The Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how many items were purchased! Bravo to all those who participated & helped to make this project a success.

I’m very happy that I was able to purchase several items & that it also helped others. It was such a terrific idea & I’m so glad that it was successful!

May the success of Smart Works continue.

Meghan was spotted leaving the National Theatre today. There are a few pap pictures.

Glad that Meghan is making these private visits so soon after their return to the UK. I have to wonder if some of these visits ie: National Theatre and the Hub were ones that were originally scheduled for Nov. and Dec. 2019?

Maybe its just me but from what I've observed over the years, the actual "visiting" a patronage or organization as a public, scheduled event is only 10% of the work that goes into what the royals do. Sometimes private visits are spotted but for the most part, they go unannounced.

Its very possible that Meghan has kept up and informed on things happening with the Hubb kitchen, the National Theater and other interests even when she was "away" on a private break. Its not like she was totally isolated and off the grid hiding in a cave somewhere. I'm sure she has kept up with her staff (Harry too come to think of it) and plots and plans were made for their return to public duties that we're seeing now.

Meghan is exactly as she described herself. She's a woman that works and not a lady that lunches. At least, that's what I see.

I am hopeful we see a project a la Smart Works type involving the National Theater from Meg this year. Especially around increasing diversity.

I could see it though I don't think every patronage needs a big project like that. That worked for Smartworks. Mayhew having a complete renovation of their kennels last year was a big project that worked for them but it was far from high profile. I can totally see the National Theatre being involved in things like Sentabale nights benefits. But either way looking forward to all their upcoming works.

I am hopeful we see a project a la Smart Works type involving the National Theater from Meg this year. Especially around increasing diversity.

If it is one thing the two majorly publicly funded theatres in the UK, NT and RSC, do exceptionally well and take very seriously is diversity. Everyone can improve but to be honest they are on it. The film industry however...

In fact the National theatre don't really have much need of Meghan as a patron in an involvement sense or to raise profile. To sell tickets to get people to fundraisers. Well she would be great at that. As was Churchill's daughter when she did it. But I get why she does it.

Earlier this month, The Duchess of Sussex popped in to see the amazing people at Mayhew to hear about the incredible progress made throughout the festive period.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7nU1KqJUPP/

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...rkle-wears-269-Massimo-Dutti-coat-Mayhew.html

It's amazingly coincidental, that everytime we get something from the Sussexs, it's just after Catherine or William have been in the press. The first few times, I brushed it off but this is now the 3rd time it's happened and it's getting a bit silly.

It's amazingly coincidental, that everytime we get something from the Sussexs, it's just after Catherine or William have been in the press. The first few times, I brushed it off but this is now the 3rd time it's happened and it's getting a bit silly.
I started noticing this pattern lately. One time, for sure an accident, but it's a recurring thing at this time. It's just sad.

I think it looks especially bad when the visit happened 2 weeks ago.

Someone better tell Charles to schedule his events better...they are already releasing posts from his event today.

Come on ppl. All the articles about their engagements will be read. It's not going to matter one iota if they are overlapping in the same day. It's happened before with all of them, it will happen again.

LaRae

I am glad she's still the patron of Mayhew. She's always been an animal lover.
What I like about her personal patronage is that they're always consistent with her interest pre-Harry

I'm interested to see what new charities she ends up working with in Canada.

LaRae

I hope one of them is to do with animals, especially dogs, as she seems to have a really affinity with them. And it's great that she visited Mayhew.

I am thinking she's keeping Mayhew ...at least their previous comments said they were keeping their private patronages etc...but maybe she will add another animal related charity in Canada.

LaRae

Someone better tell Charles to schedule his events better...they are already releasing posts from his event today.

Come on ppl. All the articles about their engagements will be read. It's not going to matter one iota if they are overlapping in the same day. It's happened before with all of them, it will happen again.

LaRae

Especially since William and Catherine will have more engagements as time goes on. Which makes the chance of them overlapping bigger.

I mean...are people really throwing a fit about two pics?? I mean Kate just launched her [...] project the same day that Charles is giving a free speech... but that isn't competing for attention?

At the end of the day, royals do things on the same day. Not sure why people keep trying to keep score on this.

Whatever, they are cute pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's now move on please and stick to the actual topic of the Duchess of Sussex's charities and patronages. Thank you.

[...]

Moving forward, hopefully we can simply allow Meghan & Harry to get on with their lives largely out of the royal spotlight. It's probably best to take time and allow the dust to settle, and leave Meghan, Harry and Archie to their privacy as much as possible.

I believe it was confirmed that Meghan will continue to work with all four of the patronages she was given early last year: ACU, The National Theatre, SmartWorks, and Mayhew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone feels the way they feel about recent developments and emotions are apparently still high. I personally think it's best to take time and allow the dust to settle. Royal aficionados are probably best served trying to enjoy royalty watching of the working royals while leaving Meghan, Harry and Archie to their privacy.

Well, right now, they’re posting on Instagram. So- what privacy? If they wanted privacy, they wouldn’t be posting pictures. I assume they’re looking for good PR, especially after all the bad PR from the last 2 weeks.

And technically they are still working royals.

The pics are nice though.

Last edited:
Well, right now, they’re posting on Instagram. So- what privacy? If they wanted privacy, they wouldn’t be posting pictures. I assume they’re looking for good PR, especially after all the bad PR from the last 2 weeks.

And technically they are still working royals.

The pics are nice though.

They all want privacy in their private lives and they all have Instagram accounts. They haven’t posted anything out of the ordinary. Nothing William and Catherine, Charles and Camilla have also posted. Yet Harry and Meghan are the only ones criticised for what they all want.

They all want privacy in their private lives and they all have Instagram accounts. They haven’t posted anything out of the ordinary. Nothing William and Catherine, Charles and Camilla have also posted. Yet Harry and Meghan are the only ones criticised for what they all want.

I didn’t say it was out of the ordinary.

All I’m saying is- as long as they’re posting on social media, they’re choosing a public life of sorts. And what comes with it.

What do you think that Meghan's first new charity in Canada might be?

I'm kinda thinking it will be Justice for Girls that she visited recently. I'm interested in hearing more about it myself.

LaRae

I'm kinda thinking it will be Justice for Girls that she visited recently. I'm interested in hearing more about it myself.

LaRae

That makes sense. Something women or animal related seems highly likely.

It would be nice if rather than associating themselves with particular charities in Canada they visited different ones every time so that they can highlight their areas of work. Patronage’s are a very royal thing to have but now they broke free and could organise themselves a bit differently to give different worthy causes a bit of air time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom