The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree with you. Good comment. I find it hard to believe that Ingrid Seward is looking through rose coloured glasses at this mess.
Ingrid Seward is the type that sticks her finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing today and go that way. I've seen her have to pretend like she didn't say the exact opposite in the past many times. She was one of the first to have dismissed Meghan as nothing but a short fling and note how Meghan and her profession is unworthy.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree with you. Good comment. I find it hard to believe that Ingrid Seward is looking through rose coloured glasses at this mess.

I don't Ingrid Seward has always been snobby towards Meghan. I don't think she cares a jot about the relationship between Meghan and the Markles. She cares about the monarchy and the fact that Snr evokes Diana and HM in his interviews in her view makes the monarchy look bad. She wants them to reconcile so that he stops talking to the press. I don't think that will happen.

Snr has shown himself to be a self entitled narcissist. I strikes me as the type to wear a wire to trap Meghan if they saw each other again or tap the phones for a conversation.

Horrible man and he came for Doria. He is deluded. Meghan had sung his praises in her social media and writings. What more does he want? Oh yes $$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the titles in the tabloids but I HAVE STOPPED reading them.... they make me feel too bad for Meghan....

I can't understand anyone still defending this man. He did all the things a parent is supposed to do and when his daughter needed him, he chickened out. A coward.

As I said before...this situation I should very personal and private between a daughter and her father. The media shouldn’t be involved in this private matter, but Mr. Markle isn’t going to the media about his strained relationship with Meghan. It’s the wrong thing to do, but if this personal matter isn’t resolved, this situation will get worse.

I agree with, Ingrid. It was a mistake that Harry and Thomas haven’t met face to face. Also, either Thomas should be making his way over to London or Meghan and Harry should be making their way over to see Thomas. As the movie and song title says: “Something’s Gotta Give.”
INGRID SEWARD on Thomas Markle and his relationship with Duchess of Sussex Meghan | Daily Mail Online

As I said before...this situation I should very personal and private between a daughter and her father. The media shouldn’t be involved in this private matter, but Mr. Markle isn’t going to the media about his strained relationship with Meghan. It’s the wrong thing to do, but if this personal matter isn’t resolved, this situation will get worse.

I agree with, Ingrid. It was a mistake that Harry and Thomas haven’t met face to face. Also, either Thomas should be making his way over to London or Meghan and Harry should be making their way over to see Thomas. As the movie and song title says: “Something’s Gotta Give.”
INGRID SEWARD on Thomas Markle and his relationship with Duchess of Sussex Meghan | Daily Mail Online

You don't appease someone who has no qualms using spilling family matters to the media in order to punish his daughter. What happens the next time something doesn't go his way? You think he wouldn't do the same thing again?

Last edited:
This is emotional abuse. No parent who truly loves his child acts like this. He's actively trying to sabotage her relationship. What's the motive though? Is he really trying to have control over a 37 year old woman? Is it entitlement? (I deserve what she has). Whats his endgame, anyway? Just to create chaos so that he feels powerful? What a vile, disgusting man.

I disagree. Markle Snr has proven to be a liability. There are things that may have happened in the background that prevented them from meeting. I could see Snr changing his mind about meeting Harry. BTW, Harry and Meghan offered to meet with him after the wedding but HE REFUSED.

This is all on Snr. Meghan, Harry and KP gave as much help and advice as they could and he still went and collaborated with Samantha and the paps to sell out his daughter. HE IS SCUM and Meghan is well rid of him.

This is emotional abuse. If Meghan doesn't want to, there's no reason for her to be in contact with Mr Markle, meet him or talk to him. He's publicly abusing his daughter, emotionally. He has no love or respect for her.

I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree in this case. "You give a rat a cookie, they will later ask for some milk." You never negotiate with terrorists, and I find what her father and siblings doing to be emotional terrorism. Meghan did what you suggested after the first instance of him staging photographs, and how did he repay her, by blabbing to Piers Morgan and relaying private conversations. Lord only knows what he would do this time...probably wire tap the conversation and then sell it to the highest bidder.

He also insanely jealous of Doria. She was widely praised at the wedding and the fact that she was in the official wedding pictures and met the rest of the royal family must have burned him.

Completely disagree. Meghan would be foolish to trust anything with that man. He takes joy in hurting her. He all but admitted it. At this point he only cares about his ego. He angry that Meghan has a new man she leans on and a mother who has been 100% welcomed while he sits at home selling himself to the media.

We the members on this board forgave Markle snr at the beginning, believing him to be naive about the media and how they use people. He made many more mistakes leading up to the wedding any many of us on this forum were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
But he has since then consistently shown his true colours and admitted what he is all about, hence most of us distrust him completely now.
Perhaps if this thread were read through from the beginning you will see this.

My apologies for any bad spellings from my tablet and it's wretched auto correction. If I lived near an ocean it would be sitting at the bottom of it.

“Meghan was sent to exclusive private schools from kindergarten onwards and her father paid for her $30,000 (£23,000)-a-year tuition at Northwestern University, Illinois, with $750,000 winnings from a lottery.

He funded a teenage Meghan's expensive holidays abroad, including a visit to Britain, where she was photographed outside Buckingham Palace.

A proud man, he says he has never asked his daughter for a penny, despite suffering financial setbacks over the years and losing the vast majority of his lottery winnings in a bad business deal. He now supports himself on his pension and social security payments.“

Part of his upset seems to be that once Meghan started making her own money she never offered to help out her dad

I'm just going to leave this here and go back to sitting on my hands in the corner:

I think it goes deeper than that (in bold above), I think he's upset that he was forced by the State of California to subsidize Doria's ambitions for their daughter and Meghan's hi-end lifestyle up to the age of 18, after which they hardly saw anything of Meghan. I think that is the seed of this entire Dysfunctional family (with a capital D), Markle Sr had to support Meghan and Doria, who've lived in a little fantasy cocoon funded by daddy, who is now an embarrassment and a forgotten footnote in her life. JMO

I'm just going to leave this here and go back to sitting on my hands in the corner:

I think it goes deeper than that (in bold above), I think he's upset that he was forced by the State of California to subsidize Doria's ambitions for their daughter and Meghan's hi-end lifestyle up to the age of 18, after which they hardly saw anything of Meghan. I think that is the seed of this entire Dysfunctional family (with a capital D), Markle Sr had to support Meghan and Doria, who've lived in a little fantasy cocoon funded by daddy, who is now an embarrassment and a forgotten footnote in her life. JMO

Doria lived in a small apartment for years after she left Thomas. Not sure how he was giving them some grand lifestyle. He was not. He paid for her education. And as her FATHER he should have. He doesn't get a cookie for that.

Thomas is a bitter old man who has said publicly more than once that he should be treated like he is royalty. He hates that Doria was welcomed with open arms and was praised on the wedding day. That is on him. He could have been there but instead he took money from the press and embarrassed himself.

I don'y feel sorry for him whatsoever. He sounds just like Samantha and that says everything about the situation. He is an interview away from really saying something vile... he basically called her uppity. He very, very close.

We the members on this board forgave Markle snr at the beginning, believing him to be naive about the media and how they use people. He made many more mistakes leading up to the wedding any many of us on this forum were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
But he has since then consistently shown his true colours and admitted what he is all about, hence most of us distrust him completely now.

My apologies for any bad spellings from my tablet and it's wretched auto correction. If I lived near an ocean it would be sitting at the bottom of it.

I very much agree with your comment in every word, I for one was the same at the very beginning and then he broke something I believe in with my whole heart, there is a word that is the most important word in my life, **TRUST**once that is broken there is NO turning back ever. Meghan I honestly believe has seen that and with this latest tirade and including both Harry's and Meghan's mother is one of the most despicable acts that Markle Sr has said so far....he is blatantly using both mothers to get a reaction from Meghan or Harry or KP now for what else is there left for him to say or to attack Meghan with .....he is out and this is the way he is fighting back now to get that reaction........so please Harry and Meghan continue as you are and be very quiet and keep that drawbridge up!

This is speculation to the highest degree. And if the State of California required for him to pay Doria, it's called CHILD SUPPORT! He would only have to pay a portion of what he's earning. To also state that it was Meghan's mother's ambitions show people's bias. If Doria was ambitious as you state, then she would be cashing in just like the Markles, but no one could put that label on her, even though many here and elsewhere tried with the whole Oprah "interview" shenanigans.

Doria lived in a small apartment for years after she left Thomas. Not sure how he was giving them some grand lifestyle. He was not. He paid for her education. And as her FATHER he should have. He doesn't get a cookie for that.

Thomas is a bitter old man who has said publicly more than once that he should be treated like he is royalty. He hates that Doria was welcomed with open arms and was praised on the wedding day. That is on him. He could have been there but instead he took money from the press and embarrassed himself.

I don'y feel sorry for him whatsoever. He sounds just like Samantha and that says everything about the situation. He is an interview away from really saying something vile... he basically called her uppity. He very, very close.

Precisely. Everything you just said and more. Also, completely agree with you that with every interview, he is spiralling, and he's really close to stepping into territory that he would not be able to come back from.

High end lifestyle? she drove a beat up car to auditions in order to make money to go to school? how is that high end?

Subsidize? Seriously? Any child support he paid was legally deemed as his responsibility. And while Meghan went to good schools, she's hardly had a high end lifestyle until she became a self-made millionaire. Doria also worked during this time while they shared custody just like most families. Tom is a forgotten footnote because of his choices. Had he remained dignified, he would've been on the inner circle like he was prior to his tantrums in the media. This would've still happened even after he wrecked havoc on the week of his daughter's wedding. But he can't seem to stop digging. Meghan has ALWAYS given him credit for the things he's taught her. Obviously we all know no one is perfect, but Meghan wasn't the one airing dirty laundry in public.

BTW, I find it his comments about royal family being stuck in the past ironic given that he's the one with his foot stuck in his mouth constantly.

Last edited:

High end lifestyle? Wow! Markle Snr is hardly a forgotten footnote in Meghan's upbringing. She has constantly praised him publicly. How is it just Doria's ambitions? You think he did not want the same things for Meghan? If he didn't, he would not have funded it. BTW, Doria did work and held down jobs so don't you dare erase her role in raising Meghan.

He himself said he did not ask for help from Meghan and knowing him, he would have refused the help just like he refused the help KP was giving him leading up to the wedding and instead worked with Samantha (she admitted as much in her tweets) those staged pictures.

I got a news feed from the Mirror where Sam states she talks to her dad every day......that says it all right there who is driving this family into hell and back.....Sam is the culprit behind this entire debacle all because of her hate and jealousy over Meghan.....I honestly believe Sam is trying to destroy Meghan's life in every sense of the word.......and Father and Jr are following her game plan......what next, since they have no info to talk about, they are totally in the dark as to what is going on in Meghan's life with her husband and the firm.....they have NOTHING to give......does anyone think they are going to hop a plane and crash KP or BP ...........I don't think it will go that far.........I hope!

but Mr. Markle isn’t going to the media about his strained relationship with Meghan.

I totally agree with Tarlita. I defended Meghan's dad before the wedding. I really thought Tom Sr was just overwhelmed by the whole situation and made some mistakes in judgment. But he has gone way beyond mistakes in judgment and what he has been doing recently has no defense.

Dman, what do you mean Tom Sr isn't going to the media--he most certainly is!

I got a news feed from the Mirror where Sam states she talks to her dad every day......that says it all right there who is driving this family into hell and back.....Sam is the culprit behind this entire debacle all because of her hate and jealousy over Meghan.....I honestly believe Sam is trying to destroy Meghan's life in every sense of the word.......and Father and Jr are following her game plan......what next, since they have no info to talk about, they are totally in the dark as to what is going on in Meghan's life with her husband and the firm.....they have NOTHING to give......does anyone think they are going to hop a plane and crash KP or BP ...........I don't think it will go that far.........I hope!

Let's not let Tom off the hook. While Samantha has her obvious issues, Tom is at fault for listening to whoever strokes his bruised ego. And really, that's what's at play here. While Samantha is guilty for the hate she spews, Tom is entirely culpable for his own actions. He does have a choice not to listen to his older daughter. Even his comments about Doria reeked of jealousy that he doesn't get the same treatment. What he fails to see is that had he kept his dignity, he would've been treated the same way.

BTW, this article also confirmed what I've always said about both parents being treated equally and given proper protection when necessary. Tom did say they wanted to provide additional security, but he wasn't home. As for that matter being dropped later, well he barely waited for his daughter to come back from her honeymoon before he went behind her back with Piers Morgan.

Last edited:
Samantha is vile but Thomas is just like her. In fact he is worse. The older children are bitter for a reason. They hate Meghan for a reason. It is because he ignored them as children, only to come back in their lives their teenage years with a new baby sister he dotting on. Then when Meghan hit her teen years it all went to hell between them. Their relationship obviously been a series of ups and downs but now it is destroyed. His anger toward Doria mirrors Samantha.

All of what has unfolded certainly explains her invitation to Sandringham for Christmas prior to marriage and Harry’s comment about the family she never had. Fortunately it seems her in-laws accept and support her.
I didn’t read the articles - how much did Markle, Sr. get paid for his 9 hours with the Daily Fail?

All of what has unfolded certainly explains her invitation to Sandringham for Christmas prior to marriage and Harry’s comment about the family she never had. Fortunately it seems her in-laws accept and support her.
I didn’t read the articles - how much did Markle, Sr. get paid for his 9 hours with the Daily Fail?
They did make clear they didn't pay for this interview. I do believe him when he says he's trying to correct "his image". I just find his view on things to be lacking of the overall picture.

I still thought Sandringham was a surprise as I expected her to be on a flight back to LA to be with Doria, but perhaps there were other reasons that we weren't privy to.

Samantha is vile but Thomas is just like her. In fact he is worse. The older children are bitter for a reason. They hate Meghan for a reason. It is because he ignored them as children, only to come back in their lives their teenage years with a new baby sister he dotting on. Then when Meghan hit her teen years it all went to hell between them. Their relationship obviously been a series of ups and downs but now it is destroyed. His anger toward Doria mirrors Samantha.

..smouldering with rage

Yikes! :sad: Too nasty for words, but the following post from Madame Verseau popped out at me.

Has anyone noticed when Daily Mail did the story that Tom Sr faked the heart attack and Sharon Osbourne said he had a drinking problem there is no threat of a defamation suit? I think they realize if they go to court their pasts will be scrutinized a lot more so they are staying silent.:whistling:

Sharon Osbourne? How would she know? :huh: Though maybe she sees the signs of a drinking problem from life experience, and can spot it from a mile away. If she is right, suddenly it all makes sense, not so? The son has a drinking problem. Maybe even Samantha does as well, though her issues seem far more layered.

And yet earlier after the wedding he claimed, that he has never asked Meghan for anything, because he's well off, but if he did, she'd help him right away.

He keeps on changing his story all the time, just like Samantha.

This is parental abuse. He's using the media to bully and abuse Meghan.

He doesn't know what he's doing or saying (I think). :sad: I think he may have fallen off the wagon at some point in the lead up to the wedding, especially as the prospect of walking Meghan down the aisle loomed. Something snapped around then. Maybe he started drinking. Who knows?

What is clear is that human decency begs that the media back off. :sad: They need to stop enabling seriously unbalanced people. Everyone recognizes it for what it is. Its pretty bad.

The saddest thing will be if this onslaught does eventually break Meghan and Harry. That a point is reached where enough is enough. That will not be because of the Markles themselves, but because the media refuses to stop enabling the Markles. Its the media who are creating this drama, not the Markles per se. That's the great pretense the media is hiding behind. The media can pretend they are reporting 'the news', but that's not what they are doing. They are stirring a pot. The media attention is clearly creating chaos in the psyches of these people. Back off! But they won't, and in the end, a sweet story may end badly. I will blame the media in full for what eventuates. Nasty, nasty, nasty!

Last edited:
Apparently he did this for free. However because he said some sinister things regarding Diana and Doria, he is itching for a reaction which would be a phone call from Meghan which he would record and sell to the highest bidder. That is my theory.

I just went back to read Ingrid Sewards story. And all i can say is that like her Magazine -- Majesty -- she is at least a month out of date.
Ingrid really needs to catch up on what daddy dear has been saying to TMZ the Daily mail and Good Morning Britain.
Then she will see that he has admitted being offered help from Meghan and Harry and he refused. As well as admitting to many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom