The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll all just create more chaos, if he’s kept away from any Sussex crumbs snatchers. Not speculating though. It’s just that I don’t see any good coming out of this bizarre situation, if it continues.

I feel the opposite. She owes this man nothing. He doesn’t have to be in her life and certainly not in any of the Sussex children. I don’t think any rational person watching this play out will not understand keeping a distance. At this point a reconciliation would be more surprising.

It’ll all just create more chaos, if he’s kept away from any Sussex crumbs snatchers. Not speculating though. It’s just that I don’t see any good coming out of this bizarre situation, if it continues.

Chaos for who? The Markles? The tabloids? They're the only ones involved in this "chaos" now. The Markles will continue to bleat and moo and cackle until the cows come home regardless of what happens in the future and the tabloids will be right there as their farmer's market to capitalize on it.

Chaos for Meghan, Harry, the BRF and any Sussex children? I don't think so. They're so far removed from all the "chaos" the Markles are trying to create that it will not remotely affect them whatsoever. They're experts at shutting out the "noise" from the barnyard.

It occurs to me that Markle Sr. might try to confront/ambush Meghan in a public place, walkabout, etc. But he’s not a man whose appearance would enable him to hide in a crowd! I’m sure the Sussex security team will know what he looks like.

Now I do agree that he is not really entitled to any real relationship with his daughter....but:
If I were she, I would release an open letter of sorts:

Dear Dad:
I’m sorry that our relationship is not good. I am adjusting to marriage, to a new country, to a new family, and to a new position and its requirements.
I hope that you understand and that we can reconnect in the future.

She takes the high road with a totally non-committal statement, and he has an opportunity and a reason to keep his mouth shut.

If Tom, Sr. were to attempt to approach Meghan in any way, shape or form anywhere, it would be an embarrassment for him as he's hauled away as a potential threat to her person. She has highly trained RPOs that could very easily deal with just about anyone that would attempt to accost Meghan in public.

She's best off with the silent treatment she's doing right now. Anything she'd do or say as a response to Tom, Sr. or any of the Markles would just fuel their vendetta even more so as they *finally* got a response and a rise out of Meghan and *forced* her to respond to them. Ignoring them works so much better.

poor MEG

:eek::eek:
Now you see what those Markles have done! They've driven us to drink.! :lol:?:whistling:

I feel sorry for MEG. I think her sister is a case study in jealousy and vindictiveness. Her father is pretty messed up too. I'm an American and
I think they are the showing the strain of living in the USA. Completely money mad. Self Absorbed.

Yes, I agree with the consensus that the policy in dealing with the Markle's this point is to ignore. Its not going to go away but whatever choice does she have.

She doesn't respond to his threats and keeps her distance. Really, at this point, can she trust him? He has shown that he lacks discretion and will say anything to anyone for any sum.

She responds to Tom Sr., emotional blackmail and he "won." She takes the chances that he could so the same (talk until she she talks to him). And even if she did, does she take the chance that he won't share their discussion.

There is no need to communicate with Thomas Jr., Samantha, the Dooleys or any other random family members she does not have a relationship with. If she hasn't spoken to them in 10 years (for example Samantha), what is going to change?

While it would be desirable for Doria (and Tom) to have a nice relationship with Charles and the rest of his family...it really isnt' necessary IMO since the parties involved lived in two separate countries. It's not like Kate's parents who live in the UK, babysit when William and Kate are on tour, etc.

Most likely Doria will come over for some holidays, potential births and christenings. I am confident that Doria and Charles will have a nice relationship and comfortable relationship so that when she visits if and when Charles is available, things will be friendly.

I don't see that happening for Thomas Sr., and this was before he decided to sell his soul to the media.

In regards to the media finding out stuff about the Markles...that's another aspect that I don't understand. Somehow, someone has got their hands on the notes regarding the relationship with Samantha and her daughter Noelle, and it doesn't look pretty on Sam's side. These aren't rumors but stated facts. How are you going on preaching about a lack of a relationship between Meghan and her father, when she (Sam) doesn't have a relationship with any of her kids.

Basically, the potential for the British media to dig up and publish embarrassing details of their lives should be a concern.

I am really surprised the British media hasn't turned on her fully and started to report this. I mean, again...let's do a recap. Thomas, Sr., Samantha and Thomas Jr., desire a relationship with Meghan BUT

Thomas Sr. - doesn't speak with Thomas, Jr. or any of his grandchildren. I don't believe he speaks with Samantha's kids and the Dooley children didn't seem too concerned when he had his heart attack.

Thomas jr. doesn't speak with Thomas Jr., Samantha or his children (two sons).

Samantha doesn't speak with Thomas Jr., her mother Roslyn, or any of her children (she has three).

AND YET THEY ALL TALK AT GREAT LENGTH ABOUT THE LACK OF RELATIONSHIP THEY HAVE MEGHAN.

I wonder if they put that much effort in trying to repair the relationships listed above?

That first bolded statement is the height of snobbery but unfortunately true, Sr never had a chance of being brought into the family, even while he was quiet and we knew nothing about him or how broken his relationship with his daughter was.

Why aren't the Markles worried about people digging into their pasts? Because they don't care, they're obviously not the kind of people that worry a lot about their image. There buckets of money to be made by them and the media, who won't run their backstories and kill the goose that laid the golden egg (or geese in this case).

The media is what is driving this, and the public's insatiable thirst for gossip. As long as the Markles sell papers they will be published, once their bs doesn't sell anymore it'll stop. And it seems to be increasing in frequency, not decreasing, which tells me there is a lot of interest still.

A person never gives into abuse of any kind be it emotional, mental, physical, verbal and this goes for what Meghan is going through. I understand that not everyone understands these type of abusive's and have never experienced such, but somewhere in life we, each of us most take care of ourselves first for we are all we have at that moment in time.

There is a very very good book out there that I strongly believe in for it showed me just how to get rid of *Toxin Relationships* a very long time ago and I keep that book by my bedside to this day.......*Learning to Love Yourself*, not a thick book that takes days to read but a well thought out and grounded book on how we as a person must leave or get rid of people in our lives that have hurt us and they continue to do so in destroying us.....so for those that have not suffered abuse in life and do not understand, your one lucky person in life.

I think the interest in Thomas definitely picked up recently because no one expected this from him. Now that he has exposed himself the shift has been against him. I keep seeing articles putting out his clear emotional abuse. Charlie Proctor surprising just put out an article.

The interst in the others has died. No one listens to the Dooley or Samantha. Thomas was the shock and I’m sure we have move of that 9 hour interview to come. But after this? I think it’s done. What more can he say?

But no doubt the next Sussex milestone will bring them out again.

Not saying that Meghan owe her dad anything, but I know if this all this mess carry on, stuff will become even more ugly down the road.

Thomas Markle, Sr. could have had it all. A warm, loving relationship with his daughter, being treated respectfully and warmly by Harry's family and be part and parcel of his daughter's new life and celebrate the milestones with Meghan and Harry. Doria will be. If Tom, Sr. had played by the rules and followed directions and honored requests by his daughter and put her best interest first, he would be enjoying his retirement in Mexico with happy memories instead of becoming the outcast he now is. He alone is responsible for the outcome he now has to live with. There's no do overs. There is no erasures of mistakes. No passing GO and collecting $200. The proverbial fat lady has sung her tune and its over.

He still does things his way and with each and every utterance that comes from his mouth, he'll find that he's not only a shadow of a man that one would be proud to call their father, but have to live with the loss for the rest of his life as he watches Meghan and Harry go forward into the future without giving him a single thought.

All the king's horse and all the king's men can't put this relationship back together again. Humpty Dumpty has fallen off his wall and cannot be put back together again.

About digging up the past of any of them. I expect it to happen and I expect an increase of bleating how mistreated they're being by the press slamming and flogging them for their own past bad behaviors and misdeeds. Samantha has already started bleating along these lines. If they can dish it out, they better well be able to take it. What goes around, comes around. ;)

Not saying that Meghan owe her dad anything, but I know if this all this mess carry on, stuff will become even more ugly down the road.

Dman, I think its pretty much a given that its going to get uglier and more intense. Tom, Sr. has announced as much. He's tired of Meghan's "superiority complex" and is about ready to "unload" on the lot of them. The Fail is probably already sitting on that story just waiting for the go ahead to print it.

Stay tuned for more of "As The Stomach Turns" coming soon to your news feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Osipi, I just can't fathom what more he could gave or say about Meghan that we do not already know....this poor young lady has been turned upside down, inside out and around and around again.....NOT one person in that despicable Markle family knows anything.......they have nothing to give to the media so what could the FM do or print or say that would turn the tables for the Markles to get any response from Meghan or any member of the family?

As long as Meghan stays quiet and behind the castle walls and does not answer to any of them there is nothing they can do...........and eventually the well will dry up and the media will wise up and go elsewhere.......I hope that Harry and Meghan are out somewhere enjoying life and do what they want to do as a newly married couple, just being together now is all that should matter to them.

Uglier for whom........Meghan or the Markle's......Meghan as we all know has had her life turned upside down and every which way, what is left, what hidden secrets are out there to spill to the public, what has she done that is so horrific and wrong that it would destroy her......or is this just another attempt at bullying her to speak to family members hell bent on destroying her life? Just say if her life was destroyed, then what, who would be to blame, who should the responsibility shift to....think the Markles would take the blame, hell NO for they think they do no wrong here.....and as for ever being invited to any thing that involves Meghan and Harry in the future like children or holidays........I sincerely hope that that ship has sailed and it *sunk* in the night with all on it.......to be forgotten in history as a nightmare.

EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL ABUSE IS JUST AS DAMAGING AS PHYSICAL ABUSE.......take it from someone who knows all the ins and outs of abuse and should write a damn book on that one subject.....

That right there is to be *Expected* as it comes from the *mirror*, that is their job to write what ever please them, lies, rumors and stories all made up by someone hell bent on causing trouble and NOT to be taken seriously ever....pass the salt please for my shaker is almost empty and time to fill up the pages with gossip of unknown sources........that is the MIRROR

The Mirror prints this made up story, Samantha reacts on twitter, spots how she won't be silenced, Mr Markle has a sit down with another tabloid, spouting what a failure Meghan is for doing this, it'll be published right on her birthday. And with this made up story the Mirror has given a new life to the markles.

Reminds me of the story Daily mail made about Doria giving an interview to Oprah. Oprah's rep denied it, but all the tabloids printed it anyway. The story died down, but then the Mirror picked it up again, and another round of tabloid stories were printed.

Sounds more like more made up nonsense from The Mirror. Simply because the palace aides would have mapped out a plan well before the wedding on how to deal with the markles.

The Sussexes need to continue as they are...no response to this craziness. I feel really badly for Meghan (and Harry because he must be very upset on Meghan's behalf) ...I hope she is able to continue not reading the media (as they did during the engagement) and avoid most of this mess.

LaRae

Will someone please upload me some earplugs? I can hear the Markles cackling with glee all the way up here on my mountain. This is exactly the kind of feedback they're hoping to garner. They're pissing the BRF off royally (pun intended) and have (drum roll please) *accomplished* something.

It doesn't matter that there's no credible facts in the article whatsoever and any one of us could have written it. Its a dead giveaway that the "palace" could ever hope to "rein" any Markle in. The Queen, herself, has better things to do that bother with some Americans with an ailment of diarrhea of the mouth.

But... its the Mirror and its the kind of tabloid of choice that pay attention to these people and so they're going to take it as "gospel truth" and up their game even more.

And the saga continues... stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "As The Stomach Turns" brought to you by Pepto-Bismol.

Umm, this doesn't even read as if the Mirror even attempted to make it sound as if they have inside sources at KP or BP. Of course everyone is frustrated by this situation. (So are we here at TRF.)

But unless and until Meghan's erstwhile family crosses the legal line, there really seems as if there nothing to be done with antagonistic, unreasonable, erratic people but ignore them.

All three are attention seekers and out to make money off their connection to Harry and Meghan.

Yes, he has done a lot for Meghan and I am sure she's grateful but that does NOT give Thomas Markle a blank check to be paid for interviews that she is not ok with nor for him to the reveal private conversations he had with her husband or attack the RF because he is not getting his way. And it does not give him the right to embarrass her like this!

Clothes don't make the man. His words and his actions do and from what we've seen lately, Mr. Markle is a fine example of the kind of human being that we learn from. We see his behavior and see how ugly it looks on him and that makes us strive even more to not be like him in our own lives.

A father's love and support should always be given to the child with unconditional love and to hold it over Meghan's head that she perhaps "owes" him for anything he's done for her and that he's made her into whatever kind of a human being she is now is just pure ego stroking and patting himself on the back that his "investment" has paid off and he wishes to reap the rewards.

His reward should always have been her happiness. Sadly, it isn't. Not by a long shot.

Last edited:
I still think Celebrity Big Brother is going to Sam the old heave-ho and not put her on the show. The press is turning on the Markles and the show risks taking a ratings hit by putting her own. The Dooleys were dumped as "wedding correspondents"; the same could happen here.

From what I've read, it seems like CBB is heading into its final season and then going off into the sunset to a house far, far away. They may figure as its the last season, what have they got to lose and go big with who they bring "home".

All participants are slated to be those that have been caught up in media storms and Samantha thoroughly fits that bill. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Its not on my agenda to wait with bated breath as I don't care for the "reality" brand of shows anywhere but I'm sure our UK viewers will keep us informed on updates. :D

Please note that it is NOT acceptable at TRF to refer any member of the Markle Family (or anyone else for that matter) as "white trailer trash." Its a often used generalization that is quite frankly, offensive.

At this time, I would like to remind every of the following TRF rule:

• Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respec

Any and all additional posts will be deleted WITHOUT NOTICE.

Zonk
BRF Forums Moderator

I think the interest in Thomas definitely picked up recently because no one expected this from him. Now that he has exposed himself the shift has been against him. I keep seeing articles putting out his clear emotional abuse. Charlie Proctor surprising just put out an article.

The interst in the others has died. No one listens to the Dooley or Samantha. Thomas was the shock and I’m sure we have move of that 9 hour interview to come. But after this? I think it’s done. What more can he say?

But no doubt the next Sussex milestone will bring them out again.

I agree we will see Part 2 of that interview the next time Meghan has an engagement.

:previous: For sure! Her birthday is Saturday, so just in time for the Sunday covers.

I think before their strategy was to see Meghan's reaction and to see if she breaks so they would release the stories just before her engagements.

When they see she isn't letting of the strain show and saw that her appearances quickly wiped out their disgusting articles and changed the news cycle to her engagement leaving very little time for the public to remember ber what the article was.

Now the game seems to be to try to capture and remain in the news cycle the longest. If they release it just after her engagements they can capture the new cycle for weeks and have their articles leave a bigger impression because an appearence from her detracts all attention from the article.

I wish Ms. Doria would talk to Meghan's father and explain to him that it is not just because he has said a few critical words about the RF. It's all the recent interviews and him being paid for them and doing it without talking to them first and revealing personal conversations with Harry in the media. Meghan doesn't trust her dad now.

Since he doesn't get it, maybe the other parent should explain it and make it clear to him and tell him bluntly to just shut up.

I don't want Doria anywhere near this man. They have attacked her as well. She doesn't need that in her life and anything she says they will twist and use against her. This mess is common sense. He knows he is wrong, he just does not care. So it is best they all do as they are doing and just ignore him.

I wish Ms. Doria would talk to Meghan's father and explain to him that it is not just because he has said a few critical words about the RF. It's all the recent interviews and him being paid for them and doing it without talking to them first and revealing personal conversations with Harry in the media. Meghan doesn't trust her dad now.

Since he doesn't get it, maybe the other parent should explain it and make it clear to him and tell him bluntly to just shut up.

What about anything we seem to know about this family makes you think that Doria could "tell him bluntly" and that he would change his behavior?

Everything I have read about him and seen from him leads me to believe he may have once been a stand up kinda guy, but he is now weak, attention-seeking and irredeemable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom