The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2022, 01:18 PM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: October 2022-

Welcome to The Sussex Family
News & Events, Part Seven

Commencing October 2022

The previous thread can be found here.
Please be mindful of the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.

Old 10-06-2022, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Due to the constant closures of the Sussex threads, the moderating team will facilitate Sussex-related discussions as follows:

The Sussex News thread will remain closed until a new piece of information or news is published. The thread will then be opened by a moderator, and the thread will remain open for a period of 48hrs for discussion on the news only. Once the 48hr period has ended, the thread will return to its previous closed status.

Should the thread descend into bickering, personal attacks or off-topic commentary during that 48hr period, it will be closed immediately and reset to waiting for a new piece of information/news.

Prior to posting, ALL news-links have to be sent to the mod. team.
The mod. team will check these links and assess if they can be posted.
The mod. team will post the links themselves, wihile crediting the poster who sent it.

Moderators are: Zonk, JessRulz, soapstar, Ista and Marengo. It is best to cc all of us.

The negative atmosphere in previous Sussex threads was caused by endless repetitive discussions on things which happened up to four years ago, the Sussex couple's exit from the BRF, over-analysis of their behaviour, and arguments back and forth between those who like and those who dislike the Sussexes. Some lines of discussion were like a dog with a bone, no-one willing to let go of the fight, to the detriment of the thread.

To be brutally honest, these threads were not pleasant to read and the behaviour exhibited childlike. That posters felt themselves above the rules and routinely ignored moderator direction further emphasised this.

As such, the following aspects are considered off-topic going forward:
  • Rehashing of events from 2017-2021, unless DIRECTLY relevant to the new information
  • Unsubstantiated gossip, rumour, speculation, hearsay and innuendo. Social media is not a source. All new information must be accompanied by a link to a media outlet.
  • Debates over titles or stripping of titles
  • Accusations or inference of racism towards the subject, other members or the media
  • Aggressive, sarcastic or disruptive tones
  • Agenda-driven posts or posts deemed to have intent to disrupt the thread
  • Bickering, arguing or back-and-forth discussions to the exclusion of others
  • Post that otherwise add nothing of merit, interest or benefit to the discussion

Those who do not comply with these new rules will be suspended, and then banned from TRF if they repeat offend.

These rules apply to ALL Sussex-related threads.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Reliability of News Sources

To assist in keeping discussions as factual as possible, the moderating team has created the following example list of international news sources and grouped them based on their reliability and previous history to provide factual or correct information.

Please use this list as a guide when viewing and forming opinions on information. If your source is not listed, base the reliability off of a similar source.

Reliable Sources
BBC
The Times / The Sunday Times
The Telegraph
Guardian

Semi-Reliable Sources
The Daily Mail
Daily Mirror / Sunday Mirror
Daily Express
The Sun
Vanity Fair
People Magazine

Unreliable Sources
Social Media pages
Page Six
National Enquirer

Not wanted: opinion columns or opinion vlogs from the Murdoch press and such. We can form our own opinions without their help.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Prince Harry, Sir Elton John, David Furnish, Elizabeth Hurley, Sadie Frost and Baroness Doreen Lawrence have launched a legal action against Associated Newspapers, publishers of The Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday and the Mail Online.

Article from ITV here.

Quote:
The allegations include:

The hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people’s cars and homes

The commissioning of individuals to "surreptitiously listen into and record people’s live, private telephone calls whilst they were taking place"

The payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information

The impersonation of individuals to obtain medical information from private hospitals, clinics, and treatment centres by deception

The accessing of bank accounts, credit histories and financial transactions through illicit means and manipulation.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

I would really like to see a list of people that refused to be part of that law suit - as it has been doing the rounds for a while now and could only get 7 people - sounds odd.

Also looking at the names and the items that they were looking for - what information did they get. I cannot think if any stories the news group has broken that I can clearly state the information was illegally obtained. Is this historical ?
Old 10-06-2022, 01:50 PM
Courtier

Wow, I had no idea the press could be so sneaky.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: October 2022-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I would really like to see a list of people that refused to be part of that law suit - as it has been doing the rounds for a while now and could only get 7 people - sounds odd.

Also looking at the names and the items that they were looking for - what information did they get. I cannot think if any stories the news group has broken that I can clearly state the information was illegally obtained. Is this historical ?

I’d like to know how many didn’t want to be a part of this too. That’s a short list of people. Not surprised Harry joined though.

Indeed- what information did they actually get?

These are some pretty serious accusations. Criminal. I wonder what evidence they have.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Associated newspapers has responded to the allegations.

Quote:
"We utterly and unambiguously refute these preposterous smears which appear to be nothing more than a pre-planned and orchestrated attempt to drag the Mail titles into the phone hacking scandal concerning articles up to 30 years old.

These unsubstantiated and highly defamatory claims - based on no credible evidence - appear to be simply a fishing expedition by claimants and their lawyers, some of whom have already pursued cases elsewhere."

Source
I will be interesting to see where this case goes and what evidence the claimants have.

I’m also curious about when these incidents took place. I know Harry is currently suing a few tabloids (The Sun and the Mirror) over the phone hacking scandal that happened back in the early 2000s. So I wonder if this lawsuit is tied to that?
Old 10-06-2022, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Just a quick question: shouldn't The Duke's coat of arms now have just a three-point label as the son of a Sovereign? The five-pointed is for grandsons.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Administrator

It probably should but I was not able to find that one yet. But if anybody does we can replace it.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Associated newspapers has responded to the allegations.

I will be interesting to see where this case goes and what evidence the claimants have.

I’m also curious about when these incidents took place. I know Harry is currently suing a few tabloids (The Sun and the Mirror) over the phone hacking scandal that happened back in the early 2000s. So I wonder if this lawsuit is tied to that?
Associated Newspapers aren't connected with the News of the World etc. But I suppose it's possible that they were using the same sources.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

I actually think this relates to the same time period. I really think it is historical.
Old 10-07-2022, 03:47 PM
Administrator

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended a Jack Johnson concert in Santa Barbara this week:

** dm article: Harry and Meghan's date night! Sussexes are spotted dancing together ..**
Old 10-07-2022, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad they were able to go and have a good time! It's been ages since I've been to a concert. The pandemic and the economy have pretty much made it impossible for me to go right now.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 10-07-2022, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Yes, people attending concerts and the theatre is a great sign that things are getting back to normal. It’s so good to see Harry and Meghan together having a good time in a relaxed atmosphere. Great that they danced together as well. Married for four and a half years and together for six and a half and still in love.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

For the second time in less than a week, this is a reminder that members are not permitted to post news items on the Sussex thread without moderator permission. The procedure, as the rules at the top of the page state, is to email the entire British forum moderating team with the link. One of the moderators will post the link and open the thread for discussion.

This is exactly the way the Sussex thread has been run for a considerable amount of time, so should not come as a surprise at this point.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:22 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Some news courtesy of Curryong:

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will help women in need across the US with a $1million dollar fund in a charity project inspired by Meghan's podcast.

Harry and Meghan's charitable Archewell Foundation has teamed up with The VING Project to give grants of $1,000 to women throughout the US who have been nominated by teenagers aged between 14 and 18 for inspiring others.

The drive has been inspired by Meghan's podcast, Archetypes, which invites a female guest on each week for a chat. During the discussion, they speak about how they have been stereotyped by their gender, race and background and how they have managed to overcome such stereotypes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...oundation.html
Old 10-09-2022, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not sure I understand this fully. Are Archewell donating a million dollars? Or is it this other organisation called Ving (whoever they are) which has the money?
Old 10-09-2022, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

From what the Mail says, Archewell is donating the money to VING, which will then make the grants. It's so nice to see Harry and Meghan focusing on something positive rather than on making nasty remarks about Harry's family: long may it continue.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:13 AM
Majesty

Within the DM article it says

‘The Archewell Foundation will donate the $1million to the VING project so it can carry out its work.’

So it appears that the money will come from Archewell.