The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this somewhere and do not remember where:

**Trust is gained in drops and lost in buckets** and that is what Sr did to himself by talking to the media.......IMHO he will never be trusted again and should never be brought into the royal family for he can not be TRUSTED.

This falls entirely on Sr's shoulders for he is the cause of this all along with Sam and Jr........Meghan has never said a bad word about any of her family so she is not responsible to fix this problem nor to sit down and talk to her father to fix anything...........if some do not like what is going on with the markles then perhaps a break from the family thread is in order....we here can not fix the problem yet we see the abuse that is happening to Meghan and feel for her.

Despite the support by the royals and Meghan that had been offered to this man on a platter, he betrayed Meghan but she forgave him. The man who tells lies has since gone on to betray her some more even before she cut off contact. The proven liar also said cruel stuff about Doria that was intended to undermine her to the public. This cruel individual of a so-called loving father repeatedly insults Meghan’s new in-laws and says stuff regarding her husband that are most likely made up lies anyway. And yet there are those who still expect Meghan to reward his abusive behaviour towards her. “Fix” things with her bully. The man who refuses to respect her boundaries. The same man who has gone on record to condone his eldest daughter’s vile bullying campaign against Meghan?? Just crazy.

A man who publicly goes out of his way to blackmail, abuse, humiliate, and hurt his daughter is no loving father.

And after all this, even if he does manage to keep quiet for a bit there are no guarantees he won’t inflict yet more pain with betrayals and abuse further down the line. Just imagine the effects of his claims once he is seen as someone with legitimate access to the Royal Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, I’m not victim blaming. I’m just saying that this situation is down Father and daughter...
Just saying that only father and daughter can squash this craziness by coming together and talking about those personal issues involved. Either Thomas have to hop on a plane or Meghan make a private visit to dad. Somebody have to put on their grownup knickers and nip this in the bud. ...
Everything just needs a new start. A lot of this didn’t have to go down like it did. It don’t have the continue either.
I am not equating Meghan’s dysfunctional family with domestic violence or child abuse situations, but I think an important lesson can be learned from research into those issues. If a woman has been a victim of domestic violence would you encourage her to ‘squash the craziness by coming together and talking’ with her abuser? Of course not, because we know and research shows that the victim of abuse in a domestic violence or child abuse situation, be it physical or mental, cannot ‘fix’ the abuser, no matter how much they want the person they love to behave differently, no matter how much they want the abuse to stop. Moreover we know in domestic violence cases those women who give their abuser chance after chance simply prolong their own suffering and abuse.
Just like a victim of DV needs to protect themselves by ending all contact with their abuser, Meghan has wisely chosen to end all contact with the Markles who continue to be abusive towards her, gas lighting her, threatening her, etc..
You cannot change another adult. Meghan cannot change her father and siblings, all she can do is what she is doing - protecting herself, her new marriage, and any future children she has from exposure to the abuse the Markles dish out.

Just saying that only father and daughter can squash this craziness by coming together and talking about those personal issues involved. Either Thomas have to hop on a plane or Meghan make a private visit to dad. Somebody have to put on their grownup knickers and nip this in the bud.

I get that is how you feel but think it is unrealistic, naive, and problematic to expect someone to just dismiss clear abusive actions toward them. This is not on Meghan. By your own admission, she has done nothing to this man. He is the one who has attacked her constantly in the press. So again why does she have to hop on a plane or hold a private visit with a blatant bully? It won't be nipped in the bud until Thomas gets exactly what he wants and that is for the royals to bow down to him. That is never happening.

Last edited:
I am not equating Meghan’s dysfunctional family with domestic violence or child abuse situations, but I think an important lesson can be learned from research into those issues. If a woman has been a victim of domestic violence would you encourage her to ‘squash the craziness by coming together and talking’ with her abuser? Of course not, because we know and research shows that the victim of abuse in a domestic violence or child abuse situation, be it physical or mental, cannot ‘fix’ the abuser, no matter how much they want the person they love to behave differently, no matter how much they want the abuse to stop. Moreover we know in domestic violence cases those women who give their abuser chance after chance simply prolong their own suffering and abuse.
Just like a victim of DV needs to protect themselves by ending all contact with their abuser, Meghan has wisely chosen to end all contact with the Markles who continue to be abusive towards her, gas lighting her, threatening her, etc..
You cannot change another adult. Meghan cannot change her father and siblings, all she can do is what she is doing - protecting herself, her new marriage, and any future children she has from exposure to the abuse the Markles dish out.

The half siblings never hesitate to spew their guts to the media about Meghan’s alleged failings and how bad she is etc. And yet she is not the drunk who held a gun to a woman’s head. Meghan is not the woman with a Court substantiated record of child abuse against her.

Folks, I’m not victim blaming. I’m just saying that this situation is down Father and daughter.

We all agree that Mr. Markle should stop talking to the media and stop attacking his daughter through the media. Period. He’s not helping the situation at all.

No, Meghan haven’t attacked her father and haven’t engaged in his childish behavior.

Just saying that only father and daughter can squash this craziness by coming together and talking about those personal issues involved. Either Thomas have to hop on a plane or Meghan make a private visit to dad. Somebody have to put on their grownup knickers and nip this in the bud.

What could be overshadowed by the Markle Debacle? Baby announcement, my friends. Just as soon as that announcement comes, you can pretty much imagine the headlines that would emerge.

Everything just needs a new start. A lot of this didn’t have to go down like it did. It don’t have the continue either.

Yet that is just what your doing here, in wanting Meghan to talk to her dad after he has bullied, threatened and harassed her in public you expect her to sit down and talk to him all the while he still will not be quiet and runs to the media......and Sr even went on to attack HM and called the royal family names and threaten them, so how is talking going to work here.......someone has to be STOP TALKING TO THE MEDIA and it is not Meghan, it is her father that is doing the talking. She is the victim here all the while her dad is the abuser ........your reasoning leaves me baffled and worried that in this day when mental health is mentioned time and time again how important it is to the growth of a person that Meghan has to *fix* her abuser.......beam me up Scotty for this does not make sense to me....

One thing I will agree with Dman on is that its a father/daughter situation with Tom, Sr. and Meghan. Then again, any man is capable of being a father. They just have to be there at the time of conception. :D

Tom, Sr. has proven time and time again that he is doing an awful job of being a Dad and a parent to his child. Daddies and parents love and support and console and counsel their children to make life better for them. A father can drop bundles of money, take the child to the zoo, buy them whatever they want in expensive toys but then again, any Daddy Warbucks can do that. It doesn't take heart. A Dad treasures the first steps, the first words and feels pride and joy as the child grows into a independent human being ready to take on the world around them.

Tom, Sr., for sure, exhibits that he's a Father but he's really having a bad time of it showing that he's a Dad. When a child becomes a means to an end, is there to placate and and provide for the father and becomes a situation where no sense of love for the child is to be found and the child is able to recognize that this is abusive and psychologically damaging tactics, I would say that the the child has grown up to be a mature, independent human being in spite of her father.

Meghan learned a lot from her father. Those lessons are over and done with and I cannot, for the life of me, see either Harry or Meghan treating any of their children in a like manner.

And the very thing is........This entire situation what involves all parties, Meghan, Tom Sr, Tom Jr and Sam has been thrown into the world of the media for all to hear, read and see was done by the Markle's only, Meghan has NOT said a word and that is why the Markles are spewing their vile hate towards her.......she has remained as far as we know here, calm, dignified, and quiet. They the Markles are the abusers here, emotionally, mentality and verbally they have gone after Meghan with all barrels loaded and want a reaction from her, for her to fix them as some have indicated.........what planet are we living on here, what day and age is this......I really do not get that line of thought for it is so damaging to a child, an adult or anyone human being......

We've discussed the Markles quite in depth here but the reality of it all is that, for the most part, unless the public reads and follows the tabloids or a thread here on TRF, the Markles really aren't on the world's radar as "news".

The mainstream media has mostly gone on with other things as there has never been a response at all from Meghan, Harry, the BRF or the palace staff. It made big news at the time of the wedding because of the will he/won't he walk Meghan down the aisle on the big day. For the most part, no one really is paying any attention to the Markles at all. Unless one looks for it in the tabloids.

The Markles may always have the tabloids on their speed dials to bleat whatever comes to mind but lets face it. Its the tabloids. They'll print stories about seeing Jesus in a grilled cheese sandwich if it garners attention or be the first to show a Kardashian butt in a bikini. The tabloids pander to this kind of stuff.

Meghan is a dignified, intelligent person that has a role that will put her on the world stage for things that the tabloids don't think is actually newsworthy unless she breaks protocol, has a wardrobe malfunction or mutters "!@#$" under her breath. Meghan actually is above the tabloids and I think she'll strive to remain that way.

The problem here is not that Meghan and Thomas Snr haven't met up, and Meghan hasn't nipped this in the bud. Thomas Snr managed to be quiet for a year, and he knew exactly that was best for Meghan. He was offered help by KP, which be declined.
Then he got into his head, from Samantha or himself, who knows, that he didn't like the image of himself buying beer or going to MacDonald's. THAT is the root of the problem here. He's only thinking about himself, what he gets from this all. He's not thinking of how to support his own daughter, how to make her transition to the RF and to UK as easy as possible. He's thinking, how will he be the star of the show, how he's not praised enough, how he's ignored, how he's insulted, how he's belittled, how he this and that. Not one thought for Meghan. Meeting with him won't solve this. Handing him out money won't solve this. The problem is in his head, in his thinking, and he will forever demand more, and if he doesn't get it, he will go to shout about it to the tabloids.

I'm very certain that if Meghans father has physically abused her, no one would suggest that they would meet in person and "settle things". So why are some people suggesting that the victim should meet with the abuser, just because the abuse is emotional and hot physical? I don't get it.

Most people here have cared for Harry for a long time and are happy he found a woman he could love and wed. For a lot of people that was enough to like Meghan and even more followed when the public found out what a good-hearted woman she is. But that's not the audience those terrible tabloids write for. They fulfil the wishes of people who are just like the Markles - they feel left behind, are jealous, unhappy and venegeful at all they deem to have a better life. These people are not interested in the truth at all, they just want to read something to feel better about themselves on pushing someone else, especially members of the RF, down. In a way, letting the Markles speak and report about it is as if the readers read reports about themselves, without realising what they actually do.

The BRF has learned to ignore these people. That's why Meghan cut her paternal family out of her life and hopefully will ignore them and the tabloids that report about their antics.

:previous:

You make an excellent point. The tabloids know their audience. Jr's latest bout of verbal diarrhea is what's being served up. Even though the US trip has been debunked it's still being run as it's going to happen before Aug 29, the date of the Sussexes' first engagement after summer break.

Why is Tom Jr commenting on Tom Sr and Meghan’s relationship since he hasn’t had a relationship with either for years? :lol: Like how would he know except for what’s in his imagination? :lol:

Abuse does not have to be physical, there are many forms of abuse such as emotional, mental and verbal all of which are very damaging to the spirit of a person be they a child or adult.....it can tear a person's very soul to have this happen to them daily and it can be done by a family member, a friend, an acquaintance, a stranger and even an employer.

Sr has complained about his *image* well truth be told, he is the only person responsible for that image he has shown the world. He does not like it when he is criticized in the media for his behavior or the way he looks, well that right there is on him only........just take a look in the mirror and tell me if you like what you see of yourself.....then change it for no one can do it for you and that does not mean running to the media who are laughing at the antics of the Markles and making money off their backs.

If Trevor Engelson had the bank accounts of George Clooney, Steven Speilberg, George Lucas, Will Smith, Jay-Z or any other major celebrity the Markles would have been swarming him, demanding that he pull strings to get Sam and Jr cushy jobs in Hollywood and Dad gets a mansion in Beverly Hills or Bel-Air. Jr gave away the game financial support from the Windsors.

Never really thought about that angle on this situation, but I agree that no matter who Meghan married if he had deep pockets, these three would probably insist on a share. That kind of entitlement mentality really blows my mind. I guess it is the age and social different of my era and those of today. We just NEVER asked for hand-outs from anyone. Just went out and got an additional small job.

Of course it is about money and status. They didn't care about Meghan when she was married to Trevor or dating Corey. They were of no use to them. She starts dating a member of British royalty and suddenly they are screaming about how family matters. Give me a break.

Last edited:
The Fail has definitely hit a new low here. This is blatantly an intrusion into someone's private life with intent to demean and mock this man's privacy just to have a story.

I would be my last Klondike bar that Mr. Markle did not give permission for these photos to be taken and published. In this regard, I think *any* of the Markles would be entitled to be angry about this story.

Perhaps that's the Fail's end game. To get the Markles all whipped up into a foam again?? Who knows.

Now they are stalking Markles who have stayed out of the limelight?

The uncle has not been reported to have said anything so thankfully people can’t judge with armchair psychology.

It's using the same game plan as Tom Sr. Photos carrying fast food, saying he lives in squalor surrounded by trash.

Tom Sr. fell for this scheme and has been trying to "fix his image" at his daughters expense.

One can only hope this Markle who has been sensible enough to not eagerly run to the media does not fall into the same trap.

It is interesting that the same photo agency credited with the photos of the uncle is the same agency that took photos of Thomas Markle a few months ago.

I am far from a Thomas Markle apologist but IIRC it was said that he got sucked into doing the set up photos because he was told that if he did not cooperate then photos would be taken regardless and the photos taken without cooperation would not be flattering.

It is interesting that the same photo agency credited with the photos of the uncle is the same agency that took photos of Thomas Markle a few months ago.

I am far from a Thomas Markle apologist but IIRC it was said that he got sucked into doing the set up photos because he was told that if he did not cooperate then photos would be taken regardless and the photos taken without cooperation would not be flattering.

It was the same photo agency that took the first pictures of Doria at the laundry mat after the engagement announcement and once again called into question her living conditions.

It's what they do. They take unflattering pictures, run bad stories calling their homes squalor and the offer a deal to fix up their image.

Tom was the only person who fell for it. Unfortunately for him along with trying to "fix his image" also included saying terrible things about his daughter and her new family.

The difference is after a little while they leave you alone if they get no response and then the palace steps in with letters and IpSo complaints about not distributing the pictures.

The difference with Tom Sr. is everyone in the industry knew he was collaborating with the photographer to fix his image so they continued to publish both the unflattering pics and the staged pics of him because the more unflattering pics they published the more staged pics he would do. It's an endless cycle and that's why it's best not to engage.

Last edited:
Why are they re running this story? they already did this!

It was the same photo agency that took the first pictures of Doria at the laundry mat after the engagement announcement and once again called into question her living conditions.

It's what they do. They take unflattering pictures, run bad stories calling their homes squalor and the offer a deal to fix up their image.

Tom was the only person who fell for it. Unfortunately for him along with trying to "fix his image" also included saying terrible things about his daughter and her new family.

The difference is after a little while they leave you alone if they get no response and then the palace steps in with letters and IpSo complaints about not distributing the pictures.

The difference with Tom Sr. is everyone in the industry knew he was collaborating with the photographer to fix his image so they continued to publish both the unflattering pics and the staged pics of him because the more unflattering pics they published the more staged pics he would do. It's an endless cycle and that's why it's best not to engage.

Thanks a lot for the info about it being the same photo agency that took the laundry pictures.

Thomas Markle did not start making comments until after the story ran exposing that he was in on staging the photos. Obviously he was a troubled person all along but the "investigative report" exposing his cooperation with the photo agency seems to have been a trigger that sparked the crazy he started exhibiting a few days before the wedding.

Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence, husband of Princess Anne
What is the name of his father? What is the name of his mother?Does he has siblings? What are the name? Do they have children? What are their names?
What do all they people do in life?

Sophie Rhys-Jones, Wife of Prince Edward, same questions

and I can ask the same questions for Birgitte van Deurs, Katharine Worsley, Marie Christine von Reibnitz, Angus Ogilvy, Mark Philips, Autumn Kelly, Michael Tindall.

Even for exposed personalities like Philip Mountbatten, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, Diana Spencer, Sarah Ferguson, Camilla Parker Bowles, very few people could answer these questions

My point is families of in laws are not all over the press and these people who are married in the BRF are not bending over backward to accommodate their irrational whims of celebrity
Exactly! Plus other paternal in-laws to the royals were not/are not babysat by the royals, nor do they request to be. Doria’s side don’t behave like self-entitled nasties either.

Imagine if these people who we never really hear of, sat on their backsides waging a one sided war with the royals, like certain members of that other family who feel entitled to something?

What is happening to the Royals is harassment and bullying on a massive scale.

Last edited:
Wonder how many are actually members of the Church of Markle's as compared to the Church of England? That would be very interesting .......

I do not see Meghan and Harry as members of the Church of Markle's ....

Wonder how many are actually members of the Church of Markle's as compared to the Church of England? That would be very interesting .......

I do not see Meghan and Harry as members of the Church of Markle's ....

Why do you want to know? We don't need to know everything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom