The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would make sense for Doria to move to London. When Meghan was in Toronto, it was never a "forever" situation and she could come home more often. Now, her being in the UK is a rather fixed thing and with grandkids a possibility and Doria being older so travel back and forth being a lot, I can see why that would make sense. And Meghan could use her mother's love and support in person.

I am not putting too much credit into the report because Doria is only 62 and like someone said, she is independent and has her own life. But it wouldn't surprise if a move was in the calculus. I also see her living with the Sussexes, similar to Marion Robinson, Michelle Obama's mom. She moved with them to DC and no one batted an eye. I am not sure how the immigration issue would work out, but I am sure there is a way.

I am just a big Doria fan and would love more chances to see her with the family!

Anmer Hall has 10 bedrooms. Lots of space for Doria until she finds a places of her own.

Or she’s can stay in Apartment 1A in london. There’s no lack of room.

Why on God’s green earth would Doria live with the Cambridges?

————————————————————
As for Tom Sr, goodness gracious. After all of that, he’s surprised Meghan doesn’t want to speak to him? Seriously? If I was his daughter, I would’ve cut the cord much earlier than Meghan did.

And GMAB with the tirade stuff, given the situation, Harry’s comment is about as restrained as it can get. And when is Tom going to learn that every time he speaks, he makes himself look WORSE, not better? How is he saying in the same breath Harry was right about speaking to the press would not end well and yet he’s talking to the press? Seriously?

And wow, did he serious say the death crap to Harry after the disaster HE caused and lied about the week of their wedding? Seriously? Poor Harry. Neither Harry nor Meghan deserve that. Or any of this BS tbh.

My entire reaction at this point is just is he serious? Does he not process what he said in his brain before he says it? Who am I kidding? Of course not, otherwise this situation wouldn’t get to this point. If he is upset and wants to throw a hissy fit, he should learn to slam his bedroom door and do it in his room like teenagers do instead of this. He’s embarrassing himself more every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be beautiful if Doria moved to the UK to be near the Sussex’s.

Another option for Doria would be to rent her California home for awhile and rent somewhere like in Windsor next to the castle. Or London. Give it a few months and see if she likes it. If England proves to be Not the place for her then she can always go back to the US.
However, if she feels a permanent move to the UK and the lifestyle suits her then that would be great.
I just think she should give it a try first and not burn all her bridges so to speak.

Last edited:
Anmer Hall has 10 bedrooms. Lots of space for Doria until she finds a places of her own.

Why would she move in with the cambridges?

Anmer is in Norfolk not in London.

I don't think Doria will go to London permanently. The climate alone would send her back to LA very quickly, especially in winter. Doria has her home, relatives, friends, church community and work in California. We don't know whether she will retire at 60, may want to work and be independent for several years more. Long visits on the cards instead, IMO, after her grandchildren are born.

I think Doria coming to live under the wings of Harry & Meghan is not beyond the realm of possibility. Prince Philip had his mother living in Buckingham Palace until her death. Doria might be given a trial period of Living in London at least to get used to Meghan’s New Royal ways of life and how to handle the Press.

I wanted to give a speech. Harry told me to ask Meghan. She said 'there's no room' | Daily Mail Online

Incredibly, when the engagement was announced in March, he claimed that two representatives from the British consulate in Los Angeles arrived at Doria's home to present her with an official scroll bearing the Queen's formal announcement.

The letter, in its archaic style, read: 'My Lords, I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales and Rachel Meghan Markle.'

Yet the bride's father was afforded no such courtesy.

'No one came to my door in Mexico,' said Mr Markle.

'I would have liked the engagement announcement too.'
That man’s fictitious tale is just unbelievable ? :lol:... A liar Keeps digging...

Last edited:

Why on God’s green earth would Doria live with the Cambridges?

Am I right in sensing a failure of the proverbial sense of humour? Might Rudolph's comment have just been a joke?

The public would be more open to Doria being allowed to living within palace walls or on crown property than say the middletons because she really did gain the admiration of the public with her dignity and grace and they know Meghan's family situation is drastically different but I still don't think it's enough that people won't criticize her for living within palace walls.

I hate comparisons between people, but do you really think Doria won "the admiration of the public with her dignity and grace" relative to the Middletons in the context of their respective behaviour and demeanour at their respective daughters weddings?

I think Doria coming to live under the wings of Harry & Meghan is not beyond the realm of possibility. Prince Philip had his mother living in Buckingham Palace until her death. Doria might be given a trial period of Living in London at least to get used to Meghan’s New Royal ways of life and how to handle the Press.

I don't know much about the actual dynamics, but my sense is that Doria is unlikely to want to to give up her independent life and home and move to London to be with her daughter and new husband at this stage of her life. Perhaps when she is very old and unable to live on her own, I can see the point. Or if there were to be children, and H&M needed help with the children, I could see the rationale. However, even then, I would think that Doria would prefer to avoid giving up her life and independence.

The engagement was announced in November....

He just can't keep his stories straight.

It’s a shame the Express papers just as the Markles have tried to do are that eager to drag Meghan’s mum into all this mess cos I sincerely doubt there’s any truth to the rubbish they’ve published.

Doria doesn’t at all come across as entitled or a mooch forcefully wanting to be part & parcel of the royal lifestyle. It seems to me she’s the kind of dignified, supportive parent who’d want their child to breathe freely in a marriage especially a new one and will visit only when invitations are extended.

I’d lay money that this lady with so much grace and decency unlike that other side will carry on as usual going about her own way of life in the States without deliberately courting media attention like limelight-hogging leeches.

The latest? He's moving away somewhere where no one will ever find him again. Can we hope that he takes Samantha with him? :D

Maybe he flees from Samantha and it's her he want not to able to find him again. He should have so learned to ignore stuff like that in the media in the long years he worked in Hollywood.

The only way it could work for him is to write a letter to Meghan, promising to not say another word, then stay quiet and hope for the best.

The opinion is out that he had an "amicable" split with Doria, so if he really was seriously repentant, he could always ask Doria to akk Meghan what he should do - and then stick to it. But the way he seems to be full of pride in himself and sees his children just as objects to make him proud, I doubt he will be repent ever.

However, even then, I would think that Doria would prefer to avoid giving up her life and independence.
Especially as you can see that there are ways not to be harrassed by the media too much. Just don't talk. Or, to quote King Carl Gustav of Sweden, when asked why they have not much publicity about them: "Silvia and I are boring. Just be boring. Nobody wants to read about boring people." And he is right. What#s there to interest readers about Ms. Doria Ragland? She sometimes get the garbage out. Okay, so it was reported did Mary of Denmark and Kate Middleton, so this seem to interest people. What's more. He lives a quiet, dignified life just like my next door neighbors and I myself. Who wants to read about us? We all know that there are places even HM the queen goes to alone. Would we want to read about that??

The tabloids cater to the wishes of their readers and these simply don't want to read about normal people doing normal things. Be boring and be left in peace.

Perhaps there’s an apartment in St. James (didn’t I read that Andrew was giving up the lease on Beatrice and Eugenie’s place?) or KP or even something at Windsor she could rent.

I read somewhere that Andrew himself will be moving over to St. James, along with several other members of the RF, while the renovations continue at BP.

Anyway, I don't think the public would approve of Doria living in a palace.
I know Prince Philip's mother lived at BP, but that was then and this is now.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Andrew himself will be moving over to St. James, along with several other members of the RF, while the renovations continue at BP.

I know Price Philip's mother lived at BP, but that was then and this is now.

Camilla’s father also lived at CH with Camilla for awhile, I believe. I’m not sure why the public would have an issue with an in-law that has no other immediate family (husband and children) living out their sunset years with their only child. I highly doubt an apartment would be given for Doria’s own use, but there is no reason why she can’t live with her daughter. There are rumors of the Sussexes leasing a country home in Cotswolds. Even if that’s not true, I’m still pretty certain they have something they are using in the country. Can’t imagine they are just cooped up in NottCott all the time. And when they are given bigger accommodations once little ones start to come, there is no reason why Doria can’t live with them or spend significant amount of time staying with them if she wishes.

Last edited:
That man’s fictitious tale is just unbelievable ? :lol:... A liar Keeps digging...

How do you know that’s it’s fictitous? No one really knows the truth. I think the most telling point of that article is that Meghan went to live with her father at age 11 until she left for college. I wonder what happen with her mother.

I know Prince Philip's mother lived at BP, but that was then and this is now.

Prince Philip's mother was also born at Windsor Castle and she was simply living with her son. No decent person would object to that.

I don't think too many people would care if Meghan's mother lived with Harry and Meghan - just so long as it isn't costing them any more than the costs of having Harry and Meghan living there. Any security she needs would be covered by her moving in with Harry and Meghan. They would object if she was to have a separate apartment for herself.

Camilla’s father also lived at CH with Camilla for awhile, I believe. I’m not sure why the public would have an issue with an in-law that has no other immediate family (husband and children) living out their sunset years with their only child. I highly doubt an apartment would be given for Doria’s own use, but there is no reason why she can’t live with her daughter. There are rumors of the Sussexes leasing a country home in Cotswolds. Even if that’s not true, I’m still pretty certain they have something they are using in the country. Can’t imagine they are just cooped up in NottCott all the time. And when they are given bigger accommodations once little ones start to come, there is no reason why Doria can’t live with them or spend significant amount of time staying with them if she wishes.

Emily and Omid are pretty certain the Sussexes have a rented country house (I asked them about it specifically) and said they would be talking about it more in the future.

LaRae

How do you know that’s it’s fictitous? No one really knows the truth. I think the most telling point of that article is that Meghan went to live with her father at age 11 until she left for college. I wonder what happen with her mother.

There were reports that Doria worked as a flight attendant for a period of time, which would’ve included time away from home while traveling for work. It’s just really difficult to trust anything Tom says at this point because so many things either doesn’t make sense in the way he tells it or simply proves to be untrue. It’s a lack of credibility at this point.

Nothing. Doria worked as a airline stewardess for awhile. She traveled a lot. Meghan wrote about it. And Meghan used to go traveling with Doria. It wasn’t as long as Thomas is claiming as Meghan was living with Doria in her teens as we have on video from Meghan’s own lips. So Thomas is stretching the truth again. Then he has rewrote history a lot over these many, many interviews. He can’t keep his lies straight.

There’s no big telling point. Both her parents were involved in her life. I’m not reading the article, but based on your surmise, I’m assuming that it wasn’t mentioned that the father’s house & place of work was located nearer to her high school. Meghan has said numerous times that she spent many hours after school on a television set while her father worked as a lighting director.

Meghan has previously also said that her mother used to work in the travel industry and she travelled to numerous places with her mother. Later, when Meghan was older & still in high school her relationship with her father was strained & she was back to permanently living with her mother.

@Royaldancer ...Lived with him right up until till she left for college after high school?? I’m sorry but that Priddy video footage proves otherwise

Also, that man is so inconsistent with his tall tales from one interview to the next. Study all his interviews properly this time around. His stories are full of contradictions :whistling: Plus I find it incredibly hard to believe this man’s version of events regarding Consular Personnel hand-delivering an official scroll to Doria of the Queen’s Instrument of Consent to H&M’s marriage. On what planet is that document anything to do with the parent(s) of somebody marrying into the BRF that Consulate Officials are dispatched to make a personal delivery? :lol:

Meghan has dealt with this behavior her entire life.

Meghan did state she used to do a lot of traveling (which she really enjoyed) with her mum due to Doria’s line of work but I don’t think I ever read her state that her mother was an air hostess. That’s Samantha’s version and we know just how truthful she can be. If Doria was indeed an air hostess then how was it possible to have a child toddle along with her? It’s been said Doria owned a couple of shops at some point, perhaps the traveling Meghan refers to was more business related. I merely speculate but this scenario would make more sense.

Last edited:
He lies and lies and lies. One made up story after another. It's hilarious, that he has no one disputing his stories. The tabloid print them like they're his diary, no questions asked, no fact checking, just what TM says. Meghan and Harry never respond. KP doesn't respond. Yet with the freedom to make up any story he wants, he still manages to contradict himself, make up another story that doesn't fit with the one he made up before. That just shows how stupid he is.

It would be beautiful if Doria moved to the UK to be near the Sussex’s.

Why should she move to the UK ? She is an independent woman who has her business and social network in the US. There is no plausible reason for her to give that up to be close to a daughter she has only seen sporadically over the last years.

Besides, Doria is not a British citizen. If she wanted to move to the UK, she would have to go through the normal immigration process. Could the British posters provide more information about what would be required for her to seek permanent resident status in Britain ? I suppose she would at least need to have a job offer, or maybe there could be some "family reunion" mechanism. Please let us know.

Last edited:
Nothing. Doria worked as a airline stewardess for awhile.

I didn't know that.

Quite a coincidence; Carole Middleton also was once an airline stewardess.

He lies and lies and lies. One made up story after another. It's hilarious, that he has no one disputing his stories. The tabloid print them like they're his diary, no questions asked, no fact checking, just what TM says. Meghan and Harry never respond. KP doesn't respond. Yet with the freedom to make up any story he wants, he still manages to contradict himself, make up another story that doesn't fit with the one he made up before. That just shows how stupid he is.

Well many of the royal press are catching on to his lies. A saw quite a few quite annoyed by his ever changing stories. For example, in this interview he claimed no one from KP ever came to him for support except he was on GMB going on and on and on about how they did and he declined it. He states he does not care about the royal and then in the next breath is whining about how they are sweet to Doria and not him. He doesn't like Harry and then likes him... oh wait... no back to disliking him. He calls them rude for calling him out on his actions and tells him he better off dead and hangs up after admitting he lied. Go away.

And of course Samantha is on the defensive and proclaiming to Harry (who she was just trashing) that Meghan will treat him like she treats their poor, defenseless father. Give me a break. If anyone is over Thomas and co it is Harry. Imagine Harry listening to a father trying to manipulate his daughter with a threat of a parental death after the way he lost his beloved mother? I have zero doubt Harry over this man.

Last edited:
This man publicly insulted and belittled Doria in the media (giving the usual vile trolls even more ammunition to drag her on comment boards)..

Why on earth should she speak up on his behalf as some people suggest?? So he can belittle her some more with his own twisted narratives? What is so difficult about not selling out your child so often and keeping your mouth shut like Doria has done, despite the paparazzi harassment and disgusting racially-motivated media slurs she endured for ages.

That lying piece of work also tries to airbrush out & diminish Doria’s role in raising Meghan. And he does so aided by his eldest two who are just like him. He is just more crafty and sneaky in how he goes about it.

I don’t know about anyone else but I wouldn’t entertain a so-called father who publicly demeans the one truly supportive and loving parent who never betrays me. Repeatedly insults my new in-laws & husband. And one who tries to ruin my marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom