The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roya tends to be on it although she has gotten some big things wrong. But I tend to find her reporting more substantive than not.

So, it wouldn't surprise me IF someone from KP did a "leak test" with Tom about a *possible* meeting to see if Tom would then go to the higher bidder with the info. I do not think Roya would report it unless she got from a decent source. I think the way its couched is still very speculative which gives cover to both sides if it doesn't happen.

With that said, I do think Meghan will be back in LA this month to visit her mom.

Roya's sources are former royal aides. How do they know?

If you read the article it seems more like a Tom Sr. leaks than a KP leak. It's says Tom was asked to keep 2 days clear in his schedule this month around the time Meghan plans to visit UK.

A trip to the US has been rumoured in the press but nothing has been confirmed. The details are much heavier on Tom's side than Meghan's.

I honestly would not be surprised if perhaps someone from KP approached Tom for very initial talks about seeing his daughter as a test. Considering this meeting is on the front of the MIRROR which is one of his favourite newspapers to work with I would say he failed the test.

:previous: While I agree that Harry is very protective of Meghan, this isn't his decision. It's hers. His role in this is to support her in whatever decision she makes, which I suspect he does.

It has nothing to do with it being her decision or not. And that is not the point.

I think from a strategic point of view leaking about a potential meeting takes the sail out of the story. To me it makes the ongoing ratcheting of one sided aggression seem like yesterdays news. I think it best for KP to remain firm but offer Sr. a soft escape. I also think the ongoing escalation and aggression while bad for Sr. it is a negative for KP because they are not in control of the narrative.

Strategically I would rule in favor of a benevolent yet firm resolution to this story.

Even if there were a meeting Meghan would not be in the room alone. The RPOs would be with her or be nearby. Dad won't like it out of fear they would record what was said, but he would have to "get over it".

The other reason the article seems like a trap for Pops it mentioned the half sibs will not be in the room and Dad has pushed for a family reunion. That fine detail made it in the papers.

Last edited:
If we are all honest with ourselves I think we were all expecting some sort of stunt from the Markles after Meghan's appearence at the wedding.

KP wouldn't purposefully leak this information right after her appearance because it would result in having to share coverage with the Markles which they would never want. Associating them together on a good a PR day and especially her birthday I don't think it's KP.

We simply have to wait. Sam or Tom will have some reaction if it's not from their side but I definitely think it is their side regardless of Roya reporting on it.

The tabloids are so trying to recreate the situation after Diana's death, when they forced the queen and the princes back to London, when it would have been in the best interest of the boys to stay in Balmoral. Harry was the victim then, now is his wife.
IMHO they are trying to navigate that situation for the future. Meghan wants to return to LA to see her mother and her other friendly relatives. She can imagine how the media is to cover this if she is not seeing her father then. Plus she will probably try for one last time to explain her side to him in the hope he will stop blabbing.

If I was in that situation, I'll date the meeting at the end of the stay, so the media hopefully stays off comments about seeing her mother and not her father. During the meeting I'd ask my father to stop talking to the media out of respect for my privacy. I'd even offer to give him some money. If he keeps quiet over that, I'd try it again with him for the last time. If not, I'd make a public statement about my reasons, that I had tried another time, betrayed another time and that this is all I am willing to do in the future and that I'm sad, but that's that. I would even add a sentence like: there are three in my relationship with my father, so it's a bit too crowded for me.:D:D

Why does it seem everyone all of a sudden is wanting Meghan to talk to her father? This is outrageous behavior on his part, he talked to the media *BEHIND* Meghan's back, he talked about personal info and made fun of Harry and the royal family, he BETRAYED his daughter time and time again here and we read it and saw it......he threatened his daughter and lied about her.....good grief what am I missing here.......*A person does NOT endorse and accept this type of behavior from anyone even a family member period* This is not about love of a parent, this is about the BROKEN TRUST that a parent did to their child and no child should ever make amends with someone like that for that is so against their mental health.

I saw pictures today of Meghan like you all did, she looked radiant, happy, in love and complete at ease in her life.......this is not the picture of a woman suffering in her marriage that Sr says........how would be know, he is not in contact with her by her choice and that is the problem here, he wants contact to what, see HM, to be treated like Trump was when he was there, to have money given to him and access so that he can do another interview with the weasel on TV........gads I hope Meghan never see or talks to him again, if she does then she must accept the consequences of her actions like Sr should and doesn't. Let the Markels yell, complain, give all the interview they want for what can they tell anyone, NOTHING for they are cut off for their betrayal of Meghan and they did it time and time again and again......would anyone here trust Sr or Sam...........I sure would not for all the money in the world.

Why does it seem everyone all of a sudden is wanting Meghan to talk to her father?
Because it's pretty boring when the stories begin to have a long beard and nothing new comes up

Why should she talk to anyone? Her "family" is having a major league strikeout. Just lean back and let Karma work.

:previous:
That is not a smart reason for Meghan to talk to her father or anyone else in that family just because the stories are boring.......I would hope she never talks to them again for her own sanity and safety...the Markle's will never go away and then only come to light again when they need money or when Meghan has a baby...then they can cry wolf all they want.......I know it is Meghan's choice yet she is deeply in love with Harry and he the same......no way is he going to want her to talk to them.....he lived through what the media did with his mother, he learned those lessons the very hard difficult way and they have stuck with him to this day.......their first priority in life should be each other and no one else period. They started a new life together and no one should ever come between that as the vows say.........Sr should and I hope will not come between Meghan and Harry ever......and why would she or he let that happen? You NEVER trust someone again who has betrayed you ever.......if Meghan has not learned that by now then I will not feel sorry for her and for the consequences that would follow......will be disastrous to say the least!

Last edited:

Absolutely not a smart reason!
What I said was related to the tabloids who are bored because there is nothing to report exept for old, washed-out stories. Sorry if I express myself unclear...

As I said: why should she talk to anyone just to see her word 2 minutes later all over the tabloids.
The only way I would talk to him would be: secretly filming while have the conversation, waiting to be sold out, prooving them all wrong by showing the video. But as this is not a royal style (which is good), it's just a scenario which makes me grin

I think from a strategic point of view leaking about a potential meeting takes the sail out of the story. To me it makes the ongoing ratcheting of one sided aggression seem like yesterdays news. I think it best for KP to remain firm but offer Sr. a soft escape. I also think the ongoing escalation and aggression while bad for Sr. it is a negative for KP because they are not in control of the narrative.

Strategically I would rule in favor of a benevolent yet firm resolution to this story.

This is a non-story. It exists solely in the tabloids. Solely, indeed, in all the reactions and 'tittle tattle' ;) about the non-story. Totally concocted and it will go on as long as people 'click' and talk. JMO. There is nothing to 'resolve'.

There's something suspicious about Piers Morgan's part in the Markle family mess. On 7/18 he announced on GMB he is going on summer break for six weeks and be in Hollywood during the time. Next he appeared on the Talk and defended Dad and insisted Meghan should get on a plane and meet him. Now this story comes out in the Mirror Meghan and Dad will meet towards the end of August. That falls around six weeks during that time. That's too much of a coincidence for me. I believe Piers is colluding with the Markles to force a family reunion so Piers has a scoop to report when he comes back to GMB. The Markles gets cash from the network again and they hope they get a big payoff from Meghan. This could be another reason Meghan is staying away - paying the Markles money looks like blackmail, that they have something on Meghan that could end her marriage to Harry and boot her out of the BRF. Giving them money will never be enough. Meghan and the royals should hold the line.

Meghan could always meet up with her mum Doria in New York or somewhere else on the east coast rather than fly all the way to California. Now wouldn't that put a spoke into P.Ms plans. Not to mention the Markles plans, if they didn't know about it before hand.

I agree wit you Madame Verseau - I think Piers has something on Meagan - it is just wired that he keeps defending them and want to be around them - what ever they told him has to be big - but piers is up to something

Have what exactly? Piers doesn’t know Meghan. He has been whining over that one meeting for 2 years now. He is like Samantha. Feels entitled.

First things first. It is *rumored* that Meghan is flying to the US for private visits with friends and family. Some surmise that there's a chat with Dad in the works and some have surmised that she's visiting a slew of A-listers. If, and this is a big if, there is this private trip in the works, none of the details would ever have been leaked to the press and she would have gone "under the radar" with no one being the wiser. Those years of courtship proved that both of them are adept at doing things on the down low. Smells to me like a trap to fish out where leaks are coming from. I'd actually be very surprised if Meghan is headed to the US at all.

Another big if in my book is that if Meghan was contemplating any kind of meeting with her father at this time, I believe it would be much more logical if it was planned in such a way that Dad came to her rather than her go to him. Controls the narrative so much better this way. Dad sees and gets to somewhat understand the lifestyle Meghan lives in right down to the checklist trying to get into KP, her RPOs constantly around her, a tour of the KP office staff with explanations of what they do and don't do and with being assigned his own RPO as a courtesy the minute he gets off the plane, no chance of him talking to *anyone* without it being known.

The idea that Meghan would fly to California, set up a meeting with her Dad and have it known to be happening so far in advance is like asking every tabloid reporter to latch onto Tom, Sr. for the rest of August and stalk his every move made in hope that it leads to Meghan eventually. They'll definitely want the "scoop" on this meeting no matter what they have to do to get it. Meghan is astute enough not to walk into that kind of situation. Her RPOs wouldn't allow it in the first place. Its a perfect setup for an ambush. On the other hand, its a perfect setup to keep Daddy Dearest in the public eye at least until September. Then its "woe is me" time after the meeting doesn't happen or materialize.

I'll believe it when it comes from credible sources. Meghan or KP. No one else. There are just too many flaws. With Tom, Sr.'s behavior, there's no way Meghan is going to walk into the scenario painted that would just serve to give the Markles and the tabloids more ink for their pens to write.

Why does it seem everyone all of a sudden is wanting Meghan to talk to her father? This is outrageous behavior on his part, he talked to the media *BEHIND* Meghan's back, he talked about personal info and made fun of Harry and the royal family, he BETRAYED his daughter time and time again here and we read it and saw it......he threatened his daughter and lied about her.....good grief what am I missing here.......*A person does NOT endorse and accept this type of behavior from anyone even a family member period* This is not about love of a parent, this is about the BROKEN TRUST that a parent did to their child and no child should ever make amends with someone like that for that is so against their mental health.

I saw pictures today of Meghan like you all did, she looked radiant, happy, in love and complete at ease in her life.......this is not the picture of a woman suffering in her marriage that Sr says........how would be know, he is not in contact with her by her choice and that is the problem here, he wants contact to what, see HM, to be treated like Trump was when he was there, to have money given to him and access so that he can do another interview with the weasel on TV........gads I hope Meghan never see or talks to him again, if she does then she must accept the consequences of her actions like Sr should and doesn't. Let the Markels yell, complain, give all the interview they want for what can they tell anyone, NOTHING for they are cut off for their betrayal of Meghan and they did it time and time again and again......would anyone here trust Sr or Sam...........I sure would not for all the money in the world.
:previous: Agree with all this.

N.ts desperately seeking dirt on Meghan are just :whistling:

That is not a smart reason for Meghan to talk to her father or anyone else in that family just because the stories are boring.......I would hope she never talks to them again for her own sanity and safety...the Markle's will go away and only come to light again when they need money or when Meghan has a baby...then they can cry wolf all they want.......I know it is Meghan's choice yet she is deeply in love with Harry and he the same......no way is he going to want her to talk to them.....he lived through what the media did with his mother, he learned those lessons the very hard difficult way and they have stuck with him to this day.......their first priority in life should be each other and no one else period. They started a new life together and no one should ever come between that as the vows say.........Sr should and I hope will not come between Meghan and Harry ever......and why would she or he let that happen? You NEVER trust someone again who has betrayed you ever.......if Meghan has not learned that by now then I will not feel sorry for her and for the consequences that would follow......will be disastrous to say the least!

Again so much common sense in your post :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't saying that Piers has something on Meghan; I'm saying if Meghan gives Dad money the tabloids will imply they have something on her.

Sam is now dragging Meghan's ex husband Trevor Engelson into this mess. Express has an article out saying Trevor is still bitter and he could reveal secrets of their marriage. She is also talking about Trevor's stalled TV show about a guy's ex who marries into the British royal family and they share custody of a kid. Sam is running out of things to say (and money) so she will libel anyone to say in the news and collect. Trevor by the way announced his engagement on social media one month after Meghan and Harry's wedding so Sam's latest harangue could damage Trevor personally and professionally. If that show is really a veiled hit piece on Meghan it will hurt him in Hollywood. Trevor better get in front of this; he has to talk because his silence implies what Sam said is true.

Meghan's supporters are coming for Sam on Twitter

https://www.google.com/amp/popcultu...e-fans-defend-sister-samantha-cruella-de-vil/

It's good to see not everyone believes in the Markle nonsense and are willing to stick up for Meghan. It also shows the Markles are still losing in the court of public opinion despite Piers and the tabloids' efforts. This could be the best birthday present Meghan can get and I trust she enjoyed her day despite the nonsense.

:previous: Agree with all this.

N.ts desperately seeking dirt on Meghan are just :whistling:

Again so much common sense in your post :flowers:
I think it is imperative that we accept that not all families are like the Bradys. My grandmother was not a nice person and took a perverse pleasure at causing pain. As a blood relative and the family matriarch, the only deep and passionate feeling she evoked in me was a profound desire for a blood transfusion.
When she died I felt relief not grief

Thomas Markle has hurt Meghan by showing her that money and celebrity come before her need for love or privacy. Not only does he broadcast that he is speaking of things she had asked him not to, but he is demanding that she provide more information for him to sell.

The Markles didn't act like this when she was hired for Suits so it's obvious the "Royalty" aspect that interests them. That and what they think they can scam off her. But blackmailing her by slagging off the BRF is never going to work. Never complain, never explain, has worked for them for generations, they've dealt with far worse. My money is on the BRF who truly seem to be embracing Meghan with a surprising amount of acceptance and warmth and affection.

Piers and the markles have nothing on Meghan. If anyone had any sort of 'dirt' on Meghan, it would've been spilled during the past almost two years. All they got was blender and first kiss at summer camp. And all of those have ran out.

I don't believe there's any meeting set up. If there was, mirror wouldn't be reporting this.

Let's look at all this from another angle. The Markle and the Morgan and the tabloid angle. So far, they have not been able to score a single response from Meghan or anyone associated with her. Absolute silence and total ignorance of the "War of the Markles" being played out consistently day in and day out wherever we look.

The most asinine and inane headline I've recently has to be "The Markles SNUB Meghan on her birthday". How can someone snub someone they have no way of even contacting other than having the tabloids blare it as a headline? This, to me shows desperation. Nothing they're doing is working for them and they're quickly running out of credibility as we've seen in Madame Versau's post.

What to do? What to do? Ahhh... what they can do is manipulate a scenario that draws Meghan into the whole picture whether she likes it or not and it just may be a way to force her hand. The rumor of that US visit isn't a new one. Its been around a while with a quick search showing that the rumor was alive and well with the earliest report I see being July 18th. Take a rumor and build on it and put it so much in the public eye that its believed to be going to happen. It doesn't happen, it is due cause to rip Meghan a new one. If it did happen, it'd defeat the purpose of a reconciliation as it would portray the Markles as telling Meghan what she has to do, further Tom, Sr.'s sense of gross entitlement and have the tabloids cackle with glee that they can command a performance from a British royal. No matter what happens with this, its not ever going to be in Meghan's favor.

One thing is clear to me. Meghan isn't going to go near her father any time soon as it is detrimental to her health and well being. To react to any of this blathering in the tabloids and the rumors that abound would be like wanting honey in one's tea and reaching into the bee's nest for it. With the bees still buzzing about protecting the hive.

The War of the Markles will continue on but their siege of the castle is an impossible goal. They're attacking said castle with cannon ammunition that is actually nothing more than water balloons. :D

My good friends,

The situation has gone on for far too long. Somebody have to talk to somebody. The problems have to be resolved.

:previous: That's a high apple pie in the sky hope. Do you honestly think there is a way this could happen and resolve things peacefully at this time like mature adults? I'm not seeing it at all.

Speaking of high apple pie in the sky hopes, there's a verse to the lyrics of that song that remind me of Thomas Markle, Sr. right about now.

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram, scram
He kept buttin' that dam

The man also has high apple pie in the sky hopes. :D

I think it is imperative that we accept that not all families are like the Bradys. My grandmother was not a nice person and took a perverse pleasure at causing pain. As a blood relative and the family matriarch, the only deep and passionate feeling she evoked in me was a profound desire for a blood transfusion.
When she died I felt relief not grief

Thomas Markle has hurt Meghan by showing her that money and celebrity come before her need for love or privacy. Not only does he broadcast that he is speaking of things she had asked him not to, but he is demanding that she provide more information for him to sell.

The Markles didn't act like this when she was hired for Suits so it's obvious the "Royalty" aspect that interests them. That and what they think they can scam off her. But blackmailing her by slagging off the BRF is never going to work. Never complain, never explain, has worked for them for generations, they've dealt with far worse. My money is on the BRF who truly seem to be embracing Meghan with a surprising amount of acceptance and warmth and affection.
Hi Marg, sorry to hear about the ordeal inflicted by your Nan. I guess some relatives are just not nice. And I agree completely with your view of the Markles.

:previous: That's a high apple pie in the sky hope. Do you honestly think there is a way this could happen and resolve things peacefully at this time like mature adults? I'm not seeing it at all.

Speaking of high apple pie in the sky hopes, there's a verse to the lyrics of that song that remind me of Thomas Markle, Sr. right about now.

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram, scram
He kept buttin' that dam

The man also has high apple pie in the sky hopes. :D

Somebody gotta try. I’ll try anything and everything before things get any worse.

Let's look at all this from another angle. The Markle and the Morgan and the tabloid angle. So far, they have not been able to score a single response from Meghan or anyone associated with her. Absolute silence and total ignorance of the "War of the Markles" being played out consistently day in and day out wherever we look.

The most asinine and inane headline I've recently has to be "The Markles SNUB Meghan on her birthday". How can someone snub someone they have no way of even contacting other than having the tabloids blare it as a headline? This, to me shows desperation. Nothing they're doing is working for them and they're quickly running out of credibility as we've seen in Madame Versau's post.

What to do? What to do? Ahhh... what they can do is manipulate a scenario that draws Meghan into the whole picture whether she likes it or not and it just may be a way to force her hand. The rumor of that US visit isn't a new one. Its been around a while with a quick search showing that the rumor was alive and well with the earliest report I see being July 18th. Take a rumor and build on it and put it so much in the public eye that its believed to be going to happen. It doesn't happen, it is due cause to rip Meghan a new one. If it did happen, it'd defeat the purpose of a reconciliation as it would portray the Markles as telling Meghan what she has to do, further Tom, Sr.'s sense of gross entitlement and have the tabloids cackle with glee that they can command a performance from a British royal. No matter what happens with this, its not ever going to be in Meghan's favor.

One thing is clear to me. Meghan isn't going to go near her father any time soon as it is detrimental to her health and well being. To react to any of this blathering in the tabloids and the rumors that abound would be like wanting honey in one's tea and reaching into the bee's nest for it. With the bees still buzzing about protecting the hive.

The War of the Markles will continue on but their siege of the castle is an impossible goal. They're attacking said castle with cannon ammunition that is actually nothing more than water balloons. :D
BIB is what I believe is now going on. The Markles are as desperate as they are atrocious but Meghan needs to carry on doing what she is doing and just ignore. And once the horrid trio really overstep the mark (and they will at some point) then hopefully it becomes a legal matter.

Obviously certain sections of the the U.K. media/tabs are complicit in this which is rather unfortunate. There’s also a band of individual reporters & commentators really determined to force Meghan into yielding to the unreasonable behaviour of Thomas Markle. That man is a horror.

Last edited:
:previous:Dman
And just how or whom should be talking here? The *fact* is that this will *never* go away or be done with period for Meghan is the cash cow of the Markle's..........even if Meghan left Harry, it will never go away as she is in one of the very highest clubs in the world, The Royals. That right there is why the Markles are always going to be after her and Harry........they, the Markles did not to this type of behavior before she dated Harry, she was not bashed and degraded before the world then, it is the world of the ROYALS that is the very reason this is happening here.......NOTHING Meghan does or will do or doesn't do is very going to shut these idiots up.....they are never going away in life period and only through their very passing on will it stop. No amount of money, access, talking, perks or whatever they want will shut them up.......they want attention all the time, they are proving just that and with that attention comes money.....as Sam said, *Money makes the world go around* and all the money in the world will NEVER shut her or her family up.

My good friends,

The situation has gone on for far too long. Somebody have to talk to somebody. The problems have to be resolved.

The situation is annoying to me-I am exasperated by these annoying relatives of Meghan’s. They are very predictable and tiresome.?

Much more so for the BRF, —-or maybe less. They may not pay any attention except for an occasional briefing on the situation.

These particular Markles are clearly not reasonable, mature people so how can it be resolved? Even if they were British subjects, the Queen couldn’t put them in the Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom