The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if that statement had been made by the Prince of Wales, I'd be more apt to give it some credence as Charles has always been the epitome of what a best dressed British gentleman looks like. Then we look at pictures of Thomas Markle, Sr. and for me, his statement and his pictures just do not make his statement credible whatsoever. The man knows 1930s styles? He wasn't anymore alive in the 30s than I was and the last I knew, he worked as a lighting director and not in costuming and set clothing design.

Its blatantly obvious that he got this snippet of information from somewhere and it wasn't from Vogue. Someone keeping a very close critical eye on what Meghan wears. Doesn't sound like something Tom, Sr. would do. :D

This is just a constant playing out of “I want what you have”

Not so much they want what she has but want to be what she is in my book. Overblown sense of entitlement. The simple fact that Tom, Sr. now seems to declare he's taking on the royal family and cackling with glee that he's made them go quiet and even thinks his daughter (he actually called her the Duchess) would get a laugh out of all this shows that he has taken his role as "father" to a delusional level. He's done the same with President Trump in putting his importance on the same level with the President of the United States. What next? An irrational claim to be Divine? I wouldn't be surprised.

Its all delusion and exaggeration and narcissistic and you can't make this stuff up. It goes far beyond just wanting to cash in and ride on Meghan's coat tails to fame and fortune.

Yes Osipi, it’s delusional, it’s all about control. This guy is a waste.

Not so much they want what she has but want to be what she is in my book. Overblown sense of entitlement. The simple fact that Tom, Sr. now seems to declare he's taking on the royal family and cackling with glee that he's made them go quiet and even thinks his daughter (he actually called her the Duchess) would get a laugh out of all this shows that he has taken his role as "father" to a delusional level. He's done the same with President Trump in putting his importance on the same level with the President of the United States. What next? An irrational claim to be Divine? I wouldn't be surprised.

Its all delusion and exaggeration and narcissistic and you can't make this stuff up. It goes far beyond just wanting to cash in and ride on Meghan's coat tails to fame and fortune.

That's intersting

"The Duchess?" He is starting to turn bitter.

This man is unbelievable.

It's weird how fast Mr Markle went down the drain. He must've had hard time not saying a word for a year, and the attention not being on him. The when he started, and he got the 'adorable, poor dad' comments from the media, he didn't want to stop. And few more interviews, and he's pretty much seen as manipulative abuser.

And yes, the use of 'Duchess' is very telling.

Tom Sr. is a sad, sad excuse for a father and a human being. And he's naive, but not in a charming way. If he actually said the things that TMZ is quoting him on, he clearly has no idea how the BRF works, and is more intent on having a gargantuan public tantrum. That should end well :eek:

I have a lot of sympathy for Meghan and Harry.

What next? An irrational claim to be Divine?

I fully expect him shortly to be ringing TMZ purporting to be Cleopatra reincarnated...

:previous: Drats! I thought I detected carryover traits from Henry VIII in him.

Sorry... just had to do it. :hiding:

Tom Sr. is a sad, sad excuse for a father and a human being. And he's naive, but not in a charming way. If he actually said the things that TMZ is quoting him on, he clearly has no idea how the BRF works, and is more intent on having a gargantuan public tantrum. That should end well :eek:

I have a lot of sympathy for Meghan and Harry.

He is going after the BRF, an American going up against the BRF. Will the UK press continue to champion his cause against their Queen? I know how it works for me and family. Usually I can talk about my family BUT outsiders cannot do the same. We close ranks.
Save

detected carryover traits from Henry VIII in him.

But you DID.. maltreating daughters was something of a habit with THAT Harry too..

But you DID.. maltreating daughters was something of a habit with THAT Harry too..

To be fair to him, it doesn't seem like he prefer his son either.

He is going after the BRF, an American going up against the BRF. Will the UK press continue to champion his cause against their Queen? I know how it works for me and family. Usually I can talk about my family BUT outsiders cannot do the same. We close ranks.
Save

They are billing it as against Meghan rather than the Queen in the headlines. As long as they continue to do that, I don't see their behavior changing either.

Last edited by a moderator:
And in the meantime, behind closed doors burning the midnight oil are a team of lawyers, attorneys and counselors pouring over each and every word and accusation and threat hoping against hope that somewhere, somehow there will be something they can actually take legal action against. Its a tough road to go.

And in the meantime, behind closed doors burning the midnight oil are a team of lawyers, attorneys and counselors pouring over each and every word and accusation and threat hoping against hope that somewhere, somehow there will be something they can actually take legal action against. Its a tough road to go.

Thats the thing, he is just playing the I'll embarrass you until you give in to my demands. Its not really scandalous, nothing on par with toe sucking. He is the drunk dad who shows up at your recital and makes a scene.

This statement here.......*‘I’m not going to wave flags and make a fool of myself. I’d find a hotel room and try to reach them*.....hasn't he already done that a couple of times over, made a huge fool of himself in front to the world....of course he has and the thing is, he does not give a damn, he wants to be in the history books along with all the royal family. A very disgusting, abusive, ugly man for a father. Seems it has to be his way or no way........

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...let's keep the thread clean.

Comments that infer that bodily harm and/or a threat towards any member of the BRF and/or the Markle family will be deleted without notice.

That's not funny nor will it be tolerated.

The more I learn about the Markle family, the more impressed I am by Meghan. She managed to become someone who seems quite capable, discreet, genuine and kind. Her mother deserves a lot of credit and so does she.

It makes so much sense that Harry said she’d never had much family. We can see now that she didn’t- only her mother. I’m glad she found her happiness and I doubt her father and toxic siblings spoil that. Their 15 minutes are nearly up and that relationship will likely never recover.

I am trying to figure out Markle's Sr., end game?

I read his most recent rant on TMZ, which has already been discussed here..so he is basically stating that he isn't going anywhere and not going to be quiet about it. And that, chuckle about the Duchess is truly awful. Does he think this is going to work?

So what does he want besides the obvious (for Meghan to contact him, fly him to England and meet the Queen). Since he has stated that he hasn't spoken to her and his calls are going unanswered...how is this media blitz going to convince his daughter and the Palace to call him? He has already proven that he can't be trusted nor can he be quiet. So why should they call him?

It comes across IMO as bullying and not very productive. I can't imagine she will be calling him at all. And since he is so worried about how Meghan is being treated by the public and the royals, one wonders did he saying anything to Thomas Jr. and Samantha when in the weeks before her wedding, those two were doing their best to destroy her. Calling her shallow, materialistic, etc. What did he say to THEM?

If Samantha is behind this, and since she is mirroring his conversation with TMZ via Twitter...I am going to guess she is. This isnt' going to work out the way they think it is.

I can't imagine he will get a birthday call, I can't imagine he will see Meghan again until its almost too late. Samantha is never going to see her again.

So I wonder if all the apologists for Tom will come to defend this one? He is clearly an extortionist and emotionally blackmailing his daughter in public; yet people want her to speak with him.

He listened to Samantha once and it backfires badly. Then again they got megha attention and I’m going to guess once he got a taste he was addicted.

He does care about Meghan and he proves it daily. The fact he making jokes about her happiness is cruel. My heart breaks for her. I suspect Meghan knew her dad couldn’t be trusted but I’m sure even she surprised how far he has gone.

I think the part of all this that really makes me scratch my head is trying comprehend this sentence, which by the way, is the headlines for the article from People magazine "Meghan Markle's Dad: 'I'm Enjoying the Fact That I Can Make the Entire Royal Family Not Speak".

The more I've read his latest outbursts, the more I'm thinking this man is playing from a sense of overblown entitlement. To even think that he has the power and the importance to "make" the royal family do anything when most likely other than Meghan and Harry, they're really not giving him a second thought. And... the clincher for me is to even put into words any thought that all will be OK with his relationship with Meghan and they'll end up having a good laugh about it all is beyond delusional. The man definitely is not thinking clearly at all.

The best possible outcome for all this is for Harry and Meghan to take these lemons being dished out and turn it into lemonade. Thomas Markle, Sr: The New Poster Child For The Heads Together Campaign Against Bullying". *That* might work. ;)

Once he gets the royal family all lined up where he wants them and decides to head to the UK for tea with the Queen and appear on the balcony for the next Trooping of the Color, I will gladly sell him a Burger King crown to wear to fit right in. :D

Last edited:
If anybody knows Tom Sr it is Doria and Meghan and that is the very reason they are quiet and dignified. I honestly believe that neither Sam or Jr or Sr are never going away......they will be on her back for the rest of her life or theirs. Sad yet I believe Harry will never let anyone near or hurt his wife again......they are together for life now and that is seen in all the pictures we see of them. My heart is sad that this is what is happening to her going into a new marriage in a new country with a whole new way of living......just really sad!

She is not the only one living this. I remember Mette-Marit's father and Queen Fabiola's brother....nightmarish people

It baffles me that so many (relatively speaking) are ready to defend and try to understand Tom Markle.
Anyway, that is bound to end eventually.
As long as the BRF in general and H&M in particular stay silent and keep him very much at an arms length, he will eventually say or do something so outrageous as to completely discredit him to anyone but the most ardent sympathizers. Who, as I see it, also tend to harbor a very strong aversion towards Meghan. I'm not saying that everyone who has shown him understanding fits into this category, nor that they necessarily are members of TRF, but judging from comments elsewhere the most hardcore sympathizers IMO seems to be more driven by a strong personal dislike of Meghan rather than a genuine concern for Thomas Markle.

A man I have absolutely no sympathy for. I simply cannot understand parents who are jealous of their children or who try to hurt their children. He should instead be beaming with pride.
I could readily forgive him if he was indiscreet or otherwise goofed up, if it was based in him being over the moon with pride for his daughter. That is hardly the case for this whiner. - "I could die... blah, blah..." Give me a break! How despicable can you be?

Reactions: ACO
I am trying to figure out Markle's Sr., end game?

I read his most recent rant on TMZ, which has already been discussed here..so he is basically stating that he isn't going anywhere and not going to be quiet about it. And that, chuckle about the Duchess is truly awful. Does he think this is going to work?

So what does he want besides the obvious (for Meghan to contact him, fly him to England and meet the Queen). Since he has stated that he hasn't spoken to her and his calls are going unanswered...how is this media blitz going to convince his daughter and the Palace to call him? He has already proven that he can't be trusted nor can he be quiet. So why should they call him?

It comes across IMO as bullying and not very productive. I can't imagine she will be calling him at all. And since he is so worried about how Meghan is being treated by the public and the royals, one wonders did he saying anything to Thomas Jr. and Samantha when in the weeks before her wedding, those two were doing their best to destroy her. Calling her shallow, materialistic, etc. What did he say to THEM?

If Samantha is behind this, and since she is mirroring his conversation with TMZ via Twitter...I am going to guess she is. This isnt' going to work out the way they think it is.

I can't imagine he will get a birthday call, I can't imagine he will see Meghan again until its almost too late. Samantha is never going to see her again.

Any call or communication will be recorded so there is no way he will get a call. I expect Pierce Moogan to be on standby with play by play coverage.

It should be noted that this is a replay of the Fathers Day scam. First Sam will tweet that Daddy did not get a card/call, then Pierce will start with the guilt trip tweets, then he will do another live interview about Sr. not getting a call/card they all so want so they can get a recording of her calling.

Any form of communication will be twisted especially when Sr. is the only person talking. Sr. will suddenly remember some conversation about Brexit. This is all classic extortion with the kids working together with the father. They are all speaking the same language and using the same we are privileged and will get away with embarrassing you so pay us the money or we keep embarrassing you.

Sr. by ordering Meghan to talk to him is trying to bully Meghan back to the negotiating table.

Boy! When even most of the Daily Mail commenters are supporting Meghan it has to be bad for Thomas Markle Snr!

Any call or communication will be recorded so there is no way he will get a call. I expect Pierce Moogan to be on standby with play by play coverage.

It should be noted that this is a replay of the Fathers Day scam. First Sam will tweet that Daddy did not get a card/call, then Pierce will start with the guilt trip tweets, then he will do another live interview about Sr. not getting a call/card they all so want so they can get a recording of her calling.

Any form of communication will be twisted especially when Sr. is the only person talking. Sr. will suddenly remember some conversation about Brexit. This is all classic extortion with the kids working together with the father. They are all speaking the same language and using the same we are privileged and will get away with embarrassing you so pay us the money or we keep embarrassing you.

Sr. by ordering Meghan to talk to him is trying to bully Meghan back to the negotiating table.

My guess is that IF senior does not receive a call tomorrow...he will release some more Meghan pnotos or reveal some more details about conversations between himself, Harry and Meghan. Who wants to bet that either TMZ or Piers Morgan or the Sun will have an interview with him tomorrow? Nobody right! Because it will be a sure bet!

Samantha and Tom Sr are taunting them. They want a reaction so the best thing to do is ignore them.

I’m remember how blasé he was about Meghan crying over all the crap he put her through before the wedding. So him making jokes of their estrangement is just disgusting.

He worse than his awful, cruel older children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom