The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
An article recognizing Meghan’s work with Smart Works.

Meghan Markle Is Helping Unemployed Women Nail Job Interviews
She’s encouraging them with the confidence they need to find work.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/con...women-careers/
__________________

  #122  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 738
That is a good topic, very informative.

And also the other articles on that page regarding women's and girls' issues.
__________________

  #123  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 313
^ Yes. So many interesting and important topics being covered.

Here is another article, describing Duchess Meghan’s work so far, with Smart Works.

“Her empathy and insight were obvious. The duchess is a natural coach and our clients were inspired and helped by her," the charity's founder said

Meghan Markle to help vulnerable British women 'reach for ...
  #124  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,364
She has arrived at Mayhew:
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...37656421994496
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #125  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:23 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,646



Here are some photos of her visit:


** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **


** dailymail: Watch out for muddy paws! Meghan opts for head-to-toe cream on a visit to a London animal charity..**
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #126  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,364
Meghan stayed at the Mayhew for 35 minutes, she's left now. Henry and Meghan have the performance at the Royal Albert Hall this evening.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #127  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,117
This is a very worthwhile charity. I hope Meghan stops for a longer time on her next visit, and hears some more about Mayhew's work, sees more of the animals. That will be fun.
  #128  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:57 AM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,792
That’s a really short visit. I wish she could have stayed longer.
__________________
  #129  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:06 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
That’s a really short visit. I wish she could have stayed longer.
She’ll be back. Just a short window due to the evening engagement.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #130  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:08 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
This is a very worthwhile charity. I hope Meghan stops for a longer time on her next visit, and hears some more about Mayhew's work, sees more of the animals. That will be fun.
I also wished it was longer but not surprised it was short when I saw she was visiting in the afternoon and they have an evening engagement. It was nice seeing Mayhew went on This Morning today. A lot of nice press for them.

Meghan has been visiting them since the fall of last year.
  #131  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:11 AM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She’ll be back. Just a short window due to the evening engagement.
Oh I imagine she will. It just would have been nice if she had scheduled this visit during a time when she didn’t have other commitments/engagements planned.
__________________
  #132  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
A video from today of Meghan talking to someone who has benefited from Mayhew's program.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...53208200753153


@RE_DailyMail
Follow Follow @RE_DailyMail
More
The Duchess of Sussex with Wullie Struthers, who used to be homeless, with Azzy and Gallis @themayhew
  #133  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She’ll be back. Just a short window due to the evening engagement.
How do you know that it was a short visit due to the evening engagement?

Mayhew engagement was announced first, it's also only 16 minutes from Notts Cottage. The red carpet for this evenings event starts at 6:15pm with the show not actually beginning until 7:30pm which is just under 5 hours from the time she left The Mayhew.

Whilst I agree she will be back, I doubt for at least a year or so though, a first visit to her new patronage warranted more than a 35 minute visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Oh I imagine she will. It just would have been nice if she had scheduled this visit during a time when she didn’t have other commitments/engagements planned.
Exactly, if this engagement was slotted in at the last minute, which I'm not sure it was considering she's been involved with the mayhew for a while and her desire to become their patron was hardly sprung on them. Her first visit should have been for a longer period of time.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #134  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
We don't know why it's scheduled the way it is. However, how long do royal visits last? I always feel like most of them are relatively short unless there is some kind of activity involved like it was with Smart Works. She has often stayed past however long it's scheduled for. For example, Harry and Meghan left Birkenhead an hour later than planned as their engagements ran over. Granted, it's probably a accumulation from different engagements as they were back to back.
  #135  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:19 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
How do you know that it was a short visit due to the evening engagement?

Mayhew engagement was announced first, it's also only 16 minutes from Notts Cottage. The red carpet for this evenings event starts at 6:15pm with the show not actually beginning until 7:30pm which is just under 5 hours from the time she left The Mayhew.

Whilst I agree she will be back, I doubt for at least a year or so though, a first visit to her new patronage warranted more than a 35 minute visit.
No need to worry. Meghan and KP are mindful of the first official visit time and they will schedule another visit. It was just the first official visit.

Not all royal visits last a long time. So much more go on behind the scenes with these charities than just the official visit.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #136  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
A video from today of Meghan talking to someone who has benefited from Mayhew's program.

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...53208200753153


@RE_DailyMail
Follow Follow @RE_DailyMail
More
The Duchess of Sussex with Wullie Struthers, who used to be homeless, with Azzy and Gallis @themayhew
How the hell does she manage to kneel so low with that stomach for so long?
  #137  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
We don't know why it's scheduled the way it is. However, how long do royal visits last?
Catherine toured the Costume Department today, she did watch a short rehearsal of Two Pigeons (not actual pigeons ) and I calculate she was there for roughly 2/2 and a half hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
No need to worry. Meghan and KP are mindful of the first official visit time and they will schedule another visit. It was just the first official visit.
I'm not worried.

Would you mind however, answering my question in regards to how you know, and state as fact, it was due to her evening engagement that this visit was so short? If you don't have an answer just say you don't know.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #138  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:25 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,575
Someone asked Palmer why only 35 minutes and this was his reply.

"The charity is saying the timings were always approximate and she just did everything planned slightly quicker than they estimated. Of course she and Harry stayed much longer than expected in Birkenhead."

Looking at the videos being posted she did take her time. So I guess it just moved along after than they thought. Nothing seemed rushed. I hope next time she is able to have a longer visit and see more of the animals.

Also seems she was really keen on one of them. Guy might be getting a new pup sibling. Three dogs and a baby? Sussex house will be busy.
  #139  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,909
I’m not sure why staying longer in Birkenhead justifies staying just 35 mins at her new charity.
  #140  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine toured the Costume Department today, she did watch a short rehearsal of Two Pigeons (not actual pigeons ) and I calculate she was there for roughly 2/2 and a half hours.
So it seems consistent, it depends on the activity. With Mayhew, I'm just not sure if there is any activity to participate in. She did talk to benefactors of their programs for the homeless and care facility. She also met volunteers at the cattery. And of course met a few dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I’m not sure why staying longer in Birkenhead justifies staying just 35 mins at her new charity.
It has nothing to do with justifying. Nor does it need justifying. It's an example of a trend of behavior. They are known to run over in time.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages Warren The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 209 04-07-2020 10:25 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese clarence house commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex earl of snowdon family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf highgrove history hochberg house of windsor imperial household italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery jewelry king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal jewels pless prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal jewels royalty of taiwan serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×