The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If something isn’t done to at least calm the waters, it’s all going to heat up. Especially when the joyous family news is announced in the near future.

I believe Samantha’s issue is more on the jealousy side. I don’t think there’s much hope on that front.

Tom and Meghan can come work things out. They just need to get together as a family and talk. I still think a lot of this drama was avoidable.

Again I ask you what does one expect to calm the waters as stated above? Yesterday it was *Matters will get worse* so how much worse can they be?

This is all about Sam and her father, they are the driving force here, they are the only ones that are trying to *force* their way into a relationship with Meghan for what.....it is clear as day to me at least, they want, again they want their needs met and this NEVER happened when Meghan was on TV, it only happened now, she met and married a member of the British Royal Family.

And now they want again........money, power, perks, prestige, a place on the balcony, carriage rides at Ascot, walking the halls of KP/BP, jewels of the BR crown, they want all that Meghan as and this is not about Meghan here either......this is about their greed only....they could care less about Meghan, her father wants to see HM not Meghan as he stated...

So to make matters worse, what......guns blazing at KP/BP if they do not get what *they want* if *their needs* are not met what can they actually do? NOTHING at all, just more interviews bleeping the same old story a hundred different ways, more lies, more gossip about NOTHING, they can do *Absolutely Nothing to Meghan* period.....there are NO hidden secrets about her and if they say there are, well I also have a suite of rooms in BP to sell....

Not just praising her father two years ago, but until a few days before the wedding, he was due to walk her down the aisle.

I have no dog in this fight. I couldn’t care less one way or the other, but I don’t think the relationship is broken beyond repair.

I won’t be surprised in the least if Meghan is making plans to contact her father.

Tom and Meghan can come work things out. They just need to get together as a family and talk. I still think a lot of this drama was avoidable.

Just had another thought that would put the flies in the ointment with getting together and "talking things out" and making things all rainbows and unicorns and right with the world.

The reality of it would be that in order to "patch things up", Daddy would have to concede to what Meghan deems is paramount to a solid relationship. That would be total silence to the press and respecting her wishes. That's all fine and good but it won't solve the problem.

Its playing monkey in the middle with Tom, Sr. starring as the monkey. He'll be forced to make a huge choice between his daughters. He chooses Meghan and her royal connections, Samantha goes off the rails into meltdown mode and lays even worse accusations and vile hatred on Meghan and then starts in on her "disowned" father and cuts him to shreds. The tabloids would eat that up.

There is absolutely no peaceful resolution to be found in this situation no matter how we slice the pie.

Oh, I think her father did think it important, absolutely no doubt in my mind that is where all this came from. The fact that Meghan didn't think it important to introduce her fiance speaks volumes.

He was important enough for her to send him Father's Day posts from her Instagram account and various other mentions right up until the day of the wedding. Or was all that just a facade to keep the outside world from knowing how broken their relationship was and had been for years?

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he backed out of meeting Harry over the past year? In one of his many interviews since the wedding,Snr said he declined a visit from Harry and Meghan after his 'health scare' so that they can go on their honeymoon.

It is known that Meghan last saw Snr Thanksgiving 2016, in that same month Samantha/Yvonne gave those interviews to The Sun. Seeing how he has defended Samantha/Yvonne in that recent interview he gave, I am going assume he and Meghan fell out because of it. Snr siding with Samantha is all you need to know why Snr and Meghan may not reconcile as Snr and Samantha/Yvonne are toxic symbiotic pair. Neither Meghan or Harry need that in their lives.

I sincerely believe at this point that its going to be never ending madness even if something is done about it.

The only end in sight is when the Markles, themselves, give up the ghost and concede defeat, run out of steam or the tabloids lose interest or all of the above. ?

As soon as there is a kid and a Royal baptism for a little prince or princess, the Markles will want an invitation as grandfather and aunt/uncle.

Not just praising her father two years ago, but until a few days before the wedding, he was due to walk her down the aisle.

I have no dog in this fight. I couldn’t care less one way or the other, but I don’t think the relationship is broken beyond repair.

I won’t be surprised in the least if Meghan is making plans to contact her father.

In this situation, it's not really up to Meghan at this point if this relationship can be repaired at some level. It's up to Tom Markle to be able to shut up for long enough to a point where his daughter can trust him. The amount of grief he has caused her since the week of her wedding would be unforgivable for a lot of daughters, but Meghan seems to be a more forgiving person in general. However, I think NO ONE can blame her at this point if she doesn't wish to.

Ultimately, he's the one that decided to collude with paparazzi while his daughter and her fiance are working hard behind scenes to get them to back off of him. And he's the one that decided talking to TMZ with live updates. He's away from the phone when his daughter calls, but he's certain around enough for when TMZ called. He's continued to do interviews afterwards, and gets upset because his daughter is upset that he shared private conversations. And then he goes on to threaten his daughter publicly. I'm not going to shed a tear for him if he has to face the consequences of his decisions. That's life.

Last edited:
I agree with Dman. I think she should make amends with her father,this is so ugly. It does not matter who is wrong or right , it just needs to be fixed. I also think the officials in the palace is making her do it. This is in the headlines everyday. This is not about the rest of her family, this is her elderly father. I bet the queen wants this fixed. Harry and Megan made a mistake when they did not meet him before they marry. It looks like she is isolated from about 95% of her family,I don’t know why. She should fix this with her father, most the comments I read hate Sam , but most have sympathy for her father.

I agree with Dman. I think she should make amends with her father,this is so ugly. It does not matter who is wrong or right , it just needs to be fixed. I also think the officials in the palace is making her do it. This is in the headlines everyday. This is not about the rest of her family, this is her elderly father. I bet the queen wants this fixed. Harry and Megan made a mistake when they did not meet him before they marry. It looks like she is isolated from about 95% of her family,I don’t know why. She should fix this with her father, most the comments I read hate Sam , but most have sympathy for her father.

My question is how can this be fixed right now? Because talking to him only gives him more things to say to the tabloids and thus prolonging the headlines. And no, Palace is not going to make her do anything she doesn't want to do in this regard. This is a private family matter. Meghan isn't the one choosing to have it out in the public domain. And quite frankly, not knowing distant relatives well or be in contact isn't anything new. She has had contact with both of her parents until her father decided to go into complete meltdown mode. As for her half-siblings, it's obvious why there is no relationship.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no peaceful resolution to be found in this situation no matter how we slice the pie.

Well, Her Majesty does employ people with the "license to kill" to solve problems. Maybe someone should gift Sam with a collection of the Bond-movies and point out that there are in fact 00-agents and MI5 in Her Majesty's Secret Service. :D:D:D

Well, Her Majesty does employ people with the "license to kill" to solve problems. Maybe someone should gift Sam with a collection of the Bond-movies and point out that there are in fact 00-agents and MI5 in Her Majesty's Secret Service. :D:D:D

Lets not forget that HM not only has these people on her side, she's one of them. Can we ever forget HM's "Bond girl" entrance into the 2012 London Olympic Games? :D

All of this is fanciful thinking and sometimes it eases the strain of a discussion with a wee bit of humor inserted every now and then. I can actually picture guys like the Men in Black approaching Samantha and she whips 'em all down with her super powered tongue. :lol:

Nope, the Markle family drama really isn't on the headlines everyday. If you even google Meghan Markle, you'll see mixed news articles about her and Prince Harry, and then some about Samantha and her father. In other words, it's all normal coverage. I think what the Sussexes are doing right now is perfect, letting the Markles do their worst. It might seem like it's on the news all the time but it's not--her engagements, her outfits, the couple's appearance dominate the news so much more than the family drama. The only ones paying this continuous attention is really the digital tabloids.

I don’t think their relationship is beyond repair either. I think they just need the time to get together and have a father and daughter talk. It’s best for family relations to make things peaceful. Also, I think Tom and Harry would like to meet and get to know each other. Nobody needs any drama between a father-in-law and son-in-law.

The only way to fix this situation is by taking the time to get together and talk about the issues that’s causing all this dumb stuff. On the phone is one thing, but it’s entirely different to do this in person.

A I said before, it doesn’t matter if Meghan and Harry fly over to meet Tom or Tom get his butt on a plane. They just need to get together and talk. Put down all that pride and talk.

Last edited:
Nope, the Markle family drama really isn't on the headlines everyday. If you even google Meghan Markle, you'll see mixed news articles about her and Prince Harry, and then some about Samantha and her father. In other words, it's all normal coverage. I think what the Sussexes are doing right now is perfect, letting the Markles do their worst. It might seem like it's on the news all the time but it's not--her engagements, her outfits, the couple's appearance dominate the news so much more than the family drama. The only ones paying this continuous attention is really the digital tabloids.

I agree. The issue right now is that it's summer break and Meghan isn't scheduled for any engagements. Usually the fodder about Samantha and Tom Markle gets knocked off as soon as she show up. Then the articles creeps back when there is a news drought.

I don't know if it is beyond repair or not. Maybe her asking him to walk her was the olive branch? Maybe she thought that her father could put away his drama and act like a father for a few days. If so then that was clearly was too much to ask.

If Meghan wants to repair their relationship, then I hope it works out. Thomas has said and done some cruel things in the last few weeks. If the relationship was already fractured, then this has made things extremely difficult. But time can heal wounds. Forcing before people are ready can make things worse.

I don’t think their relationship is beyond repair either. I think they just need the time to get together and have a father and daughter talk. It’s best for family relations to make things peaceful. Also, I think Tom and Harry would like to meet and get to know each other. Nobody needs any drama between a father-in-law and son-in-law.

Except, instead of waiting for the waters to calm down after he went behind their back and did shady business with the press, he decided to threaten his daughter publicly. How is she suppose to trust him at all right now? Maybe at some point down the road, when this all blows over and he proves that he can keep his mouth shut for a little bit, but as long as this is playing out in the public, I don't see how she should get near it that mess of a situation. You also have the Samantha problem. Samantha has thrown vitriol at a sister she hasn't bothered to see in 10 years since this relationship came to light, and Tom is siding with her? Please. I think anyone would have issues with it.

If Meghan decides she wants to try and forgive at some point, I wish her well and will support whatever decision she makes. However, I'm not holding my breath on a happy ending here at this point.

The only way to fix this situation is by taking the time to get together and talk about the issues that’s causing all this dumb stuff. On the phone is one thing, but it’s entirely different to do this in person.

The most immediate problem right now is Tom's fondness for discussing personal conversations with tabloids. I'm not sure how this can be talked out in person or otherwise at this point. And quite frankly, that's the "dumb stuff" that's led to this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

We have no idea if Harry wants to meet this man. Frankly, I won't be surprised if he has no desire these days especially when we know how protective he is. Harry made his comment for a reason.

It is easy to say it would be nice to not have the drama but in-law relationships sometimes just don't work. And Thomas constantly bringing up Harry's mother likely doesn't help the matter. They were clearly trying during the wedding but you can only do but so much.

It is beyond me how anyone can expect Meghan to have a positive relationship with her father......

First and foremost doing this would not be in the interest of any person's mental health and Meghan with Harry joined the Cambridge charity on just that subject........mental health.......no one has to ever endorse a person who has emotionally abused them publicly for heaven's sake.......

I do not know what Meghan is thinking as none of us do, yet for her own sanity and safety I hope she makes the right decisions for herself and her marriage as Harry is the only one now that is the most important person in her life. She now is married and not a child who runs to daddy for things, her husband comes first in her life I would think......

Perhaps the relationship would be able to be repaired if Tom, Sr. is talked to and is made to see the error of his ways and agrees to sign a NDA which would effectively not only bar him from talking to the media, but also from talking to his daughter, Samantha, who at this point is gleefully boasting that she talks to her dad every day.

Do we really believe Tom, Sr. would buckle down under these circumstances and effectively tell his oldest daughter to bluntly "go away and never return. You don't matter anymore. Now I have Meghan."?

Tom, Sr., to me, doesn't come across as a person comfortable in his own skin and is easily malleable to influences around him. This is why I see him right now in the position of being the monkey in the middle. What parent would ever, in a million years, want to have to choose between their children and shut one out to have a relationship with the other. I don't think honestly that Tom, Sr. has the stamina or the character build to do that. To me, that is really being between a rock and a hard place.

Doria, blessedly doesn't have any reason or inclination or even any ties really to the Markles anymore unless she chooses. Its no loss to her to completely and totally shut them out of her life and remain a staunch support for her "flower" that she's always made sure she was there for totally and completely.

Last edited:

Previously Meghan has spoken well and cared for her father. He has repaid her kindness by attacking her, her mother, spouse and his family. None of them have yet to say anything bad about him.

It’s not Meghan’s fault that her father doesn’t have a relationship with his children or grandchildren, except Sam. It’s not Meghan’s fault that other family members have no relationship with each other. Some people are fortunate to have close relatives and others are not.

It’s easy for people to say Meghan should fix the situation and pretend like she hadn’t been communicating with her father. It is her father that told TMZ that he didn’t respond to her, but instead called them. He knew better, but did what he could to betray & try to destroy his own child! Now the phone number he has is no longer working he’s complaining. Would you want your number handed over to TMZ or Piers Morgan?

Meghan told him not to speak to the press, he goes ahead and speaks to the press as organized by his eldest daughter. He then cooperates with certain UK media to attack & threaten Meghan again. What father needs to be told not to threaten & emotionally abuse their child!

There is little sympathy for a man who has chosen to so publicly betray and threaten those who should be most precious to him. If for her own well-being, Meghan has to stay away from abuse then so be it. Emotional abuse is a punishable crime.

And furthermore Meghan does not need a relationship with her father, she needs a strong healthy relationship with *Her Husband* first and foremost in her life now......Harry matters, no Sr or Sam or even Doria. They come second to the man she married and the vows that she took in that church on May 19 as seen before the entire world........and from all that I have read about Meghan, that is what she is currently doing.....gotta love a happily married lady and her man.......

It doesn't matter if this The Duchess of Sussex or Meghan Markle (the Actress) or Meghan Markle (My Coworker) or someone I didn't even know the point is she is being bullied and emotionally abused by her family. The people who are supposed to care for and about her. And this type of behavior should not be acceptable to anyone.

So No, I wouldn't encourage to have a relationship with any of these people unless they changed their behavior.

Last edited:
So No, I wouldn't encourage to have a relationship with any of these people unless they changed their behavior.

Once a piece of cloth that is pure white is dyed black, no matter what one does or how much bleach is used, that piece of cloth is never going to be pure white ever again.

This is what happens when trust is betrayed. It never can be fully reinstated again to where it was before. There'll always be remnants of mistrust there.

Zonk and Osipi:

Both of your comments are right on target for person regardless of whom they are or not for that is all that matters is only one person's personal survival in this life....and Meghan will do what is best for Meghan.

I will not believe a word unless it comes for Meghan, Harry or KP, none other has any importance in this situation ever.:flowers:

Right now I think Megan and Harry are getting ready to go to Balmoral to spend a few days with the queen. If Doris is invited watch the Markles lose it.

Would we see pictures of Harry and Meghan at Balmoral even? And would HM invite Doria there? I hope Doria is invited and can have some down time with Harry and Meghan. I think for me personally Balmoral is the most beautiful place on earth.......so they would enjoy just walking in the woods, having a picnic, letting the dogs run free, and catching fireflies in the evening.

Would we see pictures of Harry and Meghan at Balmoral even? And would HM invite Doria there? I hope Doria is invited and can have some down time with Harry and Meghan. I think for me personally Balmoral is the most beautiful place on earth.......so they would enjoy just walking in the woods, having a picnic, letting the dogs run free, and catching fireflies in the evening.

They do have separate cottages there for their guests who don't want (or are not requested) to abide HM's wishes when it comes to a structured day with guests. These guests (or so I read) can come over to tea any day when they announced that wish a day before (so they know if there is anything else planned for the day and who else will be there) but they are only invited to the formal dinners once or twice during their stay, to the excursions with barbecues etc. and can otherwise spend their days as they wish in private. Same with Charles in Birkhall, which is another manor on the large, large Balmoral estate.

So they could take one of the cottages with two or more bedrooms and invite Doria and then it depends on if HM, Philip, Charles or Doria want to meet at all. As Meghan and Harry enjoy being alone, cooking for themselves and take long walks with the dog, they can do that and meet up with the others for a barbecue, while servants of the Great HOuse deliver the products for their evening meal to their cottages' kitchen. Prefixed if ordered or just cleaned. It's like a 5 star resort from the service and amneties, but it is like a village where only family lives in. At the times of QV there was more staff, including boys/riders just employed to bring notices from one household to the next but nowadays they have landlines and cell phones...

If Doria is indeed invited to spend time at Balmoral, it would never become public knowledge unless someone, somewhere recognized Doria on a flight into Aberdeen airport.

The Balmoral down time is sacrosanct to HM and her family and guests and there's no way a press intrusion would be deemed acceptable and even have a chance of happening. Its the one time of the year where the family can be guaranteed of privacy and remain far, far away from the maddening crowd.

The Markles may catch wind of something but only after all is said and done with. I hope that Doria does get a vacation away from things and spends time at this beautiful estate.

I mean ^ we regularly have gotten pics of people at Balmoral though including the Middletons so it wouldn’t be that far out there for the press to learn Doria was there or to get pics. Selfishly, I want more pics of Harry and Doria laughing it up like we got at IG!

I love the idea of Doria at Balmoral. Few places in the world can touch the beauty of the highlands and I think Doria would love it!

It doesn't matter if this The Duchess of Sussex or Meghan Markle (the Actress) or Meghan Markle (My Coworker) or someone I didn't even know the point is she is being bullied and emotionally abused by her family. The people who are supposed to care for and about her. And this type of behavior should not be acceptable to anyone.

This is so true. Sr. has crossed so many lines. I question the empathy of people in the media who are trying to bribe Meghan to meet with this man.

My opinion would be to diplomatically meet with him just so the that side of the family and their enablers can't hold that over her head forever. Of course any meeting should be in the presence of a mediator, taped so that untrustworthy person cannot twist what happend. This man is not deserving of respect when he gives none in return. Just bang and get it over with so he can't hold the sympathy card.

I mean ^ we regularly have gotten pics of people at Balmoral though including the Middletons so it wouldn’t be that far out there for the press to learn Doria was there or to get pics. Selfishly, I want more pics of Harry and Doria laughing it up like we got at IG!

I love the idea of Doria at Balmoral. Few places in the world can touch the beauty of the highlands and I think Doria would love it!

The Mrs. McNasty in me would love to see any Markle try and get on the Balmoral estate themselves and meet up with a very hungry Lieutenant Corporal Cruachan IV.

I do think you've hit the nail on the head that nothing will infuriate the Markle e(strange)d family than to see pictures of Harry and Meghan thoroughly enjoying themselves basking in the warmth of her new family. The more Meghan gets on with her life and is shown to be happy and content, the less the Markles will like it and try and hit back.

Revenge *is* a dish best served cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom