The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1941  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:00 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
This whole affair was discussed on prime breakfast TV this morning in the UK again and the conversation always gets round to the fact that Harry didn’t meet his father-in law before the wedding. Ordinary people will continue to question that fact so it is no surprise that the papers seem to side with TM until their is a plausible answer from Harry. The idea that this affair is a daily staple on TV now goes to show that Meghan should now realise she is on the public pay roll with all the public scrutiny that entails for her and her family. Remember how ordinary Britons “willed” the Queen to return to London at the time of Diana’s death when she wanted to stay in Balmoral. Ordinary Britons will only put up with a certain amount of aloofness from the Firm.


That's pretty unfair - from all that has been revealed since, the priority was the welfare of the two young princes who had just lost their mother. That was why they stayed at Balmoral, not because the Queen aloofly wanted to stay there for her own selfish reasons. Frankly, I do not understand those who do not sympathise with that priority, and who "selfishly" willed the Queen back to London to fulfill their own priorities, not that of the young princes.
__________________

  #1942  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:01 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,123
I do agree that public opinion is a necessary thing for the royal family but I don't see that the public has any real say in how the monarchy operates. The public however, can influence their government of the day to implement any changes they see fit.

The mess created by the e(strange)d family is nothing but a circus sideshow bought and paid for by the tabloids that will print anything. It is actually a private family matter and should have been kept private but the Markles decided to turn it into a throw Meghan under the bus party for fun and profit.

Its my opinion that the Royal family and Meghan and Harry and everyone else supporting Meghan are doing the right thing in not giving any Markle the time of day or the attention they're craving.

Just the latest outburst by Tom, Sr. stating he wants Meghan to "take care of him in his old age" is a pathetic bleat to get attention. Does he forget that he also has two other children that live way closer to him and don't have the responsibilities that Meghan is going to be taking on.

To even suggest that the royal family kow tow to the bleatings of this e(strange)d family and the tabloids that are egging them on is to actually believe and support what comes out of the Markle's mouths. I'm not buying it.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1943  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:08 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 51
I wholeheartedly agree, Osipi.
  #1944  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:51 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,498
Exactly Osipi! The royal family doesn’t owe the Markles a damn thing. Thomas threatened them more than once now. He is s manipulative emotionally abusive tool. He has shown it plenty now. For people to encourage a victim to bow down to their bully is pretty horrifying.
  #1945  
Old 08-13-2018, 03:10 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
This whole affair was discussed on prime breakfast TV this morning in the UK again and the conversation always gets round to the fact that Harry didn’t meet his father-in law before the wedding. Ordinary people will continue to question that fact so it is no surprise that the papers seem to side with TM until their is a plausible answer from Harry. The idea that this affair is a daily staple on TV now goes to show that Meghan should now realise she is on the public pay roll with all the public scrutiny that entails for her and her family. Remember how ordinary Britons “willed” the Queen to return to London at the time of Diana’s death when she wanted to stay in Balmoral. Ordinary Britons will only put up with a certain amount of aloofness from the Firm.
Meghan very well understands she's under public scrutiny, hence she's cutting her father out of her life. The father who tries to blackmail the royal family into giving him what he wants. If she wasn't under this public scrutiny, she most likely could handle it how she has before the markles decided they wanted to cash in on Meghan.

There are multiple reporters, writers etc, who have actually expressed, that they now completely understand, why Harry to this day has never met TM. Most of the public, everywhere else but DM comment section, are supporting Meghan, have sympathy for her, and want the Markles to quiet down. TM is seen even worse than Samantha, actually.

As for TM demanding, that Meghan takes care of him during his final years of his life, like he did his own mother. He is of the attitude, that he can treat Meghan this horribly, she just has to take it, and take care of him. Why isn't he asking this from his eldest son? Why is the onus on Meghan to drop her own life, move to Mexico, and devote to him?

The reporters backing TM and demanding Meghan to pay off the markles, how they should've been at her wedding, how they should be brought into the fold of RF, would be the first ones calling out Meghan for having such an outrageous family, and wasting tax payers money to deal with them, and how she's not suitable as a royal because of her family. I'm 100% sure of that.

ETA: I'm really annoyed at TM being upset, that he didn't have input on who Meghan invited to her wedding, and not changing things around, so he would be able to speak at the ceremony. He really just couldn't do his one job: Get his suits fitted properly, get on a plane, and walk her down the aisle. He was making demands for her to invite his family, and I'm sure this 'they won't be able to afford the plane tickets' was just a cover up. He wanted an invitation to Samantha one way or another. His entitled to need to get HIS say in everything, not letting Meghan do her own wedding how she wanted must've been so over bearing. And I'm sure he has this attitude about everything. He would demand M/H children to have Thomas in their name in some form. He would have to he recognized in every single thing.
  #1946  
Old 08-13-2018, 04:28 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena M. View Post
Muhler, I agree

If TM is only after money, M&H could rent (not buy!) him a house, car, pay expenses ect and make him sign NDA. Everything paid monthly and privately by H&M for the rest of his life.

If TM is malignant narcissist and likes hurting his child just for fun, he could be exposed by a friendly and trusted writer, like Diana did with Andrew Morton book.

There is also possibility of offering him a father daughter relationship counseling, as a gesture of goodwill and make him sign NDA.

This situation create new division within already badly divided Britain and instability. Pride should be swallowed. Pragmatic solution is needed.

What do yoy think?

It is my first post, so hello everybody! :)
Congratulations on your first post, Rena M.

I agree with Osipi.
Thomas Markle is like a blackmailer (not that he is a blackmailer ) he will continuously want more and more. And if he doesn't get his way, he will howl in the press, because that worked for him.
Making him sign papers won't help IMO. Because dragging him to court would be even worse PR wise than ignoring him.

And then there is the rest of the Markles. If they see Thomas Markle get a slice of the cake so to speak, wouldn't be obvious to imagine that they would want a slice as well?
  #1947  
Old 08-13-2018, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
create new division within already badly divided Britain
Sorry but the idea that the Markle Clan can [even remotely] exacerbate the sense of division in the UK is absurd.
That division is about FAR 'weightier matters' than the attempt by one [pathetic] foreign family to exact money/influence/publicity and kudos from our Royal family.
Most [both here, and in the wider Public] still think 'blanking' Blackmailers is ALWAYS the best policy.
Comparing the remote attitude taken after Diana's shocking demise, with freezing Moaning Markle out is VERY wide of the mark...
  #1948  
Old 08-13-2018, 06:46 AM
csw csw is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
He was making demands for her to invite his family, and I'm sure this 'they won't be able to afford the plane tickets' was just a cover up.
No doubt the tabloids would have picked up the cost of the plane tickets and hotel accomodations in exchange for an exclusive interview reporting on the wedding.
  #1949  
Old 08-13-2018, 06:49 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Sorry but the idea that the Markle Clan can [even remotely] exacerbate the sense of division in the UK is absurd.
That division is about FAR 'weightier matters' than the attempt by one [pathetic] foreign family to exact money/influence/publicity and kudos from our Royal family.
Most [both here, and in the wider Public] still think 'blanking' Blackmailers is ALWAYS the best policy.
Comparing the remote attitude taken after Diana's shocking demise, with freezing Moaning Markle out is VERY wide of the mark...
^^^ Exactly.

The grotesque sense of entitlement of the Markles and the grandiose belief of their dwindling band of defenders that this lot can effect change never ceases to amaze. They will always have a ‘certain type’ of agenda-ridden tabloid media backers/writers who support them I suppose, but in the grand scheme of things it means absolute NOTHING. Cos rational folk out here in the REAL world (and by far the majority) couldn’t give a toss either way about a group of shameless bullies trying to extort the Royal couple via coercive manipulation.
  #1950  
Old 08-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
The media is upset that Meghan is not caving to the Markles and they are trying to turn public opinion against her and the royal family. The press has invested too much money on their would be informants Sr, Jr and Sam through the interviews.

So Sr wanted input on the wedding, trying to force the siblings on the guest list? After the public attacks prior to the wedding I can see the queen saying no to that. Sr is obsessed with Harry and Meghan's children because they will be heirs to the British throne. His five other grandchildren are "commoners" and it has to hurt them, maybe not the Dooleys, to hear that. The Markles that are not vicious must be humiliated by their outbursts.
  #1951  
Old 08-13-2018, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
No doubt the tabloids would have picked up the cost of the plane tickets and hotel accomodations in exchange for an exclusive interview reporting on the wedding.
Exactly.

I find it so disgusting, how TM has been trying to manipulate his own daughter about everything. The wedding, trying to get her to invite the markles, and Samantha. He's trying to erase Meghan's own wants and needs to favour what he wants. And in things that have absolutely nothing to do with him.
  #1952  
Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The media is upset that Meghan is not caving to the Markles and they are trying to turn public opinion against her and the royal family. The press has invested too much money on their would be informants Sr, Jr and Sam through the interviews.

So Sr wanted input on the wedding, trying to force the siblings on the guest list? After the public attacks prior to the wedding I can see the queen saying no to that. Sr is obsessed with Harry and Meghan's children because they will be heirs to the British throne. His five other grandchildren are "commoners" and it has to hurt them, maybe not the Dooleys, to hear that. The Markles that are not vicious must be humiliated by their outbursts.
Which does beg the question, how come Meghan’s maternal family who haven’t met Harry and weren’t at the wedding don’t feel as entitled or the need to behave like a pack of dysfunctional wild hyenas...clinging onto Meghan’s coattails? I mean from the outset the tabloid writers had already written off Meghan’s mum and her side. They were unfairly labelled and cast as the ones to watch out for. And yet it’s turned out not to be the case.

Even the loathsome Thomas Markle acknowledges that his own family is “dysfunctional”... Imagine that!

A pity he lacks the self-awareness or just simply refuses to see that his own abusive behaviour towards Meghan is beyond the pale.
  #1953  
Old 08-13-2018, 08:02 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
At this point Tom Markle Sr is just making things up after the fact. I don’t believe he thought most of this 2 months ago. He is feeling sorry for himself and enjoying the attention. I think listening to his eldest daughter and the writers from the tabloids has helped him create all his woe is me fiction.
  #1954  
Old 08-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Flint, United States
Posts: 14
I hope Thomas Markle stop talking , I think he has made his point. He is really not saying anything unkind about Meghan he is mostly slamming Harry. Harry to me was just protecting his then fiancée based on what she told him.To me he seems more hurt because of the way he perceived he was treated. I don’t know it its right or wrong but that’s the way he feels.
There are several things I take away from this. The mistake of not meeting him and getting to know him before the wedding is troubling to me. Her mother was only there for three days. The only family member at her wedding was her mom , that is so shocking. This was a royal wedding , this is no ordinary wedding , yet no family member ,with the exception of her mother was invited. I just can’t wrap my head around that.
Meghan used to constantly praise her father. She has no family member in a new environment. I know some of you will say , the royal family is her family now . It’s just not the same. If something goes wrong between Harry and Meghan ( I hope nothing does) who do you think they will side with?
This is an embarrassment for everyone , Meghan needs to find some way to fix this with her father. I know that’s not a popular opinion but that’s the only way to fix this. Harry and Meghan are really just now getting to know each other , because their courtship was long distance and they need the peace to do that and not be distracted by this. Thomas was wrong to stage those photos and he has handled this entire thing in an awful way. I just feel is intent is not malicious, he feels slighted and hurt.
  #1955  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:05 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,498
So Meghan should just suck up the abuse tossed at her by her father? Pass. Meghan doesn’t need to do anything that will mentally harm herself. You say it will fix it. Fix what? You don’t know these people or their true relationship. Meghan choosing to praise a father from yesteryear doesn’t mean that the current version isn’t a vile human not worth her time.

People paint images for the public. Doesn’t mean it’s the reality. We have seen this truth more than we like to admit. So remember that Meghan has publicly withdrawn from her father despite the press attacking her. It’s clearly for a reason. Also can we even find recent pictures of Meghan and Thomas like we can of Meghan with Doria. The last image of them was well over a decade ago. She didn’t introduce Harry for a reason.

Again. The clues are there.
  #1956  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The media is upset that Meghan is not caving to the Markles and they are trying to turn public opinion against her and the royal family. The press has invested too much money on their would be informants Sr, Jr and Sam through the interviews.

So Sr wanted input on the wedding, trying to force the siblings on the guest list? After the public attacks prior to the wedding I can see the queen saying no to that. Sr is obsessed with Harry and Meghan's children because they will be heirs to the British throne. His five other grandchildren are "commoners" and it has to hurt them, maybe not the Dooleys, to hear that. The Markles that are not vicious must be humiliated by their outbursts.

Harry and Meghan's children will be commoners, too. In Britain, anyone who is not the monarch or a peer (a Lord with his own title, not a courtesy one) is a commoner. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are commoners as is Princess Anne. James Viscount Severn is a commoner, as only his father is a peer, he as his father's heir has only a courtesy title. At the moment, only the members of the Royal family who are male and married and thus have been granted a peerage are not commoners. Their wifes are "peeresses" as they share their husband's rank, bit they are still commoners. Only Diana's father, once he was Earl Spencer, was not a commoner, all other members of his family were commoners. Prince Harry till he became The Duke of Sussex was a commoner.



It's different in other countries, but as we are talking Britain here, it should be pointed out that most people, even most members of the Royal family, are commoners. It's nothing to look down at.
  #1957  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
I don't know much, but what I do know, that anyone saying 'You'd be nothing without me, I made who you are, you're what you're now because of me' is extremely hurtful. And if those words came from a father to his daughter, it would be even worse.

I don't agree at all, that it's on Meghan to fix this situation with her father. She didn't cause it, she's not the one keeping it going. And as long as TM keeps talking to the press, and allowing his other children be his mouth pieces, the situation isn't going to be fixed.
  #1958  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:13 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Flint, United States
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
So Meghan should just suck up the abuse tossed at her by her father? Pass. Meghan doesn’t need to do anything that will mentally harm herself. You say it will fix it. Fix what? You don’t know these people or their true relationship. Meghan choosing to praise a father from yesteryear doesn’t mean that the current version isn’t a vile human not worth her time.

People paint images for the public. Doesn’t mean it’s the reality. We have seen this truth more than we like to admit. So remember that Meghan has publicly withdrawn from her father despite the press attacking her. It’s clearly for a reason. Also can we even find recent pictures of Meghan and Thomas like we can of Meghan with Doria. The last image of them was well over a decade ago. She didn’t introduce Harry for a reason.

Again. The clues are there.
I don’t know these people but neither do you , or any of us. You are right, people do paint pictures, so Meghan and her father are painting pictures. Some will choose to side with Meghan, some with her father. I am staying neutral, but what I see it needs to be fixed and it is Megan’s power to do so .
  #1959  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royaldancer View Post
I don’t know these people but neither do you , or any of us. You are right, people do paint pictures, so Meghan and her father are painting pictures. Some will choose to side with Meghan, some with her father. I am staying neutral, but what I see it needs to be fixed and it is Megan’s power to do so .
How is it remaining neutral to say it's up to someone that's been abused and blackmailed publicly to make up with those that are trying to dish out humiliation at her at every turn simply because they aren't getting their way? Meghan isn't trying to paint a darn thing. She's been staying above it all and maintain dignity. Something both Tom Markle and his elder daughter can learn a thing or two about.
  #1960  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:29 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royaldancer View Post
I don’t know these people but neither do you , or any of us. You are right, people do paint pictures, so Meghan and her father are painting pictures. Some will choose to side with Meghan, some with her father. I am staying neutral, but what I see it needs to be fixed and it is Megan’s power to do so .
I don’t claim to know him. I’m judging him on solely on his current actions that tell me a lot about him. Meghan doesn’t need to fix anything with a man who publicly bullies her. I will never understand that mindset. One can side with Thomas and his ghastly behavior but he has shown the world his clear intentions over and over again.

Meghan invited this man to her wedding. Instead of supporting his child, he instead spent that week emotionally terrorizing her. We all remembered it. The TMZ "will I or won’t I attend" debacle. Him admitting he ignored her calls while talking to the media instead. Meghan made her decision. The media attacks her for it and she standing by it. That should say it all.

Maybe one day it can be savaged but I’m not holding my breath that it’s anytime in the foreseeable future. So maybe we should respect it and stop trying to force her into a relationship she might not actually want or emotionally/mentally need.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background sara1981 The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 3057 04-05-2021 07:27 AM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 574 09-07-2019 12:14 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry baby names british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household interesting introduction jewellery jewelry kids movie list of rulers luxembourg maxima monarchy mountbatten nepal nepalese royal family pless princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen victoria resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wedding gown welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×