The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't enough cheese in the state of Wisconsin to go with this man's whines. Each word he utters to the tabloids drives a bigger and firmer wedge between *any* kind of communication with his daughter and each tabloid whine gets angrier and angrier with barely concealed threats behind them.

To dredge Diana's name into this is a cruel, low blow that is totally hitting below the belt and the *only* comparison I can actually put a finger on is that right now, Meghan is getting blasted by the Fail and Thomas Markle, Sr. telling her how she should respond, give in and do the "right" thing by her father and it reeks to me of the tabloids that did the same with HM, The Queen demanding that she show her face in London when Diana died so tragically.

Bullying tactics are never acceptable behavior in my book and never will be.

‘Meghan got her attitude from her mother,’ he said.

‘Doria always told Meghan: “If they’re not doing anything for you, why should you do anything for them?”’

Interesting words from mom.

Wise words especially when it comes to them Markles. He wants to take credit for Meghan yet at the same time claims Doria is why she is the way she is. Thank god for Doria. Also did anyone else catch his threat against Meghan and the entire royal family? He has no idea what he is up against.

:previous: Actually, Tom is wrong. Diana knew exactly how to cut someone when she was betrayed.

This is emotional blackmail at the lowest level, IMO.

It’s an interesting timeline. Meghan lived with Doria between the ages of 6-11 and with her dad from 11 until Meghan went of to college.

I thought it was all Doria.

Public pity party #...I can’t guess

He is a waste!

There is honestly so many twisted things from what he said that I can't even begin to address them all.

This is so unbelievably cruel and hateful of Markle Sr.......who the hell does he think he is....he made Meghan a duchess........he is taking claim for all that she has done for herself in life.....I was stunned to read this and can't fathom his way of thinking now......he is such a poor excuse for a man, a husband and a father......I sure hope Meghan *never* talks to him again nor has anything to do with any of the Markle trio. And Harry, he loves his mother and to bring Diana into this is manipulative and a bullying tactic....this is shocking right now....... :bang:

It’s an interesting timeline. Meghan lived with Doria between the ages of 6-11 and with her dad from 11 until Meghan went of to college.

I thought it was all Doria.

Except we know that is a lie because we have video of Meghan in HS living with Doria. She even said she was not close to her dad on tape at the time. Seems Thomas (like Samantha) is rewriting history.

Meghan's maternal side even talked about how Meghan and Doria took in Doria's mother Jeannette and cared for her until she died when Meghan was in highschool.

Thomas is full of it and is mentally unstable.

Last edited:
The Thomas Markle interview is just another bullying intimidation tactic by this man who really hasn't said anything we haven't heard before. And the Daily Mail are bullies for allowing this kind of blatant content to be repeated. For the reader it is just more blah blah from That crazy Markle family. Why bother to read it.
Here in Oz hardly a day goes by where the media aren't discussing anti bullying tactics. For schools or workplace etc. And yet here we have a clear case of The Daily Mail perpetuating a bullying tactic through their media organisation. Kind of makes the DM complicit of being bullies themselves. Bullying comes in all shapes and forms. Words can and do hurt.
This of course is just my opinion.
I really feel for Meghan because she loves her Dad and he is hell bent on making life difficult for her. We can all imagine Prince Harry's reaction as we know how he feels about the media.
Keep a stiff upper lip Meghan, (old fashioned British saying)the people are on your side.

And btw, save me this whole pity party about never meeting any future grandkids. He could've had it all had he kept his **** together. You screw up, you live with the consequences.

“Meghan was sent to exclusive private schools from kindergarten onwards and her father paid for her $30,000 (£23,000)-a-year tuition at Northwestern University, Illinois, with $750,000 winnings from a lottery.

He funded a teenage Meghan's expensive holidays abroad, including a visit to Britain, where she was photographed outside Buckingham Palace.

A proud man, he says he has never asked his daughter for a penny, despite suffering financial setbacks over the years and losing the vast majority of his lottery winnings in a bad business deal. He now supports himself on his pension and social security payments.“

Part of his upset seems to be that once Meghan started making her own money she never offered to help out her dad

As Duc_et_Pair wrote earlier. I cannot think of ANY 'married in' Royal ANYWHERE who has been 'bad-mouthed'
by their own flesh and blood in this astonishingly demeaning, unnecessary and unpleasant manner.
With every word he utters , or interview he gives he makes it ever more CERTAIN that his relationship with his daughter is OVER...

Last edited:
As Duc_et_Pair wrote earlier. I cannot think of ANY family of a 'married in' Royal ANYWHERE who has been 'bad-mouthed' in this astonishingly demeaning, unnecessary and unpleasant manner.
With every word he utters , or interview he gives he makes it ever more CERTAIN that his relationship with his daughter is OVER...

...and unfortunately there will be more...

“Meghan was sent to exclusive private schools from kindergarten onwards and her father paid for her $30,000 (£23,000)-a-year tuition at Northwestern University, Illinois, with $750,000 winnings from a lottery.

He funded a teenage Meghan's expensive holidays abroad, including a visit to Britain, where she was photographed outside Buckingham Palace.

A proud man, he says he has never asked his daughter for a penny, despite suffering financial setbacks over the years and losing the vast majority of his lottery winnings in a bad business deal. He now supports himself on his pension and social security payments.“

Part of his upset seems to be that once Meghan started making her own money she never offered to help out her dad

And yet earlier after the wedding he claimed, that he has never asked Meghan for anything, because he's well off, but if he did, shed help him right away.

He keeps on changing his story all the time, just like Samantha.

This is parental abuse. He's using the media to bully and abuse Meghan.

It said he never asked and he now supports him with pension and social security. Not never offered.

This continues to be the ranting of a man with a false sense of self-importance feeling he's somehow been unfairly treated when it's always been caused by his own actions.

Don't worry Meghan when the going gets tough there's always Chocolate.

:previous:
I so love that, ,and let's add Harry and a nice glass of bubbly into that mix....:lol:

His claim that "all Meghan had to do" was to contact her abusive, vicious, nasty half-sister (after, presumably, her first vicious and nasty interview) and Samantha would have praised her to the end of time tells me everything I need to know.

Samantha has been a toxic heap of malice since the first week the story broke, and to side with her and claim that Meghan needs to make the first step at healing the breach is not only nonsensical but cruel. Abuse is never the abused person's fault, nor is it on them to appease the abuser.

I've been thinking a lot about this situation and, for me, a lot of the discussion is rooted in two very different conceptions of family that came out of the sociological work done by James Ault in the 80's. His work made a distinction between the conception of family as Given vs. Chosen. That is, families are either given, and carry with them mutual obligations (Inherited Obligation Family), or chosen, in which responsibilities come from the commitments you've chosen to make (Negotiated Commitment Family).

You can see this born out in the commentary; some people honestly and truly believe that Meghan has an obligation to try to make things right with her family. Others honestly and truly believe that she's entirely justified to cut the abusive members of her family off. And, frankly, those two sides are speaking a different language.

What's most interesting to me is that the Markles clearly do not live their lives as an inherited obligation family (nor have they in the past), but they're perfectly willing to use the honest belief that a lot of people have in that construction of family as a stick to beat Meghan with.

“'Oh, she's a mummy's girl now and Doria gets a lot of the credit,' he says, a trace of bitterness in his voice.

'But Meghan seems to have forgotten that she lived with me up until Doria and I divorced, when she was six, and even then I was still a big part of her life.

'Whenever she finished school, I was the one who picked her up because I didn't have to be at the studios until late and would then work until midnight.

'When Meghan was 11, she moved back in with me up until she was 17 and went to college.

'I was having my good years then, making good money, and could afford to give her the best, with a good school, good education, good home.

'She became the woman that she is today thanks to everything I did for her.

'And did I get any recognition for it? Any thanks? She doesn't even speak to me now. How cold is that?'“

He isn’t happy. Seems to think Meghan is too big for her britches.

Your on as I have bubbly here and some vodka for my V8 juice....you got chocolate ? And I have strawberries.......with that bubbly.....LOL

“'Oh, she's a mummy's girl now and Doria gets a lot of the credit,' he says, a trace of bitterness in his voice.

'But Meghan seems to have forgotten that she lived with me up until Doria and I divorced, when she was six, and even then I was still a big part of her life.

'Whenever she finished school, I was the one who picked her up because I didn't have to be at the studios until late and would then work until midnight.

'When Meghan was 11, she moved back in with me up until she was 17 and went to college.

'I was having my good years then, making good money, and could afford to give her the best, with a good school, good education, good home.

'And did I get any recognition for it? Any thanks? She doesn't even speak to me now. How cold is that?'“

Awe... GMAFB and cry me a river as long as the Nile. He WAS her parent. It was his job to provide and look after her. Should he get a prize "for picking her up after school?" That was his responsibility. And I don't believe for one minute that Meghan lived solely with him during those times. This sounds like a typical "divorce" parents situation where the teenager was shuffled between both homes.

He has an inflated sense of entitlement. And also sounds like a shitty father to even bring up the fact that his daughter owes him something because he put her through school. DUH...that's what you're supposed to do. His daughter is GHOSTING him because he can't keep his mouth shut. Period. Point Blank. End of Story.

Meghan has multiple times publicly praised her father. She stopped talking to him, because he started to spill her private information to TMZ and GMB. He has not owned this at all. She stopped talking to him, because he betrayed her.

Now you see what those Markles have done! They've driven us to drink.! :lol:?:whistling:

Meghan has multiple times publicly praised her father. She stopped talking to him, because he started to spill her private information to TMZ and GMB. He has not owned this at all. She stopped talking to him, because he betrayed her.

THIS. Bottom line is this man clearly has not taken responsibility for his action and is throwing a temper tantrum because he doesn't want to deal with consequences.

Last edited:
THIS. Bottom line is this man clearly has not taken responsibility for his action and feel like he shouldn't have to deal with consequences.

He's also playing a very dangerous game by invoking both Diana and Doria in his tirade. I think he's itching for a reaction from Harry and Meghan, and using their mothers is showing his desperation and how low he will go.

He's also playing a very dangerous game by invoking both Diana and Doria in his tirade. I think he's itching for a reaction from Harry and Meghan, and using their mothers is showing his desperation and how low he will go.

Quite frankly, all they need to do is keep doing the same thing. Clearly not talking to him is driving him mad. While I don't believe the Duchess is doing this to punish him as much as trying to protect herself and her husband, this does have a good secondary effect. Effective punishment with little effort if you ask me.

Last edited:
Quite frankly, all they need to do is keep doing the same thing. Clearly not talking to him is driving him mad. While I don't believe the Duchess is doing this to punish him as much as trying to protect herself and her husband, this does have a good secondary effect. Effective punishment with little effort if you ask me.

:previous: I agree with you. Good comment. I find it hard to believe that Ingrid Seward is looking through rose coloured glasses at this mess.

:previous:Jacqui

One thing here, *nobody* in the Markle Clan has any new info on Meghan, they are cut off to the core.....they will never be allowed inside that circle of trust, so how long is the media going to let the Markle's keep up this tirade against Meghan who is now the newest member of the BRF? They know *nothing* and that must be eating their soul that they can not see or hear from her and they like us just see what is in the news papers....they have nothing to give anyone now nor any info...doesn't the media realize that by now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom