The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the big brother rumor. Two weeks ago, Samantha said it was fake news. She likes the attention.

Got this from another forum.

Seems to me the whole "call daddy" tweets and "blame Meg if doddy dies" tweets where a way to garner attention to perhaps show the producers how messed up she is. they only cause a ruckus when they need something. Shame Meghan into calling Sr. which proves they have current access. Record the phone call and sell it to the highest bidder would give her more leverage in whatever she is doing.

If only Sam could put all that mental energy into something positive and do something nice. Focus on the positives of life, rather than being negative all the time, she would be a much happier person.

But you must realize that to people like Samantha this is a beautiful positive mental energy. She sees nothing negative about wanting to destroy someone that she has hated for decades. Her mass jealousy of Meghan being a model [which she wanted to be but failed at] and then when Meghan became famous for her role in a popular [with the youth] TV show having people adored Meghan while Sam's own family stayed clear of her was something annoying her. Jealousy and hatred are two very powerful emotions. Neither one is a sound mental state. Tom Jr. always said that Sam was a pain in the behind from day one to all in family and I truly believe him.

I still believe Samantha need massive mental help from a professional in a controlled environment for many years to help her. Her parents must have seen this warped personality trait years ago. I realize that mental health wasn't something that many families admitted to 50 plus years ago, but I am sure the signs were all there. Shame she has such a wasted life and must try to become rich destroying others. JMHO

I was talking to a professional just last week about anger, rage and revenge, one thing stuck me in the conversation is that when someone (Sam and her father) are so hell bent on getting the attention of Meghan that someone usually uses another person to get at the person whose attention they want, oh my did a thought come to me quickly about this situation, no one in the Markle family so *far* has gone after Doria, she is almost like a vanishing person in this whole debacle here which is good for her as I think she is an outstanding mother and human being. If the Markles wanted to, really really wanted to get Meghan to talk to them, then they would be bashing her loud and clear and that would bring Meghan and Harry and KP and anyone else in the royal family out of the palace for sure......yet not happening so far and hope it never does. This I am beginning to believe is just a way for them to make money and get attention as they are so lacking in self esteem and confidence to actually do something positive with their lives.....so Meghan dear stay quiet and behind that moot with the drawbridge up.

Best solution in my book is:

Meet Thomas Markle, Sr. at the airport and treat him as the father of The Duchess of Sussex should be treated. Serve him with a restraining order prohibiting him from being anywhere near the vicinity of Meghan's person or any person of the British Royal Family.

He breaks that, grounds for arrest and deportation. Simple.

how would this be treating him "as the father of the Duchess of Sussex should be treated?"

If only Sam could put all that mental energy into something positive and do something nice. Focus on the positives of life, rather than being negative all the time, she would be a much happier person.

Im sure she does not see it that way...

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife told me about a common psychological condition. I'm not a professional, so I'll call it "projection" for a lack of better term.

It is basically that some who suffer from adversity/unhappiness in life, one way or another, project that on someone else.
That person is then blamed for everything that is bad in life, even going to irrational lengths.
It's something that extremely common on the Net, especially on "flame-sites".

In this case Samantha may project all her misfortunes in her life, perceived or real, rational or not on one person: Meghan.
Meghan is basically evil incarnated, she is the one to blame for everything. Even on a subconscious level.
Samantha needs Meghan to avoid taking a good luck at herself. You understand what I mean? As long as she has Meghan, whom she can loathe, her misfortunes are not really her fault, and it's also a way to feel better.
It's a way of deflecting the arrows pointing at yourself.

It's a very common condition, in varying degrees. And perhaps we all possess it to some degree. I.e. it's a psychological defense mechanism, where by we blame someone else for general misfortunes, so we at least for a period don't blame ourselves.
It's a coping mechanism that makes things simpler.

Interestingly quite a few suffer from a reversed projection so to speak.
That is they pin everything that is good, and every good hopes they have for the future on one person.
That's also a psychological defense mechanism. Where you in a hard, complicated and cruel world select one person, who at least is thoroughly good, kind and blameless. You pin your hope and desire that there is something good out there on one person. - Which you become a devoted fan/follower of and you cannot and you will not see any flaws in that person.
Of course no such person exist, and in many cases they disappoint their devoted follower deeply, who may very well in such cases turn 180 degrees and positively hate the person they have previously adored!

If Meghan was abducted by aliens tonight, never to be seen again, Samantha might very well rejoice - for a time... Then she would have to find another one to loathe, in order not to, psychologically speaking, look at herself in the mirror.

- It's a deeply complicated but immensely interesting subject and I hope I made sense.

Last edited:
:previous: I think how you explain that makes a great deal of sense. :flowers:

ACO said:
Samantha was definitely ranting, just not on twitter. She went television instead to trash talk Meghan.
Samantha does not look well. Her obsessive hatred has to be taking a toll on her.

I believe that's true too. Hatred and bitterness gets no one anywhere. Samantha will have a lot to answer for when she meets her maker. Seemingly Samantha thinks she can make a living feeding off of Meghan's fame and success in life. This path Samantha has willingly taken is far far beyond her being able to get off of it now.

The first thing Sam wanted to do when she heard about Harry dating Meghan was to break up their relationship. That was a ridiculous enterprise, but she kept at it until she realized it wouldn't work, but that there was huge money to be made ragging on Meghan for the tabloids. Briefly Sam tried to change her tune to faux half-baked conciliatory, crazily thinking she could somehow get close to Windsor Castle for the wedding. All of Sam's strange behavior smacks of serious mental health issues.

It really does look like this hate campaign she runs on Meghan is taking a toll on her. Samantha is ... never going to admit, that she's been running on hate Meghan ... but she's only lying to herself. 99% of all comments I've read are completely against her, everywhere.

So true. The question is, 'Why is there no one such as a doctor able to step in and provide mental health care for someone who is clearly unstable?' And, 'Why does our culture continue to reward this type of illogical, backbiting behavior which is clearly being enacted for monetary gain?'

The awful tabloids should point blank ask Samantha why she's so obsessed with the Duchess of Sussex, and completely unconcerned about repairing relationships with her own three children? Sam's two older children, she was apparently deemed unfit to raise. The youngest child had to seek solace and care from her grandmother after being emotionally abused by Sam.

That Sam is said to have received some type of college degree dealing with mental health care, I find rather astonishing.

... her moms side of the family who was also not invited to the wedding have remain silent unless they are just waiting for the right time to tell there stories

As I mentioned earlier, Meghan's Uncle Joseph (Doria's older half brother) did speak to the Daily Fail and sold pictures immediately after the engagement announcement. I suppose he was waiting until Prince Harry popped the question to maybe make more money and/or to ensure that M&H's relationship was permanent. In any case, Joseph said positive things about Meghan and he has kept fairly quiet since. Knowing he had no relationship with Meghan, he knew he would not be invited to the wedding.

OTOH, I've heard rumors that Meghan did invite her younger uncle, Alvin Joffrey Ragland, and his wife to her wedding, along with Ashleigh Hale (Sam's older estranged daughter). Supposedly these family members sat icognito in the nave at St. George's Chapel. If true, seating arrangements were probably made that way in order to protect their privacy and to cut down on the possibility of Sam seeing Ashleigh during the broadcast and making rude comments to the media.

Last edited:
There is enforced mental healthcare in the US only when someone is a danger to self or/and others. Simply being a mean person does not get you there.

Imagine all the people that would have to be treated every day if we enforced care for the verbally cruel on social media. We'd lose half the workforce! :lol::cool:

In this case Samantha may project all her misfortunes in her life, perceived or real, rational or not on one person: Meghan.

Meghan is basically evil incarnated, she is the one to blame for everything. Even on a subconscious level.
Samantha needs Meghan to avoid taking a good luck at herself. You understand what I mean? As long as she has Meghan, whom she can loathe, her misfortunes are not really her fault, and it's also a way to feel better.

It's a way of deflecting the arrows pointing at yourself.

I have always felt this way. Samantha has hated Meghan since the day she was born. Many people in her life, including her own daughter and mother, have confirmed it.

Thomas Markle didn't raise Samantha and Tom Jr. He came back into their lives when they were teens. And when he did he brought along a new girlfriend turned wife in Doria and that produced Meghan. So they watched their father do for Meghan what he never did for them as children.

In her mind she has been competing against Doria and Meghan for Thomas' love and affection. Even now he still made it clear he cares for Doria after all these years. That GMB interview left no question she ended the marriage, not him.

So that is how it started and how the jealousy and hatred has festered. We see it in how Samantha has to talk up Thomas like he is some God in order for him to pay her attention and yet he is whining to whoever will listen that Meghan is ignoring him. He still picking Meghan (even at a distance) over Samantha.

So she will hate Meghan (and Doria) until her last breath though her issue should lay 100% on her father.

Last edited:
It seems to me that both father and half sibling wanted to sabotage the wedding. Contrary to popular belief they did plan on the father being in the wedding. The father said that they told him to just get on the plane, contrary to the fake image of Sr. getting measured in a back alley.....Meghan set things up for him in Beverly Hills. Harry set up a friend to act as his helper, they had several suits set up for him. Had he not went along with the half sister he would be enjoying the halo affect that Doria is experiencing.

I firmly suspect that the reason why they cut off contact with SR. is because he leaked the honeymoon in Jasper story to his favorite gossip site. After that hit the news that was all Harry and Meghan needed to know about him. I'm sure Sr. knew his contact days where numbered so he then went completely rogue.

There is enforced mental healthcare in the US only when someone is a danger to self or/and others. Simply being a mean person does not get you there.

Imagine all the people that would have to be treated every day if we enforced care for the verbally cruel on social media. We'd lose half the workforce! :lol::cool:

Ah well, it's not really funny. And Samantha Markle's behavior extends well beyond simply "verbally cruel on social media."

... I firmly suspect that the reason why they cut off contact with SR. is because he leaked the honeymoon in Jasper story to his favorite gossip site. After that hit the news that was all Harry and Meghan needed to know about him. I'm sure Sr. knew his contact days where numbered so he then went completely rogue.

This is interesting. I haven't heard about that. Where did you find this confirmed or gossiped?

Last edited:
I firmly suspect that the reason why they cut off contact with SR. is because he leaked the honeymoon in Jasper story to his favorite gossip site. After that hit the news that was all Harry and Meghan needed to know about him. I'm sure Sr. knew his contact days where numbered so he then went completely rogue.

I am sure Meghan knew exactly what could happen with her father and was open about it with Harry and Charles. The leaked information reminded me of how William and Harry dealt after Diana's death with the threat of betrayal by friends. They told them things in full confidence, but a different story for every one of their alleged friends and waited for the info to turn up. So I wouldn't wonder if the same happened with Meghan's father.

In a situation like the one Harry and Meghan are in - biracial marriage to a divorced foreigner for a Prince of the Blood Royal - there was no chance there wouldn't be opposition against that marriage. So to detect and close holes in their wall of privacy has been of utmost importance - no matter how much it hurts. Maybe that gave Meghan an impression about what Royality really means: if the situation asks for it, you even have to have your cousin (Maria Stuart) or beloved (Earl of Essex) executed...

Again, where was the story reported that Markle Sr was responsible for leaking honeymoon location info that may have been provided to him on purpose to see what he might do? Not that I don't believe this to be true. I just hadn't heard this before and I'm curious where it has been gossiped or confirmed.

Again, where was the story reported that Markle Sr was responsible for leaking honeymoon location info that may have been provided to him on purpose to see what he might do? Not that I don't believe this to be true. I just hadn't heard this before and I'm curious where it has been gossiped or confirmed.

There is no article on it. It's speculation by tweeps.

I was talking to a professional just last week about anger, rage and revenge, one thing stuck me in the conversation is that when someone (Sam and her father) are so hell bent on getting the attention of Meghan that someone usually uses another person to get at the person whose attention they want, oh my did a thought come to me quickly about this situation, no one in the Markle family so *far* has gone after Doria, she is almost like a vanishing person in this whole debacle here which is good for her as I think she is an outstanding mother and human being. If the Markles wanted to, really really wanted to get Meghan to talk to them, then they would be bashing her loud and clear and that would bring Meghan and Harry and KP and anyone else in the royal family out of the palace for sure......yet not happening so far and hope it never does. This I am beginning to believe is just a way for them to make money and get attention as they are so lacking in self esteem and confidence to actually do something positive with their lives.....so Meghan dear stay quiet and behind that moot with the drawbridge up.

I think that's true. But it's also true that by projecting their fury and ire onto Meghan, the Markles do succeed in also hurting Doria. Reportedly Doria was kind and patient toward Sam/Yvonne and Tom Jr when she married their father. But their poor characters were sadly unable to be reformed via Doria's positive influence. And unfortunately when Meghan entered the picture, she became the scapegoat, and source of all their bitterness toward their father for not being present during most of their childhood.

Last edited:
how would this be treating him "as the father of the Duchess of Sussex should be treated?"

That was stated tongue in cheek. One is treated in the way that they have treated others. Respect and courtesy are earned rather than a given right.

There's no doubt in my mind that should Mr. Markle decide to visit the UK, it will be known to those that surround Harry and Meghan and are responsible for their well being. I've retracted that statement though, Denville, about the restraining order. In order to have a restraining order against Mr. Markle, he would have to be reported to the police and taken to court before one could be issued in the UK.

We can sit here and psychoanalyze the Markles until the cows come home (I think it would be a better quest to find out where them cows go) but the human mind is something that still baffles scientists and researchers and scholars and unless we intimately know a person, even then, we do not know what goes on in their thoughts processes.

Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that has many levels and affects different people in different ways. Some that use wheelchairs are actually still able to be mobile (such as getting into bed, getting into the bathtub and such) but have a problem being on their feet for more than 15 minutes. This is just an observation but I do think that her wheelchair is one of Samantha's props. Doing an interview from home, she could have easily sat on a couch or an easy chair. We most often see her in the wheelchair because that is the image she wishes to portray. This is just my observation and I do not know this woman or the extent of her illness. Friends and family that I know that have "danced with the monster" as its called by some, live full lives and at times even go into remission for years. Some people I know had the disease progress to the point where it took their lives yet had positive, happy attitudes to the last.

As things stand right now, there is a huge gulf between the Markle estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family and Meghan. Its a one sided war being played out in the press for attention with the other side refusing to enter into the conflict. Its the lack of attention by Meghan and her new family that frustrates Tom, Sr. and Samantha as no one likes to be ignored and swatted away like a pesky insect.

Its true that when you see someone pointing a finger at someone else, the other three fingers are pointing back at themselves. :D

I fear counselling might be too late for Sam.
Anyway before I went to bed last night I saw the Mirror site with a headline saying Thomas Markle faked the whole hospital stent story. The Mirror saying a Friend of Meghans has confirmed this. So he wouldn't have to go to the wedding.
How accurate is this Mirror story, I have no idea. Would they make this up completely?? The Mirror quotes a close friend of Meghans. But surely a close friend would never reveal such a thing to a tabloid.
I guess if it were not true then perhaps that would leave the newspaper open to a defamation case.

Last edited:
I have to say that hate is a strong word. A horrible emotional word that covers a whole range of things. But I can tell you now that that emotion almost grips me every time I type on this wretched tablet and the auto correct thing goes into overdrive.
Talk about swearing at in animate object.
I better get up and have my coffee and let my feelings settle down. This tablet is lucky it is still in one piece.
How's that for mental instability.!

I doubt Meghan “lives in fear” of anything. Even her dad blabbing.

And this from US magazine, may or may not be completely true, regarding how Meghan is privately feeling:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...nnot-trust-dad-thomas-markle-she-is-so-upset/

It repeats the gossip about Markle Sr faking a need for heart surgery.

One thing that occurred to me reading the article is that it has a purpose. To fashion a story with an anonymous source (close friend, someone high in the palace etc) it makes the story look like its "leaked" and cannot actually be attributed as direct quotes from Meghan, herself but, and this but is the biggie, its a way to get it out there and perhaps to Tom, Sr. and Samantha that their behavior isn't to be trusted or tolerated and gives a reason exactly why Meghan cannot and will not contact her father. As for Sam? She was swatted away as inconsequential as a gnat.

The article serves a purpose without entering into the War of the Markles personally.

One thing that occurred to me reading the article is that it has a purpose. To fashion a story with an anonymous source (close friend, someone high in the palace etc) it makes the story look like its "leaked" and cannot actually be attributed as direct quotes from Meghan, herself but, and this but is the biggie, its a way to get it out there and perhaps to Tom, Sr. and Samantha that their behavior isn't to be trusted or tolerated and gives a reason exactly why Meghan cannot and will not contact her father. As for Sam? She was swatted away as inconsequential as a gnat.

The article serves a purpose without entering into the War of the Markles personally.

Two things make me doubt it’s the Palace or meghan’s Doing here. One, the overly juvenile description of what Meghan is supposedly feeling. Two, I can understand this if the story is still burning, but except for the royal watchers (in the grand scheme of things, this is a relatively small percent of the population), everyone else have moved on. Giving it another news cycle is about the dumbest thing to do.

Two things make me doubt it’s the Palace or meghan’s Doing here. One, the overly juvenile description of what Meghan is supposedly feeling. Two, I can understand this if the story is still burning, but except for the royal watchers (in the grand scheme of things, this is a relatively small percent of the population), everyone else have moved on. Giving it another news cycle is about the dumbest thing to do.

Whether it was intentional or not, one thing though is present. It gives valid reasons why Meghan is not engaging with her father at this time and to me, that's legitimate. Once trust has been broken, all the Queen's horses and all the Queen's men can't put it back together again.

Perception is everything. Take the most recent article from The Sun. The very first thought that entered my head was "staged photos yet again". Photographs of Tom, Sr. at McDonald's. Photographs of Tom, Sr. shopping for electronics at Best Buy. Here a photo, there a photo, everywhere a photo, photo EIEIO. Its blatantly obvious that Tom, Sr. knew he was being followed and photographed. Not an inkling of irritation or anger there at all. Shows collusion with The Sun still and he's not going to give up.

The man is a shining example of the word "obtuse"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6830723/thomas-markle-spends-74th-birthday-alone/

Did ANYONE really need an anonymous source to know why Meghan isn’t in contact with her father? Or does anyone need to have access to Meghan to know why? I thought it was brutally obvious.

Whether it was intentional or not, one thing though is present. It gives valid reasons why Meghan is not engaging with her father at this time and to me, that's legitimate. Once trust has been broken, all the Queen's horses and all the Queen's men can't put it back together again.

Perception is everything. Take the most recent article from The Sun. The very first thought that entered my head was "staged photos yet again". Photographs of Tom, Sr. at McDonald's. Photographs of Tom, Sr. shopping for electronics at Best Buy. Here a photo, there a photo, everywhere a photo, photo EIEIO. Its blatantly obvious that Tom, Sr. knew he was being followed and photographed. Not an inkling of irritation or anger there at all. Shows collusion with The Sun still and he's not going to give up.

The man is a shining example of the word "obtuse"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6830723/thomas-markle-spends-74th-birthday-alone/

:previous:Well said about trust. I once had a family friend repeat things I told her in confidence. We have not spoken in years; she tries, but I have her calls sent directly to voicemail and blocked her on social media. The only time I communicate with her is when I do need to spread information.

And there's no doubt in my mind that those photos were staged. I am a fan of a B-list actor who doesn't get a lot of media attention, until he started dating a D-list actress known for staging pap walks. All of a sudden, there were pics of him running out for coffee, pics of him leaving the gym, pics of him walking her dog for her, etc. The moment they broke up, the pics stopped appearing. Unless you are a major A-list celebrity, I don't believe the paparazzi are really going to follow you to McDonald's.

And there's no doubt in my mind that those photos were staged.

Exactly what I was going to post when I saw your post, Thena. :flowers: Though for me the tip-off has to do with the immaculately clean clothes consistent across all photos, at wildly different venues, and the sharpness of the images.

I do believe, however, that snaps of Markle are worth money so would not be surprised at a random snap taken here and there by a member of the public (not a 'pap'). They would look very different under those conditions.

Must have gotten money for this I would suppose. :sad:

Must have gotten money for this I would suppose. :sad:

Them Happy Meals don't come cheap.

He's also has to finagle a way to get the most out of a trip to the UK to reconcile with Meghan. What better way that to buddy up with The Sun, a UK based publication? TMZ in the States and the Sun in the UK. He's got things covered. Personal reporters and photographers (to use the terms loosely) to chronicle that blessed moment when he holds his darling baby girl in his arms once again.

And we thought fairy tales were on the edge of extinction. :eek:

Omid and Emily talked about this latest situation with Meghan's father in their podcast today on Twitter. It was at the start of the segment and well worth listening to.

LaRae

That kind of leaves me out. Can you give a synopsis, please? ?

Did ANYONE really need an anonymous source to know why Meghan isn’t in contact with her father? Or does anyone need to have access to Meghan to know why? I thought it was brutally obvious.

One person comes to mind that needs it spelled out for them. Thomas Markle, Sr. Which is why I named him as a shining example of "obtuse". ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Meghan hasn't had contact with Samantha since she was 10? I thought she hadn't seen her since her mid 20s.

Osipi - I listened to this for you. Here you go. 38 minutes. Not much new or different. The typing is probably awful, but it's not worth editing, IMO.

On Heir this week: https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-jtrsy-959657. Omid and Emily

They talk about Tom Markle and why people do/do not, should/should not continue the conversation abut him. The conclusion: we are all too tittilated to be grown up and ignore him.

Also talking about Christening pics, Geo's Birthday, Emoji Day, and Eug and Jack.

Emily washes her hands: the Tom interview was The Sun but not Emily's team. Then she tells how Meghan has not spoken to Dad since days after the wedding. She decided not speak to him and cut him out. So is that driving him to talk to the press, or he simply an idiot or is he enjoying the fame and shaming the Royal Family. They conclude to have any hope of ever hearing from her, Tom needs to shut up. Samantha is also manipulative.

[so to this point, I've learned nothing and am quite bored]. Then they dredge up the failed marriage with Doria. They ask is Tom evil??? [And I cannot believe I am listening to this for you Osipi. They are repeating in various ways "Tom shut up."].

Around 11 minutes, they finally get off Tom. And talk about the Christening photos. Which were deliberate, lovely, formal yet informal, so, yay that. Emily does not like the pic of the 5 because it does not work for her. She repeated it did not work for her several times and never explained why. Small side chat about the photogs the family uses. Chris J and Tash are having a baby! Chris also has a book coming out. [Lovely sucking up, this bit, and yes, I like Chris' work too, but I don't suck up like this to him]

Around 16 minutes they discuss the public opportunity getting tickets to castle grounds for Eug and Jack's wedding. So like Meg and Harry. Other stuff will be different though. There will be audio of the wedding, and cameras outside. Speculation on how Big knows Robbie Williams and who will be attendants. Pressure is on Eug to make the day her own! And then Emily says SHE thinks the wedding will be broadcast from inside. [I am confused, but then I think our desire to see the wedding makes us say this kind of stuff. Emily goes off in a boring asside on this. Blah, blah, blah]

21 minutes. Harry and Meg get a break in about a month. This week they honored Mandela. They plump for the excellent Mandela exhibition. Omid provides detail on that whole day out. Emily notes Diana met Mandela. [personal note, it's not always about Diana, so this bugged me].

25 minutes. Megan will do a solo engagement sometime [Duh]. Meanwhile Harry solo met with injured rugby players. Omid shared a funny moment. We know it was funny because Omid told us it was.

27 min. Question time: Where do young royals go for summer break? Anmer or Balmoral. School got out July 6. The Cambridges are on Vacay in the Caribbean. They will go both to Anmer and Balmoral. George goes back to school on Sept. 6.

Min 29 - Why don't we see the Parker Bowles kids? Answer - they are not royal. We may see them at big family events. Kate is close to the Lopez part of the family. Emily mention that Prince Phillip was a godparent to the Mountbatten baby and took a helicopter to the event. And missed Louis' christening. They think it was so he could stay far from the Trump visit.

33 Min: How is the Duchess so slim after a third baby? Genetics and Kate tased care of her physique. After Geo, she hiked with arm and leg weights on! Emily does not know the exact regime but she covets the knowledge. Emily talks about her sister losing weight just like Kate. Plus Kate has a chef and if mindful about eating.

Their closer in the last 2 minutes was to plump for visiting the state rooms at BP while you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom