The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 03:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Earlier this month, The Duchess of Sussex popped in to see the amazing people at Mayhew to hear about the incredible progress made throughout the festive period.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7nU1KqJUPP/

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...at-Mayhew.html

Old 01-22-2020, 04:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Earlier this month, The Duchess of Sussex popped in to see the amazing people at Mayhew to hear about the incredible progress made throughout the festive period.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7nU1KqJUPP/

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...at-Mayhew.html
It's amazingly coincidental, that everytime we get something from the Sussexs, it's just after Catherine or William have been in the press. The first few times, I brushed it off but this is now the 3rd time it's happened and it's getting a bit silly.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's amazingly coincidental, that everytime we get something from the Sussexs, it's just after Catherine or William have been in the press. The first few times, I brushed it off but this is now the 3rd time it's happened and it's getting a bit silly.
I started noticing this pattern lately. One time, for sure an accident, but it's a recurring thing at this time. It's just sad.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I think it looks especially bad when the visit happened 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Someone better tell Charles to schedule his events better...they are already releasing posts from his event today.

Come on ppl. All the articles about their engagements will be read. It's not going to matter one iota if they are overlapping in the same day. It's happened before with all of them, it will happen again.

LaRae
Old 01-22-2020, 08:15 AM
Commoner

I am glad she's still the patron of Mayhew. She's always been an animal lover.
What I like about her personal patronage is that they're always consistent with her interest pre-Harry
Old 01-22-2020, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm interested to see what new charities she ends up working with in Canada.

LaRae
Old 01-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Majesty

I hope one of them is to do with animals, especially dogs, as she seems to have a really affinity with them. And it's great that she visited Mayhew.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

I am thinking she's keeping Mayhew ...at least their previous comments said they were keeping their private patronages etc...but maybe she will add another animal related charity in Canada.

LaRae
Old 01-22-2020, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Someone better tell Charles to schedule his events better...they are already releasing posts from his event today.

Come on ppl. All the articles about their engagements will be read. It's not going to matter one iota if they are overlapping in the same day. It's happened before with all of them, it will happen again.

LaRae
Especially since William and Catherine will have more engagements as time goes on. Which makes the chance of them overlapping bigger.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

I mean...are people really throwing a fit about two pics?? I mean Kate just launched her [...] project the same day that Charles is giving a free speech... but that isn't competing for attention?

At the end of the day, royals do things on the same day. Not sure why people keep trying to keep score on this.

Whatever, they are cute pics.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Let's now move on please and stick to the actual topic of the Duchess of Sussex's charities and patronages. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

[...]

Moving forward, hopefully we can simply allow Meghan & Harry to get on with their lives largely out of the royal spotlight. It's probably best to take time and allow the dust to settle, and leave Meghan, Harry and Archie to their privacy as much as possible.

I believe it was confirmed that Meghan will continue to work with all four of the patronages she was given early last year: ACU, The National Theatre, SmartWorks, and Mayhew.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Everyone feels the way they feel about recent developments and emotions are apparently still high. I personally think it's best to take time and allow the dust to settle. Royal aficionados are probably best served trying to enjoy royalty watching of the working royals while leaving Meghan, Harry and Archie to their privacy.

Well, right now, they’re posting on Instagram. So- what privacy? If they wanted privacy, they wouldn’t be posting pictures. I assume they’re looking for good PR, especially after all the bad PR from the last 2 weeks.

And technically they are still working royals.

The pics are nice though.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Well, right now, they’re posting on Instagram. So- what privacy? If they wanted privacy, they wouldn’t be posting pictures. I assume they’re looking for good PR, especially after all the bad PR from the last 2 weeks.

And technically they are still working royals.

The pics are nice though.
They all want privacy in their private lives and they all have Instagram accounts. They haven’t posted anything out of the ordinary. Nothing William and Catherine, Charles and Camilla have also posted. Yet Harry and Meghan are the only ones criticised for what they all want.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I'm interested to see what new charities she ends up working with in Canada.

LaRae
What do you think that Meghan's first new charity in Canada might be?
Old 01-22-2020, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
They all want privacy in their private lives and they all have Instagram accounts. They haven’t posted anything out of the ordinary. Nothing William and Catherine, Charles and Camilla have also posted. Yet Harry and Meghan are the only ones criticised for what they all want.

I didn’t say it was out of the ordinary.

All I’m saying is- as long as they’re posting on social media, they’re choosing a public life of sorts. And what comes with it.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
What do you think that Meghan's first new charity in Canada might be?
I'm kinda thinking it will be Justice for Girls that she visited recently. I'm interested in hearing more about it myself.

LaRae
Old 01-22-2020, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm kinda thinking it will be Justice for Girls that she visited recently. I'm interested in hearing more about it myself.

LaRae

That makes sense. Something women or animal related seems highly likely.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:42 PM
Majesty

It would be nice if rather than associating themselves with particular charities in Canada they visited different ones every time so that they can highlight their areas of work. Patronage’s are a very royal thing to have but now they broke free and could organise themselves a bit differently to give different worthy causes a bit of air time.