The Duchess of Sussex: Family and Background

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam wants to keep her 15 minutes going too. Mirror claims Bravo (American cable network) is offering Sam and Dad a reality show like Keeping up with the Kardashians. Sure, like Sam was getting on Celebrity Big Brother. Mostly likely a plant story.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Vanity Fair article from 15 th August,
Samantha Markle, Still Playing the Media, Made up the Whole Thomas Markle Clothing Line.
Sam originated the rumour and debunked it on twitter, saying, "I joked about my father starting a new clothing, and it went viral.
Just an example of the media running a story that they didn't verify at all. I did this to prove that the media print anything!
Stop being gullible Peeps! "

Wow talk about biting the hand that feeds. So the media now know she is definately playing with them. They will refuse to pay for anything now.

No link because i don't know how to post a link.
Thank you Jess For reopening this thread. I hope i haven't broken any rules.

@Tarlita - the media may start fact checking Sam and Tom now.
Honestly, if they wanted to, they would’ve done so long ago.

And I thought Tom Markle did his nth last interview a week ago? Guess a leopard
doesn’t change it’s spots.

Well Dad is giving his "last" interview to the Fail this weekend. He's upset he's not getting tea and sympathy from his other last interview where he talked about his fight with Harry. That interview brought out the Dad was no show at Meghan's first wedding story. He claimed he and Doria walked Meghan down the aisle, he chipped in for the wedding with Facebook stocks he owned and he has pictures of Meghan and him at the wedding. He didn't produce and he won't because it would be hurtful to Harry. He won't produce them because he doesn't really have them because he wasn't there in my opinion. Unless Doria, the ex wife he and Sam dragged through the mud, backs him up it's another Markle tall tale.

A few thoughts about Meghan's uncle.

A guy living in trailer park says he'd be willing to pay for a transatlantic flight to UK for a wedding. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I think the chances are pretty good a flight and hotel cost would be a burden to someone in that situation? And I'm not familiar with symptoms of Parkinson's, but can they fly without assistance?

BTW, has anyone asked him when was the last time he and Meghan even had contact? If I have relatives that I'm not close to and I know cost of attending the wedding would likely be difficult for them, why would I invite them? It'd obviously be different if they were close, but if the only thing he came up with is close to twenty years ago, people move on and loose touch. End of story. I find it interesting that he says he did her a favor nearly twenty years ago and don't expect anything from her, but isn't his complaint about not being invited to the wedding an expectation of something from her? BTW, a favor that none of us can confirm other than someone who is willing to sell out to tabloids said. By Meghan's own qualification at that time, she's definitely qualified for the position. And let's be real about this: if this wasn't a royal wedding, I doubt he'd care about Meghan not inviting him. In this type of situation where there isn't much interest to have a connection other than Meghan's status, it's better to close ranks.

I'm not seeing how this is getting "uglier". None of them has been able to say anything bad that Meghan did other than her not being close to some family members for years. It happens when people don't have much in common other than some DNA and live dispersed throughout the country.

Last edited:
These Markles. They are beyond pathetic. So glad "silly season" is almost over.

Mirror Exclusive: Florida resident Michael Markle was "surprised" he didn't make wedding guest list after all he's contributed to niece's life

Meghan Markle's uncle reveals deep hurt over royal wedding “snub” - and says he could have walked her down the aisle

Meghan’s uncle is getting in on the action. It’s going to get even uglier before it’s gets better.
Uncle Diplomat was gripping to the press before the wedding because he and his immediate family didn't get invites. Unc may have helped Meghan with a job application but that branch of the Markle family hasn't been in contact with Meghan in 20 years. The Markles are proving that Meghan was right to cut them off. She's an ATM to them.

Well Dad is giving his "last" interview to the Fail this weekend. He's upset he's not getting tea and sympathy from his other last interview where he talked about his fight with Harry. That interview brought out the Dad was no show at Meghan's first wedding story. He claimed he and Doria walked Meghan down the aisle, he chipped in for the wedding with Facebook stocks he owned and he has pictures of Meghan and him at the wedding. He didn't produce and he won't because it would be hurtful to Harry. He won't produce them because he doesn't really have them because he wasn't there in my opinion. Unless Doria, the ex wife he and Sam dragged through the mud, backs him up it's another Markle tall tale.

My view on Tom being at he first wedding is that we don't have proof he wasn't there. Just because he wasn't in the party photos, doesn't mean he was absent from the ceremony, which we don't have photos of. And quite frankly, it doesn't matter either way.

What we do know is that he wasn't there for this wedding. Meghan wanted him there for her, and he failed as a parent. And I think he has caused plenty of hurt to Harry and Meghan. The more he speaks, the more it confirms to me that this is a man with a sensitive ego and a false sense of self-importance.

:previous:
Rudolph:
Just like all the talk about Sam being on Big Brother, just another made up story by Sam to keep her in the news and on the world stage, nothing new as it is like the clothing line. Sam is playing the media for all she can get out of them and more.......heck it could be anyone related to her at this point as long as it brings in the dollars.

Only way to believe any story that the media makes up that KP said is to wait to KP actually says it....then it is a done deal......not before as I have learned.

Meghan is living her life far from these whatever they are called, she and Harry are enjoying life and all that it has to offer and getting ready for the fall and all the events and the tour to down under.......nothing else matters at all to them I would bet.....the Markle's are just *noise* in the background and nothing more.

Tom, he states in the DM article that he paid for his share of the cost of Meghan's first wedding by selling Facebook shares. The wedding was in September 2011. Facebook didn't become a public company until mid-2012!

So, Tom, a bald faced lie, huh, unless the fiction-based Fail made that comment up. Samantha in one of her Tweets months ago stated categorically that none of the Markles went to the first wedding, and it's odd that Tom has no photos to share of the occasion. Also, a nice posed photo there of Tom, in a Mexican pharmacy.

A few thoughts about Meghan's uncle.

A guy living in trailer park says he'd be willing to pay for a transatlantic flight to UK for a wedding. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I think the chances are pretty good a flight and hotel cost would be a burden to someone in that situation?

I know people who live in trailer parks--for them it is no different than someone living in a condominium or apartment. The parks are very nice and maintained spaces and they own their trailers. I wouldn't assume someone living in a house trailer is poor.

I know people who live in trailer parks--for them it is no different than someone living in a condominium or apartment. The parks are very nice and maintained spaces and they own their trailers. I wouldn't assume someone living in a house trailer is poor.

Ok, I take back the comment about money. However, my position on whether family members who haven’t had an interest in Meghan’s life until she’s marrying a royal should be invited stands.

Btw, anyone else notice that he claimed he’s done more for Meghan than anyone else, yet he can only name one thing over 15 years ago? It’s amazing how many people want to take credit for Meghan. The only one that hasn’t claimed they raise Meghan is Doria. I’ll let that irony sink in. :lol:

That times article has felt the closest to a sanctioned leak about the Markles so far and it came from a Charles source.

Royal sources say the Duchess views the situation as “deeply personal” despite her father’s public outbursts. “Meghan doesn’t think it’s a fair game between her father and the media so she’s not going to engage in it or instruct anyone on her behalf to set the record straight,” said a source.

“Regardless of all the untruths being put out there, he is still her father. The easiest thing would be to explain the background of what’s really gone on. It’s an incredibly difficult spot to be in but she won’t have anyone be publicly critical of him. There have always been fears over his vulnerability, now he’s got himself into a cycle of talking publicly, it’s very sad. ”

he admitted he had been offered private security, safe housing and media support by the palace. Royal aides insist that all the necessary arrangements were made before the wedding, but that Mr Markle rejected offers of help and advice.

I think now it seems like as we assumed that Meghan sees it as a personal situation and unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are going to set the record straight about how much help Tom received or any of his manipulations behind the scenes really.

I honestly don't believe Meghan will ever publicly contradict her father if it puts him in a bad light.

Last edited:
:previous: There is no need. Despite her best effort not to paint him in a bad light, he just can’t help himself. But I do think remain silent and dignified is the way to go on this issue.

And btw, you might want to delete some of the stuff moved over from the article. Only about 25% or less of the article can be copied over unless written permission was obtained.

Does anyone think Tom might have attended Meghan first wedding ceremony with Trevor which took place on the 16th August 2011, prior to the Jamaican one.

I am sure it was on these forums where I read that Thomas Markles brother - Sold - his Mexican address to the media, and thats why he wasn't invited to the wedding.

I believe he attended the wedding because it would easy to verify. It’s not just his word but there’d be lot of witnesses.

It is getting that way now that I don't believe he attended the wedding of Trevor and Meghan... For me it is all made up unless substantially proven...

On the subject of whether or not Tom, Sr. attended Meghan's first wedding, paid for it by selling Facebook shares (debunked) and whatever, I have two words about that. Who cares. It has absolutely no relevance to Meghan's life today. Its getting to the point that I see the words Thomas Markle, Sr. and my eyes start to glaze over. He's grasping for anything and everything to make him relevant. Up next: "I bought her an ice cream cone 25 summers ago!" I do think people are starting to realize that any Markle, what they do and what they say have absolutely no relevance to the Duchess of Sussex any more than they are relevant to parliamentary procedures.

A reality show? Sure. Why not. Cement the rift between Meghan and her e(strange)d family permanently. They can call it "I knew Meghan once upon a time" and spend each episode detailing how important they were and they still are while the rest of the world chooses to watch something else a bit more entertaining and cerebral. There's been worse on the TV.

One thing is blatantly clear. Meghan is not going to engage these people and get pulled into something that would only lower herself to their level. Her father or not, she's not going to condone his kind of behavior anymore than she would be his accomplice in a bank heist. She is also not going to allow these people to affect her life going forward. She very well could be taking time to spend with her friends and her mother for the simple reason being that she's close to them. They may be newlyweds but, as we've seen during the courtship, they don't have to live in each other's back pockets and have different interests and maintain their individuality.

The more this continues with the e(strange)d family, they may be raking in the green dollars as a circus sideshow but as the years pass, I just hope that they realize just what they have thrown away. Especially Thomas Sr. He may have a rude awakening one day and see just what family he does have and the family he could have had but through his own actions, has set things into motion that can never, ever be repaired.

One thing that is true though for me is that this whole thing with the Markles since the wedding has been entertaining. Like watching a slapstick comedy from the 1950s or a Jerry Lewis movie. I can't take these people seriously in any way, shape or form and what they get up to, what they say, what they invent for green dollars is so outrageous one realizes that you just can't make this stuff up and these people are serious hangers on. That, to me, is a sad and pathetic waste of energy but I guess misery sells and should they aspire to be the next Honey Boo Boo, that's their prerogative and their choice.

To the Markles: Just get on with it, do whatever you want to with your 15 minutes of fame but leave Meghan out of it. Oh wait! They do that and they're nobodies once again.

I would also like to remind everyone that all the Markles have at one claimed to have attended Meghan's first wedding. Yes even Sam at one point claimed or strongly implied she was at the first wedding (she later contradicted herself saying she didn't) When Tom Jr claimed to have attended the 1st wedding Sam backed him and said he did. I am absolutely sure Tom Sr. was not at the first wedding.

I think anything and everything to do with Meghan's first marriage and who attended or who didn't and who got drunk and threw up in the potted plant belongs in the ancient history thread on a forum far, far away.

There's just no real relevance to today's world and where Meghan is now in her life.

That statement about not being critical of Dad, it sounds like there is more to Dad and Meghan and the palace have receipts. If this is told to a legitimate paper it's sanctioned. The Markles wouldn't survive an interview with a real journalist because he or she will fact check them during the course of the interview.

That statement about not being critical of Dad, it sounds like there is more to Dad and Meghan and the palace have receipts. If this is told to a legitimate paper it's sanctioned. The Markles wouldn't survive an interview with a real journalist because he or she will fact check them during the course of the interview.

I have no doubt the palace has all the receipts they need to bury Tom Markle. It seems right now they taking a cue from Meghan on how to deal with her family and Meghan doesn't want to release the information because she truly sees it as a personal issue not a PR issue.

Now the truth is it a bit of a PR issue because the perception is the Markles are running circles around the palace who are unable to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom