghan and Harry how they're going to sue the latest people besmirching her reputation - Jason Knauf and the rest of the people accusing her of bullying. She knows at leas two names - Knauf's and the woman she gossiped with Janina about, telling her that she had had her fired for gross misconduct.

This far, there's only been silence. No running commentary from Gayle on this, alas.

That was the other thing I noticed that they incident they refuted was the making Kate cry didn't mention tiaragate or what happened at the Polo.

I've been waiting to hear from Meghan and Harry how they're going to sue the latest people besmirching her reputation - Jason Knauf and the rest of the people accusing her of bullying. She knows at leas two names - Knauf's and the woman she gossiped with Janina about, telling her that she had had her fired for gross misconduct.

This far, there's only been silence. No running commentary from Gayle on this, alas.

I hope that they've been advised that demanding BP had over the "evidence" in an investigation that actually has nothing to do with her but is about how employees need to be protected from bullying members of the family in the future is the wrong call.

That employees need to have guarantee that they can speak to the independent investigators without fear of Gayle or Janina suddenly screaming that they are liars, terrible people and terrible employees at the top of their lungs on breakfast television.

See, this is why I get so confused about Harry and Meghan. On one hand, they are supposedly strong and independent, on the other hand, they need to be protected at all cost and be financially supported by his father. On one hand, they said that "The Institution" is racist, on the other hand, they keep referring to themselves as "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex", a title that was given to them by said institution. Their words and actions simply don't match, they really should pick ONE narrative and stick with it.
This is what confuses me too. I really don't know what is their deal. I think they want the benefits of being royals without having the cons that come with it.

That employees need to have guarantee that they can speak to the independent investigators without fear of Gayle or Janina suddenly screaming that they are liars, terrible people and terrible employees at the top of their lungs on breakfast television.

Neither Gayle nor Janina did any of those terrible things. It's one thing to dislike the couple for whatever reason but another thing to fictitiously make accusations against the couple's supporters in an effort to make Harry & Meghan look like villains!

There's no reason to disbelieve the conversations that Harry relayed during the Oprah interview, regardless of 'recollections varying' by whomever. There's no way specific and multiple conversations of that nature, said to have transpired both before and after M&H were wed, can be misunderstood.

There's quite a few reasons to disbelieve it. First, Meghan either deliberately misrepresented or hugely misunderstood the legal effect of her pre-wedding exchange of vows with Harry. Second, even if the conversation about the baby's skin tone happened exactly the way Meghan said it did, it's still easy enough to verify that it wasn't the reason for decisions about titles and security, so that's another huge misrepresentation or misunderstanding on her part. Third, it's not even clear what Meghan is claiming happened. First she said that there were multiple conversations during her pregnancy, with the clear (and probably deliberate) implication that those multiple conversations were all between her and relatives commenting about the baby's skin tone. Later Harry, seemingly horrified that it had been brought up at all, said it was one comment made to him when they first started dating, that he later passed on to Meghan. The multiple conversations had been between Meghan and Harry, all regarding this one conversation Harry had with someone else 1-2 years previously - which is yet another huge misrepresentation on Meghan's part. Knowing all of that, it would be foolish to take anything she said at face value, especially regarding a conversation she only heard about secondhand.

Notwithstanding any questions about Meghan's honesty and accuracy, I think that context makes it even less likely that it was racist or at all offensive for one other reason. According to Meghan, Harry knew she was suicidal at that time. Are we supposed to believe that he thought it would be a good idea to tell his suicidal pregnant wife "Just FYI, my great aunt Duchess So-And-So told me two years ago that she'd never speak to me again if I had a brown baby"? Even if that conversation with Duchess So-And-So had happened, passing it on to Meghan at that point would only have needlessly upset her. Why on earth would he have done that? The only explanation that makes sense here is that Harry perceived the comment as innocent, and expected Meghan to see it the same way, and then she didn't. That doesn't mean she was wrong to feel differently about it, but it couldn't have been all that bad.

Neither Gayle nor Janina did any of those terrible things. It's one thing to dislike the couple for whatever reason but another thing to fictitiously make accusations against the couple's supporters in an effort to make Harry & Meghan look like villains!

I know they haven't done that yet. But they have gone on Breakfast TV to give an update on private family conversations designed yet again to paint Meghan as the victim which was the opposite of helpful. And also to share Meghan and Harry's complaints that people were focusing on the wrong thing or to keep reiterating that "Meghan has proof of all this!" Patrick J Adams has taken to social media to call the bullying allegations complete lies when he wasn't ever in that office environment and doesn't know Meghan as an employer.

From Meghan's previous "demands" for BP to hand over the evidence, the interview itself and her friends' willingness to be official leakers for the couple it's not a huge step at all to think that if BP did ever hand over their employees statements that either Meghan or one of her friends/spokespeople would suddenly appear on TV to yell about them. Is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom