The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it ends when Harry says (also it shouldn't be Harry if something like this were to happen it has to come from Meghan) if they respond it gives the Markles exactly what they want a reaction. It ends when everyone stops giving the Markles attention.

What Harry and Meghan are doing right now is exactly the right this, they aren't getting involved and the Markles are embarrassing themselves and tripping over their own lies.

Will they pop up once in a while? Yes. But unless something major happens every time they go to the press they continue to discredit themselves and each time there are less and less people paying attention.

Last edited:
I don't think it ends when Harry says (also it shouldn't be Harry if something like this were to happen it has to come from Meghan) if they respond it gives the Markles exactly what they want a reaction. It ends when everyone stops giving the Markles attention.

What Harry and Meghan are doing right now is exactly the right this, they aren't getting involved and the Markles are embarrassing themselves and tripping over their own lies.

Will they pop up once in a while? Yes. But unless something major happens every time they go to the press they continue to discredit themselves and each time there are less and less people paying attention.

The Markles are always looking for ways to worm in and control the narrative, things like the crest, the wedding, any family thing they can tie back to them. The further away from the wedding we get the less interest in them because they can't tie it back to them. They will resurface during births, birthdays, holidays etc. They played themselves. Imagine being a grown adult and having nothing going on. At least the nephews started a real business.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that mystifies me still is the reports that have come out about the Father's Day card and that Tom Sr. feels he's been frozen out by Kensington Palace. First off, the interview with GMB was after Father's Day and I don't recall Tom saying anything about that at all but I have seen it attributed to Samantha. The other thing, being frozen out by KP. There are a couple aspects to these remarks that keep me awake at night (well... that's exaggeration but you get my drift) Is this pointing to a fact that in order to get in contact with Meghan, *all* of them have to go through Kensington Palace channels first? Why not state that Meghan and Harry are freezing them out? I do remember Samantha stating that she doesn't have a contact number for Meghan but planned on getting it from her father. Did Meghan take precautionary measures and change her contact numbers leaving the Markles in the dark? I think that would be something I'd do.

Right now Harry and Meghan would be very astute to keep all of the Markle relations at arm's length, not react at all to them and focus on their lives ahead of them. They have concrete reasons for doing so and if the drawbridge is up and the moat is filled, there'll be far less hassle in their castle to worry about. :D

One thing that mystifies me still is the reports that have come out about the Father's Day card and that Tom Sr. feels he's been frozen out by Kensington Palace. First off, the interview with GMB was after Father's Day and I don't recall Tom saying anything about that at all but I have seen it attributed to Samantha. The other thing, being frozen out by KP. There are a couple aspects to these remarks that keep me awake at night (well... that's exaggeration but you get my drift) Is this pointing to a fact that in order to get in contact with Meghan, *all* of them have to go through Kensington Palace channels first? Why not state that Meghan and Harry are freezing them out? I do remember Samantha stating that she doesn't have a contact number for Meghan but planned on getting it from her father. Did Meghan take precautionary measures and change her contact numbers leaving the Markles in the dark? I think that would be something I'd do.

Right now Harry and Meghan would be very astute to keep all of the Markle relations at arm's length, not react at all to them and focus on their lives ahead of them. They have concrete reasons for doing so and if the drawbridge is up and the moat is filled, there'll be far less hassle in their castle to worry about. :D
I really hope that they are left alone, what a nightmare it must be to have family (?) betraying you like that just for money :bang:

As an aside, the sale of the morning suit made for Thomas Markle, if indeed that was the one, would have been a freebie to the Tailor. The BRF do not leave bills unpaid and regardless of whether or not Mr Markle attended the wedding, the account would be settled.

To be honest I thought the waistcoat was pretty rough and made of the same dark material as the jacket, which I have never seen any royal except Charles wear and he wears a very fine pale grey morning suit. Also, somewhere in all this, the term "suits" was used and that would make sense if you were going to welcome your father-in-law and introduce him to your family he would need ordinary day suits as well as the morning suit.

If and I really do mean "if" they told the tailor to dispose of them it would be a clear signal that they did not intend to have him come to visit them in the UK at any time in the future.

There is a wild card in this Markle morass. Sr's female companion in Mexico that lives in his community, the woman who is half his age. She may know where the bodies are buried with the family scams and could be negotiating a deal behind his back.

Meghan: Family and Background

Alright, let's try this again.

Posts that are off topic, argumentative, and attacking other members have been deleted.

Posters are reminded to keep things civil and are encouraged to report posts that are off topic or in violation of the rules. Further posts that are of topic or violate the rules will be deleted without warning. Posts responding to off topic or argumentative posts will also be deleted without warning.

Last edited:
It seems Tom Sr. will have a pattern of talking to TMZ/media on days Meghan has engagements. However it seems the impact factor of his statements are shorter and create very little outrage. People are exhausted by their predictable antics. By mentioning The Queen he shows his true colors and seems to only want attention regardless of whether it is bad.

OK...so Senior is using Samantha's tactics. Two peas in a pod! But as you said...there is less of an impact.

Why not just ignore the Markles completely? Every time you read articles about them or comment on something one of them said you give them just what they want - attention.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree, ignoring is the best policy, but I don't agree that people are exhausted by the media/Markle's antics or that people are paying less attention with time. The world loves a soap opera and this one has everything, and it's real life. They are going to buy papers/click on articles because it's entertaining to them, and as long as they click the media will keep putting out the stories.

OK...so Senior is using Samantha's tactics. Two peas in a pod! But as you said...there is less of an impact.

Very little impact, media was back on protocol alert. For someone to have impact the story should last at least all week. Sr. antics where done by the time the evening engagement occurred. Sr's sponsors TMZ and Pierce tried in vain to hype the story but people are tired of them and have turned on him. Going after Meghan was one thing but going after The Queen shows he is falling in step with his daughter and going after bad attention.

For them to have reality show impact they need some kind of personality or style. That family has neither.

"It is better....

..... to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt." Wise words spoken and applicable in this situation.

We have to remember too that the only place that Meghan's dysfunctional (with the emphasis put on the fun part as they sadly generate a whole lot of chuckles) paternal family talk to are the tabloids. Tom Sr.'s latest spiel to TMZ has been picked up by more mainstream sources such as Newsweek as this man's words are so delusional, they're sadly comical.

To state "“If the Queen is willing to meet our arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive president she has no excuse not to meet me, I’m nowhere near as bad.” shows me that there is something seriously wrong with this man's thinking. If one cannot differentiate between heads of state meeting and meeting a relative of a new member of a family that has caused hurt, anguish and embarrassment, there is something seriously wrong with this picture.

I've come to the conclusion that Mr. Markle is way beyond digging himself deeper into a rabbit hole and now, in a cloud of delusion, is digging his way hoping to reach China like many of us do when we're little kids.

Note: I am just quoting Mr. Markle's words verbatim and this in no way reflects my own views on President Trump or wishing to create a political discussion.

To state "“If the Queen is willing to meet our arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive president she has no excuse not to meet me, I’m nowhere near as bad.” shows me that there is something seriously wrong with this man's thinking. If one cannot differentiate between heads of state meeting and meeting a relative of a new member of a family that has caused hurt, anguish and embarrassment, there is something seriously wrong with this picture.

I agree. It shows the lack of understanding to the enormity of what his daughter's new situation is. It's not understanding that she's not just marrying into a family, but duties as well. He's carrying on about his "image" and so on as if his daughter simply married wealthy or fame. In reality, the weight of what she's married into and the responsibilities that his family carries is far greater than the superficial benefits.

Markle has no impact on anything, 'impact' isn't what he's looking for. He's looking for 1) attention - which he is getting lots of; and 2) money - which he's also getting plenty of. And he'll continue to get attention/money for the foreseeable future.

What do you think he's trying to impact? Do you really believe he wants to meet the Queen or get invited to London? He doesn't care, he just wants to be a thorn in their side and he's doing a good job of that.

This is just my opinion but I'm starting to believe that perhaps Mr. Markle feels that the only way he has now to communicate with his daughter is via the media as he has stated that he thinks he's been "frozen out" since his interview with GMB and cannot understand why. It just doesn't sink in.

I agree with jacqui that this man really doesn't understand just what his daughter has taken on in this marriage and the duties and responsibilities that go along with it. Its not just about wearing tiaras and being titled as a duchess.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion but I'm starting to believe that perhaps Mr. Markle feels that the only way he has now to communicate with his daughter is via the media as he has stated that he thinks he's been "frozen out" since his interview with GMB and cannot understand why. It just doesn't sink in.

Well, he wasn't exactly in a rush to call his daughter back the week of her wedding. :lol:

Given, that he didn't bother answering her phone calls, or texts, when he decided not to attend the wedding and revealed to TMZ, that he had a heart attack, I don't feel bad for him.

But I do think, that he fully understands why he's being ignored. He knows he divulged private information to the tabloids. I just think he has stopped being a caring father, and seeing Meghan as his daughter. I think for him it's all about the Royal Family, the Palace, the Duke and Duchess, about being part of history, and the recognition. He's thinking what this all can get for him, not about his relationship with his daughter.

I also don't think there's much interest in what he or the other Markles are saying. People's interest switches to new things quite quickly, and the Markles manufactured 15 minutes are over.

Interesting that Thomas Markle said that no one from the palace reached out to him after the interview. Did he want a cookie? Presumably he still has Meghan's number and could call her. Are we supposed to believe he has and she's now screening his calls? Sounds like a good idea to me but highly unlikely given his phrasing and their past history. I do get a chuckle imagining Meghan saying new phone who dis to her dad.

The Markle's antics are exhausting. I'm sticking with the strategy of not clicking so their rants will be in a vacuum. We'll see if they tire themselves out 1st or the media gets tired of them. My bet is the latter.

It seems that Samantha learned her ways at her father's knee. Hopefully people have learned the best way to deal with trouble makers is to just ignore them.

Interesting that Thomas Markle said that no one from the palace reached out to him after the interview. Did he want a cookie? Presumably he still has Meghan's number and could call her. Are we supposed to believe he has and she's now screening his calls? Sounds like a good idea to me but highly unlikely given his phrasing and their past history. I do get a chuckle imagining Meghan saying new phone who dis to her dad.

I think it's very telling, that he's worried about the Palace calling him. His only concern should be about Meghan calling him, why does he care if anyone from the palace calls him?

I've only read bits and pieces of this thread, but I feel so sorry for this poor girl. In my opinion, she's doing a fantastic job of adjusting to the difficult life as a member of the BRF, and really hasn't put a foot wrong so far. I just hope the the BRF use all their powers to protect her from this cruel onslaught from her 'so-called' family, and welcome her into their fold by showing how much they value her.

I think it's very telling, that he's worried about the Palace calling him. His only concern should be about Meghan calling him, why does he care if anyone from the palace calls him?

Grandiose sense of entitlement right there :ohmy::whistling: Like the time a bunch of Markles took it upon themselves to pester/write to CH, BP & KP thinking someone somewhere would override Meghan and dish out wedding invitations willy-nilly....just because, well....the Markles thought they were deserving of one :lol:??

Poor Doria must want to vent at Snr Via the phone. But if she did that she runs the risk of him blabbing that conversation to TMZ as well.

One thing I will say about Buckingham Palace is that they do a Big Freeze very well.

Anyway I think the media is more interested in baby bump news than anything the Markles come up with.

Well, now he is telling TMZ that if it's good enough for the Queen to invite President Trump she can invite him because he's not as nasty as him.

Now he is dissing Her Majesty!

Last edited:
This latest TMZ conversation was discussed by our tv channels yesterday in a very dismissive manner. The interest in what Senior has to say just isn't very news worthy anymore.
He better be very careful however in what he says about a much respected and well loved monarch.

:previous: I thought he was damned rude, to be honest.

As an aside, the sale of the morning suit made for Thomas Markle, if indeed that was the one, would have been a freebie to the Tailor. The BRF do not leave bills unpaid and regardless of whether or not Mr Markle attended the wedding, the account would be settled.

To be honest I thought the waistcoat was pretty rough and made of the same dark material as the jacket, which I have never seen any royal except Charles wear and he wears a very fine pale grey morning suit. Also, somewhere in all this, the term "suits" was used and that would make sense if you were going to welcome your father-in-law and introduce him to your family he would need ordinary day suits as well as the morning suit.

If and I really do mean "if" they told the tailor to dispose of them it would be a clear signal that they did not intend to have him come to visit them in the UK at any time in the future.

The daily telegraph is a legit news publication not some trashy tabloid on the make. I have faith the story is absolutely true :D

Sr was hoping for sympathy from the press, saying the queen was mean for freezing out a simple man recovering from a heart attack. He is not getting any and the comments are brutal.

Meghan: Family and Background

Tom needs to take note of what William is doing at the moment I think the Queen has a lot more important things to worry about than meeting a nobody like him
He has the wrong idea of what the Royal family does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom