The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terri all your points are valid and I take responsibility for starting this conversation all over again. I was just so angry about reading what the Markle's were doing that I had to vent. I sometimes fear Meghan and/or Harry will think this drama is not worth it and throw in the towel (I'm pessimistic, forgive me).

Terri all your points are valid and I take responsibility for starting this conversation all over again. I was just so angry about reading what the Markle's were doing that I had to vent. I sometimes fear Meghan and/or Harry will think this drama is not worth it and throw in the towel (I'm pessimistic, forgive me).

I think we can all understand the anger regarding this situation here.

London Loonies

You can't make this Markle stuff up. Somewhere, there's a producer that just may get the idea from these people for a new, revised situation comedy that has it roots in the old "Beveryly Hillbillies" sitcom. Revise it as "London Loonies" or something similar. Even A&E's "The Royals" is tamer than this family.

God forbid anyone make light of the actions of these 3 Markles. [...] maybe 2 of them at least by proxy, and their inspiration is plainly evil.
I feel so sorry for Meghan since she has probably put up with something similar to this since she was born. This kind of abuse doesn’t suddenly start in a vacuum. I remember a picture of Meghan and Samantha probably at the latter graduation from something. Meghan was leaning in towards Sam who was pulling away. It’s all really sick.

At first, I was curious and read several articles about their behavior until I got the idea loud and clear. I’m no longer interested in hearing about anything they say or seeing their pictures. It will only be more of the same.

My only curiosity now is why the media continues to give them an inch of space? I find it hard to believe they are still click bait, since most people aren’t that easily fooled. I suspect the media may have an agenda, one that needs to be somewhat disguised.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing at least is that here, in this thread, we can discuss the antics of the Markle family in a calm, rational manner. We're here actually because we care about Harry and Meghan, their lives and their accomplishments and goals. Its what we do.

We can see day to day how this estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family seem to have totally lost the respect of not only Harry and Meghan and the royal family, but also how the world is looking at these people which is actually pretty sad but we realize that they are bringing it on themselves.

It gives a humanizing aura that we actively see and can honestly see the need that The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex sees in addressing mental health issues which most definitely would include familial bullying and manipulation and laying on of guilt trips. Meghan, primarily, is experiencing this first hand.

Some of us have been down this road that Meghan is on and some of us find these actions totally new and incomprehensible. All of us though will come out of this experience that we're sharing with Meghan in a way with a better understanding of how negativity, jealousy and envy and being a slave to one's own ego can have detrimental effects on those around us.

Meghan's half brother Thomas fiancee, Darlene Blount, has according to Daily Mail been arrested and charged with assault after a domestic disturbance at their home.

The incident, which took place Friday, has been confirmed by the police in Josephine County.

It is the second time the police has arrested Darlene Blount.
The last time was on New Years Eve, also on assault charges after a domestic disturbance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rkles-future-sister-law-arrested-assault.html

- The Markle family is almost becoming a parody of themselves! A family from hell!

Last edited:
:previous:

At least we know understand why Markle sr. was afraid Harry might hurt Meghan - his other children chose partners who did this...:D

Even the best soap opera writers in Hollywood couldn't make this stuff up. :D

This isn't something new for Tom, Jr. and his fiancee, Darlene. It seems to be a reoccurring theme in their relationship and neither one of them has the strength of character to make changes. It also leads me to think that Tom, Jr.'s outlandish rantings and ravings about his half sister has more behind them than just a quest for attention or ego stroking. The pattern of being horrid and nasty and then immediately following it is the apologies with crocodile tears leads me to believe there are other issues at work here.

And the saga continues.......

Best decision made was not to invite the halfings. Imagine if they where invited that would give them some legitimacy. With the estrangement well establish it seems the UK media are reaching inorder to tie M to these people.

From all the coverage I've seen, even the UK media isn't trying to connect Meghan to these e(strange)d (got tired of typing out the full description) people but rather are pinpointing exactly why Meghan has distanced herself from these e(strange)d relatives.

Tom, Sr. perhaps is on the cusp of there being an open question of whether Meghan and her father can reconcile their differences because Meghan did seem to have some sort of a relationship with her father. The two half siblings and nephews and nieces that have embarrassed themselves openly in the media are portrayed giving valid reasons to just why Meghan has built a wall between herself and her life and these people. Meghan knows them a whole lot better than we do.

I see the rationalizing for posting the article as valid, ongoing credible reasons to validate Meghan's estrangement from these people. Many people still seem to think that Meghan "done wrong" by not inviting them to her wedding. In fact, in the Cosmopolitan article about Tom, Jr's recent antics, there is a poll and a small minority voted that Meghan should get in touch with and support her half brother. :D

Last edited:
Daily Fail is trying to taint Meghan's name. Disgusting.

Daily Fail is trying to taint Meghan's name. Disgusting.

Where? I read the entire article and the only mention of Meghan actually was referring to Darlene Blount as her future half sister-in-law. The rest of the article focuses solely on Tom, Jr. and his fiancee, Darlene and what happened.

Last edited:
Tom Jnr and his fiancee's violent quarrels seem to be at least partly fuelled by heavy drinking. In one of his early 'apologies' (relating to when he himself was going to be charged with assault) Tom told a tabloid that he was going to seek treatment/rehab for alcoholism. I think they both should. It might also shut down Tom's rantings a bit as well.

It is upsetting how the media always tries to blame the women for misdeeds of a man. Why should anyone care for that half sib does with his life. They have no current contact with her life. From now on Meghan is absolved from any relatives bad behavior.

The two half siblings and nephews and nieces that have embarrassed themselves openly in the media are portrayed giving valid reasons to just why Meghan has built a wall between herself and her life and these people.

What nieces?--the only nieces I know of are Samantha's daughters--one of whom (Ashleigh) we have not heard a peep from and the other one (Noel) has said very little, and neither have a relationship with their other Markle family members AFAIK.

You're right. I was speaking in general terms of familial relationships. None of Meghan's nieces have in any way, shape or form, stepped out of line and have acted as mature relatives.

Thanks for the correction. ?

It is upsetting how the media always tries to blame the women for misdeeds of a man. Why should anyone care for that half sib does with his life. They have no current contact with her life. From now on Meghan is absolved from any relatives bad behavior.

In this recent episode that comes to light, I think the focus is more on the fact that a woman can be accused and jailed for domestic abuse just as much as a man can. Meghan has not been put to task that I have seen by anybody (disregarding the Daily Fail comment section) when it comes to the antics or bleatings or general misbehavior of her e(strange)d relatives.

Just as the sins of the father shouldn't be visited upon the sons, neither should the misbehavior of e(strange)d relatives be visited upon the Duchess. :D

No, Meghan should not, and most rational people will not blame her for what her family is doing.
But her name is now mentioned each time they act up, which is often! Both deliberate and otherwise. - So it does "taint" her, so to speak.

Had an arrest after a domestic dispute happened once, in an otherwise quiet family. It would of course hit the news, but most people would IMO just leave it there. It can happen in any family and Darlene Blount is after all only a fiancee. - But twice. That's a behavioral pattern.
Especially combined with other members of the family doing their very best to make a spectacle of themselves!

So of course that raises the question: If at least half of Meghan's family are "trailer trash", how much have rubbed off on her?
I know, there are loads of arguments against that. But the question will be there in the back of the mind of an increasing number of people, as long as this continues. Combined with a kind of snobbery, for a lack of better word. People expect royals, and those who marry into royal families to have a polished behavior. And someone who comes from a family of boors... (Insert derogatory snort.)
So, regardless of this not having anything to do with Meghan directly, it does indirectly when it continues to pile up.

Last edited:
This is only my personal opinion and gives a different way of looking at things where its very possible that its is because of Meghan's half siblings that she took at totally different route in life rather than having their influence rub off on her.

Meghan is quite a bit younger than her half siblings and most likely, growing up, she witnessed the onset of behaviors that were to follow Tom, Jr. and Samantha throughout their lives. Not actually living full time each and every day with these people, she also had the stability of a home life with her mother who consistently set a responsible example for her daughter.

So, my opinion is that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the behavior traits of the Markle older children rubbed off on Meghan but rather set a shining example of how she would never want to be in her life. They taught her how not to be. :D

Actions speak louder than words and just by watching Meghan as she grows into her public roles within the royal family is going to show the world that Meghan, herself, is no where near the type of person that her e(strange)d half siblings and even her father are. Like the rest of the world right now, she is finding them all unacceptable due to their behavior and that is how it should be.

There will always be detractors that will snicker and point fingers just because they can. These are the people that comment in the Daily Fail and thrive on their own special brand of negative character traits.

:previous: Indeed.

But it does put additional pressure on Meghan to be super-exemplary in her new position. And that's difficult enough as it is!
It's bad enough when someone in that position makes mistakes, they are after all only human. But when Meghan makes a mistake at some point, a considerable percentage of the public will go: family = trailer trash = Meghan.
Very much helped on by Meghan's dad and not least her sister! I can just see it: Samantha will positively glow with glee and if she could, dance while singing: "I told you so, I told you so..."

There are times, more and more often actually, when I find the sci-fi idea of an off-switch installed in the neck of people a pretty good idea.

:previous:

I had wondered so much why the RF embraced Meghan so much directly after the engagement but now I think Meghan and Harry knre exactly how the Markles would react to the engagement, that the media would give them a platform and Harry's family closed their ranks around Meghan already as a fiancee. From the moment the engagement went public, Meghan was already protected within the fold, including her living in a Royal property with police guards and other security measures. It helped of course that the RF liked Meghan but the outstanding way the BRF made sure that Meghan is now a part of their family was so unusual, it made me wondering. Of course, now it is clear. They wanted to protect Meghan from her own family and made it possible for her to breathe freely. Does someone remember how hunted down Catherine was when she tried to live in London?

As for making missteps? Meghan surely has learned by now all about protocoll and knows how to rely on the staff of the RF. I don't think there will be any major scandals coming from her side.

My heart goes out to Meghan and to a degree Harry . If we are so disgusted by the atrocious behaviour of the markles than just imagine what Meghan is going through right now !!!

She is a newly wed and instead of basking in the joy with her husband she has to day in and day out, wake up to see/hear horrible things said about her ! And the worst part is that she has to keep quiet and can’t do anything about it coz how else to tackle those loose cannons !!

The media is just a vulture !! They know that the Markles are bluffing yet they give them air and print time to cash in . Anything to show Meghan as the evil one !
They are treating Meghan the same way they did Diana !

Meghan’s sister says “money makes the world go around”. She was on GMB this morning.

Samantha Markle admits 'cashing in' on Meghan's marriage to Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

Pure evil !!!!

If it is not against the rules of this site, one thing we can do to continue discussing the Markles but also not giving the media the attention and clicks is if we can post screenshots of articles or if we can just copy and past the entire or relevant parts. So everyone can read the latest development in one place in this forum instead of everyone on this thread giving the site/story a click.

The General Public are not fools nor are they foolish. They want this marriage to work just as much as we do. And everybody by now realises how difficult it must be to learn a whole new culture and royal way of life. I bet my last chocolate bar that the public will be very understanding if Meghan makes mistakes. It is only the media that will try to blow things out of proportion. I am surprised that Piers is not more conciliatory toward Meghan after all he met her and they had a great chat for ninety minutes. He said he was a fan of the character Rachel and the show Suits. I just hope he sticks up for her more into the future instead of towing the tabloid line of heaping as much discourse as possible onto a royal.

By the way I take that back. You can't have my last chocolate bar. :nonono::nonono:

I do like your idea Fros. However, it would probably be against Copyright laws to do so.

No. Just pure greed. For all the good or not so good in an ordinary family, the Markles have shown they are totally amoral, without a single redeeming feature in her father or half sister and brother.

Meghan was gifted a strong moral compass, decency and integrity by her mother, Doria and I am sure social anthropologists are having a field day trying to analyse this family.

It is like Meghan is the very antithesis of her father and siblings. This we know in her work ethic and humanitarian leanings.

I am sure Meghan finds it hard not to respond to them, but it can't be very easy for Harry to stand by and not try to protect the woman he loves from pain.

I think they are right (Harry and Meghan) not to react publicly…. must b e hard to do but so very right…..

I agree with everything you say Marg.
It looks to me like Samantha is now enjoying herself. She has a pet project and she is kidding herself that it pays well.
One day soon I hope, the pay for spite will dry up and then perhaps we will have fewer headlines from Samantha. It will just be Twitter rants then I guess.

If it is not against the rules of this site, one thing we can do to continue discussing the Markles but also not giving the media the attention and clicks is if we can post screenshots of articles or if we can just copy and past the entire or relevant parts. So everyone can read the latest development in one place in this forum instead of everyone on this thread giving the site/story a click.

Unfortunately, that's not an option that would be practical. Links are for verification and in order to lend credit to what posters say.
However, we can write a summary to the links and then it will be up to people whether they wish to see for themselves by clicking on the link.

I had wondered so much why the RF embraced Meghan so much directly after the engagement but now I think Meghan and Harry knre exactly how the Markles would react to the engagement, that the media would give them a platform and Harry's family closed their ranks around Meghan already as a fiancee. From the moment the engagement went public, Meghan was already protected within the fold, including her living in a Royal property with police guards and other security measures. It helped of course that the RF liked Meghan but the outstanding way the BRF made sure that Meghan is now a part of their family was so unusual, it made me wondering. Of course, now it is clear. They wanted to protect Meghan from her own family and made it possible for her to breathe freely. Does someone remember how hunted down Catherine was when she tried to live in London?

As for making missteps? Meghan surely has learned by now all about protocoll and knows how to rely on the staff of the RF. I don't think there will be any major scandals coming from her side.

I sincerely hope the BRF and their staff are learning from this and as such becoming better at dealing with all this.
So far they are going by the best approach possible at the moment IMO: No comments.

I believe H&M (in love and all that), the BRF and their staff have been taken aback at the boorish behavior of Meghan's relatives. The odd relative taking advantage of such a marriage and getting their fifteen minutes is one thing. But when it involves several members of the family and now also includes domestic disturbances, involving the police, then it becomes a family-trait!

However, we should always find something positive in everything.
The more her (estranged) family makes a spectacle of themselves, the more will understand and indeed hope and call for Meghan to cut of that branch of her family entirely and for good.
- That, according to comments I've read have been a favorite point her detractors have put up. I.e. that one really can't abandon your family! And blood is thicker than water. And do the decent things. And blah, blah...
Of course you can cut off your family, if they are silly.
Being family is no excuse for dragging your fellow family members down. - Which is IMO what her father, sister and brother is doing.

They are doing a stellar job in convincing Joe and Jolene public that the best thing for Meghan is to shut them off, and keep her door closed for good.
So while this does damage Meghan's image to some extent, it also helps her.
- So long as she does not make serious mistakes and she and Harry's relationship survives these first crucial years. The public sympathy can quickly turn to hostility, as you all know.

Having said all that. In regards to the foreign press. And here I mean the press outside USA, Britain, Commonwealth. - It's my clear impression that H&M has a very good press and also a good standing in the eyes of the foreign public. However, the antics of Meghan's family is faithfully reported and you almost have to live in cave in Tibet not to know at least a little about it!
And you can be sure other royal families are taking note and writing a reminder to also check the extended family of possible future spouses in the future, very carefully!

Last edited:
On the other hand, there are also the niece Ashleigh (who is an attorney) and the nephew Christopher who don’t ever make the news, so Meghan does seem to have some paternal family members who are not pond scum.
But yeah, if she had to have tacky relatives, it would have been nicer for Meghan if they were far distant cousins.

Meghan’s sister says “money makes the world go around”. She was on GMB this morning.

Samantha Markle admits 'cashing in' on Meghan's marriage to Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

While I wish these people would just shut up, I am delighted that even the commentators on the DF are quiet (the nasty ones) or supportive for Meghan ("She does not deserve this, poor girl".)

I have no doubt that a lot of Britons still have problems with the fact that Meghan is even "worse" than Wallis Simpson (American, divorcee plus biracial) but I think those who eg support Charles because of the good causes he supports understand that this is not only about the love of two people for each other but a statement about racial equality from the absolute top of British society as well. For it tells: anyone can become a beloved member of the British Royal family if personal accomplishment, positive personality and working for good causes brings you the love of a prince or (think Jack, the barkeeper, though with a suitable background) princess. For I seriously doubt Harry would have fallen for Meghan if she just had a beautiful face.

Or think Mette-Marit, Mathilde or Maxima - while undoubtedly positive personalities with lots of lovely charisma and impressive personal accomplishments (which show a sense of duty and discipline), they are definately not looking like international supermodels or other sex symbols. Just saying that especially about Maxima or Maria Teresa of Luxembourg because for a lot of people a Latina (half-Latina in case of Silvia of Sweden) is not much better than a woman with African roots.

I personally love this message, though it takes of course second place to the love all these ladies have for their husbands and vice versa.

Plus: the british public slowly but surely gets annoyed with the Markles and the media for trying to smear Meghan but even worse: they get bored.I'm sure a lot of DF or other tabloid-readers will be very exited to read some day about a scandal including Meghan (even if she is just fotographed sunbathing on a yacht topless) but I doubt they look forward to reading about the Markles forever and then another article. IMHO, of course.

Samantha makes me laugh. I am not even mad that she is going on GMB because all she is doing is proving why Meghan wants NOTHING to do with these people. She hasn't talked to them in over 10 years and even before that it seemed the interaction was rare.

Meghan referred to herself as an only child for years. That is why many were surprised when Samantha and Tom Jr popped up. Then we learn of the 16 year age difference and understood. These people are NOT her family. Samantha going on TV spewing she should be allowed to "cash in" because reporters also talk about the royals is so ridiculous. Does she even hear herself?

Keep it up Samantha. It is funny because she truly thinks she is turning the people against Meghan but all I have seen in the recent weeks is piece after piece defending her. Even the likes of Daily Mail who LOATHE everything about Meghan are even somewhat sympathetic. That is when you know it has failed.

So go ahead and go on CBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom