The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas saying that Harry needs to just "Get over it" says a lot. He is putting that Father vs Husband thing out there and he will lose every single time. The changed number proves that.

Thomas saying that Harry needs to just "Get over it" says a lot. He is putting that Father vs Husband thing out there and he will lose every single time. The changed number proves that.

I think that was one of the worst aspects of these interviews. He removed Meghan's own voice and choice, and made this Harry's choice, which I very strongly doubt it was. He pretty much did it throughout the whole interview. It's either the palace or Harry forcing Meghan to cut contact, she's not her happy bubbly self because of the life style she's forced to live and the clothes she's made to wear. No where in there did Meghan have a choice.

Personally I don't think so. I think Harry would support her whatever she chose to do. If she wanted to keep in contact with Mr Markle, he would support her, trying to set boundaries, and if, as it appears she has, she wants to cut contact with Mr Markle, she has Harry's full support too.

Personally I don't think this behaviour is new to Mr Markle. I think he has for a long time been a bit of an unreliable, entitled and manipulative man with Meghan. He imho has often pitted hs children against each other. Just this time it happened so publicly, on such a colossal level, that Meghan had enough. Selling her private info against her wishes, scheming against her, not answering her calls or texts, but contacting TMZ instead were the thing that broke the camel's back. Jmho of course.

I am beginning to see that connection too. We are seeing it now. First he was like "my eldest daughter is the worse" now its "Meghan should have mended bridges in the family for the wedding because she is an actress (???????)" and then back again toward "Sam is making things worse" but no wait! It is really Meghan that is in the wrong and now I may die but no one cares.

Its dizzying. I think its entirely plausible that her supported Meghan in many ways as a child, teen and young adult, but that he also played games at the same time. Perhaps the years right before the engagement they were in a good place relationship wise because I do think Meghan had some level of trust toward her dad to have him involved in the wedding and to have told him she was dating Harry before it was public. And he kept that to himself. I really find him the most perplexing person in the royal world right now. So many different stories and contradictions from him and about him.

I also found it strange that after her teens/college, we have have seen no pics of Meghan with her dad. Even the pics he sold :)bang:) are from her childhood. From her instagram, she visited him in MX in May 2016 and spent Thanksgiving with both her parents in 2016, I believe, in LA.

Meghan still called her dad and tried to see him after the stunt he pulled at the wedding (according to him) and Harry supported her, so I do not think she simply rolled up shop the way some people portray it. I fully believe her dad's actions are a complete betrayal of trust in a way that not even her former best friend's and siblings could be. If the decision was made to finally cut ties after the GMB interview, it came from Meghan and Meghan alone IMO.

I think that was one of the worst aspects of these interviews. He removed Meghan's own voice and choice, and made this Harry's choice, which I very strongly doubt it was. He pretty much did it throughout the whole interview. It's either the palace or Harry forcing Meghan to cut contact, she's not her happy bubbly self because of the life style she's forced to live and the clothes she's made to wear. No where in there did Meghan have a choice.

He is doing that because in his own mind he can't accept the fact that Meghan has cut him off herself. To him the only way she would do that if it she was being forced therefore to him this is Harry's fault and Meghan is miserable and forcing smile or whatever nonsense he was spewing. It is classic deflection.

I have read many years ago by royal correspondents that the Royal family are very good at and quite ruthless at cutting someone out of their lives if they feel betrayed. No warning or wanting an explanation. Just no more personal contact. It appears that this may have happened here with her father saying he can no longer contact his daughter.
Also Royal schedules are usually set up well in advance. It is not unusual for them to have a full diary six months in advance. So if Meghan had really wanted the time to visit her Dad with Harry then that would have been pencilled in a long time ago. And I would have thought a visit with her Dad would have happened by now.
So perhaps Meghans intention was always to keep a long distance relationship with him. And now that he has shown he can't be trusted then all communication has shut down.
I guess he will annoy Doria for a contact number. My heart goes out to Meghan she just wants what we all want. Genuine love and a family to raise and be part of. I hope she gets her wish.

You guys have to let go of your own anger over the situation and realize this about a parent and daughter. It’s not easy. Period. Folks keep underestimating the fracture within the Markle family.

Either Mr. Markle will have to make his way over to London or Meghan will have to go over to him. They will have to straighten this situation out or it will continue to play out in the media.

Also, it’s not good that Harry and Mr. Markle haven’t met. They’ve talked over the phone, but a meeting face to face should’ve taken place long ago.

My heart is with Meghan. Just don’t want to see them establish their family life on shaky ground.

Obviously, Palace officials helping him isn’t working. This should be handled much more personally.

You can't handle things with an extortionist and an emotional abuser. The most they can do is bring in a third party mediator. Markle has all the privilege that Meghan and her mother do not have. In spite of his repeated actions to the contrary the media cries out that he is the victim when his actions say the opposite. Meghan has to do everything she can to protect her OWN sanity especially when the UK media sides with the privileged abuser. This is their game and they have decided that no matter what Meghan will be the loser.

I think Mr Markle should stop speaking publically and just write his daughter an old fashioned letter or two to keep private contact open. Whether or not Meghan trusts enough to respond, or how, will be up to her and her response may change over the years. Mr Markle has brought about a very non private way of communicating; it seems very odd to me.

I do not understand him why does he keeps going to press? Does he has dementia? The fact that he said her cell phone number does not work any more, means now that she is Royal got a new number for several reasons, and she probably gives her new number to anyone she wants, yes it is surprising she would not give it to her own father but it might be a matter of security because he can not be trusted. He could ask the number to Doria, I am sure she has it. Also he does not have an adreess to write? como en go to internet and look the website, , Please somebody can correct me here but it is not 2 website one with the Royal family and the other is a website for William, Harry , Kate and Meghan? I am sure there has an address to write. He should to sop make money this way. and I agree with other post here, if Meghan wanted to see her father she would had already done. Anybody remember when Maxima got married and her father wasn't allow in the wedding, Alexander surprise Maxima in the honey moon, taking her to London where her parents were. it is more to this story about Meghan and her father that we do not know. And also I seen in the future her mother moving to the UK.

I think Mr Markle should stop speaking publically and just write his daughter an old fashioned letter or two to keep private contact open. Whether or not Meghan trusts enough to respond, or how, will be up to her and her response may change over the years. Mr Markle has brought about a very non private way of communicating; it seems very odd to me.

Yes, a private letter would be lovely and proper which a father would usually do. But, and a huge one, a private letter would not make him any of the sweet money he is getting from every interview he is making.

A letter? Like the ones who showed The Sun that she wrote him a few years ago? Oy.

When I think about it, Meghan did the logical thing in changing her phone number. It wasn't solely so her father couldn't call her anymore but because its logical to think that if Tom, Sr. has that phone number, its not a secure phone number any longer. If, and this is a big if, Tom is easily influenced by what other people tell him, he easily could give that number to Sam or to TMZ or to The Sun and they'd have a hotline to Meghan, herself. When you're pulling up the drawbridge and lowering the portcullis and filling the moat, you cover all angles. Perhaps even add a dragon or two for good measure.

Right now, Meghan contacting her father would accomplish nothing besides feeding into the media frenzy that is surrounding this. Tom talks to the Sun and a gazillion other outlets pick up the story and run with each outlet putting their own spin on things. Both Harry and Meghan have enough going on in their lives right now than to wish to be a part of a three ring circus complete with clowns and story jugglers.

If there is to be a reconciliation, I would hope it would be long after the last tabloid story is printed and people lose interest in the Markle cheese and whines stories. Done in private and kept that way. One blessing is that Meghan does have constants in her life. Her mother has always been her anchor. Her friends have become her family and now I think we can honestly steal a line from HM, The Queen and say that Harry is Meghan's strength and stay no matter what happens.

Thomas Markle strikes again. He called up his BFFs TMZ. Father of the Year.

Thomas Markle Tells Royals He's Not Going to Stop Talking 'Til They Talk to Him | TMZ.com

Thomas Markle tells TMZ ... he's unfazed by news his Duchess daughter and Prince Harry are reportedly frustrated about his recent paid interview with The Sun, because he just wants to be involved in their lives.

He says, "I was silent for a full year and the press beat me up every day saying I was a hermit hiding in Mexico, so I gave my story. Apparently that interview put the Royal Family in their silence mode ... so, I gave another interview to break the silence. All they have to do is speak to me.”

Thomas believes the silent treatment from the Palace is silly, wishful thinking on their part that he'll just go away. "Tomorrow is my birthday, 74 years old, and I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess."

I wish there was an emoticon of a dog barking up a tree. This man doesn't realize that each and every word that comes out of his mouth is making the situation slide further and further into a place where it will become unrepairable and beyond hope.

TMZ is cackling with glee to have this man consider them his mouthpiece. Lets just say that Tom, Sr. is getting rounder and rounder as the proverbial snowball and there's a heat wave going on in the UK.

So much too for the statement Tom, Sr. made with The Sun's interview being his last one. That didn't last long eh? :D

Last edited:
It’ll be a shame when or if they have children because at this rate he’s not going to see his grandkids either.

Thomas Markle strikes again. He called up his BFFs TMZ. Father of the Year.

Thomas Markle Tells Royals He's Not Going to Stop Talking 'Til They Talk to Him | TMZ.com

Thomas believes the silent treatment from the Palace is silly, wishful thinking on their part that he'll just go away. "Tomorrow is my birthday, 74 years old, and I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire Royal Family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the Duchess."

Blackmail.

And if the RF gives in, he'll never stop.
Let him talk; what can he possibly say? He doesn't know anything!

Anybody else still have any sympathy for this man? I sure as hell don't!

And no Randolph...he now has ZERO chance of a relationship with Meghan, Harry or their children!

Does he understand he didn't make the entire royal family go into silent mode. They were never going to say anything either way publicly, and as for privately, it's up to Meghan. And right now, it's Meghan that has decided to give him the silent treatment (who can blame her). Palace aides work for the royals. They would only not respond at Meghan's request.

This is straight up abuse. He really has no respect for Meghan, he doesn't care for her or her well being at all. He wants to win some imaginary battle he thinks he created. Emotional abuse, like I said.

Anybody else still have any sympathy for this man? I sure as hell don't!

And no Randolph...he now has ZERO chance of a relationship with Meghan, Harry or their children!

I don't know. But even if he was that naive, he simply doesn't seem to understand that in the world Meghan entered with the wedding, there are some fixed rules. He broke them on knowing that they exist (he said Meghan told him not to talk to the media) and now he has to face the consequences.

But parents don't turn out to be as they are once their children are grown-up, they are like that from the beginning, so Meghan has had her own experiences to base her decisions on. Her father was married to a black woman and knows how his first family treated Doria and her daughter. How can he not understand how difficult her situation is in an old-fashioned country like the Uk, where a lot of people still dream of the empire and are rascists? I saw a pic of how some elderly people in the Royal box looked aghast at Meghan next to Catherine and I bet there are lots and lots who are not as happy as the RF about her marrying Harry. he should have reaslied that and done a Michael Middleton - quietly showing how proud he is of his daughter and then go quietly back to his own life, only appearing in public (silently and dignified) when there is something to celebrate with his daughter and her in-laws. Just like Doria did and I'm sure we'll see once Doria is the grandmother of a future Prince or Princess of Sussex.

It's not about him, it's his daughter's love story, her life and her family. If he cannot fit in the place that was there for him, he is left standing outside. That's how it is and always will be.

Now I completely understand why there was no meeting between this man and Harry. Meghan protected Harry. So much of the actions of Meghan and Harry regarding this side of the family are now crystal clear as to why they acted the way they did.

Last edited:
Yes, Meghan knew her father, and this clearly isn't new to her. She, being a mature adult, has never talked about her parents in any other way, but to praise them, glowingly. This abusive, manipulative side to her father wasn't something she was going to make public knowledge. But Mr Markle is showing himself.

No doubt there will be people who will not see the abusive behaviour happening here, some will think Mr Markle is hilarious, like he thinks Meghan will find this funny. Some will still think that Meghan should meet her poor father, have some respect. I hope Meghan stays strong and Mr Markle cant go on forever, the interest will fade away, and he will be blabbing, but no one will listen.

What an utterly selfish man! It seems like they tried to bring him into the fold. But he gave them trouble the whole way. He would rather work as a team with Samantha.

One thing I do sincerely wish is that with Tom, Sr. being so adamant to get his face and his words "out there" in the media, he also keeps tabs on the slew of reports that other publications write as they coat tail his recent TMZ blurb declaring "war" on the BRF.

The tangents stemming from his words are many and each put their own spin on the recent spiels that come from this man's mouth but every so often, if one looks for it, there are pieces written that show a lot of common sense. This article is one and I sincerely wish someone would put it under Tom, Sr.'s nose.

https://www.eonline.com/news/952189/inside-the-palace-s-problem-with-meghan-markle-s-dad

So he has been blackmailing her all along, his tactics are similar to those siblings. They are all in this together. I bet he sold out his location along with his brother and they both pocketed the money.

He is finally showing his true colors. I imagine Harry and Meghan both realized what he was doing and kept their communication with him short and sweet.

Interestingly, his interviews say basically the same things Samantha says on twitter. They clearly work together.

Interestingly, his interviews say basically the same things Samantha says on twitter. They clearly work together.

Like I said before its triangulation. All three have been extorting them all along. They have nothing to bargain with but the have their privilege and that gives them the freedom to embarass and shame Meghan and become a tool that the UK media can use against Meghan.

Can we just clear up something that Tom has said? It might seem ridiculous given the situation here, but it's really bothered me. :lol:

Skirt hemlines have actually be trending lower while the neckline has trended higher. It's not that Meghan is dressing like 1930s, but there is actually a fashion trend on this. Ok, now my midi skirt loving heart is happy. Carry on.

Narcissistic selfishness—what can you do for me.....
Part of the thrill is the havoc they create.

Unfortunately, IMO, this will continue throughout the lives of the Duke and Duchess. No contact is best.

I say this from my own experience.

That became obvious a long time ago. She confirmed they speak every single day. She was on twitter yesterday lashing out at the reactions to his Sun interview. It is no surprise that Thomas and Samantha likely saw the Sussexes were out on an engagement so he picked up the phone to TMZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom