The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did this the last time. I assume they are working in tandem so they can get a phone call recording and ambush Meghan and sell it to the press.

All this hate is exhausting. If it is wearing me down, I wonder how Meghan copes with all this. Not just the awful non family but the intense hatred from the press and their comment session. Why does no one in the press speak out against this amount of emotional abuse. Harry watched his mom go through all this and the press seemingly enjoys making his life hell. If only they went after real evil people with the same way as they go after someone as harmless as Meghan.

So it's official this circus will never stop ....:eek:

:previous:
No, Nico, this sad drama of wanting to destroy Meghan will not go away ever, not even if Meghan did contact them. I told my sister this would go on forever till one passes away and I honestly believe that. Freedom of speech here will give Sam the one driving this hatred with her jealous rage towards Meghan will continue on........so buckle those seat belts for we are in for a wild ride. I just feel so sorry for Meghan to have to face this on a daily basis and I bet Harry is doing all he can to protect her yet still ............:sad:

Freedom of speech only goes so far on social media. You can report vile tweets and those people can have their accounts deleted.

I hope it has gotten to the point now where those around Harry and Meghan just do not tell them the latest statements made by these two.

I have never seen this level of envy by anyone before. Does she think Meghan is living the life she should be living? I wonder has she always been this jealous of her?

I hope it has gotten to the point now where those around Harry and Meghan just do not tell them the latest statements made by these two.

I have never seen this level of envy by anyone before. Does she think Meghan is living the life she should be living? I wonder has she always been this jealous of her?

According to Samantha's mother, ex husband, and half brother, yes she always been jealous of Meghan.

:previous:
No, Nico, this sad drama of wanting to destroy Meghan will not go away ever, not even if Meghan did contact them. I told my sister this would go on forever till one passes away and I honestly believe that. Freedom of speech here will give Sam the one driving this hatred with her jealous rage towards Meghan will continue on........so buckle those seat belts for we are in for a wild ride. I just feel so sorry for Meghan to have to face this on a daily basis and I bet Harry is doing all he can to protect her yet still ............:sad:

But she doesn'tz have to face that every day. Harry and Meghan have staff who scans the media for them and present only what they know will interest or amuse them. Once Meghan (or Harry) said she doesn't want to read any of this, she doesn't have to. That's the advantage of having a personal assistent.

Freedom of speech only goes so far on social media. You can report vile tweets and those people can have their accounts deleted.

Why do you think she's made it private? :lol:

According to Samantha's mother, ex husband, and half brother, yes she always been jealous of Meghan.

And daughter. Apparently she's had an unhealthy competition with Meghan since Meghan was born. A LOT of people have younger siblings that are born when the family are in better shape financially, but not many goes this far.

It's interesting that someone like Tom Sykes is in the forefront of journalists defending Meghan and calling her family out for their crap.

As for Tom and Samantha Markle, I'm at the point of whatever.

I've never called Tom names or gone beyond talking about what he's already done to what he could do. That's out of respect for Meghan as this is a situation for her to handle. However, that doesn't mean I condone any of his behavior or see it as ok. I've always been an advocate of living with your consequences. This is his consequence and he must live with it. If he didn't want to be kept out of his daughter's life, he shouldn't have gone behind her back and made things exponentially worse.

As for Samantha, she can live out the rest of her life in hate if she wishes. It doesn't hurt anyone but herself, which I couldn't care less about.

Last edited:
If I had the power I would call these tabloids out for supporting the emotional abuse of a daughter by her father.
At least this latest posted article acknowledges that speaking to her father is just a scam so he can sell more stories.

But she doesn'tz have to face that every day. Harry and Meghan have staff who scans the media for them and present only what they know will interest or amuse them. Once Meghan (or Harry) said she doesn't want to read any of this, she doesn't have to. That's the advantage of having a personal assistent.

I am sure your correct on them not reading this daily yet I wonder if somehow some of this gets on the TV during a commercial when they are watching a movie perhaps, I don't think all of this can be swept under the rug for Meghan's sake by Harry or anyone. She of all people know just what the Markle's are like and that right there tells why she has put years between her and them. I believe she is one very strong intelligent hard working young lady deeply in love with Harry and vice versa here......so they will somehow deal and handle this together. ?

The radio silence from the legit press is deafening. Here we have patriarchal emotional abuse and yet most of these media outlets continue to harp on unseen protocol abuses or the clothing she wears. They perpetrate the lie that her father's behavior is her fault and that she has brought shame to the family.

Exactly. Meghan probably only gets a summary from her personal assistant or she might not even have to hear any of it. And she certainly doesn't read the comment section of the Daily Mail. So sure, it's disheartening, but I bet it's not a daily smack down of her emotions.

The radio silence from the legit press is deafening. Here we have patriarchal emotional abuse and yet most of these media outlets continue to harp on unseen protocol abuses or the clothing she wears. They perpetrate the lie that her father's behavior is her fault and that she has brought shame to the family.

So what, you want them to feed into and legitimize Sr.’s selfishness by giving him more spotlight?

Interesting like-father-like-son turn in the Elle article that was linked farther upthread:

On Sunday, the American also ordered his family to stop criticising his daughter while he tries to mend their relationship.
”‘I have already expressed a message and that is for them all to shut up,’ he told the Sun. Speaking of his estranged son, Thomas Markle Jr, Meghan’s father added: ‘Tom ambushed me a couple of days ago. It wasn’t a reunion I had planned.

“‘He followed me to an ATM and came up to me saying: “You are a hard man to find”. I said I had nothing to say to him. He kept babbling on.

‘“‘I said are you here with the press and he said no. Then photographs appear in a newspaper.’”.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what, you want them to feed into and legitimize Sr.’s selfishness by giving him more spotlight?

Calling out abuse is not legitimizing him. Again legit press are already copying and pasting his comments for laughs and giggles. They are already legitimizing him by only spreading his words without critique or questioning. So YES legit press could do more other than copy/pasting clickbait.

I know about Mette-Marit's father. What did Queen Fabiola's brother do? DM me?

I want to know what they both did. Will someone DM me?

Thomas saying that Harry needs to just "Get over it" says a lot. He is putting that Father vs Husband thing out there and he will lose every single time. The changed number proves that.

I really feel for Harry in this situation. I believe the majority of husbands want to protect wives and want to "defend their honor". I imagine Harry would love to ring Thomas, Sr up and give him a piece of his mind, but he can't. I can't imagine how helpless he feels in that he cannot defend Meghan in the way he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan's family make me nauseous. It is too bad that some kind of lawsuit cannot be brought against the American media who are perpetuating these stories. I just do not understand (and I am not naive) why hate and outright lies have to be told to sell newspapers or whatever. Does it make them feel good, can they sleep at night knowing they are deliberately hurting someone? Ellen DeGeneres is right when she says "be kind to one another".

I just hope that Meghan and Harry can live their lives their way and yes I agree that Meghan is a strong woman and there were obviously reasons why she kept her distance from her family all these years. Interesting that their are no stories about her mother, who has been the epitome of grace during this.

I don't believe any source close to Meghan talking to the Daily Mail but I will give Samantha and Thomas until the end of the day to react to it. Clever bait Daily Mail.

Thomas Markle claimed heart surgery so he could avoid royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

This is such a mess and I agree with duchessrachel that I feel awful for Meghan and Harry. I am sure they both feel incredibly helpless because they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think Meghan knows what she is dealing with....that's why she hasn't spoken to Sam in 10 years.

The question I would ask of Samantha is....has she spoken to her mother or any of her children in the last year?

And again, where was Father Markle when Tom and Samantha were trying to do their best to denigrate Meghan's character?

I agree with Muhler's assessment that the people who will believe the claims made by Samantha, Thomas Jr., are those who don't like Meghan.

Yes, the comments are just a small sampling of public opinion but the more these people talk, the worst it looks for them.

And yikes...Thomas Jr., is at it again. Wrote a letter to the Queen asking her to protect Meghan.

These people.

Last edited:
Meghan's family make me nauseous. It is too bad that some kind of lawsuit cannot be brought against the American media who are perpetuating these stories. I just do not understand (and I am not naive) why hate and outright lies have to be told to sell newspapers or whatever. Does it make them feel good, can they sleep at night knowing they are deliberately hurting someone? Ellen DeGeneres is right when she says "be kind to one another".

I just hope that Meghan and Harry can live their lives their way and yes I agree that Meghan is a strong woman and there were obviously reasons why she kept her distance from her family all these years. Interesting that their are no stories about her mother, who has been the epitome of grace during this.

I *absolutely* agree with your entire assessment of this horrible family situation 100% and I for the love of heaven can not believe this country has laws that do not stop the media from trying to destroy someone else's life. Where is the bloody conscious of these people, is this all about Just Money to them? I know about horrible family situations and how to walk away and let bygones be just that as lots of us do here, yet this is so over the top in hate and jealousy of one person for another that it to me is scary and that is JMHO here. Someone really needs now to tell Sam to shut the hell up and be gone.....or else do something within the bounds of the law if there is any law out there ......

I don't believe any source close to Meghan talking to the Daily Mail but I will give Samantha and Thomas until the end of the day to react to it. Clever bait Daily Mail.

Thomas Markle claimed heart surgery so he could avoid royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

This is such a mess and I agree with duchessrachel that I feel awful for Meghan and Harry. I am sure they both feel incredibly helpless because they are dned if they do and damned if they don't.

I always side eyed Tom’s story because I thought it was suspect that KP never confimed his health and took so long to respond in the week of the wedding. But...

Whoever this so called friend of Meghan’s is needs to shut up. This will only fuel Tom and Sam more and will only start a stealth war of words.

If this is KP media team working through sources, which they do, this was the wrong way to go about it...

I used to really feel sorry for Thomas. He kept to himself & did not talk to the press. I don't know who turned on his switch but, they need to flip it to the off position. He has to know that the more he talks the more it upsets his daughter & in laws. They can't stop him from going to that country. But, they sure as hell can block him from seeing her & any future children that they have. He just needs to go back to being quite & not to about her to anyone. Maybe after sometime she can trust him again. That Interview with P. Morgan. I think that could have been the final straw for her. If you are having a private conversation with Megan & then does a TV interview with that DOG PM. I would cut him off also. Nothing would be safe for to say or do( if she were ever to meet him again). OMG that sister must be in her glory that their father has now joined the circus.

If I was her, call him ( just to shut him up) talk about the very basic stuff( his health, weather, etc...) nothing personal at all. He has shown that he can't be trusted now.

If this is KP media team working through sources, which they do, this was the wrong way to go about it...

I think this is just an intern at Daily Mail fanning the flames with info they were already sitting on, which they somewhat confirmed.

Not surprised whatsoever that Tom Jr is talking. I was expecting as much.

The article claims a source close to the duchess is saying Tom Markle's heart attack story was made up.

Meghan has been dealing with him fine and knows engaging with his stories makes it worse and drags things out even more so I really don't think this is something Meghan asked to be put out or wanted to be put out. This is giving them a reaction which is exactly what they want.

If this is someone who is close to the duchess that is trying to help I hope they don't comment further. It drags things out and makes it seem like they are responding using the tabloid press and drags the duchess down to the Markle level.

Last edited:
If publications like Daily Mail would stop printing these insane ravings and/or people stop clicking on the stories, they will go away.

This will never happen, tabloid trash sells papers, not only with Meghan.

My guess is that Meghan's family get money from the press or whoever and will publish tweets/accusations in return to keep it going.

I feel sorry for Meghan for having to put up with this family of hers and for being unable to defend herself as a royal, but even if she did, it would only make it worse.

For example, its a tactic of German tabloids to write absurd stories, every often about the Swedish Royal Family (Silvia is German), only to get a counterstatement from Royal House, what makes another headline, this time even official.

I think this is just an intern at Daily Mail fanning the flames with info they were already sitting on, which they somewhat confirmed.

Not surprised whatsoever that Tom Jr is talking. I was expecting as much.

Totally agree with you, this is a way to keep the flames blowing and for the Markles to get up in arms again.......I very seriously doubt anyone in the circle of trust that Meghan and Harry have would do this ever...they all know better and what the consequences would be. Besides it is the *Daily Fail* of whom we never trust....

And yikes...Thomas Jr., is at it again. Wrote a letter to the Queen asking her to protect Meghan.

And there we have it. Another fragment of illusion from the mind of someone whose "facts" about the royal family are gleaned from the front pages of tabloids conveniently displayed at the local grocery checkout lane. Its a quite common thing, I believe, especially in the USA for people that really don't find the life and times of royals at all interesting like we do here. I have to admit that even I, during the Diana years, got all my information on the War of the Wales that way. I worked as a checkout cashier and would scan these tabloids during my "slow" times. Misinformation is a common thing but for those "out there" that are still in that mode of gleaning information, the theories and the beliefs and the accusations spread like wildfire and stand the danger of becoming accepted truths. There are journalists (for lack of a better word) that have amassed a fortune from this kind of thing.

Many "conspiracies" surrounding the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, after 21 years have mostly faded into obscurity but all it takes is one blurb similar to what has emerged from the mouth of Thomas Markle, Jr. to dredge it all up and take on a new life like a phoenix rising from the ashes. The danger lies not in the tabloids who will print just about anything from anybody but the fact that right now, the "War of the Markles" finds each bleat by an estranged (with the emphasis on strange) Markle family member being picked up by news outlets around the world. Even "respectable" and "credible" sources are finding it "news" that should be given attention.

Another aspect of all this that I feel is rearing its ugly head is that the entire "War of the Markles" is strikingly one sided. The "other side" adds more and more predators to their proverbial moat each time a bleat is heard around the world. They're between a rock and a hard place. Do they fight back and dispute claims and makes statements every 24 hours that Meghan has cut ties with every member of the Markle family permanently and that Meghan and Harry, their staff at Kensington Palace, the entire royal family and their staffs have declared the Markle family persona non gratis or even plot a PR stunt to try to put an end to it all and "reconcile" Meghan with her estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family or do they continue to continue with the "silence mode" that is driving this family into an out of control frenzy?

I'm of the opinion that what Meghan's side of things is doing with total silence is the best move. They're not feeding into this crap storm that seems to grow each day with each day bringing more outrageous insults, accusations and grasping at straws to make some kind of an impact to get Meghan and her new family to react. There's an old saying that if you give someone enough rope, they'll eventually hang themselves with it.

Meghan has enough strength of character to know exactly where these people are coming from, what their ultimate aim is and why they're doing this and that it has gone far beyond just attacking her personally. She is safe and secure in the proverbial inaccessible castle with the drawbridge up, the portcullis firmly down, her sentinels perched at the ready at the turrets, and a moat being freshly stocked with predators daily.

How long will the siege last? No one knows but I do know one thing. That is that Meghan and Harry along with her new family are above the petty moans and groans and whines of people that, in reality, just don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

The press however, has found a new cash cow and will milk it for all its worth.

I wonder why no one brings up that these people ignore and abandon their children yet want Meghan to pay attention to them. I want to hear more from Meghan's nieces and nephews about the pain these people have caused them and that they aren't victims.

The article claims a source close to the duchess is saying Tom Markle's heart attack story was made up.

Meghan has been dealing with him fine and knows engaging with his stories makes it worse and drags things out even more so I really don't think this is something Meghan asked to be put out or wanted to be put out. This is giving them a reaction which is exactly what they want.

If this is someone who is close to the duchess that is trying to help I hope they don't comment further. It drags things out and makes it seem like they are responding using the tabloid press and drags the duchess down to the Markle level.

Someone "close to Meghan" could be anybody. The gatekeeper at KP or anyone that has come within hearing distance of Meghan anywhere. Unless there is a definite quote from a named person, its a ploy to use "someone close to the royals" or "a close friend" or "sources high up in the palace" as a tool to try to give credence to something entirely made up out of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom