The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Royal Highness

Giving the Markles any money at any point looks like a blackmail payoff. No doubt Meghan was vetted but the tabloids will twist it as the palace missed something.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

IMO Doria doesn't need to move permanently to the UK to spend a lot of time with Meghan. You do not need a special visa to come over for 4 month stays unless you are working. If she retires soon and doesn't have to worry about things like paid time off allowance, she can come for half the year and then retreat to Cali when the weather gets unbearable. Still gets to spend a lot of time around her baby girl and possible grandkids, but also have her own independent life still in CA and they can wait until things calm down in a few years for her to move over permanently. PR-wise, she probably shouldn't try to come over permanently in the next 2-3 years while Meghan herself is still going through the process. Especially given the political issues with Brexit and immigration.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
And you think this is about as low as it can get? Oh no!
I can easily imagine a scenario, where Thomas Markle is committed to hospital (doctors after all have to adhere to confidentiality and remain silence.) We will see daily press meetings with a Samantha Markle, (barely being able to conceal her glee) announcing how her critically ill daddy is calling for Meghan to come and visit him on his death bed, and bring Harry - so he can give them their blessing before he expires.
- That he happens to live on will be attributable to a miracle brought on by the (very temporary reconciliation...)
Can you hear the violins?
Muhler, I agree

If TM is only after money, M&H could rent (not buy!) him a house, car, pay expenses ect and make him sign NDA. Everything paid monthly and privately by H&M for the rest of his life.

If TM is malignant narcissist and likes hurting his child just for fun, he could be exposed by a friendly and trusted writer, like Diana did with Andrew Morton book.

There is also possibility of offering him a father daughter relationship counseling, as a gesture of goodwill and make him sign NDA.

This situation create new division within already badly divided Britain and instability. Pride should be swallowed. Pragmatic solution is needed.

What do yoy think?

It is my first post, so hello everybody! :)
Old 08-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Okay folks, it's time to take a step back. Suggesting that Thomas Sr. should go off and die and speculating that the Markles might stage a death, or kidnapping plot to get to Meghan, is way over the line. I understand that people have strong feelings about Meghan's family, but these type of comments are unacceptable and against the forum rules. Before you post something, please take a moment to think about what you're saying.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Welcome to TRF, Rena, and I hope you enjoy being among our global community here. We're a good bunch and always up for a good discussion.

I don't think its feasible that any of the solutions you've presented are even plausible at this time as, to be honest, I can't see Tom, Sr. accepting it. As it stands now, he would see any of those attempts you proposed as trying to chain him up, stifle him and curtail his freedoms. This is a man that insists on things being done *his* way or no way.

If he had an inkling of acceding to any of the offers that were made to him *before* the wedding, we would not be seeing what we're seeing now. He was determined to do things his way and his way only and refused any offer of assistance that Harry and Meghan would have put in place for him.

If he didn't do it *their* way then when all was peachy, he sure is not going to start now no matter what is offered. He would actually, I believe, see it as a grand affront and run to the media claiming how they're trying to bribe him, shut him up, stow him away somewhere "safe" to prevent him from speaking his mind about just how awful Meghan and her "new" family is treating him.

This is the type of person Tom, Sr. has proven himself to be and this leopard isn't about to change his spots anytime soon.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena M. View Post

If TM is malignant narcissist and likes hurting his child just for fun, he could be exposed by a friendly and trusted writer, like Diana did with Andrew Morton book.
This makes no sense. Diana used Andrew Morton in her vendetta against Charles and the Royal Family to tell her biased side of things at a point she was angry and unhappy. How is that like to "exposing" Thomas by a "friendly and trusted writer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena M. View Post

This situation create new division within already badly divided Britain and instability. Pride should be swallowed. Pragmatic solution is needed.
I think Meghan, Harry and the BRF need to continue ignoring Tom Sr, Samantha and any others as they have. Anything else is just giving those Markles what they want-attention and credibility.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Well the siblings have weighed in
Meghan’s sister blasts Duchess as 'inhumane' for her ‘cruel’ treatment of her father | Daily Mail Online

Usually Dad, Sam and Jr coordinate their attacks. For all of them to come in within 24 hours proves to me they are desperate for their fame to last. There is a fear they are going to lose the big score. Celebrity Big Brother premieres this Thursday and if Sam goes on she needs a fresh scandal on the family to secure her place.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan most certainly is not being inhumane or any of the other dastardly qualities the Markle e(strange)d family want to label her as. She is politely and diligently and respectably not stooping down to the level these people currently are at. Meghan knows better.

Perhaps this is all just more ammunition to use against Samantha, herself, should she by a snowball's chance in hell actually be a part of CBB. Perhaps Samantha is in for a very rude awakening as I'm sure the producers wouldn't be telling her "we want you on the show because you're so good of a prime target for a total meltdown on TV".

There's a lot of perhaps and we know the tabloids are eating all this up and gleefully raking in the green dollars. The more respectable publications have realized all this for what it is, pure crapola, and are backing away.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Yes, as I recall he said after the wedding that he had his speech prepared until his heart problems prevented him from going. He never said anything about being told he couldn't give it.
I too remember this. The man is liar through & through and he certainly gives Pinocchio a run for his money.

Re the other demeaning stuff he has come out with, it just shows the world what a nasty and very manipulative piece of work he really is.

I also find it quite disturbing how he keeps talking about the potential Harry & Meghan future family - ‘they will have the Markle nose’...’I want to be near them & involved in their lives’ ... ‘I’m being deprived of them, they are being denied a grandad’ blah blah blah.

He doesn’t own Meghan. And he certainly doesn’t have a right to be involved in H&M’s marital life.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

What you're saying, Lady Reem, makes a whole lot of sense to me. its funny that he never, ever speaks of his living grandchildren or his son come to think of it. He *seems* to back Samantha but I've yet to hear him say a kind word about her either. Yeps. He did have heart problems and had surgery. Where were all of his "family" when he needed them? He's made it seem that the only one that mattered at all was Meghan. Oh! I forgot, they, for the most part were congregating in the UK to profit off a wedding they weren't invited to. Yeps... that's a real family.

Tom Jr. just went on the record of saying how badly all of this is seriously affecting his family. What family? Last I tabulated, none of them really give a rat's back of the front about each other and they're not only e(strange)d from Meghan but totally e(strange)d from each other. The only sense of "family" these people have are that they're united in ganging up on Meghan.

These people are sinking faster than the Titanic did hitting an iceberg.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:03 PM
Nobility

That Richard Kay article completely and shamefully overlooks the very abusive nature of the Markles towards Meghan, places the onus on Meghan to placate her bullies/tormentors.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan is half Ragland, her and Harry's children could inherit traits from that side of her family.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

As long as the son doesn't inherit the Windsor gene for balding, the kid is going to be OK. Then again, there's some men that look absolutely sexy bald.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Nobility

It’s shameful that emotional abuse is being overlooked by journalists/media who are contributing to propping up the estranged relatives in attacks against Meghan.

Publishing articles where estranged relatives are attacking Meghan & calling her inhumane, while not questioning the behaviour of those same relatives who’ve had charges of spousal & child abuse against them & don’t have relationships with any of their own children.

Markle Sr already has 5 grandchildren and has no complaints about having no relationship with them, yet is demanding that he wants to have access to a potential grandchild.

It’s no wonder sometimes victims of abuse suffer in silence when little support is given. You don’t reward abusers, not with gifts or offers of houses, cars, money! And they also should not be given attention in the media!
Old 08-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

I think public opinion had swayed so overwhelmingly to Meghans side and Sr Markle was retreating... Richard Kay just had to stir the pot and milk this drama for another month during the august break. Public opinion was blaming the press and he wanted to preserve their golden goose so he blamed the palace. Kay played the troll to incite Samantha to chime in. Essentially the tabs are keeping this going for their own benefit. i wouldnt click on the article - the headline was bad enough.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What you're saying, Lady Reem, makes a whole lot of sense to me. its funny that he never, ever speaks of his living grandchildren or his son come to think of it. He *seems* to back Samantha but I've yet to hear him say a kind word about her either. Yeps. He did have heart problems and had surgery. Where were all of his "family" when he needed them? He's made it seem that the only one that mattered at all was Meghan. Oh! I forgot, they, for the most part were congregating in the UK to profit off a wedding they weren't invited to. Yeps... that's a real family.

Tom Jr. just went on the record of saying how badly all of this is seriously affecting his family. What family? Last I tabulated, none of them really give a rat's back of the front about each other and they're not only e(strange)d from Meghan but totally e(strange)d from each other. The only sense of "family" these people have are that they're united in ganging up on Meghan.

I would really love for a reporter to push back at TM and ask him about these grandchildren he never mentions and about his estrangement from Tom Sr and Samantha (though not now). No one has ever challenged him in an interview. I really wonder how he would react.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I would really love for a reporter to push back at TM and ask him about these grandchildren he never mentions and about his estrangement from Tom Sr and Samantha (though not now). No one has ever challenged him in an interview. I really wonder how he would react.
The writers for the tabloids don’t care about any of that-they are not actually investigative journalists-more like wanna be novelists of pulp fiction.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

It is never wise to capitulate to those who blackmail & psychologically terrorise to get what they want. That bunch have their pensions/social security, access to free or affordable medical care, roofs over their heads and they certainly don’t look like they ever starve or go without meals. They literally have more than enough to live on.

I think it’s abhorrent the way Samantha and others try to devalue Meghan’s previous work aiding place focus on the dire situation of those with very little & truly in need, particularly, but not exclusive to those in developing countries.

There is no moral equivalency between Meghan’s commitment to her work, duties and maintenance of her emotional/mental well-being. And the abusive nature of Thomas Markle & his family - and their love of greed, penchant for courting the media limelight, plus exploiting tenuous royal links. Although listening to them squeal like stuck pigs on a loop, you’d think there is.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:20 AM
Courtier

So much for the DM article being "his last interview ever".

New interview in The Sun, which is labeled an exclusive and has some photos of Meghan and her father I've never seen before, as well as some photos clearly taken at the same time as the interview.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/700006...-meghan-again/

And.... he drops this:

Quote:
“I just want a father-daughter relationship. If that means Christmas cards, birthday cards and getting together for the holidays — that is what I want.

“The other thing is — this will sound a little greedy —   but I took care of my mother for the last five years of her life.

“My daughter said she’d take care of me in my declining years. I’m not talking money, I’m talking about taking care of me. That’s important to me.”
::facepalm::

(I also can't help but note that when he was quoted as saying that he had "only" done 3 interviews to the DM, he had to have known that he had this Sun one lined up. We'll leave aside the fact that the "only 3" number is correct only if you ignore all of the direct conversations he had with TMZ.)
Old 08-13-2018, 01:51 AM
Nobility

This whole affair was discussed on prime breakfast TV this morning in the UK again and the conversation always gets round to the fact that Harry didn’t meet his father-in law before the wedding. Ordinary people will continue to question that fact so it is no surprise that the papers seem to side with TM until their is a plausible answer from Harry. The idea that this affair is a daily staple on TV now goes to show that Meghan should now realise she is on the public pay roll with all the public scrutiny that entails for her and her family. Remember how ordinary Britons “willed” the Queen to return to London at the time of Diana’s death when she wanted to stay in Balmoral. Ordinary Britons will only put up with a certain amount of aloofness from the Firm.

Closed Thread