The Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good topic, very informative.

And also the other articles on that page regarding women's and girls' issues.

^ Yes. So many interesting and important topics being covered.

Here is another article, describing Duchess Meghan’s work so far, with Smart Works.

“Her empathy and insight were obvious. The duchess is a natural coach and our clients were inspired and helped by her," the charity's founder said

Meghan Markle to help vulnerable British women 'reach for ...

Meghan stayed at the Mayhew for 35 minutes, she's left now. Henry and Meghan have the performance at the Royal Albert Hall this evening.

This is a very worthwhile charity. I hope Meghan stops for a longer time on her next visit, and hears some more about Mayhew's work, sees more of the animals. That will be fun.

That’s a really short visit. I wish she could have stayed longer.

This is a very worthwhile charity. I hope Meghan stops for a longer time on her next visit, and hears some more about Mayhew's work, sees more of the animals. That will be fun.

I also wished it was longer but not surprised it was short when I saw she was visiting in the afternoon and they have an evening engagement. It was nice seeing Mayhew went on This Morning today. A lot of nice press for them.

Meghan has been visiting them since the fall of last year.

She’ll be back. Just a short window due to the evening engagement.

Oh I imagine she will. It just would have been nice if she had scheduled this visit during a time when she didn’t have other commitments/engagements planned.

A video from today of Meghan talking to someone who has benefited from Mayhew's program.

@RE_DailyMail
Follow Follow @RE_DailyMail
More
The Duchess of Sussex with Wullie Struthers, who used to be homeless, with Azzy and Gallis @themayhew

She’ll be back. Just a short window due to the evening engagement.

How do you know that it was a short visit due to the evening engagement?

Mayhew engagement was announced first, it's also only 16 minutes from Notts Cottage. The red carpet for this evenings event starts at 6:15pm with the show not actually beginning until 7:30pm which is just under 5 hours from the time she left The Mayhew.

Whilst I agree she will be back, I doubt for at least a year or so though, a first visit to her new patronage warranted more than a 35 minute visit.

Oh I imagine she will. It just would have been nice if she had scheduled this visit during a time when she didn’t have other commitments/engagements planned.

Exactly, if this engagement was slotted in at the last minute, which I'm not sure it was considering she's been involved with the mayhew for a while and her desire to become their patron was hardly sprung on them. Her first visit should have been for a longer period of time.

We don't know why it's scheduled the way it is. However, how long do royal visits last? I always feel like most of them are relatively short unless there is some kind of activity involved like it was with Smart Works. She has often stayed past however long it's scheduled for. For example, Harry and Meghan left Birkenhead an hour later than planned as their engagements ran over. Granted, it's probably a accumulation from different engagements as they were back to back.

How do you know that it was a short visit due to the evening engagement?

Mayhew engagement was announced first, it's also only 16 minutes from Notts Cottage. The red carpet for this evenings event starts at 6:15pm with the show not actually beginning until 7:30pm which is just under 5 hours from the time she left The Mayhew.

Whilst I agree she will be back, I doubt for at least a year or so though, a first visit to her new patronage warranted more than a 35 minute visit.

No need to worry. Meghan and KP are mindful of the first official visit time and they will schedule another visit. It was just the first official visit.

Not all royal visits last a long time. So much more go on behind the scenes with these charities than just the official visit.

Last edited:
We don't know why it's scheduled the way it is. However, how long do royal visits last?

Catherine toured the Costume Department today, she did watch a short rehearsal of Two Pigeons (not actual pigeons ?) and I calculate she was there for roughly 2/2 and a half hours.

No need to worry. Meghan and KP are mindful of the first official visit time and they will schedule another visit. It was just the first official visit.

I'm not worried.

Would you mind however, answering my question in regards to how you know, and state as fact, it was due to her evening engagement that this visit was so short? If you don't have an answer just say you don't know. ?

Last edited:
Someone asked Palmer why only 35 minutes and this was his reply.

"The charity is saying the timings were always approximate and she just did everything planned slightly quicker than they estimated. Of course she and Harry stayed much longer than expected in Birkenhead."

Looking at the videos being posted she did take her time. So I guess it just moved along after than they thought. Nothing seemed rushed. I hope next time she is able to have a longer visit and see more of the animals.

Also seems she was really keen on one of them. Guy might be getting a new pup sibling. Three dogs and a baby? Sussex house will be busy. ?

I’m not sure why staying longer in Birkenhead justifies staying just 35 mins at her new charity.

Catherine toured the Costume Department today, she did watch a short rehearsal of Two Pigeons (not actual pigeons ?) and I calculate she was there for roughly 2/2 and a half hours.

So it seems consistent, it depends on the activity. With Mayhew, I'm just not sure if there is any activity to participate in. She did talk to benefactors of their programs for the homeless and care facility. She also met volunteers at the cattery. And of course met a few dogs!

I’m not sure why staying longer in Birkenhead justifies staying just 35 mins at her new charity.

It has nothing to do with justifying. Nor does it need justifying. It's an example of a trend of behavior. They are known to run over in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least she's rational. :lol: But I have a feeling Minnie won't be there for much longer.

Are you folks sure you're not disguising yourselves on here as secret reporters, because again someone has just tweeted the exact same thing :lol:

It would have been lovely for Meghan to bring her dogs with her today.

I'm not worried.

Would you mind however, answering my question in regards to how you know, and state as fact, it was due to her evening engagement that this visit was so short? If you don't have an answer just say you don't know. ?

I just know the royals and their officials are usually aware of timings and try to get as much in on these engagements as much as possible.

Princess Anne is praised for how much engagements she do in a day, but, many don’t focus on the fact that she don’t stay at her engagements for long periods of time. That’s according to royal reporters and correspondents. She make her visit and move then move on to the next within a short period of time. The amount of time you stay at an official doesn’t count for how much you care for your patronage. The time the royals devote their time and energy keeping up to date and corresponding with their royal patronage’s mean so much more. It’s just some engagements last longer or shorter than others. It all depends on what you’re doing and how slow or quick you conduct that engagement. It don’t take that much time to meet some people and and pat a few pets here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think he was justifying anything. More explaining she did all she was suppose to do and left once everything was done. Everyone seemed happy.

It's like someone knew you were going to ask this question :lol:

That is cute. Meghan must have looked like she REALLY wanted that dog. :lol:

Are you folks sure you're not disguising yourselves on here as secret reporters, because again someone has just tweeted the exact same thing :lol:

It would have been lovely for Meghan to bring her dogs with her today.

Great minds. :lol:

I would love to see her bring Guy and the new dog (whatever her name is, we STILL don't know :lol: ) after the baby. The chances of something going wrong is probably slim, but you never know with dogs and dogs they don't know. It's probably best to avoid that with just a pregnant lady.

I just know the royals and their officials are usually aware of timings and try to get as much in on these engagements as much as possible.

Fab! Thanks for admitting you don't know it as fact. :flowers: I do believe that it's really best when posting to keep fact and opinion separate. This really gives readers the best chance at understanding situations and comments. ?

Fab! Thanks for admitting you don't know it as fact. :flowers: I do believe that it's really best when posting to keep fact and opinion separate. This really gives readers the best chance at understanding situations and comments. ?

What I said is fact. I just don’t make it a habit of focusing on how much time a member of the royal family spend at their engagements. I focus on what they did and people they met and the fact they showed up. You know, the real stuff. :flowers:

What I said is fact. I just don’t make it a habit of focusing on how much time a member of the royal family spend at their engagements. I focus on what they did and people they met and the fact they showed up. You know, the real stuff. :flowers:

Except it isn't fact. It is your opinion that because of this evenings engagement Meghans visit to The Mayhew was so short. You don't know that is true. You "know the royals and their officials are usually aware of timings". I do think it's really important in a forum like this that we differentiate fact from opinions, as do the moderators. That's why we don't speculate about pregnancies before they happen! :flowers:

As for focusing on what Meghan did today that's great! Meghan showed up to an engagement for one of her first four patronages, greeted and played with some dogs as well as meeting people who support the charity, and been supported by it. She then left after 35 minutes. ?

Lets leave this here shall we, and look forward to this evenings appearance which is a little longer.

What if this wasn't meant to be a long engagement in the first place. As been stated, Meghan has been to Mayhew before and perhaps this visit was primarily a photo op and a short meet and greet after it was officially announced that Mayhew was a patronage that Meghan was taking on.

The only thing I would have been worried about with Meghan at the shelter and being pregnant would be being around cat litter because cat feces (and soil or sand where cats have been) can carry a parasitic infection called toxoplasmosis.

Anyways, it looks like Meghan enjoyed the visit and was able to restrain herself from taking Minnie home right there on the spot. Its such a huge temptation to resist once those puppy dog eyes steal your heart away. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom