The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Guy might be getting a new pup sibling. Three dogs and a baby? Sussex house will be busy.
It's like someone knew you were going to ask this question

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...59239131697152

Quote:
Meghan was very taken with Jack Russell cross Minnie, who is being put up for adoption today. The Duchess wanted to take her home but said: “We can’t take another dog before the baby as our hands are too full.”
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #142  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's like someone knew you were going to ask this question

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...59239131697152
Well, at least she's rational. But I have a feeling Minnie won't be there for much longer.
__________________

  #143  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Well, at least she's rational. But I have a feeling Minnie won't be there for much longer.
Are you folks sure you're not disguising yourselves on here as secret reporters, because again someone has just tweeted the exact same thing

It would have been lovely for Meghan to bring her dogs with her today.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #144  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:37 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine toured the Costume Department today, she did watch a short rehearsal of Two Pigeons (not actual pigeons ) and I calculate she was there for roughly 2/2 and a half hours.



I'm not worried.

Would you mind however, answering my question in regards to how you know, and state as fact, it was due to her evening engagement that this visit was so short? If you don't have an answer just say you don't know.
I just know the royals and their officials are usually aware of timings and try to get as much in on these engagements as much as possible.

Princess Anne is praised for how much engagements she do in a day, but, many don’t focus on the fact that she don’t stay at her engagements for long periods of time. That’s according to royal reporters and correspondents. She make her visit and move then move on to the next within a short period of time. The amount of time you stay at an official doesn’t count for how much you care for your patronage. The time the royals devote their time and energy keeping up to date and corresponding with their royal patronage’s mean so much more. It’s just some engagements last longer or shorter than others. It all depends on what you’re doing and how slow or quick you conduct that engagement. It don’t take that much time to meet some people and and pat a few pets here and there.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #145  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:37 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I’m not sure why staying longer in Birkenhead justifies staying just 35 mins at her new charity.
I don't think he was justifying anything. More explaining she did all she was suppose to do and left once everything was done. Everyone seemed happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's like someone knew you were going to ask this question

https://twitter.com/RoyalReporter/st...59239131697152

That is cute. Meghan must have looked like she REALLY wanted that dog.
  #146  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Are you folks sure you're not disguising yourselves on here as secret reporters, because again someone has just tweeted the exact same thing

It would have been lovely for Meghan to bring her dogs with her today.
Great minds.

I would love to see her bring Guy and the new dog (whatever her name is, we STILL don't know ) after the baby. The chances of something going wrong is probably slim, but you never know with dogs and dogs they don't know. It's probably best to avoid that with just a pregnant lady.
  #147  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:43 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just know the royals and their officials are usually aware of timings and try to get as much in on these engagements as much as possible.
Fab! Thanks for admitting you don't know it as fact. I do believe that it's really best when posting to keep fact and opinion separate. This really gives readers the best chance at understanding situations and comments.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #148  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Fab! Thanks for admitting you don't know it as fact. I do believe that it's really best when posting to keep fact and opinion separate. This really gives readers the best chance at understanding situations and comments.
What I said is fact. I just don’t make it a habit of focusing on how much time a member of the royal family spend at their engagements. I focus on what they did and people they met and the fact they showed up. You know, the real stuff.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #149  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:56 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What I said is fact. I just don’t make it a habit of focusing on how much time a member of the royal family spend at their engagements. I focus on what they did and people they met and the fact they showed up. You know, the real stuff.
Except it isn't fact. It is your opinion that because of this evenings engagement Meghans visit to The Mayhew was so short. You don't know that is true. You "know the royals and their officials are usually aware of timings". I do think it's really important in a forum like this that we differentiate fact from opinions, as do the moderators. That's why we don't speculate about pregnancies before they happen!

As for focusing on what Meghan did today that's great! Meghan showed up to an engagement for one of her first four patronages, greeted and played with some dogs as well as meeting people who support the charity, and been supported by it. She then left after 35 minutes.


Lets leave this here shall we, and look forward to this evenings appearance which is a little longer.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #150  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:56 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,152
What if this wasn't meant to be a long engagement in the first place. As been stated, Meghan has been to Mayhew before and perhaps this visit was primarily a photo op and a short meet and greet after it was officially announced that Mayhew was a patronage that Meghan was taking on.

The only thing I would have been worried about with Meghan at the shelter and being pregnant would be being around cat litter because cat feces (and soil or sand where cats have been) can carry a parasitic infection called toxoplasmosis.

Anyways, it looks like Meghan enjoyed the visit and was able to restrain herself from taking Minnie home right there on the spot. Its such a huge temptation to resist once those puppy dog eyes steal your heart away.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #151  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Nice video of Meghan with Minnie. She was just going to pet her, but then changed her mind after standing a little bit and bent down to pick her up.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...61272706482183

I wonder what her pups will do when she gets home. My little guy? If I dared to hold another dog while out, he's all over me when I get back sniffing me and giving me the evil eye.
  #152  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
Fantastic overview of today's charity event!
Mad About Meghan: Meghan Meets Minnie During First Official Visit to Patronage Mayhew
  #153  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 824
Not to derail the thread or anything but didn't Camilla once adopt a dog from one of the charities or patronages she supports? I seem to recall that she did but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that Minnie or another dog from Mayhew might find themselves a home with the Sussexes in the not to distant future.
  #154  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Not to derail the thread or anything but didn't Camilla once adopt a dog from one of the charities or patronages she supports? I seem to recall that she did but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that Minnie or another dog from Mayhew might find themselves a home with the Sussexes in the not to distant future.
I believe so. As for the Sussexes, they've got their hands full right now and in the foreseeable future. She had to control herself today with Minnie.

BTW, Meghan also talked about the advantage of adopting an older dog today. Which is important in my opinion because most people are look to adopt puppies. However, there are a lot of advantages to adopt an older dog that people overlook. She adopted Guy when he was older, they guessed he was about 3 based on his teeth.
  #155  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Not to derail the thread or anything but didn't Camilla once adopt a dog from one of the charities or patronages she supports? I seem to recall that she did but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Anyway, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that Minnie or another dog from Mayhew might find themselves a home with the Sussexes in the not to distant future.
Yes. That's true. But do we know if Harry and Meghan's new dog is a shelter dog? Could the dog have come from this charity?
  #156  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What if this wasn't meant to be a long engagement in the first place. As been stated, Meghan has been to Mayhew before and perhaps this visit was primarily a photo op and a short meet and greet after it was officially announced that Mayhew was a patronage that Meghan was taking on.

The only thing I would have been worried about with Meghan at the shelter and being pregnant would be being around cat litter because cat feces (and soil or sand where cats have been) can carry a parasitic infection called toxoplasmosis.
She need to actually eat their feces (and they need to actually be infected) to get it. She has a better of contracting Toxo from uncooked beef than from a cat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

As for focusing on what Meghan did today that's great! Meghan showed up to an engagement for one of her first four patronages, greeted and played with some dogs as well as meeting people who support the charity, and been supported by it. She then left after 35 minutes.


Lets leave this here shall we, and look forward to this evenings appearance which is a little longer.
I agree that 35 min is a very short time frame for such an important cause, especially since she seems to have stayed at Smart Work for a good couple of hours and the luncheon with the hubb ladies. In my opinion this does not provide good optics to her commitment to this cause- dare I hope i’m wrong.
  #157  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
I agree that 35 min is a very short time frame for such an important cause, especially since she seems to have stayed at Smart Work for a good couple of hours and the luncheon with the hubb ladies. In my opinion this does not provide good optics to her commitment to this cause- dare I hope i’m wrong.
Like I said earlier, it depends on the activities they can plan. You can only stand around and talk to people for so long. She covered a good range of topics during the visit that'll provide plenty for coverage of what they do. I'm not sure how that's bad optics. Royal visits are short a lot of times. She took time and went through everything they had planned, and then left.
  #158  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:40 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Yes. That's true. But do we know if Harry and Meghan's new dog is a shelter dog? Could the dog have come from this charity?
It wouldn't surprise me if their newest dog came from Mayhew. Its been stated that Meghan has visited the shelter before. We didn't know that when we got word that they had a new member of the family.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #159  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
I don't know...it was said they got a Lab ...that Harry was raised around them and loves them. Not that the shelter couldn't of had one up for adoption.


LaRae
  #160  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't know...it was said they got a Lab ...that Harry was raised around them and loves them. Not that the shelter couldn't of had one up for adoption.


LaRae
I have my doubts about the breed. When they were in Sussex, Meghan and Harry received a drawing of Guy, but she mistakenly thought it was the new dog. So I wonder.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages Warren The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 209 04-07-2020 10:25 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry baby names british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household interesting introduction jewellery jewelry kids movie list of rulers luxembourg maxima monarchy mountbatten nepal nepalese royal family pless princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen victoria resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wedding gown welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×