The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Meghan relented and called her father for his birthday? There has been no ranting from Samantha today so maybe she did do a quick phone call.

As I've stated the Markle's and Ragland's who are discrete should be shown some kind of public support; that's just what I would do.

What I worry about is that they'd be subjected to harassment then. Both publicly and from these rogue relatives. Sometimes keeping them under wraps is actually protecting them.

That's a really good question Jacqui. I don't remember if the actual place where Tom's heart procedures was ever mentioned in the press and if it was, I've glossed over that fact and it didn't register. Anyone remember?

He named it on GMB.

I wonder if Meghan relented and called her father for his birthday? There has been no ranting from Samantha today so maybe she did do a quick phone call.

Give it time. :whistling: I doubt Meghan calling her dad would stop Samantha as that was never her end goal anyways. Just another thing she can rant about.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I only read through this thread - on knowing that my fellow Royal watchers are positive and quite experienced in observing shenaningans - don't you all think as well that too many of the Markle-family have been influenced by the fact that the Markle-father worked for such a long time for "Married with children"? For Meghan seems to be the only one of this family who doesn't behave as if they are cast members of this (terrible! obnoxious!) show.

I am so glad I believe in the "Nurture" theory, so I look so forward to Harry's and Meghan's "Happy bunch".

This is a very sad situation. The only person with the power to end is it Thomas Markle, Sr himself! He could just tell Samantha to stop it! Sadly, he doesn't seen to understand that he, indeed, does have the power in his hand to stop Samantha and, perhaps, make amends with Meghan and Harry.

Thomas Snr has no power to make his eldest children stop their vile behaviour. While he kept quiet for a year, they did their worse to denigrate Meghan. And now he has joined them! He is no better than his eldest children. Meghan has done the right thing to cut him off and focus on her own life.

Years ago I worked with the issues of HIPPA. It is my recollection that NO information may be given out unless the patient has listed the inquirer as someone who may receive information. IOW the clinic's response would be something to the effect that "that is information which is not available to the public". This claim by the Fail jumped out at me when I first read it as "not reliable".

This is a very sad situation. The only person with the power to end is it Thomas Markle, Sr himself! He could just tell Samantha to stop it! Sadly, he doesn't seen to understand that he, indeed, does have the power in his hand to stop Samantha and, perhaps, make amends with Meghan and Harry.

Thomas Markle Sr has the power to stop himself from talking and only himself. He has no power over what his two unfortunate eldest adult children say or do.

Sadly, there are no winners when family or friends strike out like this.

You can't have any kind of real conversation with them, because they are such gossips, you can't trust them to not sell anything you say.

Poor Meghan and poor royal family. This is verbal blackmail and no matter what the BRF do, these people will not behave with any decorum or class.

And no one is responsible for Tom, Sam or the other's behavior except themselves. They all need to grow up and shut up. Who cares who they think? Not me.

And I refuse to read their tawdry complaints anymore. Because that's the only rational response I can make in this case.

I don't think there is any choice but for Markle Sr to be completely frozen out. He has no clue who and what he's dealing with in blabbing to the tabloids and lobbing crazy, hateful comments toward his newlywed daughter and her royal in-laws. As has already been pointed out, Sam Grant obviously has severe mental problems from being so fixated on bitterness and jealousy against a sister whom she is at least 17 to 18 years older than. And Tom Jr is older than that. They were both adults when Meghan was born, and yet began to harbor extreme jealousy against her when they saw how much attention Markle Sr gave to Meghan when she was young, as opposed to what the two of them had received. In fact, Markle Sr left them and their mother in Chicago when they were young to find work in Hollywood. Being a workaholic is apparently part of the reason why both of Markle Sr's marriages broke up. I would suspect his lack of good judgement and common sense were additional factors.

It's quite obvious that Samantha convinced her Dad to accept the tabloid's offer to set up those fake photos for the money. Sam appealed to her Dad's pride and vanity. She must be accustomed to using him over the years. Once he fell for that scam, Markle Sr decided to keep falling, instead of accepting the life raft offered by Meghan and Harry to still attend the wedding. About the heart surgery business, it's probably true, but there are questions. Still, none of this makes good sense. We obviously don't know what all the dysfunction is about. I just suspect that it stems from Markle Sr not having been a good father when the older two were young.

Andrew Morton spoke to both Tom Jr and Sam (but more-so to Tom Jr) for his book about Meghan. There are some interesting details mentioned in that book regarding the Markles. Tom Jr & Sam (formerly named Yvonne) were never close. They both moved to live with their Dad in L.A. as teenagers. When Markle Sr met and married Doria, Tom Jr and Sam lived with the newlyweds, and Doria reportedly tried her best to be a good influence and to take both of these problem teenagers under her wing. Sam was aloof and impossible to deal with. She was a typical rebellious teenager with an attitude. Plus she also dabbled in witchcraft and wore goth attire. Doria had a bit more success with reaching out to Tom Jr. But once again, as a workaholic, Markle Sr apparently never fully helped Doria with this effort to guide his two older restless and rambunctious kids.

Doria and Markle Sr did not have Meghan until at least 3 or 4 years after they married. So obviously, an effort was made to include the older two as part of their Dad's new relationship before Meghan was born. The elephant in the room I think is how much or how little Markle Sr's family actually fully accepted Doria, due to her different ethnic background. Morton described Tom Jr as having been closer to Doria initially than Sam/Yvonne, who probably never accepted her. Morton's book does mention that Sam/Yvonne told her friends that Doria was the maid. But Morton also said some sources indicated that Sam/Yvonne was supposedly just joking! When Meghan was born, more efforts were made to unify the family, but to no avail. There are those pictures of Sam/Yvonne at 18 or 19 holding one-year old Meghan. So likely the envy didn't start immediately, or maybe it did. How can anyone envy a baby though??? :ermm:

Markle Sr has spoken of how Meghan was the apple of his eye, and of course all of the family photos show that both parents adored their little girl. But I think it's safe to say that it was Doria and her mother, Jeannette, who nurtured Meghan the most into becoming the outstanding human being she is today. Doria apparently left Markle Sr when Meghan was two-years-old, and they were divorced when Meghan was six. Both parents surely did share helping to raise Meghan and both were instrumental in her formative years. However, I get the sense that Markle Sr has never been easy to get along with, and that there was more friction along the way which Meghan has chosen to put a happy face on because she's a positive, 'glass half-full' person. It boils down to Markle Sr not being good with relationships in his life, leading to problems with both marriages. Fortunately, he gave Meghan enough love and attention when she was growing up, added to the sound nurturing by her mother and maternal grandmother, that she was able to overcome the tensions of dysfunctions and estrangements that apparently existed on both sides of her family. Only her mother's side has shown a bit more discretion. Her mother's older half-brother, Joseph, did sell some photos and positive stories to the DF after the engagement announcement, but he has pocketed the money and kept quiet since then.

I would imagine that both Harry and Meghan bared their hearts to each other about their childhoods and so there are no secrets between them. Still, who could have expected Sam to get her claws so fully into Markle Sr that he would lose his mind in this way. Do you notice how Markle Sr keeps saying "my daughter, my daughter," and rarely if ever 'Meghan.' I think that shows how much vanity and pride he has. He apparently thinks he owns Meghan and her success in life. But again, I think he's being fed a lot of these ideas by Samantha. Meghan created her own success. Whatever good her father did for her, is what he should have done. And now he needs to cut his losses, because I believe what he's been doing in recent weeks is unforgiveable. He has indeed completely lost his younger daughter and any future grandchildren who will be British royals through and through. The Markles need to understand that they have no claim on Meghan, and they are so far from being royal themselves, it isn't even funny.

There is a difference between forgiveness and acceptance. I don't see any way at all that Meghan could ever forgive her father for making the egregious choices he has made. They offered an olive branch and he spit on it. Whether or not he has mental incapacities is not Meghan's problem. She did everything she could to try and include her father in her new life (with likely huge anxiety over how things would turn out because of surely numerous past betrayals on his part). What's happening now is unforgiveable, so the only avenue for Meghan to move toward is acceptance.

Here's an article that describes the ten steps of acceptance, when forgiveness is not an option. Perhaps it might be helpful for those experiencing similar betrayal and anguish:

https://blogs.psychcentral.com/rela...giveness-of-the-other-is-not-the-best-option/

Last edited:
True, but it will be really awkward if Markle stands outside KP screaming for Meghan.
Then what?
If they arrest him it will play into his agenda.
But what other recourse do they have? Just let him yell?

If he just shows up, I think it will reflect badly on him and him alone.

Just do a Google search for "lawn tantrums" and imagine how bad it could get. Fortunately for Harry and Meghan, they live in a secure complex so an uninvited visitor should not get too far (fingers crossed!). It would be more of the media circus I'd worry about if Tom Sr. decides to tantrum on the Kensington Palace lawn. But that's the point of the whole practice -- to cause a disturbance in view on one's neighbors so that one ends up giving into the tantrumer's irrational demands.

Just do a Google search for "lawn tantrums" and imagine how bad it could get. Fortunately for Harry and Meghan, they live in a secure complex so an uninvited visitor should not get too far (fingers crossed!). It would be more of the media circus I'd worry about if Tom Sr. decides to tantrum on the Kensington Palace lawn. But that's the point of the whole practice -- to cause a disturbance in view on one's neighbors so that one ends up giving into the tantrumer's irrational demands.
What do I have to think now when I googlöed "lawn tantrums" and the fifth vid that turned up was one of Meghan and Catherine attending Wimbledon? Hm...

Causing ANY sort of 'Breach of the Peace' at KP, would result in INSTANT removal for anyone, including Markle Sr..
Even if he is not [ultimately] charged with any offence, the wait in a holding cell, whilst investigations and paperwork are completed *MIGHT* turn out to be remarkably lengthy...

:previous: And it would also be very highly publicized and really put Tom, Sr. in a very bad light and most likely make him moan and groan even more to his press buddies.

He does say he's not going to wave flags and make a fool out of himself but rather check into a hotel and then try and get in contact with Meghan. Can anyone give me a good clue as to why calling from a hotel room in the UK would meet with a different result than calling from Mexico or California? I can imagine the phone call now.

Tom, Sr. dials the Kensington Palace phone number (available to anyone that cares to look for it. Its +44 20 3166 6000)

Tom, Sr.: Hello. This is Thomas Markle, The Duchess of Sussex's father. I'm here in London.
KP Operator: So?
Tom, Sr.: Can you put me through to her as I'd like to see my daughter, please.
KP Operator: I'm sorry, sir, but that is not something I am authorized to do. May I suggest you contact your daughter personally to resolve this matter?
Tom, Sr.: But!! She's my *daughter* and I have the right to see my *daughter*!!
KP Operator: Have a good day, sir. (click)

It just seems blatantly obvious that if Meghan does not want to see him or talk to him, there's no place on this earth that is going to change that decision for him. The press, however, may generously fund his trip and pay his lodgings just to get a good scoop out of it.

I'm with Albert Einstein who says “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. Right now, this is the concise description of Mr. Markle's antics.

Last edited:
I really don't think he could be bothered going to London. He is all talk and bluster. Going to London would be too much trouble for him.

Not if it's an all expenses paid trip and he gets paid for it....I can totally see him going to London. His estranged son did the same thing!

The fact that Tom Markle Jr. flew all the way to UK, did a creepy photoshoot at Windsor Castle the day before but didn't go to wedding/stand in the crowds of the procession always seemed weird to me. When asked about it in interviews he said he didn't feel like going or something.

I always believed some police or security personnel must have had a "talk" with him because I doubt he simply just didn't want to go.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.exp...alker-high-risk-police-news-latest-update/amp

Keep in mind the source is the express but it talked about some stalkers and potentially dangerous people that were identified before the wedding. 6 of these people were detained under the mental health act.

They flew in the brother that was arrested for pointing a gun at his girlfriends head and has accused him of domestic violence and said he was obsessed with Meghan.

Not to mention he blamed Meghan for ruining his life by bringing in media intrusion (which he started because he was the first to speak with them, and said she was the reason his fiancée left (not his violent behaviour).

This is someone I genuinely don't think anyone with common sense would leave in a room alone with Meghan. So I really think the media is willing to go much further and lower than we imagined.

Last edited:

Samantha was definitely ranting, just not on twitter. She went television instead to trash talk Meghan.

Samantha does not look well. Her obsessive hatred has to be taking a toll on her.

Some of you made comments about HIPAA. According to someone, "hospitals can confirm admissions. My boss has called one to see where a coworker who went in the ambulance was taken. They can confirm that a patient is there or checked in. It's not against HIPPA law, you just can't reveal what for or the medical information".

Samantha was definitely ranting, just not on twitter. She went television instead to trash talk Meghan.

Samantha does not look well. Her obsessive hatred has to be taking a toll on her.

For two people supposedly in ill health, they have boundless obsessive levels energy to devote to hatred. Both could of made better decisions, stayed on the right side and experienced the Halo affect. The half sister could of become spokesperson for her disease and write a cookbook. The father could of attended the wedding as planned and possibly renewed Hollywood connections and maybe find a new profession besides giving rambling/incoherent interviews. Moral of the story is never choose hate.

The UK media needs to pick a side also. The Markles offer short term and unsustainable payoff. The Royal family is a dividend that offers long term and sustainable payoff. Whatever file they have on the Markles they need to use it.

Some of you made comments about HIPAA. According to someone, "hospitals can confirm admissions. My boss has called one to see where a coworker who went in the ambulance was taken. They can confirm that a patient is there or checked in. It's not against HIPPA law, you just can't reveal what for or the medical information".

During the time of Tom Sr. shenanigans, reporters in the area said that he had not even left his gated community. They also checked with nearby hospitals and reported that he was not admitted I imagine the RF wanted to still protect him even after his scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
During the time of Tom Sr. shenanigans, reporters in the area said that he had not even left his gated community. They also checked with nearby hospitals and reported that he was not admitted I imagine the RF wanted to still protect him even after his scam.

That's not true for the timeframe given about the implant. Valentine Low specifically tweeted that reporters on the ground said he wasn't home and they've been camping out there.

UK media needs to pick a side also.

The UK media needs to pick a side

They REALLY don't.. the Markle's and their antics are 'current', but the Royal Family will be there LONG after the Markle's have outlived their [limited] 'novelty value'. But the Royal family, do not [and never have] 'embargo' ANY newspaper.. all are treated the same, whether favorable or otherwise...
Journalists share stories, pick up rumours and FABRICATE what they cannot source 'direct', just as they always have..

So the Press can easily just USE both to make £..

Last edited:
The fact that Tom Markle Jr. flew all the way to UK, did a creepy photoshoot at Windsor Castle the day before but didn't go to wedding/stand in the crowds of the procession always seemed weird to me. When asked about it in interviews he said he didn't feel like going or something.

I always believed some police or security personnel must have had a "talk" with him because I doubt he simply just didn't want to go.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.exp...alker-high-risk-police-news-latest-update/amp

Keep in mind the source is the express but it talked about some stalkers and potentially dangerous people that were identified before the wedding. 6 of these people were detained under the mental health act.

They flew in the brother that was arrested for pointing a gun at his girlfriends head and has accused him of domestic violence and said he was obsessed with Meghan.

Not to mention he blamed Meghan for ruining his life by bringing in media intrusion (which he started because he was the first to speak with them, and said she was the reason his fiancée left (not his violent behaviour).

This is someone I genuinely don't think anyone with common sense would leave in a room alone with Meghan. So I really think the media is willing to go much further and lower than we imagined.
They wouldn't have detained him for simply going to the procession even if they were monitoring him. They can't use what happened with his gf as a reason as all charges were dropped.

No I don't believe they detained him as you are right technically they would have no reason to.

The main point I was making is, the media has gone to some very low depths already by flying and housing someone who could been seen as dangerous to Meghan.

The media has invested a lot of money and time in the Markles. They will be willing to drag this on forever as long as it still gets clicks. They will be willing to put Tom Sr. up in a hotel and probably take pictures of him in front of KP because there is a precedent. They have already done something similar before.

The only way I see this ending is if they wait long enough the Markles will cross a very solid legal boundary. Something undeniably illegal which at this rate might happed sooner rather than later. Harry and Meghan can then take them to court with full public support. It will be a messy end but it will be an end.

The tabloids will only start to forfeit their Markles investments when lawyers are involved.

Last edited:

At some facilities when you check in, they have a box you can check on your HIPAA forms to let the front desk route confirm you’re there, so that they can direct visitors your way, connect calls to your room, etc. But that does raise the question of what can happen if you were never there to give or withhold that consent. I mean, all the language of the law, as I understand it, is to protect those who ARE patients, not to deal with those who are NOT.

All of which is to say it’s not really clear if it’s believable that a clinic would say, “no, Sr. hasn’t been here.” But certainly the pap shots of him picking up SO MUCH JUNK FOOD immediately after his supposed heart...whatever...make it seem like either (1) it was a lie or (2) he didn’t take it seriously, either if which contradict his and Sam’s current line of suggesting Meghan’s distance could send his fragile heart spiraling towards death. No, Sr., if anything it’ll be chasing McDonald’s with KFC that does it to you.

For background on HIPAA, this is from the HHS (the government agency that oversees/regulars medical services and compliance) website:

“Facility Directories. It is a common practice in many health care facilities, such as hospitals, to maintain a directory of patient contact information. A covered health care provider may rely on an individual’s informal permission to list in its facility directory the individual’s name, general condition, religious affiliation, and location in the provider’s facility.25 The provider may then disclose the individual’s condition and location in the facility to anyone asking for the individual by name, and also may disclose religious affiliation to clergy. Members of the clergy are not required to ask for the individual by name when inquiring about patient religious affiliation.”
Source:

That's not true for the timeframe given about the implant. Valentine Low specifically tweeted that reporters on the ground said he wasn't home and they've been camping out there.

During that time of the wedding an Australian news agency reported that he had not left his gated community and also he had not checked in any of the Hospitals in the area. There is a news report on this.

During that time of the wedding an Australian news agency reported that he had not left his gated community and also he had not checked in any of the Hospitals in the area. There is a news report on this.

I know there was such discussion about his claim about the first time he said he was hospitalized, but no one had definitive answer. However, the time of when the surgery supposedly happened, there was no evidence of such. And given how unreliable some Australian papers have been, I'm inclined to believe someone like Valentine Low.

Someboy here might correct me, but when they say he was in hospital wit heart surgery , wasn't he only one or 2 days in hospital? if you have heart surgery shouldn't you be more than just one or 2 days in? I always thought the hospital story was not true, just because I think if you have heart surgery you might e in hospital 4 or 5 days not only one or 2, but I might be wrong.

Someboy here might correct me, but when they say he was in hospital wit heart surgery , wasn't he only one or 2 days in hospital? if you have heart surgery shouldn't you be more than just one or 2 days in? I always thought the hospital story was not true, just because I think if you have heart surgery you might e in hospital 4 or 5 days not only one or 2, but I might be wrong.

It was supposedly just a couple stents that were put in, not open heart surgery. A fairly minor procedure, often done as an outpatient.

"After an angioplasty and stenting procedure, people usually leave the hospital the same day or the next day."

"Recovery from angioplasty and stenting is typically brief. Discharge from the hospital is usually 12 to 24 hours after the catheter is removed. Many patients are able to return to work within a few days to a week after a procedure."

The procedure he had is typical for a short stay. He didn't have open heart surgery or anything like that.

This family of Markles are very interesting - How odd they are the only ones who are speaking out about her - her moms side of the family who was also not invited to the wedding have remain silent unless they are just waiting for the right time to tell there stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom