The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://amp.thedailybeast.com/megha...10000-for-interview?__twitter_impression=true

I suspected as much a long while ago but the 2nd to the last paragraph of this article has me thinking...
This man already owns a home, Meghan herself doesn’t own a home so why should she get him a new one?! The demands are never going to end and she’ll inadvertently end up funding lavish lifestyles for the step sister etc. via Snr. Seems the media backers of that family have begun to circle the wagons, so to speak. I sincerely hope H&M don’t give in to pressure, BM or media bullying. :sad:

If anyone deserves a new home it’s Meghan’s loyal mum! That Pap stunt scam he pulled at her home was invasive and likely placed Doria at risk. She was photographed/filmed right at her front porch as the paps wanted to catch her reaction to her to gift stunt Snr pulled.

Any money Sr. gets will be trickled down to the siblings. Perhaps that is why Sam brokered this deal because she gets a cut from the interview and ALSO those never seen pics.

After the exclusive his rate will go down. He is no longer a GET. He is not media savvy.

The next thing left is to sell off the old pictures that we have already seen.

While Sr. was faking photos of him getting measured for a suit it has been reported that Meghan already arranged for him to have a suit fitting in LA. The siblings made claims that Sr. was all on his own but H&M had everything arranged for him and he goes and creates those awful fake pics of him getting measured on the street.

I really feel for Meghan in all this. They know that she can't talk so they used that to play pity politics for cash.

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/megha...10000-for-interview?__twitter_impression=true

I suspected as much a long while ago but the 2nd to the last paragraph of this article has me thinking...
This man already owns a home in Los Feliz (WeHo) Meghan herself doesn’t own a home so why should she get him a new one?! The demands are never going to end and she’ll inadvertently end up funding lavish lifestyles for the horrid step sister etc. via Snr. Seems the media backers of that ghastly family have begun to circle the wagons, so to speak. I sincerely hope H&M don’t give in to pressure, BM or media bullying. :sad:

If anyone deserves a new home it’s Meghan’s loyal mum! That Pap stunt scam he pulled at her home was invasive and likely placed Doria at risk. She was photographed/filmed right at her front porch as the paps wanted to catch her reaction to her to gift stunt Snr pulled.

Anyone that has a home in Southern Cali could easily sell that home and make a killing! Housing prices are ridiculous. Sr. has two residences and while he was making fake photos of him giving Doria flowers he had a place in Cali to chill out at. All this was while he supposedly had a heart attack??!! But yet the media want to paint him as poor old Pa Markle?!!

He really ruined it. How can they have him at a christening and have to watch every thing they say around him, yet if he is not invited he will call up his buddy Piers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You all, why don't you lay off Meghan's father? Seriously! None of us know Harry, Meghan, or Mr. Markle. He could have spoken to Meghan about the interview prior. And that is her daddy. We don't know anything about what they have talked about or with who. You judge him without knowing anything at all.

Last edited:
Any money Sr. gets will be trickled down to the siblings. Perhaps that is why Sam brokered this deal because she gets a cut from the interview and ALSO those never seen pics.

After the exclusive his rate will go down. He is no longer a GET. He is not media savvy and looks like you want to get him a beer, couch, TV and just leave him alone.

The next thing left is to sell off the old pictures that we have already seen.

While Sr. was faking photos of him getting measured for a suit it has been reported that Meghan already arranged for him to have a suit fitting in LA. The siblings made claims that Sr. was all on his own but H&M had everything arranged for him and he goes and creates those awful fake pics of him getting measured on the street.

I really feel for Meghan in all this. They know that she can't talk so they used that to play pity politics for cash.

I stated in a post in the last family thread that those scam photos were nothing to do with making him look good and more about presenting an image of being left abandoned and destitute plus obviously getting a big pay day via the Paps. And eventually a financial settlement via royals. That he was in cahoots all along with his eldest daughter (Samantha’s own admission) is all the more disturbing.

You all, why don't you lay off Meghan's father? Seriously! None of us know Harry, Meghan, or Mr. Markle. He could have spoken to Meghan about the interview prior. And that is her daddy. We don't anything about what they have talked about or with who. You judge him without knowing anything at all.

He himself said he didn’t run it by Meghan, that he knew she wouldn’t like it, but that he hoped he’d forgive her. It’s not speculation or projection.

You all, why don't you lay off Meghan's father? Seriously! None of us know Harry, Meghan, or Mr. Markle. He could have spoken to Meghan about the interview prior. And that is her daddy. We don't anything about what they have talked about or with who. You judge him without knowing anything at all.

We're basing our comments on the words directly from Mr. Markle's mouth in an interview with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain. I would have to do an extensive search to find it again but its been stated in several reputable sources that Meghan, Harry and Kensington Palace were *not* advised or given a heads up before this interview aired.

When it all comes directly from the Mr. Markle's mouth and one can actually hear the man state these things, we *do* know what he's talking about. ;)

He really ruined it. How can they have him at a christening and have to watch every thing they say around him, yet if he is not invited he will call up his buddy Piers.

So, invite him.
But wait until the last minute, and leave him to make the arrangements on his own.

I'm betting he'll be a no-show once again.

Last edited:
Sr has earned enough money from the pap scam and the GMB interview he can afford the round trip ticket to the UK and the hotel stay. KP staff doesn't need to meet him at Heathrow. But that may be moot
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle May Royally Ban Thomas Markle | Personal Space

Another story about a Sr ban.

If this story is true, the suits which had been made for Mr. Markle were sold at a cut-rate price to a man who wore one of them to Royal Ascot:

PR heavyweight shows off tailcoat that was made for Mr Markle | Daily Mail Online

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-royal-wedding-outfit-put-good-use-cancelled/

I think this is the BRF striking back

If this story is true, the suits which had been made for Mr. Markle were sold at a cut-rate price to a man who wore one of them to Royal Ascot:

PR heavyweight shows off tailcoat that was made for Mr Markle | Daily Mail Online

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-royal-wedding-outfit-put-good-use-cancelled/

I think this is the BRF striking back for the interview. This story is being leaked to a legitimate outlet too. The plan is to discredit Sr in the press. This is chum the BRF threw in the water so the media will go after him. If the tabloids don't bite at least the palace got a lick in.

This just in: Sr wants a family reunion
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...an-markles-dad-desperate-reunite-12776067.amp

The Markles want another payout. Besides Meghan doesn't go anywhere without royal protection officers

To me, its no big deal if a suit (that was made to order for Tom Markle and was never picked up and used) was sold to somebody else at a reduced price. Far better that the suit came to a good use than collecting dust somewhere in a tailor's back room. I don't think KP or anyone around Meghan was party to this story.

It really is a non story and not exactly breaking news. Obviously, with the items that were being created for Mr. Markle never fitted with him or picked up, I seriously doubt that the tailor, commissioned by Meghan, who it seems works for a very reputable business, would have sold these items to someone else if the order had been completed and paid for.

At least the clothing came to some good use.

All I can say to this bit of information is that whatever Tom Sr. was smoking when he came out with these "hopes", I want some. Ain't gonna happen Tom. There isn't a sane person in the world that would put themselves in the same room as those half siblings after the crap that they've pulled so far. Just ain't gonna happen. Nope. No way. No sir. No ma'am. Just plain *NO*.

Last edited:

Did you see the mention in the article that he's "sick of being stuck in the middle" and wants them to realize "the importance of family" and "bring them all back to together"?

If that's true (and I suspect it's only a guilt trip he's trying to manipulate Meghan) why should Meghan?

That ship has always sailed - Samantha has attacked Meghan over and over and Tom Jr is not much better. IMHO, their behaviour is unforgivable.

As far as being "stuck in the middle", that's his own fault, he put himself there. He has continued to maintain a relationship with Samantha (and taken her advice hurting Meghan and her new in-laws). Samantha has made it her life's mission to try to destroy Meghan. If one of my adult children attacked one of my other adult children like that, I'd cut ties with him/her completely. IMHO he's enabled his other children in their terrible behaviour.

I think he's trying to continue to manipulate Meghan and stretch out his own 15 minutes of fame and make more $$. Dysfunction runs deep with these people.

Thank goodness, Meghan has her mom (and now Harry). The article also states that Meghan didn't see a lot of the horrible things her half siblings said about her prior to the wedding because Prince Harry shielded her. That part I can believe, however I'm very skeptical about Thomas' true motivation

Last edited:
To me, its no big deal if a suit (that was made to order for Tom Markle and was never picked up and used) was sold to somebody else at a reduced price. Far better that the suit came to a good use than collecting dust somewhere in a tailor's back room. I don't think KP or anyone around Meghan was party to this story.

It really is a non story and not exactly breaking news. Obviously, with the items that were being created for Mr. Markle never fitted with him or picked up, I seriously doubt that the tailor, commissioned by Meghan, who it seems works for a very reputable business, would have sold these items to someone else if the order had been completed and paid for.

At least the clothing came to some good use.

All I can say to this bit of information is that whatever Tom Sr. was smoking when he came out with these "hopes", I want some. Ain't gonna happen Tom. There isn't a sane person in the world that would put themselves in the same room as those half siblings after the crap that they've pulled so far. Just ain't gonna happen. Nope. No way. No sir. No ma'am. Just plain *NO*.

I’d like some too ?:lol:

"their" pre -wedding fall out? Uh, no ........ Meghan didn't "fall out with them, Samantha went on pre-wedding attack. To me, this just makes a decision all the easier. These people are truly incredible.

ETA: There is certainly a whole lotta "stirrin" going on there. Tom snr is in the middle only because he places himself there.

Last edited:
Did you see the mention in the article that he's "sick of being stuck in the middle" and wants them to realize "the importance of family" and "bring them all back to together"?

If that's true (and I suspect it's only a guilt trip he's trying to manipulate Meghan) why should Meghan?

That ship has always sailed - Samantha has attacked Meghan over and over and Tom Jr is not much better. IMHO, their behaviour is unforgivable.

As far as being "stuck in the middle", that's his own fault, he put himself there. He has continued to maintain a relationship with Samantha who has made it her life's mission to try to destroy Meghan. If one of my adult children attacked one of my other adult children like that, I'd cut ties with him/her completely. IMHO he's enabled his other children in their terrible behaviour.

I think he's trying to continue to manipulate Meghan and stretch out his own 15 minutes of fame and make more $$. Dysfunction runs deep with these people.

Thank goodness, Meghan has her mom (and now Harry). The article also states that Meghan didn't see a lot of the horrible things her half siblings said about her prior to the wedding because Prince Harry shielded her. That part I can believe, however, I'm very skeptical about Thomas' true motivation

Pity he didn’t realise the importance of “family” the past two years his much older offspring were ripping into Meghan, bullying her & trying to destroy her and her relationship. What a shame it’s only now he wishes them all to reconcile and play happy families ? ..Even when his gun wielding son wrote that truly nasty open letter in a pathetic attempt to stop Meghan’s wedding going ahead...Sr’s mouth was sealed shut.... Only now Meghan’s become a fully fledged member of the BRF, he cries about family ‘unity’ :whistling:

I wonder why he didn’t respect Meghan’s plea/wishes to stop talking to the media and yet now wants a happy “family” reunion?:ermm:

All about “family” nowadays :ohmy:

My advice to Tom Sr. would be to stick to what he said in the interview. He stated: "As long as they're happy and they have a great life and have some beautiful children and do good things in the world, I can't ask for more,"

This family reconciliation pipe dream of his is asking for more and, as we're seeing, once again going to the press to get his "say". Once again, Meghan's best move would be to ignore it all and get on with her life. The louder the Markles bleat, the more they're proving themselves to be people best totally avoided in the future.

As far as being "stuck in the middle", that's his own fault, he put himself there. He has continued to maintain a relationship with Samantha (and taken her advice hurting Meghan and her new in-laws). Samantha has made it her life's mission to try to destroy Meghan. If one of my adult children attacked one of my other adult children like that, I'd cut ties with him/her completely. IMHO he's enabled his other children in their terrible behaviour.
"If one of my adult children attacked one of my other adult children like that, I'd cut ties with him/her completely."

Easier said than done. Chosing sides, loving one child more than another because of a flaw of character in an older child.

I imagine Meghan's dad would like this to all go away and have a peaceful, happy family. Some people live with rose colored glasses and have trouble with things they don't want to see.

In no way do I think Meghan should have a relationship with her half siblings. They have been hateful. But cutting ties to a parent is more difficult.

Her father has shown a serious lack of judgement. I do think he is listening to people who do not have his best interests at heart. People that are pretending to be supportive and helpful. His life has been originally disrupted through no fault of his and he is having trouble with that. I don't think he told any secrets in that idiotic interview. It was unfortunate and stupid, but not the scandal that some are describing it.

My advice to Tom Sr. would be to stick to what he said in the interview. He stated: "As long as they're happy and they have a great life and have some beautiful children and do good things in the world, I can't ask for more,"

This family reconciliation pipe dream of his is asking for more and, as we're seeing, once again going to the press to get his "say". Once again, Meghan's best move would be to ignore it all and get on with her life. The louder the Markles bleat, the more they're proving themselves to be people best totally avoided in the future.
"Once again, Meghan's best move would be to ignore it all and get on with her life. The louder the Markles bleat, the more they're proving themselves to be people best totally avoided in the future. " Never read anything I agree more !

I think Buckingham Palace has told Sr that he, Sam and Jr have been banned from royal events citing their rotten behavior. The family reunion shows Meghan has forgiven them so the queen will relent. Good luck with that Markles.

There would be absolutely no need for Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace or any other British palace to "tell" any of Meghan's relatives anything at all. If it has been decided at any time that Meghan's family will not be invited to any official royal functions, the simplest way to go about it is just not invite them when the time comes. No need to "inform" them at all.

How Meghan proceeds with handling her family from this point onwards is her own personal business and the palaces do not get involved in personal business. Meghan and Harry will decide how to handle things. Not the Queen. Not the men in the gray suits. Not the PR staff at the palaces or the British government.

The best option and course of action, right now, IMO is to ignore the noise, continue on with their lives and pray these family members find something else to distract themselves with. *Any* kind of response or acknowledgement of the antics of the family members from *anybody* is just going to be like adding gasoline to a fire.

This interview by Markle Sr was a very calculating move on his part, anyone who does *not* tell their daughter or son-in-law or KP about the interview was a calculating move to upset his daughter deliberately. When it said that he did not tell his daughter or Harry or KP and has refused help from them shows me just how devious and calculating the man is. There is no way this man can ever be trusted again in talking to Meghan and I have very serious doubts he ever talked to Harry about anything for we have no positive proof of those FACTS period.

He wanted to repair his *Image* well he brought that all on himself by not taking care of his image in the first place. I see Markle Sr as calculating and a stamp of what he did has his other daughter written all over it....Sam might be quiet now but she I bet is very active behind the scenes to bring as much havoc as possible into Meghan's and Harry's life. They are not ever going away I think and Meghan will have them in her life somehow all through out her marriage. She just has to have an iron grip on how to deal with them now and so does Harry.

And the hits just keep on coming

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...omas-markle-frozen-out-kensington-palace/amp/

Sr is upset he didn't get a Father Day card? That didn't come out of in the interview. This is straight out of Sam's playbook. Yep, Meghan has cut him off and he's lashing out. It would work if Piers Morgan didn't report GMB paid him for the interview and the tabloids didn't report the exact amount.

There are oodles of noodles of stories abounding all over the place on different aspects of Tom Sr.'s GMB interview but the one thing that is noticeable in most of them is this one sentence.

"Kensington Palace declined to comment last night."

These stories are column fillers saying basically what everybody else is saying and remarking on and egging things on to get a response. It'll die out soon hopefully.

There are oodles of noodles of stories abounding all over the place on different aspects of Tom Sr.'s GMB interview but the one thing that is noticeable in most of them is this one sentence.

"Kensington Palace declined to comment last night."

These stories are column fillers saying basically what everybody else is saying and remarking on and egging things on to get a response. It'll die out soon hopefully.

This is just the Sun trying to create false narrative and fake news.

The couple just returned from their honeymoon and are actively going back to work. One would think he would understand that. His plan seems to be the pity party and noone really cares about him now that he has shown his true colors.

Did the Sun forget that GMB happened AFTER Father’s Day? Their articles are all over the place. I don’t know how much direct contact KP courtiers would’ve had with him to begin with. Most of it would’ve gone through Meghan. At the end of the day, this is a family matter, aides aren’t going to get in the middle.

Last edited:
From that Sun article:

A source said: “There has been nothing from the palaces, which he is surprised about.

He just hopes the interview hasn’t affected things."

To be honest, things like this (and his similar statements in the interview) are why I find it incredibly difficult to have much sympathy for him.

Because, while the average person's ability to assess risk can be frustrating, this is so far into "terrible at assessing risk" territory that I cannot believe it's genuine. So he seems incredibly disingenuous to me, and all of his "I hope they'll understand" comes across not as naïveté but as emotional blackmail.

"Nice marriage/BRF/royal role you've got there, kiddo... it'd be a shame if my new media friends and I were forced to paint you as heartless for not accepting my oh-so-sincere request for rapprochement."

We're basing our comments on the words directly from Mr. Markle's mouth in an interview with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain. I would have to do an extensive search to find it again but its been stated in several reputable sources that Meghan, Harry and Kensington Palace were *not* advised or given a heads up before this interview aired.

When it all comes directly from the Mr. Markle's mouth and one can actually hear the man state these things, we *do* know what he's talking about. ;)

but you don't know what he may or may not have chatted to Harry about, when they've talked. its prossible that they did speak about Brexit and Trump...

Estranged, a word that exists in the dictionary for a reason, just saying

You're absolutely correct that anything Harry may have or may not have said is purely one sided from Tom's point of view. That has never been questioned. At least not by me. In a court of law it would be called "hearsay" and not admissible as fact. He could have stated that Harry was adamant that he was going to dye his hair blond for the wedding too but obviously changed his mind. :whistling:

The gist of the interview though is that Tom Sr. blatantly dug himself into a deeper grave as far as his relationship with his daughter goes after she explicitly asked him *not* to talk to the press *at all*. I cannot state as fact what his motives were nor will I attempt to but to any of us watching this drama, the man keeps burrowing further and further down a rabbit hole he'll never be able to get himself out of.

Is there any truth to the story that now Tom Sr. hopes for a "family reunion" and reconciliation? Who knows but if the man thinks that there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening, he's thicker than a brick. Is he really surprised that he hasn't heard from Meghan or Harry or KP? If he's the brick he's coming across as, probably.

Nothing the Markles can say or do at this point will surprise me at all.

Only the second tier tabloids are running the cut off and reunion stories. Daily Mail hasn't touched it. DM is going by the the Markles are money grubbers theme. And why the sudden urgency for a reunion in the next few months? Health and fear of the paps can't be the reasons. I think Sr is under pressure from the half sibs; they're out of money and they can't get interviews anymore. Daddy is their only source of income.

Last edited:
From that Sun article:

To be honest, things like this (and his similar statements in the interview) are why I find it incredibly difficult to have much sympathy for him.

Because, while the average person's ability to assess risk can be frustrating, this is so far into "terrible at assessing risk" territory that I cannot believe it's genuine. So he seems incredibly disingenuous to me, and all of his "I hope they'll understand" comes across not as naïveté but as emotional blackmail.

"Nice marriage/BRF/royal role you've got there, kiddo... it'd be a shame if my new media friends and I were forced to paint you as heartless for not accepting my oh-so-sincere request for rapprochement."

I completely agree. The 'I'm trying to clean up my image, I hope Meghan understands' doesn't explain why he revealed more private pictures, why he talked about Meghan wanting children and when he thinks Harry and Meghan will have them, and why hw revealed every conversation he had about Harry.

I could buy, that he doesn't understand why it's a huge no for anyone around the RF to speak to the press. But it doesn't explain how as a father he wouldn't understand how talking about Meghan to the press is a huge betrayal, after she asked him not to.

Mr Markle never acknowledged the harassment Meghan has faced from the press, and HIS OWN CHILDREN. He never acknowledged the anthrax scare either.

All I've heard from him is 'My image, and not being part of this historic event, but instead being a footnote in it.'

And Samantha Markle claims, that her father has every right to speak to the press if he wants to, even about Meghan. What she fails to acknowledge, is that Meghan has every right to not have Mr Markle a part of her life when he has decided to disrespect her right to privacy.

well of course he did. He's clearly not that close to Meghan and he either likes the attention or the money from doing an interview...…….In his defence I don't think that M is all that close to him. She never seems to have visited him during her engagement to say hello and see how he is and introduce her fiancé...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom