The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Meghan isn't due anytime soon, I expect Harry to be in the UK.
Frogmore is his home. He can quarantine for a few days on a separate floor or on a different wing from the Brooksbanks.

If Meghan isn't due anytime soon, I expect Harry to be in the UK.
Frogmore is his home. He can quarantine for a few days on a separate floor or on a different wing from the Brooksbanks.

I'm sure they could find him somewhere covid safe in one of the royal residences but saying "Frogmore is his home and he can just say on a separate floor or wing to the Brooksbanks" is overlooking the fact that Frogmore isn't *that* big, they have a 2 month old baby and need to be as safe as possible and everything else a new born entails that means accommodating someone might not be easy.

And last but not least that even though his name is still on the lease that he gave that home up to someone else and doesn't automatically have rights to it on a dime.

Whilst it seems likely he'll try and get back I don't think we can take any reports about it as gospel for now.

I'm sure they could find him somewhere covid safe in one of the royal residences but saying "Frogmore is his home and he can just say on a separate floor" to the Brooksbanks" is overlooking the fact that Frogmore isn't *that* big, they have a 2 month old baby and need to be as safe as possible and everything else a new born entail.

And last but not least that even though his name is still on the lease that he gave that home up to someone else and doesn't automatically have rights to it on a dime.

Your right. I am sure he would have a bedroom and bathroom to himself but that is it. I am sure he could be put into Windsor itself but you know at thrbmomentnone has to question whether it is worth it.

I feel very sad for Harry today. I hope he will make it to, if not the funeral, a memorial service at some point.

I feel sorry for the entire family, with Philip's death. I think there would be a memorial in the future and perhaps a statue.

What hardly? But it isn't that easy and that home is either closed and/or used by Eugenie who has a small baby. As we dont really seem to know what the precise situation is with that. But who would you want to put at risk? Is that even fair? For a day. Harry loved his grandfather and that love isn't contingent on being able.to attend a service under extreme pandemic condtions. He would either have to enter a house with others and then br isolated from them for 5 days at a time when his wife is pregnant and people are nervous. No younger member of the royal family would have been vaccinated it. People are going through horrendous times at the moment.

The BRF isn't exactly lacking properties. I'm positive they could find somewhere – anywhere – to put him in isolation where his contact with others would be minimal.

You don't need to attend someone's funeral to have loved them deeply, no. But when, with a few amendments to the original plans perhaps, there is a chance for a grandchild to be able to be at their grandparent's funeral, I don't see why on earth that shouldn't happen. "Is it worth it for just one day?" I think for anyone who's lost someone close to them, the answer would be a resounding yes. Absolutely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for the entire family, with Philip's death. I think there would be a memorial in the future and perhaps a statue.

I hadn't really thought about that but I do hope you're right. He's been a leading voice for such a long time on technology, the environment, healthy living, etc., not to mention his naval service during WWII and his services to Queen and country, that it really would seem very appropriate for a statue to be placed at some point in the relatively near future.

The BRF isn't exactly lacking properties. I'm positive they could find somewhere – anywhere – to put him in isolation where his contact with others would be minimal.

You don't need to attend someone's funeral to have loved them deeply, no. But when, with a few amendments to the original plans perhaps, there is a chance for a grandchild to be able to be at their grandparent's funeral, I don't see why on earth that shouldn't happen. "Is it worth it for just one day?" I think for anyone who's lost someone close to them, the answer would be a resounding yes. Absolutely.

These are not normal times. And people have, and are, having to make decisions which in normal times are unheard of. I would be neither shocked or surprised if he wasn't there. And I dont know about America but the UK is still very much in lockdown with the first major steps out happening on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Brooksbanks do not live at Frogmore.

If Harry wishes to be in the UK for Philip's funeral, I do not believe he would be impeded from doing so.

However, we are certainly in no position to judge any decision he undertakes. Perhaps they had long conversations many years in the past wherein Philip revealed he thought funerals were ridiculous and he hoped no one would put themselves out to attend his. Perhaps Meghan is unwell at this time and Harry is not comfortable leaving her. Perhaps Philip and Harry had conversations in recent weeks in which Philip expressed a desire that Harry not reunite with the family under these circumstances.

We just don't know.

No-one's said anything yet. I remember Prince Charles making a short speech about the loss of his "darling aunt" when Princess Margaret died, so I wondered if he might say something on behalf of the family, but they're obviously not ready to speak publicly yet.

No-one's said anything yet. I remember Prince Charles making a short speech about the loss of his "darling aunt" when Princess Margaret died, so I wondered if he might say something on behalf of the family, but they're obviously not ready to speak publicly yet.

I dont think anyone will and if they do it will be the Queen or Prince Charles. Harry and Meghan should not have done that as the rest of the family have not.

The Brooksbanks do not live at Frogmore.

If Harry wishes to be in the UK for Philip's funeral, I do not believe he would be impeded from doing so.

However, we are certainly in no position to judge any decision he undertakes. Perhaps they had long conversations many years in the past wherein Philip revealed he thought funerals were ridiculous and he hoped no one would put themselves out to attend his. Perhaps Meghan is unwell at this time and Harry is not comfortable leaving her. Perhaps Philip and Harry had conversations in recent weeks in which Philip expressed a desire that Harry not reunite with the family under these circumstances.

We just don't know.

RRs seem to think that the photos Eugenie and Jack have been posting are taken at Frogmore not at Royal Lodge or Nott Cott.

The current discussions are not about Harry reuniting with his family or wanting to be there, we can all assume he wants to be there, but whether practical Covid safety issues combined with his pregnant wife on another continent will make it practically possible.

Harry and Meghan's website has done dark in a memorial for Prince Philip.

https://archewell.com

Hmmm...well...I can't say I'm surprised. I guess I take back what I said about being pleasantly surprised that they had refrained. So much for that whole "they won't say anything, the family statement spoke for everyone, their statement isn't necessary" bit, I guess.

I wholeheartedly agree Sandy345. I also believe that there will be public service of memorial or thanksgiving in the future. Very likely too that we'll see a statue at some point in the coming years.

Frogmore Cottage is his home in the UK. If he wants to return and needs to quarantine for the mandated 5 days, he can very much do it there.

Hmmm...well...I can't say I'm surprised. I guess I take back what I said about being pleasantly surprised that they had refrained. So much for that whole "they won't say anything, the family statement spoke for everyone, their statement isn't necessary" bit, I guess.

A bit formal, not what I would expect from a family member.

RRs seem to think that the photos Eugenie and Jack have been posting are taken at Frogmore not at Royal Lodge or Nott Cott.

The current discussions are not about Harry reuniting with his family or wanting to be there, we can all assume he wants to be there, but whether practical Covid safety issues combined with his pregnant wife on another continent will make it practically possible.

I think it is fairly obvious that they are in Windsor from the pictures and given that the first pictures of baby August where taken by a discharging midwife...I have assumed theybare at Frogmore as Fergie or Andrew could take the pics if they were in Royal Lodge. It is their home and despite whatever word salad the statements said at the time you cannot just turn up on their door with one a small baby and two the current situation.

Will depend how far along she is. She did a tour around her 7th month and my guess she is around that now. That said it would be on the advice of her doctor and how she is feeling with the pandemic and whatnot.

So I am not expecting it but we shall see. I will assume Harry is likely on his way. If the plan is for him to be in the UK for a lengthy time, then they might travel together.

i somehow think that her presence at such a delicate event after the interview bombshell will not necessarily be welcome, particularly if she didn't know philip well. and pregnancy combined with COVID is as great excuse as any for her (and the others) in this awkward situation.

harry is another matter, he is after all philip's grandchild and will likely want to be present - even if it upsets the family, they can hardly hold it against him that he wanted to be there for his granddad.

According to the Mail Harry is preparing to go back and he's released a statement. I'm on my phone so I can't get the link to publish.

Frogmore Cottage is his home in the UK. If he wants to return and needs to quarantine for the mandated 5 days, he can very much do it there.

Meh that was word salad. It is Eugenie and Jack's who have a small baby and the current situation. He could.easily be put up somewhere else if needs be but this is not a typical time.

Meh that was word salad. It is Eugenie and Jack's who have a small baby and the current situation. He could.easily be put up somewhere else if needs be but this is not a typical time.

How is it word salad when they have paid their money for a long lease and it is their home. Eugenie and Jack can also go elsewhere. Her family have a large estate they can very easily relocate to for a few days. They did it before when people thought they left the cottage temporarily.

None of this is pleasant but I think people understand the circumstances.

Last edited:
How is it word salad when they have paid their money for a long leash and it is their home. Eugenie and Jack can also go elsewhere. Her family have a large estate they can very easily relocate to for a few days. They did it before when people thought they left the cottage temporarily.

None of this is pleasant but I think people understand the circumstances.

In that it would continue to their home. They gave it to Eugenie and Jack. You can't just kick them out. The wording at the time.stated that if the Sussex.required it when in the UK they couldshare it with the Brooksbanks when in England. That isn't appropriate at the moment.

It isn't Harry's home. He has one and who would turf a young family and small baby.

Windsor is big enough for him to be given some rooms to quarantine of needed.

Even if you're name's on the lease you can't just say "this is my home I have a right to be here" to your sub tenants at a moment's notice. Especially if they have a new born baby and are presumably being very careful with covid safety.

To think that Eugenie, Jack and August can just pop along to her parents for a week or so for his convenience is the height of arrogance.

He would be the solo traveller, it's far easier to accommodate him somewhere else if necessary rather than boot a family out of their house.

I don’t think Harry would relocate them whatsoever but IF his was bringing over his family and needed the space, then yes I can see arrangements being made.

I don’t think Harry would relocate them whatsoever but IF his was bringing over his family and needed the space, then yes I can see arrangements being made.

I dont think. Whatever the fudge it is no longer Harry's home. He could easily stay somewhere else.

It is Harry's home at the end of the day.

No one knows the terms and conditions of the agreement is with the Brooksbanks. I'm sure they're not going to tell him to go elsewhere when Frogmore is big enough for him to quarantine in another wing of the cottage.

Posts containing unnecessary criticism of a website memorial for Prince Philip have been removed. Subsequent responses to those posts have also been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom