The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why no one brings up that these people ignore and abandon their children yet want Meghan to pay attention to them. I want to hear more from Meghan's nieces and nephews about the pain these people have caused them and that they aren't victims.

That's not going to happen, Xenia. Meghan's nieces and nephews have respect enough for Meghan to not feed into this. They know the people doing it much better than we do and, like Meghan, refuse to feed into it.

In other words, they refuse to have a battle of wits about unarmed people. :D

Great points Osipi, and I totally agree with your thought process.

What's so interesting (maybe sad) about the Markle theatrics is that they think (maybe I am giving them too much credit) that these actions will work. The BRF will remain silent and NOT say a word. And for Father Markle to say he likes keeping them quiet...it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with how they work. Why should the BRF reply to their antics, when the Markle antics are showing them for who they are.

What's also interesting is that it shows their total ignorance in all things British.

For example, the tabloid press is mainly garbage. The likes of the Daily Mail, the Sun are a mixture of real news and a gossip magazine all rolled into one.

For Thomas Sr., to think he has a right to demand to meet the Queen because he is the father of the bride shows he has no clue on how things work. He should be meeting with Charles, as the father of the groom. The Queen meeting Trump (please
no political discussion) has nothing to do with his daughter. She met him because he is President of the United States.

And after he criticized the monarchy, how does he think she would even want to meet him.

He thinks he is going to just show up. Sure, do what you gotta do buddy. You won't get any further than the Palace guards. But of course, if you show up with the Press you have sealed your fate with your daughter.

Thomas Jr., writing letters for publication. When was teh last time he even spoke to Meghan?

I always side eyed Tom’s story because I thought it was suspect that KP never confimed his health and took so long to respond in the week of the wedding. But...

Whoever this so called friend of Meghan’s is needs to shut up. This will only fuel Tom and Sam more and will only start a stealth war of words.

If this is KP media team working through sources, which they do, this was the wrong way to go about it...

I think KP is the source.

Yeah, 'a source close to Meghan' is a made up person, and this article has been written just to get a reaction out of Markles
They'll go on a twitter rant/give an interview tonight, anyway, about how Meghan didn't call daddy on his birthday.

God Bless Meghan's mother. What a brilliant class act. The father's side of the family will always be held up to the light as a complete money hungry joke until they are no longer around. I can see in the future, articles on any nasty relatives of any family in the news being known as "Markles" even by stand-up-comics. I am waiting for Sat. Night Live to run a skit next.

I wonder why no one brings up that these people ignore and abandon their children yet want Meghan to pay attention to them. I want to hear more from Meghan's nieces and nephews about the pain these people have caused them and that they aren't victims.

No, the nieces and nephews along with Samantha's own daughter have more class than to jump into the "pay making interviews" loved by the famous Markle three. Class somewhere in that family is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, at this point...I wouldn't be surprised if any of the Markle didn't do another television interview with Piers or someone.

Also, I think Meghan's nieces and nephews should lay low, don't bring any unnecessary attention to themselves.

But has anyone noticed a pattern. Thomas Sr., doesn't talk to Thomas, Jr or his sons, and I don't think he has a relationship with any of Sam's kids.

Samantha doesn't speak with Thomas Jr. or any of her children.

Thomas Jr., doesn't speak with Thomas Sr. or any of his children.

And YET, they are upset that Meghan won't have a relationship with any of them.

I wonder what, if any relationship Meghan had with her uncles and the last time she spoke with them.

Just shows that it isn't about a family connection or lack of one with these three. Its about the publicity and money IMO.

If one takes the time to filter through the different tangents that result from a Markle moan, one comes to realize that there are people that are beginning to see this whole fiasco for exactly what it is.

I believe that the more the Markles bleat and bleat and bleat to the press, eventually things will turn against them. This is a pretty good example.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/samant...-markle-are-seriously-crossing-a-line-9803336

:previous:Winnie
Oh lets hear it from all the stand up comics out there please, it will surly brighten the day for the Markle's and we can enjoy the fallout of tweets by her royal highness samantha......:lol::lol: just a bit of humor for the day....:lol:

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point...I wouldn't be surprised if any of the Markle didn't do another television interview with Piers or someone.

Also, I think Meghan's nieces and nephews should lay low, don't bring any unnecessary attention to themselves.

But has anyone noticed a pattern. Thomas Sr., doesn't talk to Thomas, Jr or his sons, and I don't think he has a relationship with any of Sam's kids.

I wonder what, if any relationship Meghan had with her uncles and the last time she spoke with them.

Just shows that it isn't about a family connection or lack of one with these three. Its about the publicity and money IMO.

THIS!!

The Markles are dysfunctional. None of them have any real relationships with each other. Samantha and her kids are estranged. Tom Jr. and his sons are so estranged they changed their last name. So did Samantha. Suddenly she a Markle again when she has been "Samantha Grant" for 2 decades. Then we have Thomas and his kids. Another toxic relationship. He even admits he has only talked to Samantha via phone and email and they haven't seen each other face to face in years.

So again.... why Meghan? None of these people have talked to each other in YEARS nor did they seem to give a damn about Meghan until she was dating Harry. Now family is the most important thing despite none of them trying to fix relationship with each other. Just Meghan. Only Meghan.

I wonder why.

He thinks he is going to just show up. Sure, do what you gotta do buddy. You won't get any further than the Palace guards. But of course, if you show up with the Press you have sealed your fate with your daughter.

True, but it will be really awkward if Markle stands outside KP screaming for Meghan.
Then what?
If they arrest him it will play into his agenda.
But what other recourse do they have? Just let him yell?

True, but it will be really awkward if Markle stands outside KP screaming for Meghan.
Then what?

If he just shows up, I think it will reflect badly on him and him alone.

THIS!!

The Markles are dysfunctional. None of them have any real relationships with each other. Samantha and her kids are estranged. Tom Jr. and his sons are so estranged they changed their last name. So did Samantha. Suddenly she a Markle again when she has been "Samantha Grant" for 2 decades. Then we have Thomas and his kids. Another toxic relationship. He even admits he has only talked to Samantha via phone and email and they haven't seen each other face to face in years.

So again.... why Meghan? None of these people have talked to each other in YEARS nor did they seem to give a damn about Meghan until she was dating Harry. Now family is the most important thing despite none of them trying to fix relationship with each other. Just Meghan. Only Meghan.

I wonder why.

That one is IMO easy to answer: Money and envy.

How about a stint for a whole lot of green dollars on "Family Feud"? :lol:

There's another little aspect to all of this that pops up in my mind when you mention the different "estranged" relationship these people have within their own ranks. One of the prime and most outspoken culprits, Samantha, has been cited in several places since all this began as holding a degree in mental health counseling. (supposedly the picture blasted around the world with Meghan and Sam in her graduation cap and gown).

I seriously doubt that Samantha will ever go very far in *that* profession from here on out.

Then what?

If he causes a public disturbance, surely it's a police matter?

What's the routine procedure for foreigners who cause a public disturbance in UK?
Do you require a visa between UK and USA? Because that may be a problem for Thomas Markle if he makes a spectacle of himself. I.e. he might simply be denied entry into the UK - for some time at least.

Then what?

Best solution in my book is:

Meet Thomas Markle, Sr. at the airport and treat him as the father of The Duchess of Sussex should be treated. Serve him with a restraining order prohibiting him from being anywhere near the vicinity of Meghan's person or any person of the British Royal Family.

He breaks that, grounds for arrest and deportation. Simple.

This would be a perfect time for Doria to make an appearence in London.

Or maybe that is just me being petty.

God bless Doria. Thank you. Really.

If he causes a public disturbance, surely it's a police matter?

What's the routine procedure for foreigners who cause a public disturbance in UK?
Do you require a visa between UK and USA? Because that may be a problem for Thomas Markle if he makes a spectacle of himself. I.e. he might simply be denied entry into the UK - for some time at least.

No visa is required for a stay up to six months. Just a passport.

Last edited:
Meghan's family make me nauseous. It is too bad that some kind of lawsuit cannot be brought against the American media who are perpetuating these stories. I just do not understand (and I am not naive) why hate and outright lies have to be told to sell newspapers or whatever. Does it make them feel good, can they sleep at night knowing they are deliberately hurting someone? Ellen DeGeneres is right when she says "be kind to one another".
Correction. British media. While TMZ has done their share of fanning the flames, it's been the British media that has paid him and done extensive interviews with them and blast it across the headlines.

Meet Thomas Markle, Sr. at the airport and treat him as the father of The Duchess of Sussex should be treated. Serve him with a restraining order prohibiting him from being anywhere near the vicinity of Meghan's person or any person of the British Royal Family.

While I'm just as irked by all this, there is no grounds for this. There are certain level of legal requirements before a RO can be issued, and talking to the media about Meghan isn't it. If that was the case, most of the British tabloids would've been served in November 2016.

If he wishes to make a fool out of himself, there is nothing anyone can do but to let him at this point. If he causes a public disturbance, he will be removed by guards. I'm not sure about UK system, but for the most part, that'll just get a slap on the wrist in US unless he does something truly dangerous.

While I'm just as irked by all this, there is no grounds for this. There are certain level of legal requirements before a RO can be issued, and talking to the media about Meghan isn't it. If that was the case, most of the British tabloids would've been served in November 2016.

You're absolutely right and I'm going to retract my statement about getting a restraining order. I should have done research before making that statement. Doing the research, what I've found out is that "In the UK, restraining orders can only be issued during sentencing – so to get a restraining order against someone, you have to first report them to the police and then take them to court."

So, scratch that idea. ?

Absolutely right Osipi.

Well I didn’t read further down, sorry.

Just wondering....how about filing No Contact or RO in the US? That might be something to think about.

I’ve have both for one of Satan’s Apostles, who travels internationally, The NC stipulates including my family. Just a thought...

Meghan's family make me nauseous. It is too bad that some kind of lawsuit cannot be brought against the American media who are perpetuating these stories.

Well, GMB and the Sun are not American media. :ermm:

Just wondering....how about filing No Contact or RO in the US? That might be something to think about.

I’ve have both for one of Satan’s Apostles, who travels internationally, The NC stipulates including my family. Just a thought...

This situation still doesn't meet the legal requirement until they actually do something. And no, simply leaving flowers outside of Doria's house on Mother's Day doesn't count.

Then they would be just as bad as their parent and apparently their grandfather. I think staying out of the limelight and remaining quiet has only benefited their privacy.

One thing I think we can take for being a given is that should Thomas Markle, Sr. show up on the passenger manifest for travel to the UK, it will not go unnoticed. At the most, what could happen is that his whereabouts and his movements are watched but otherwise, unless there is a valid reason, he will not be bothered whatsoever. He can join the queue of people visiting Kensington Palace as a tourist. He can stand outside the gates of Buckingham Palace and try to force an expression out of the guards all he wants and even drop in to GMB and say "hello" to his old pal, Piers Morgan should that seem like a good idea. He can do whatever he pleases but one thing definitely will *not* happen. He cannot *demand* to see Meghan, The Queen, or ask to use the bathrooms in any of the palaces. There's a moat between him and any royal including his daughter.

He'd be wasting his money (or the golden ticket from the press) going to the UK. He'll get absolutely nowhere.

This situation still doesn't meet the legal requirement until they actually do something. And no, simply leaving flowers outside of Doria's house on Mother's Day doesn't count.

Your right jacqui, until they do something—I remember that part only too well.

The story now gathering momentum is the one claiming that Tom, Sr. "faked" his heart trouble to get out from under the embarrassment of the staged photo scheme and bow out of his daughter's wedding.

I have a problem with this story. For one, there is no *credible* source to attribute this claim to and reading the Daily Beast article (which I will not link) the Fail states "But when DailyMail.com reached out to the hospital for confirmation of his May 16th visit, the clinic replied that ‘no such name’ had ever checked into the hospital." Its obvious that the Daily Fail has no clue whatsoever about the HIPPA act in the US that prohibits health care providers and institutions from disclosing *anything* related to a person's personal medical health. The hospital that Mr. Markle frequented would very definitely have these guidelines to work by and would *not* comment about anything related to Mr. Markle whatsoever. If that statement truly was made by the clinic, Mr. Markle has grounds right there for a lawsuit against it. The HIPPA act was an extensive part of my training in EMS and the importance of it was drilled into us over and over again to ensure we understood its importance. ;)

For this reason and this reason alone, once again I believe we're seeing backlash to Tom, Sr.'s outbursts in retaliation but its a cannon fired without any real ammunition in it. Its going to do more damage than its going to do any good. This isn't a good thing at all. :bang:

Last edited:
If I was her, call him ( just to shut him up) talk about the very basic stuff( his health, weather, etc...) nothing personal at all. He has shown that he can't be trusted now.

I agree with someone else on the thread who has suggested that any phone call from this point forward could be a trap. Samantha is nothing if not canny. :sad: Any conversation could be recorded and sold later for cash. I don't know the solution for Meghan except that having the press and public involved in a family dysfunction does not make things better. :rolleyes:

The story now gathering momentum is the one claiming that Tom, Sr. "faked" his heart trouble to get out from under the embarrassment of the staged photo scheme and bow out of his daughter's wedding.

I have a problem with this story. For one, there is no *credible* source to attribute this claim to and reading the Daily Fail article (which I will not link) the Fail states "But when DailyMail.com reached out to the hospital for confirmation of his May 16th visit, the clinic replied that ‘no such name’ had ever checked into the hospital." Its obvious that the Daily Fail has no clue whatsoever about the HIPPA act in the US that prohibits health care providers and institutions from disclosing *anything* related to a person's personal medical health. The hospital that Mr. Markle frequented would very definitely have these guidelines to work by and would *not* comment about anything related to Mr. Markle whatsoever. If that statement truly was made by the clinic, Mr. Markle has grounds right there for a lawsuit against it. The HIPPA act was an extensive part of my training in EMS and the importance of it was drilled into us over and over again to ensure we understood its importance. ;)

For this reason and this reason alone, once again I believe we're seeing backlash to Tom, Sr.'s outbursts in retaliation but its a cannon fired without any real ammunition in it. Its going to do more damage than its going to do any good. This isn't a good thing at all. :bang:

Question about the HIPPA law. Would he be covered if he was never a patient there? Because if there isn't an established relationship between Tom Sr. and this clinic, then there is no confidentiality to speak of.

As for the rest of the story, I highly doubt anyone close to Meghan would want anyone to feel sorry for her. A strong and proud woman isn't one to play the victim card and want people to feel sorry for her even if she is the victim. I'm sure she'd prefer people to remember the work she's done and what she's accomplished in her own right.

That's a really good question Jacqui. I don't remember if the actual place where Tom's heart procedures was ever mentioned in the press and if it was, I've glossed over that fact and it didn't register. Anyone remember?

I think a lot of people do feel sympathy and even empathy for what Meghan is going through with her father's antics right now but Meghan definitely does not need anyone to step in and fight her battles for her. She's handling it in her own sensible, mature way and that is by doing nothing at all to react to these "family" members. :D

Last edited:
One of Meghan's nieces has already talked right? She's the one who told us her mom chose a sex offender over her. I'm waiting for some media outlet to remember that Samantha and Tom Jr. are horrible parents, and I bet Tom Sr. hasn't had a good relationship with his current grandchildren yet he cries he wants to know Meghan's potential children.
As I've stated the Markle's and Ragland's who are discrete should be shown some kind of public support; that's just what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom