The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Magazine is officially over the Markles. They say they won't be writing about them anymore.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...e-dad-thomas-markle-speaks-out-new-interview/

The said they won’t report the “FULL STORY”. They didn’t say they wouldn’t write about them anymore. Most tabloids just love clicks. The way to stop these stories is to ignore the tabloid articles. When we click on these type of articles, we are part of the problem. They are not going to ignore the MARKLES until we the public ignore them. Such a disgraceful family.

Why should she move to the UK ? She is an independent woman who has her business and social network in the US. There is no plausible reason for her to give that up to be close to a daughter she has only seen sporadically over the last years.

Besides, Doria is not a British citizen. If she wanted to move to the UK, she would have to go through the normal immigration process. Could the British posters provide more information about what would be required for her to seek permanent resident status in Britain ? I suppose she would at least need to have a job offer, or maybe there could be some "family reunion" mechanism. Please let us know.

Doria don’t have to move anywhere. I’m just saying it would be beautiful if she moved to London to be near her daughter and son-in-law. She wouldn’t have to take the long flights back and forth to see them and her future grandchildren.

I’m sure if she moved, all the legal stuff would be taken care of.

Maybe she will move when she will be officially retired?

IF Mrs Ragland were elderly or infirm [as HRH Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark was, when she resided at Buckingham Palace] I think the public would have little issue with her living with her only daughter, and son-in-law.
As a fit, healthy Woman perhaps there might be more resistance, simply because such a situation would be at variance with the image of Mrs Ragland that we have observed - independent,hard working and 'sassy'..
There would be a risk that epithets such as 'free-loader', 'taking advantage', might be bandied about in her connection, and that would be HUGELY damaging to the Duchess of Sussex.. FAR more so than the rantings of her Paternal family.

Last edited:
You know, I tried to match up the parade of stories Markle Sr. is telling with what he's said before and the actual sequence of events as reported at the time, and it's just such a muddle as to make one dizzy.

Take this new claim that Harry started in on him yelling about how if Thomas had listened to him about the press, everything would have been fine. Thomas claims Harry was right, but that the timing was bad because he was in a hospital bed.

Except...

• previously, Thomas said that Harry and Meghan had been very understanding.
  • the news broke that Thomas had colluded at midnight on Sunday May 13. Thomas checked into the hospital on May 15, and then had surgery on the 16th.
  • on the 14th, he claimed that Meghan had tried to call him but he wasn't near his phone but that they'd texted

So, if all of the things he's said are true:

• Meghan and Harry were understanding.
  • But also, Harry called him to yell at him.
  • But also, Harry waited a full two days after the collusion news broke to call
  • But also, in between the news and the angry call, Meghan texted him to tell him she loved him and was worried about his health.

Nothing he says makes sense. I don't know if he was lying before or whether he's lying now, but he's the least reliable narrator in this whole sorry mess. And that's saying something given his eldest daughter.

Also, he's now whining that he never got an actual invitation. This, actually, I believe. If I were Meghan, I wouldn't have sent him a physical invitation either, out of fear he'd pass it on to Samantha or Thomas Jr.

Last edited:
Meghan did state she used to do a lot of traveling (which she really enjoyed) with her mum due to Doria’s line of work but I don’t think I ever read her state that her mother was an air hostess. That’s Samantha’s version and we know just how truthful she can be. If Doria was indeed an air hostess then how was it possible to have a child toddle along with her? It’s been said Doria owned a couple of shops at some point, perhaps the traveling Meghan refers to was more business related. I merely speculate but this scenario would make more sense.

Meghan has also written about her closeness to her maternal grandmother and spending a lot of time with her when she was a young child. Meghan described being with her grandmother & mother on outings.

Why should she move to the UK ? She is an independent woman who has her business and social network in the US. There is no plausible reason for her to give that up to be close to a daughter she has only seen sporadically over the last years.

Besides, Doria is not a British citizen. If she wanted to move to the UK, she would have to go through the normal immigration process. Could the British posters provide more information about what would be required for her to seek permanent resident status in Britain ? I suppose she would at least need to have a job offer, or maybe there could be some "family reunion" mechanism. Please let us know.
I cannot find a way for Doria to move to the UK permanently unless she would need Meghan to take care of her because of illness (and they can proof that she cannot get that kind of care in her home country) - see: family visas. She can of course visit for extended periods of time without a visa.

Nor do I think that Doria suddenly would want to give up her life and move to the UK just because her daughter married a Brit.

Last edited:
You know, I tried to match up the parade of stories Markle Sr. is telling with what he's said before and the actual sequence of events as reported at the time, and it's just such a muddle as to make one dizzy.

Take this new claim that Harry started in on him yelling about how if Thomas had listened to him about the press, everything would have been fine. Thomas claims Harry was right, but that the timing was bad because he was in a hospital bed.

Except...

• previously, Thomas said that Harry and Meghan had been very understanding.
  • the news broke that Thomas had colluded at midnight on Sunday May 13. Thomas checked into the hospital on May 15, and then had surgery on the 16th.
  • on the 14th, he claimed that Meghan had tried to call him but he wasn't near his phone but that they'd texted

So, if all of the things he's said are true:

• Meghan and Harry were understanding.
  • But also, Harry called him to yell at him.
  • But also, Harry waited a full two days after the collusion news broke to call
  • But also, in between the news and the angry call, Meghan texted him to tell him she loved him and was worried about his health.

Nothing he says makes sense. I don't know if he was lying before or whether he's lying now, but he's the least reliable narrator in this whole sorry mess. And that's saying something given his eldest daughter.

Also, he's now whining that he never got an actual invitation. This, actually, I believe. If I were Meghan, I wouldn't have sent him a physical invitation either, out of fear he'd pass it on to Samantha or Thomas Jr.

All of this nonsense makes the father and media look incredibly stupid, & the media printing this inconsistent trash completely incompetent. I guess some editors these days don’t care that their work is inaccurate as long as they get clicks on foolish articles.

Markle already said that Meghan flew him to LA to get fitted for his suit. She purchased several outfits for him. His name was already printed in the wedding programme & he said one of Harry’s army friends was going to pick him up, so just what did he need an actual invitation for? He knew he was invited & going to the wedding up until he cancelled.

I cannot find a way for Doria to move to the UK permanently unless she would need Meghan to take care of her because of illness (and they can proof that she cannot get that kind of care in her home country) - see: family visas. She can of course visit for extended periods of time without a visa.

Nor do I think that Doria suddenly would want to give up her life and move to the UK just because her daughter married a Brit.

Seems to me people are falling for the old tabloid scam. The so called friend only said that Doria liked the country and perhaps would'nt mind being closer to Meghan. But now people are acting like this means she is moving to the UK. How many false stories have been repeated. Lets take a step back and realize that the British tabloids are highly unreliable.

Seems to me people are falling for the old tabloid scam. The so called friend only said that Doria liked the country and perhaps would'nt mind being closer to Meghan. But now people are acting like this means she is moving to the UK. How many false stories have been repeated. Lets take a step back and realize that the British tabloids are highly unreliable.

Neither Mbruno nor I think that she should or wants to move to the UK - nonetheless, quite a few member think that is what she should do. However, Mbruno was curious about the possibility in the case she would want to, which is why I answered his question :flowers:

About the claim Dad made about not getting a copy of the Instrument of Consent: how would he know Doria was given a copy by reps from the British consulate? It would have been reported if she did and I don't she called him and told him. Also, here is the Instrument of Consent

https://www.royal.uk/instrument-consent

The image of the Consent was all over the news and social media, yet Dad claimed the words "My Lords" was in the document. That phrase is not found in the I of C. If. Dad is spinning tales don't say things that can be fact checked.

How many false stories have been repeated

This ENTIRE thread is predicated on this.. NONE of the words/stories/ideas commented on are 'from the Horses mouth', rather they are filtered through third parties, [be they TMZ, other US outlets or the UK tabloids]. Nothing commented upon upon here can actually be regarded as 'Copper bottomed' FACT can it ?

Maybe Doria is planning to stay in the UK for temporary. If the article is true.

Doria don’t have to move anywhere. I’m just saying it would be beautiful if she moved to London to be near her daughter and son-in-law. She wouldn’t have to take the long flights back and forth to see them and her future grandchildren.

I’m sure if she moved, all the legal stuff would be taken care of.

Maybe she just doesn't want to move. Not all parents want to move closer to their children when they marry. We have our own nice independent lives with personal friends. We raised our independent children to follow their dreams while we kept ours. Visits when we want, ok. Change our entire lifestyle, maybe when sick or starting to need physical or mental help, fine. But, unlike 15 years ago, today instant communication thru emails, texts, sky cams, etc. daily is wonderful and still loving while keeping independence. That is what we always wanted for our children, for them to follow their dreams and be happy. I am sure Meghan and her mom are still doing just that and both happy in their own skin while loving each other completely.

Meghan has also written about her closeness to her maternal grandmother and spending a lot of time with her when she was a young child. Meghan described being with her grandmother & mother on outings.

You are right.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

No - opening page states
"On 27 November 2008, the retired persons of independent means immigration category was closed to new entrants. This means applicants:

• cannot enter the UK in this category
• already here in a different category cannot switch into retired persons of independent means "

Also found this (under application for family visa)

Your child must be living in the UK. One of the following must also be true:
1. Are a British citizen
2. Be settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence)

3. if you’re applying in the UK, they’ve lived in the UK for 7 years continuously and it would not be reasonable for them to leave

Only #2 could apply but obviously depends on Meghan's Visa status and we do not known that definitively.

No - opening page states
"On 27 November 2008, the retired persons of independent means immigration category was closed to new entrants. This means applicants:

• already here in a different category cannot switch into retired persons of independent means "

Good catch. Thanks

@Royaldancer ...Lived with him right up until till she left for college after high school?? I’m sorry but that Priddy video footage proves otherwise

Also, that man is so inconsistent with his tall tales from one interview to the next. Study all his interviews properly this time around. His stories are full of contradictions :whistling: Plus I find it incredibly hard to believe this man’s version of events regarding Consular Personnel hand-delivering an official scroll to Doria of the Queen’s Instrument of Consent to H&M’s marriage. On what planet is that document anything to do with the parent(s) of somebody marrying into the BRF that Consulate Officials are dispatched to make a personal delivery? :lol:

Probably Doria's home was Meghan's official address in the US and Doria had the permission to handle Meghan's post. Thus the Consular Personnel brought the scroll to the bride's residence as it has been custom. Liek the scroll containing permission for prince Albert Edward, The Prince of Wales to marry Alexandra Princess of Denmark in the 1880s surely was hand-delivered to Amalienborg Palace....

There might indeed be alternative options (not depended on Meghan). However, it looks like this specific option ended in 2008 (and can only be extended nowadays):

On 27 November 2008, the retired persons of independent means immigration category was closed to new entrants. This means applicants:

• cannot enter the UK in this category • already here in a different category cannot switch into retired persons of independent means

People who are already in the UK as a retired person of independent means can apply:

• to extend their stay up to a maximum period of 5 years • for indefinite leave to remain

Dependants of a person with leave in this category can enter the UK providing they meet the entry requirements

About the claim Dad made about not getting a copy of the Instrument of Consent: how would he know Doria was given a copy by reps from the British consulate? It would have been reported if she did and I don't she called him and told him. Also, here is the Instrument of Consent

https://www.royal.uk/instrument-consent

The image of the Consent was all over the news and social media, yet Dad claimed the words "My Lords" was in the document. That phrase is not found in the I of C. If. Dad is spinning tales don't say things that can be fact checked.

The wording that he's quoting is from the minutes of the March Privy Council meeting in which the Queen provided her assent.

http://privycouncil.independent.gov...018/03/2018-03-14-List-of-Business-Part-1.pdf

It makes no sense that a scroll would be made of that particular piece of government administration.

Worth noting, the Instrument of Consent was actually signed with the Great Seal in May, not in March.

Maybe she just doesn't want to move. Not all parents want to move closer to their children when they marry. We have our own nice independent lives with personal friends. We raised our independent children to follow their dreams while we kept ours. Visits when we want, ok. Change our entire lifestyle, maybe when sick or starting to need physical or mental help, fine. But, unlike 15 years ago, today instant communication thru emails, texts, sky cams, etc. daily is wonderful and still loving while keeping independence. That is what we always wanted for our children, for them to follow their dreams and be happy. I am sure Meghan and her mom are still doing just that and both happy in their own skin while loving each other completely.

This is true until the grandkids come along then many folks want to be as close as they can so they can spend time with them as they grow up. That's how it was for us. Prior to the grandkids we did our own thing.....now I can't imagine having to live across the country from the grandkids. ..only seeing them a few times a year.

LaRae

1. Are a British citizen
2. Be settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence)

3. if you’re applying in the UK, they’ve lived in the UK for 7 years continuously and it would not be reasonable for them to leave

Only #2 could apply but obviously depends on Meghan's Visa status and we do not known that definitively.

However, Doria doesn't meet the requirements for the parent visa as per the following requirements:
Your child must either:
be under 18 on the date you apply
have been under 18 when you first applied for the visa and not live an independent life
Your child is living an independent life if, for example, they’ve left home, got married and had children.

Meghan is clearly living an independent life and doesn't need her mom to be around (next to not being under 18; nor did Doria apply when she was under 18).

Probably Doria's home was Meghan's official address in the US and Doria had the permission to handle Meghan's post. Thus the Consular Personnel brought the scroll to the bride's residence as it has been custom. Liek the scroll containing permission for prince Albert Edward, The Prince of Wales to marry Alexandra Princess of Denmark in the 1880s surely was hand-delivered to Amalienborg Palace....

And yet Meghan was already here living in the U.K. and engaged to be married long before that document was issued. She was an adult not a child under Doria’s care. Moreover, prior to moving over, she was based for almost 7 years in Canada. I just don’t see the logic in the scenario you presented plus Thomas Markle’s whining is to do with Doria supposedly having received an official copy of the Instrument of Consent, meant for her keep, NOT Meghan.

Last edited:
No - opening page states

1. Are a British citizen

Meghan could hire her as her nanny and claim that the unique relationship is the important point on wanting to hire her and then there is a good chance for Doria to get a working visa for the UK. There are so many possibilities... The government might give her a diplomate's visa and passport like I'm sure Meghan has, otherwise she couldn't travel with Prince Harry that easily. Constantine and Anne Marie of Greece and their family have a Danish diplomate visa and passport, so they can live in London.

And yet Meghan was already here living in the U.K. and engaged to be married long before that document was issued. She was an adult not a child under Doria’s care. Moreover, prior to moving over, she was based for almost 7 years in Canada. I just don’t see the logic in the scenario you presented plus Thomas Markle’s whining is to do with Doria supposedly having received an official copy of the Instrument of Consent, meant for her keep, NOT Meghan.

AFAIK, if you are american citizen, you have to have a known address in the country so official documents can be delivered to you. That could be a lawyer's office as well. It doesn't matter where you actually live, it is for official business and has to be in the US. Of course HM could have chose to give the papers to Meghan and Harry over tea, but if the story is true at all, I guess it was because of that.

I have US friends and while they worked at the US Army in Germany, so the US authorities knew exactly where they were, they still had to give authority to her parents along with their address to receive certain documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom