The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. :flowers: And I never imply. I usually say exactly what I mean. ;) I do think people make more of what is going on 'behind the scenes' (among regular sorts of people) than actually takes place. Might happen in a television drama. Real life? Not so much. Not worth the money that would be needed. Tabloid stuff is usually ignored, though there are the rare occasions when a top-tier actor will decide to sue. Always interesting when that happens. JMO.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I couldn't tell if you meant someone with deeper pockets than Trevor must be involved and you ruled out a Hollywood connection--so I thought maybe you meant Meghan's team.

But I agree with Osipi. Samantha backtracked too quickly for her not to have been warned off of dragging Trevor into her drama. I'm sure he has a lawyer--even a contract lawyer could draw up a warning letter for defamatory statements.

Last edited:
Stories are still running that Sam is going on Celebrity Big Brother. I still don't see it and this may the reason

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...-car-crash-paparazzi-say-law-enforcement.html

In this article DM brought up Sam's child abuse case involving her youngest daughter. The court doc shows the allegation has been substantiated. Channel 5 and the showrunners run the risk that another news organization will bring that up with more details that look bad on Sam and calling into question the network's judgment. Sam can't drag Meghan and the royal family or the network opens itself up to a lawsuit.
I could see Channel 5 announcing Sam is not on the show because they found out about the court case and it was too much even for them.

Or.... this information is fodder for the other participants to get to Samantha and call her out for her behavior. Its previously been stated by Sam, herself, that she will not be discussing Meghan on the show. That leaves the question of just what will she be talking about? If the objective of the show is to be top dawg and bring down the other participants to their knees and make them go into meltdown, they most likely *all* have done their homework on the other people to try and discover their weak spots.

Perhaps Samantha is a huge draw for this show because, frankly, there's so much about her that could provide ammunition for the other participants. What they would focus on is Samantha, herself, and call her out on things she'd really rather the public didn't know about or would forget about her as it detracts from her crusade to bring down Meghan.

So, its very possible that the more information comes out about Samantha, herself, the more of a draw for this program she's going to be. If all the other contestants gang up on Samantha for who she is and what is in *her* past, Samantha would be bringing it on herself for agreeing to be a part of all this.

CBB is a known "smack down" kind of show and lets face it, there's a lot about Samantha/Yvonne Grant/Markle that could fuel a big old smack down. :D

Trevor is one option for a cease and desist letter. The other option is Andrew Morton's publisher. She appeared to pass off direct quotes from Morton's Meghan book as her own. I would assume that would be the clearer legal case, and why she now denies using those quotes.

Or.... this information is fodder for the other participants to get to Samantha and call her out for her behavior. Its previously been stated by Sam, herself, that she will not be discussing Meghan on the show. That leaves the question of just what will she be talking about? If the objective of the show is to be top dawg and bring down the other participants to their knees and make them go into meltdown, they most likely *all* have done their homework on the other people to try and discover their weak spots.

Perhaps Samantha is a huge draw for this show because, frankly, there's so much about her that could provide ammunition for the other participants. What they would focus on is Samantha, herself, and call her out on things she'd really rather the public didn't know about or would forget about her as it detracts from her crusade to bring down Meghan.

So, its very possible that the more information comes out about Samantha, herself, the more of a draw for this program she's going to be. If all the other contestants gang up on Samantha for who she is and what is in *her* past, Samantha would be bringing it on herself for agreeing to be a part of all this.

CBB is a known "smack down" kind of show and lets face it, there's a lot about Samantha/Yvonne Grant/Markle that could fuel a big old smack down. :D

I think Samantha just told someone don't believe the CBB rumor.

Trevor is one option for a cease and desist letter. The other option is Andrew Morton's publisher. She appeared to pass off direct quotes from Morton's Meghan book as her own. I would assume that would be the clearer legal case, and why she now denies using those quotes.

Yep. :flowers: There's a saying, not so? If the dog is willing to bark, it better be willing to bite. I fear a big dog before a yapper.

Last edited:
I really cannot keep track of the SOAP that is the Markle clan...Its 'beyond my ken'..

Thomas' interview in tomorrow’s Mail on Sunday. Lol, he keeps contradicting himself.

It looks like its a "set the story straight" interview with the Fail asked to make a donation to a charity of Harry and Meghan's choice in lieu of payment for the interview.

The latest? He's moving away somewhere where no one will ever find him again. Can we hope that he takes Samantha with him? :D

All I see is the rumor that he was being quiet to reconnect with Meghan being shot down and the door slammed. He's not a happy person and no amount of cheese will go with his whine.

THOMAS MARKLE: Meghan's father hits back at 'bull***t' written about him in revealing interview | Daily Mail Online

He's AGAIN trying to fix his image. The 100th time. He's so boring.

So there was a case of child abuse in Sam's life ? And we know only now ?

I remember hearing about it quite a long time ago. Its never really been a main point of a tabloid article before that I remember. Its no big secret that Samantha is e(strange)d from her mother, her children, her brother and, if I'm not mistaken, everyone remotely related to her. She does say that she talks to her father every day now but I don't think we have to really dig deep to figure out just why.

I expect her to be vehemently on the warpath as the tide turns against her more and more as time passes. Perhaps this is a good thing. She'll be so busy trying to defend herself and her actions that she'll leave Meghan alone. ;)

This man is full of it. He contradicts himself with every single interview. I’m so happy he wasn’t in the wedding. He didn’t deserve it. And the fact he refuses to call out Samantha but still playing victim is ridiculous.

Dad's interview gets better, or worse. Sr admitted he lied to Harry about the pap picture set up.

Thomas Markle reveals he put phone down on Harry in heated call following staged paparazzi photos | Daily Mail Online

Dad is throwing in the towel finally? He obviously sees the public and the press turned on him and I think he fears the royal family will use all its resources to take him down. So Dad decides to wave the white flag.

I looked at the previous interview where it asked if Dad lied to Harry about Pap-gate. I bet he believes KP had the phone call taped and if he denies it the palace whips out the tape.

Last edited:
So there was a case of child abuse in Sam's life ? And we know only now ?
We knew a long time ago that she lost custody of her older two children and then her youngest daughter. I didn't pay attention to any details, I didn't really care.

'I told Harry it would be better if I was dead': Meghan Markle's father's call with the groom | Daily Mail Online

Another interview about Harry's call with Tom Sr. According to Tom Sr. Now he's changed his tune and said he Recieved no help from the palace at all other the a verbal warning saying to stay away from the press.

Said Harry told him not to speak to the press, it would end in tears and that the press would eat him alive.

Said Harry did confront him about staging photos and collaborating with the media before the story broke but he lied saying he was just getting measured for a hoodie.

Three days later the story broke and Harry and Tom spoke again this time while Tom was in hospital and Harry said had he listened to him this never would have happened. Tom said he told Harry "Maybe it would be better for you guys if I was dead… then you could pretend to be sad. Then I hung up."

Apparently Meghan asked Tom to tell Sam to stop talking about her and asked him to stop talking to her but Tom refused saying they are both his daughters.

He apparently loves Harry and his daughter and doesn't care about the Royal family or her being a duchess.

He threw in a comment about how the grandkids would have the Markle nose. In an other interview he said this would be his last interview but we all know that will be unlikely.

Last edited:
The Thomas Markle saga goes on. In this morning’s Daily Express we reported Arthur Edwards’ claim that Thomas Markle lied to Prince Harry about colluding with a pap photographer. Mr Markle has now confirmed that.

Via Richard Palmer Twitter

This is not over for the Markles. Given the tabloids PAID Dad and the half sibs they probably feel like the Markles defrauded the media. No the media should have done its job and vetted them before putting the on their programs and interviewing them. Now the press is going to be out for blood and the Markles would have brought that reckoning on themselves.

As Wyvale said, it is hard keeping up with these people for it is nothing but one lie after another and the lies keep coming......someone should write a book on this situation on all the things *not* to do with your life.......:eek:

I'm fine if it is true, but I suspect Doria moving to London is tabloid fiction. They get their ideas for stories from fan forums and twitter and the idea of Doria moving to London has been floated by fans forever. It doesn't really match reality. Doria has lived years without seeing Meghan on a regular basis. The media interest is new, but having physical distance between her and Meghan is not. Doria has a life in LA including obviously a church community. She also has a career she went back to school for as an adult to do so she's obviously passionate about that. Meghan herself is also not short on friends in London, and many of her celebrity friends regularly visit London for work just like Meghan did as an actress.

Anmer Hall has 10 bedrooms. Lots of space for Doria until she finds a places of her own.

Or she’s can stay in Apartment 1A in london. There’s no lack of room.

I honestly think that Doria is too independent and used to being on her own to relish the thought of living at either Anmer or 1A even for a short duration. I actually don't see it in the works of her even considering moving to the UK because, if I'm not mistaken, around the time of the wedding, it was reported that Doria was leaving the job she was at in order to set up a private practice. I do, however see Doria coming to stay and be with Meghan when a child is born. That's what mothers do.

Looks like the tabloids now have both Tom and Doria moving. Doria to the UK and Tom to Never Never Land when he'll never be seen and heard from again. We have to remember all of this information comes from less than credible tabloids who'll print anything at a drop of a hat.

I'll believe any of it when I see it actually happen. :D

Anmer Hall has 10 bedrooms. Lots of space for Doria until she finds a places of her own.

Or she’s can stay in Apartment 1A in london. There’s no lack of room.

Why on earth would Doria move in with her daughter's brother-in-law and his wife at either of their homes? That just seems...odd. I can't imagine my brother's or my husband's brothers' mothers-in-law moving in with me for any length of time--maybe a few days visit if need be.

And Anmer is a fair distance from London and the Cotswolds.

Last edited:
I don't see Doria moving to London anytime soon. Maybe after kids are born but now not likely though of course it would be lovely if she did.

Uprooting your whole life at 60 and leaving behind her home, friends, community seems unlikely at the moment especially when Meghan herself is still settling in.

It was reported at the time of the wedding that she quit her job but one of the wedding guests gave an interview saying they spoke to Doria about how long she is staying in London after the wedding and she said not long because she has to go back to work soon.

She has since the wedding been photographed leaving for work and near her place of work a few times since the wedding.

According to the article Doria is turning 62 next month - so she could start drawing social security then. I assume the house she lives in is paid for since I think I read that she inherited it, she could rent it out for $2-3000/mo. or she could sell it and probably realize around $800,000 (my best guess based on looking at similar listings in the general area - some one more local would have a more accurate guess) which could yield a tidy sum in retirement for her.
While friends are important, Meghan is Doria’s only child, it wouldn’t surprise me if she decided to move closer to her. I also get the sense that although she hasn’t spoken publicly about it, she, Meghan and Harry may have concerns about her safety living alone in Southern California, especially since the reporters have hounded her at her home and published photos of it. I know I’d be concerned if I were a 62 year old woman living alone w/ all of the publicity she’s endured.
W/ the hope of grandchildren in the near future, retirement just around the corner anyway, and being closer to the resources the Royal family has to help with her safety it makes sense to relocate now rather than a decade from now.
Perhaps there’s an apartment in St. James (didn’t I read that Andrew was giving up the lease on Beatrice and Eugenie’s place?) or KP or even something at Windsor she could rent.

I think if Doria moved she could live with Harry and Meghan but more likely live very close to Harry and Meghan, independently but very close. Maybe a smaller property in whatever estate Harry and Meghan settle into.

The public would be more open to Doria being allowed to living within palace walls or on crown property than say the middletons because she really did gain the admiration of the public with her dignity and grace and they know Meghan's family situation is drastically different but I still don't think it's enough that people won't criticize her for living within palace walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom