The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the firm belief that with what is going on now between Sr and Meghan is that it has nothing to do with Meghan at all. The way I look at it is that Sr. is now so hooked on:

Money (lots of money coming into the bank account from the tabloids which he did not have before),

Power (as he thinks he controls the situation),

Being on the world stage (he is at the top so to speak of everyone knowing just who he is even if negative),

And so this is now *His Drug* of choice, we all make choices in life each and everyday as we know, he can not stop this as he is **addicted** to the lifestyle of the above......Sr. is purposely choosing his DRUG: Money, Power, and the World Stage........not going to stop this man even if it is given to him by Meghan.

Thomas, as any master manipulator, is using the press to manipulate the focus point. He wants everyone to concentrate in the paparazzi pictures. But according to his earlier interviews, Meghan and Harry said it wasn't a big deal, they just wanted him at the wedding. That didn't cause Meghan to cut contact. It was the fact, that he schemed behind Meghan's back to give an interview to GMB, Piers Morgan. He revealed extremely private information Meghan had trusted him with, as any daughter would. And he has not stopped. Each interview he gives more private information. And he makes up stuff, and acts like that too was private information. He's trying to paint Harry as an abusive bully. He's trying to make it seem like the RF wronged him. When all of this is a simple matter of TM betraying and selling out his daughter for money and fame.

Even though he's an experienced manipulator in his own level, among the markles, he's no match to the level he is now. He keeps exposing himself in each interview he gives. The recent 'I asked her to send an invite to all of the markles as a kind gesture, they couldn't afford the flights anyway, but of course that didn't happen!' He tries to make himself seem like the one wronged again, when this was him trying to manipulate Meghan to sending an invite to Samantha. He's not good at manipulating when his own words from previous interviews ar just a few google searches away, and his claims can be easily checked.

Makes one wonder if he is already accepting that he lost Meghan but tries to negociate his life with Sam and Tom jr. For I cannot see him asking Meghan for invites after what has happened in the news already. IMHO he tries really to find a way out from Sam and Toms jr. because once a liar, always a liar and we don't know (thankfully) what he promised his other kids he could get out of Meghan, having no idea that behind her was now Harry and his family.

He may even have skipped the wedding because he didn't get an invite for the others out of Meghan.

Last edited:
Even though he's an experienced manipulator in his own level, among the markles, he's no match to the level he is now. He keeps exposing himself in each interview he gives. The recent 'I asked her to send an invite to all of the markles as a kind gesture, they couldn't afford the flights anyway, but of course that didn't happen!'

:previous:
This.

I've always thought that his waffling about going to the wedding was conditional - he would show up if the Markles (for that read Samantha) would be invited.

It was all some sort of extortion.

There's an expression that living well is the best revenge. I think Meghan and Harry should continue to keep their distance, and let the Markles repeat themselves until even the most rabid tabloid reporter is bored!

I honestly don't see Tom Markle skipping out on the wedding unless rest of his family are invited. He doesn't strike me as the self-sacrificing type. For obvious reasons.

Thomas blamed Meghan for Samantha's vile actions. He confirmed when Meghan asked him to help her get Samantha to stop attacking her he told her no. He essentially picked Samantha over Meghan. That was his choice. He is a bully who doesn't see anything wrong with others bullying Meghan (and Doria). That is the Markles. That is why Meghan makes it no secret she is close to her mother while also having no issue letting the world see her "ice out" her father.

This is essentially T. Sr. swapping the golden child. Meghan has now become the scapegoat and the narcissist will now blame her for all the problems in the family. The other children are following his lead and piling on blaming Meghan for all their problems.

There are some videos that fit this family to a t.

Ah looky, the line-up for CBB has been released and no Markle in sight....Again, with the false rumours and Smugmentha's pathetic obsession with being in the spotlight while accomplishing nothing in life.

Well.... that's a comfort knowing she's not going to be a TV reality star. Then again, by her actions, she's not exhibiting very much reality either. Another let down for her which, unfortunately, won't be the last one.

She's probably not overly happy about this and I don't think we'll have to guess who she's going to take it out on. Its a British TV show and I am going to predict that she feels that Meghan being part of the British royal family had something to do with her being left out. Its just speculation but by now, we pretty much know how her mind works don't we? :D

I genuinely do not believe that she was ever slotted to appear. Her 'coy' lack of denial was taken as an effective confirmation and that ensured her a couple more weeks of tabloid trash headlines and $.

Ah looky, the line-up for CBB has been released and no Markle in sight....Again, with the false rumours and Smugmentha's pathetic obsession with being in the spotlight while accomplishing nothing in life.

Thank You Jesus!

But all the tabloids reported that she would be on the show? OMG did she lie about it and yet the media reported her as being on the show! And yet they continue to interview this person even though she lies.........................

Samantha was the one who started the CBB rumours by announcing it through Wendy Williams. Then she acted coy in other interviews. It got her a few weeks worth of attention.

Sam not on Celebrity Big Brother is great news. Channel 5 realized Sam was a BRF lawsuit waiting to happen and she wasn't worth it. Add viewer backlash if she came on the show and that was it. It's probably why all three Markles were lashing out this weekend. Sam got the bad news, all that money gone.

Relief all round I think that Sam isn’t travelling for now. In the mean time we just need to know if Doria Ragland is coming to London to make a star appearance again on the big reality show that is the BRF!

Samantha was the one who started the CBB rumours by announcing it through Wendy Williams. Then she acted coy in other interviews. It got her a few weeks worth of attention.

And yet the press still prints her words with no verification or fact check or even checking the sources.......................................

Relief all round I think that Sam isn’t travelling for now. In the mean time we just need to know if Doria Ragland is coming to London to make a star appearance again on the big reality show that is the BRF!

Your dislike of the royal family is showing loud and clear here, so please tell us where the you got the info that Doria was coming to London and to whom she would be visiting? We here deal in *facts*, not gossip. None of us can chose what family we are born into and so it is easy to accept your own family or not......

Sam not on Celebrity Big Brother is great news. Channel 5 realized Sam was a BRF lawsuit waiting to happen and she wasn't worth it. Add viewer backlash if she came on the show and that was it. It's probably why all three Markles were lashing out this weekend. Sam got the bad news, all that money gone.

OK, I think maybe this is a good example of some people being a bit by blinded dislike of this sister of the Duchess. I'm not saying I like her, I don't, nor do I dislike her. I'm completely indifferent, which is probably why I can be objective.
But while it may be distasteful for her to go on that tv show, there is no legal case that the BRF could bring against it. Sam is not a royal, she doesn't owe them anything. She is an American citizen. She can say whatever she wants to say. There is no NDA,there is no connection at all to the BRF. The BRF can't stop her taking a job or doing anything, no matter how distasteful you or they might find it. And you might argue, "Well, but what if she slanders?" To which I ask you, What can she say? No relationship with her sister in many years, no knowledge of Meghan. Whatever she might say would be nothing that any person on the street could say. Even if she went on TV to say, "Meghan is a dirtbag," that's not slander. That's an opinion. You can't sue someone for saying something mean. Unfortunately, the ill behaved Samantha Markle can be as distasteful with her words as she likes. The first amendment, free speech, applies to her as an American citizen. The BRF may be able to muzzle a British subject, a subject of the Crown, and muzzle the press, but that never stops the international press and the international entertainment media from doing as they like. :lol:

:previous:
We all know about *freedom of speech* here and yet no one that I have seen is trying to stop Sam or anyone in that family from talking. Neither are the British citizens trying do so either from what I have seen. This is NOT about anyone's freedom of speech here, it is about someone bullying, harassing, gossiping, lying, manipulating, threatening someone all because she married into the BRF, not other reason then that. If Meghan had never met Harry, then they the Markle's would still be in whatever position of life they were before, this is all about MONEY, POWER and a strong sense of ENTITLEMENT that they feel they want without doing a damn thing for it....they could care less about Meghan, she is their *cash cow* their way to make money, be on the world stage. Sam is a pitiful human being, someone who is so filled with hate and meanness she can not even have a relationship with her own children who were taken off her for God's sake........Look at the FACTS then take it from there!

OK, I think maybe this is a good example of some people being a bit by blinded dislike of this sister of the Duchess. I'm not saying I like her, I don't, nor do I dislike her. I'm completely indifferent, which is probably why I can be objective.
But while it may be distasteful for her to go on that tv show, there is no legal case that the BRF could bring against it. Sam is not a royal, she doesn't owe them anything. She is an American citizen. She can say whatever she wants to say. There is no NDA,there is no connection at all to the BRF. The BRF can't stop her taking a job or doing anything, no matter how distasteful you or they might find it. And you might argue, "Well, but what if she slanders?" To which I ask you, What can she say? No relationship with her sister in many years, no knowledge of Meghan. Whatever she might say would be nothing that any person on the street could say. Even if she went on TV to say, "Meghan is a dirtbag," that's not slander. That's an opinion. You can't sue someone for saying something mean. Unfortunately, the ill behaved Samantha Markle can be as distasteful with her words as she likes. The first amendment, free speech, applies to her as an American citizen. The BRF may be able to muzzle a British subject, a subject of the Crown, and muzzle the press, but that never stops the international press and the international entertainment media from doing as they like. :lol:

I am getting tried of this excuse being thrown everyday
First people need to go read the constitution and understand what it means

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

The key word is Congress ie the government. Theoretically any private entity can put limitations on speech as long as it is not a governmental entity or publicly funded in any way. Freedom of speech is not a license to say whatever one wants.

This is legal studies 101, my 2 cents

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the ill behaved Samantha Markle can be as distasteful with her words as she likes. The first amendment, free speech, applies to her as an American citizen. The BRF may be able to muzzle a British subject, a subject of the Crown, and muzzle the press, but that never stops the international press and the international entertainment media from doing as they like. :lol:

I have no interest in those Markle gossip stories and that is why I haven't been posting to this forum. However, your message caught my attention. What makes you think that the BRF has any legal power to "muzzle a British subject" ?

As she would be entering a reality show, there definitely would be ways to muzzle her. The RF could quite easily pressure TPBP about her appearance, and request that she wouldn't be allowed to talk about Meghan, as Meghan would have no way to defend herself. TPBP wouldn't want to risk a law suit in case Samantha actually said something slanderous.

As for being an American citizen. If she had entered CBB, she would've been in the UK, and would have had to follow UK laws. First Amendment has no bearing in the UK. Also freedom of speech doesn't mean speaking without consequences. It only means, that the US government can't arrest you for your speech. It has nothing to do with UK, and non-American owned businesses or private businesses.

Last edited:
[/B]

Your dislike of the royal family is showing loud and clear here, so please tell us where the you got the info that Doria was coming to London and to whom she would be visiting? We here deal in *facts*, not gossip. None of us can chose what family we are born into and so it is easy to accept your own family or not......

Not true at all! This is a family that keeps on giving, reportedly:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...uk-to-be-closer-to-her-daughter-a3909531.html

Sent from my iPhone

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...uk-to-be-closer-to-her-daughter-a3909531.html

Sent from my iPhone

As I said earlier, I deal in FACTS, not GOSSIP, so if you want to believe the tabloids then fine....until KP or BP say otherwise then it is NOT A DONE DEAL. I do not do TABLOIDS as I know just what they are about.......anything to make a dollar is their goal and that front page did that to everyone that read it....clickbait just opening it up is a sign of dollars coming in to their bank accounts.......I do not waste money on tabloids............

If he didn't do it *their* way then when all was peachy, he sure is not going to start now no matter what is offered. He would actually, I believe, see it as a grand affront and run to the media claiming how they're trying to bribe him, shut him up, stow him away somewhere "safe" to prevent him from speaking his mind about just how awful Meghan and her "new" family is treating him.

This is the type of person Tom, Sr. has proven himself to be and this leopard isn't about to change his spots anytime soon.

Osipi, thank you for your warm welcome :flowers:

At this point in time I agree (heated up situation), but something has to be done in the near future. Question is what. What do you propose? Ignoring then is not working because people keep clicking and reading. She is now a sitting duck for bullies around the world. It's painful to watch, especially knowing that some mud will stick.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, wonder whether it's from the same source who swore up and down that Doria quit her job before the wedding and the tabloid ran exclusive stories on that right before the big day.... :whistling: Yet, she was back to her place of work only a handful of days later and has been photographed coming and going several times since. What the rumour did though, was blowing the dog whistle of the Fail, Mirror and Express insinuating that Doria quit her job and will be living off British taxpayers' money....

Same old. Same old. Critical thinking is still very much needed when it comes to the British trash tabloid world. ;)

It is the British royal families M.O. when dealing with distasteful scandal to stay silent. It has always worked well for them in the past. Except for Charles and Diana.

Sam going on CBB was probably always a pie in the sky story, however it created a life of its own and took off as fact.

Doria moving to the UK to live is possibly also a Pie in the sky story made up by the press. This probable fictional story has taken a life of its own as well now with our media reporting it as fact.

I don't believe it for a second, as the source appears to be from the media.
However, i would love to see Doria spend lots of quality time in the UK as support for Meghan.

Crown Prss Mary's dad is a maths professor and he was given a job at a university in Denmark for awhile as a familial support for Mary after her marriage. I think he then went to the UK teaching for awhile.

So it would be great if Doria were able to be close by for awhile as Meghan learns the ropes.

BTW we must never forget that the British press are unbelievably CRUEL, RUTHLESS, and Untrustworthy.

Never forget this. It was proven in court just how bad Murdoch's News of the World really was.

I have lumped them all together in my first sentence because I do not see a distinction between them. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two things:

1. While Samantha thinking her half sister is a dirtbag is entirely her opinion, she has ventured into factually false information before. For example, her claim that she raised Meghan and Meghan stopped contacting her because Meghan is embarrassed to have a sister that's in a wheelchair.

2. If she's on British soil, and getting paid to be on a British show, it's not American laws that apply. It's UK laws. And based on what I've heard, defamation laws are much less of a burden on the plaintiff than defendant there compared to US. In US, it's up to the plaintiff to prove defamation, but in UK, it's up to the defendant to prove they didn't. Someone verify if that's true or not.

Osipi, thank you for your warm welcome :flowers:

At this point in time I agree (heated up situation), but something has to be done in the near future. Question is what. What do you propose? Ignoring then is not working because people keep clicking and reading. She is now a sitting duck for bullies around the world. It's painful to watch, especially knowing that some mud will stick.

Keep eyes on the prize and ignore everything else. They are having a field day right now because there is nothing going on in the royal world due to summer break. Once the patronages and tour start, the Markles will fall into irrelevance again. Every time Meghan showed up, her family's shenanigan gets knocked off the headlines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting tried of this excuse being thrown everyday
First people need to go read the constitution and understand what it means

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

The key word is Congress ie the government. Theoretically any private entity can put limitations on speech as long as it is not a governmental entity or publicly funded in any way. Freedom of speech is not a license to say whatever one wants.

This is legal studies 101, my 2 cents

This exactly!!

I find it interesting that the people most hateful to her , are her family members. The only relative to go to her wedding was her mom. She has no family members in a new country. I find that sad. Her Mom arrive 3 days before her wedding and left immediately after. I am really curious to know why no other family members beside her mom was at the wedding. It’s even more disturbing to have a father talk about his daughter this way.

I've heard that possibly Meghan's 35-year-old uncle, Alvin Joffrey Ragland, and his wife were there, as well as Ashleigh Hale (Samantha's biological daughter) who was fortunately raised by her paternal grandparents. I can understand why any discreet family members aside from Doria, who were invited, would wish to remain anonymous to preserve their privacy, and to avoid blather from the uninvited Markles.

Any of Meghan's discreet family who were invited likely sat in the nave. Or perhaps they only attended the private receptions, where the media could not intrude (and most of the other guests would not know their identity, or if they did, they'd also know to reveal nothing about the presence of other Meghan family members).

It looks like its a "set the story straight" interview with the Fail asked to make a donation to a charity of Harry and Meghan's choice in lieu of payment for the interview.

The latest? He's moving away somewhere where no one will ever find him again. Can we hope that he takes Samantha with him? :D

All I see is the rumor that he was being quiet to reconnect with Meghan being shot down and the door slammed. He's not a happy person and no amount of cheese will go with his whine.

THOMAS MARKLE: Meghan's father hits back at 'bull***t' written about him in revealing interview | Daily Mail Online

Wow, what a sad blowhard Mr. Markle Snr is. It's a huge mess, but I don't feel sorry for him. Why can't he understand how despicable and irreparable his ongoing blather is!?

There are so many rumors and gossip. I think that goes to show how avid and relentless the tabloids are. I do not keep up with much of this whining by the Markles, as not all of it is being picked up by many mainstream media outlets in the U.S.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and allow the Duke and Duchess of Sussex a chance to settle in and enjoy their new life as a married couple. They've barely had a chance to breathe. There's been constant bombardment by the tabloids, paps, tumblr sites, forums, book writers, et al, as well as unfortunately by the sad Markle bunch. Enough is enough already. It appears to me that everyone has an opinion, and wants a piece of Meghan and Harry, especially of Meghan.

It's possible to critique the royals in a constructive way, instead of a divisive and vindictive way like the paps and other media instigators seem intent on doing. Meghan and Harry being passionate about making a difference in the world is definitely something to applaud. They've already made a huge difference individually. The Markles really need to go away. I don't care about Markle Snr by this point. I believe that if it's true he lied to Prince Harry, that it was all over for him then. The royals did not want him anywhere near Windsor and the royal wedding at that point. They would have realized he absolutely can not be trusted. He would have been spilling the beans about everything that went on behind-the-scenes if he'd been allowed to attend. William and Harry are understandably sticklers about their privacy and the protection of their family members. They will not brook any repeats of what happened to their mother.

Surely Markle Snr did have a heart problem. But it's entirely possible the heart surgery was not required to take place when it did, even though he was likely told by his doctors he needed to have the surgery. Scheduling it during the week of the wedding provided a cover excuse for everyone. That's the only scenario that makes sense for Markle Snr to now be acting out saying he wanted to be at the wedding, and demanding that they speak to him, all the while slamming Harry and Meghan. And also, the reports that Markle Snr demanding that the older siblings get an invite (if true) would also have been a factor in him ultimately not attending. I think Samantha is to blame for Markle Snr getting involved with the tabs and paps initially, but his pride, vanity and errors in judgment have also contributed to his egregious downfall.

Last edited:
It is the British royal families M.O. when dealing with distasteful scandal to stay silent. It has always worked well for them in the past. Except for Charles and Diana.

Sam going on CBB was probably always a pie in the sky story, however it created a life of its own and took off as fact.

Doria moving to the UK to live is possibly also a Pie in the sky story made up by the press. This probable fictional story has taken a life of its own as well now with our media reporting it as fact.

I don't believe it for a second, as the source appears to be from the media.
However, i would love to see Doria spend lots of quality time in the UK as support for Meghan.

Crown Prss Mary's dad is a maths professor and he was given a job at a university in Denmark for awhile as a familial support for Mary after her marriage. I think he then went to the UK teaching for awhile.

So it would be great if Doria were able to be close by for awhile as Meghan learns the ropes.

Speaking of Charles and Diana, this Markle situation isn't even a blip on the radar screen compared to the War of the Wales. The BRF has certainly dealt with a lot worse. I like to imagine the Queen looking at Meghan and saying, "My dear, don't give any more thoughts about your father slamming your new family. That's nothing compared to what a happened about 25 years ago."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom